Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-14-2012, 02:41 PM   #196
ZFamily5
DIS Veteran

Yet another great update!

I love love love the picture of you, Anna and Jacob by the Mickey sculpture in front of the Contemporary!

I have the same mug as Jacob! Blue all the way! We had the pink one too, but my dad broke it...

I think I might actually die if I could see the monorail while I was eating like that!

You're having fantastic luck! Room upgrade, then fastpasses?

Totally unrelated, but I believe we followed each other on Twitter! I'm @brenZ96!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2750029

2013 Disneyland Paris PTR:
Pixie Dust in Paris!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post47067772

2013 Disneyland Paris TR:
"She Ate Human!"
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3135334
Old 08-14-2012, 03:17 PM   #197
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

Great pictures of the CR! We only seem to go there for meals, so we're always rushing in and out. We'll have to take the time to stop and look around one of these days. (or we'll just have to stay there!)

I always get something boring like a chicken caesar on my first day. Maybe it's because there are so many great meals to come that I just revert to the usual?

Awesome FPs!!!! More pixie dust already! You haven't even left the resort!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-14-2012, 03:17 PM   #198
amandaw
DIS Veteran

So glad y'all were able to get some lunch! I'm already excited to hear about the cupcakes, though. The Strawberry Lemonade ones sounds delicious!!

And for the Disney angel! That is absolutely unreal that she had those kinds of FP's.....and that she had 7 of them!!!
Old 08-14-2012, 04:56 PM   #199
SoNotAPrincess
Disney Diva

I firmly believe that the monorail whizzing by actually enhances the taste of whatever one is eating. I can never get enough of the monorail!

I crop the heck out of anonymous strangers in my photos, too! I mean, seriously, can't they see that we're not just taking pictures, we're creating photographic ART?

Hooray for Fastpass Pixie Dust! Your day just keeps getting better!
Old 08-14-2012, 05:06 PM   #200
amazingact21
Upendi

Is it possible that I'm more in love with that view after seeing a few more additional pictures? I mean, you can literally see a log (there's not actually one in the photo, but still) coming out of Splash Mtn. That's amazing!

I feel like I'd like the touch screen order window, but only because I'm a visual learner to the extreme and blind without my glasses, so it's always a little stressful staning in line trying to read a board way up above me. Random, I know.

To sit and watch the monorail as you eat....that's awesome. Could you hear when the doors opened and closed? I'm trying to live vicariously through your report right now.

That's so great that you were able to get free fast passes! You sound like you're having the best arrival day ever.

Current Reports:Let's Watch the Hallucination Show on the Castle -A May '14 TR
Past Reports:December 2013 TR/December 2013 PTR/May 2012 TR/May 2012 PTR /May 2011 TR /December 2010 TR
Old 08-14-2012, 05:35 PM   #201
CandleontheWater
Forever in love with Hathaway Browne

Contempo cafe- great choice! I think we'll probably eat a few meals there on our trip, but I don't know how much eating is going to get done (especially by Everett!) with the distraction of the monorail going by!

Super awesome pixie dust on those ride return FPs! Could your afternoon get any better!
Old 08-14-2012, 05:53 PM   #202
mermaid764
DIS Veteran

Yay I was so excited to log on and see that there was a new update from you, and complete with a video much less

I love how excited Jacob is in the video...it really shows how much he was looking forward to this vacation.

Mmm disney salads are always so yummy, as are mickey rice crispies, although I'm super glad to hear that cupcakeS will be coming up in later updates because i'm heard the ones at the Contemporary are to die for!

Wow the world's most amazing room upgrade and then 7 fastpasses? I can already see why you titled your trip report what you did and it's only just begun.

I can't wait to hear more

And at this point I haven't actually decided if i'm going to do a TR or not because I know how time consuming they truly are, and I'm just scared that i'd end up being one of those people who never finishes hers, plus I don't think mine could ever live up to people's like yours who I seriously love reading..but hmmm I will have to think about it

Old 08-14-2012, 06:47 PM   #203
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Great update! OMG your monorail pictures are so amazing! I love the monorail so much, I cannot imagine staying at a resort where the monorail actually goes through it!!!

AHH the CR! I'm so obsessed with that resort right now! Just for fun, I checked how much it would be to stay there in November with Free Dining...not good...I mean, not even for a split stay! Oh well, someday!

I've never eaten at the Contempo Cafe, but I did drag Brandon there one one of our recent trips because I heard they had some amazing cupcakes there. Why I made him go there and didn't get a cupcake, I don't know, but I know I want to go back! Oh and I like the touch screens you order on...I'm so easily amused!

Wow, I cannot believe your first day was so full of pixie dust, all of those FP"s from a stranger! Amazing!!!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 08-14-2012, 07:00 PM   #204
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Haha I couldn't find the 5 legged goat either!! But that mural is really cool!

Your meal from Contempo Cafe sounds good!! Wawa has the touch screen ordering too, but I agree, anywhere at Disney ranks above that in awesomeness too!

How cool that that woman gave you guys those magic FP's!!!
Old 08-14-2012, 07:25 PM   #205
ShannonMarie
Mouseketeer

I told you my favorite thing about this TR is going to be reading about Jacob and its true! I love how he gets so excited about "little" things like his mug! Did you get the guest assistance pass for him/you guys?
Old 08-14-2012, 08:20 PM   #207
Wanna be Ariel
DIS Veteran

Loving it

Many Trips Before DS
Sept- Poly CL (DS 1st Trip & DH B-Day)
May- AK Jumbo/SSR (DS B-Day & 1st FG and SWW)
Nov/Dec-AOA,BLT,WL (DS 1st MVMCP)
Old 08-14-2012, 08:53 PM   #208
kansasdisneygal
Mouseketeer

First off, that video was precious! Loved Jacob's reaction. The view from that window was phenomenal!

Also, the food at the Contempo Cafe looks pretty good. Hopefully I'll get to try it in the near future

Yay for drink mugs! I can't wait to see where you were going after this and for dinner!!!! Also, now I REALLY want a mickey rice krispie. Like right now!!

Pretty sure ya'll have already had a Gallon of Pixie Dust with this room upgrade and now those FP!! Can't wait to see what else....
Old 08-14-2012, 08:57 PM   #209
MEK
DIS Veteran

Just read your last update and your view from BLT is fabulous. I had a similar view when I stayed there a few years ago. Loved it and never got tired of it.

I love the contempo cafe. The food is so yummy.

Cute pictures of the outside fun stuff.

Woo Hoo for FPs! That is totally awesome. Your trip is definitely off to a magical start!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 08-14-2012, 09:29 PM   #210
__disneygirl
well, all that's left now is the happy ending.

I envy that view so much! Wow, especially such a great view of Splash Mountain. You always see the castle and Space, but not so much Splash. And Crystal Palace too. SO AWESOME!!

You are NOT a loser. I was jumping out of my skin with excitement the first time I visited the Contemporary! It was actually kind of a let down for me before I got to the fourth floor, since the rest of it is so plain. Now that I'm older, I appreciate the simplicity though.

I may have to make a special trip over to the Contempo for a cupcake on my next trip. I've been hearing a LOT of good things about them!

Aww, I love that picture of Jacob, it captures his excitement perfectly! I love when people get excited about the little things in Disney, like the mugs, cause I do that too!

Um... oh my God. You were right about the gallon of pixie dust. That's amazing about the fastpasses! This trip sure got started off right. Wow!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: