Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-13-2012, 10:43 AM   #181
happy2012
♫ ♪There's a great big beautiful tomorrow Shinin' at the end of ev'ry day♫ ♪

Wow that is a fantastic upgrade!!! What a beautiful EVERYTHING!!!! You got it ALL girl!!!
Old 08-13-2012, 01:34 PM   #182
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by catchmeifyoucan View Post
Um, amazing! I can not believe you got upgraded to that amazing room! I imagine your family must have been quite worried that their daughter would not wake up from her Disney pixie dust-induced coma, and that she would miss the whole trip that was ahead of her! Can't wait to hear all about this trip! I loved your last TR, it was one of the first TRs that I read so it holds a special place in my heart
First of all, WELCOME! I'm so glad to have you along for the TR!!!

Secondly... I CAN'T BELIEVE IT EITHER! It is such a dream come true. HAHA you're probably right! Thankfully I woke up very quickly.

And lastly, AWWW! That just completely made my day. So sweet, thank you so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
I love that you are so appreciative of such a gift. Everyone can't have this room and this view, of course, and I am glad they gave it to someone who was truly grateful for it.

Now, hopefully it didn't spoil you for all the other 'common' rooms they will try to give you in the future.
Aww, thank you! I really am so thankful for it, it was perfect!

Hahaha, well to tell the truth, it did spoil me a little bit. However, I still adore the value resorts, and I'll always be happy to stay at them too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauren_elizabeth View Post
What an absolutely gorgeous room.... AND VIEW! That view is spectacular! They definitely hooked yall up and it seems like they did it for the perfect family!

I'm in love with those pictures above the beds. Those are way too cute and I want them for Mallory's room!

BLT just seems to be getting better and better!
I know! That view... oh my gosh. So so Heavenly! Thanks girl!! That's so sweet.

Aren't they so precious? I want them too! I basically want all of the artwork...

It really does!

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy2012 View Post
Wow that is a fantastic upgrade!!! What a beautiful EVERYTHING!!!! You got it ALL girl!!!
Isn't it?!?! I'm completely in love with it! Thanks, I really did!!!

-Marissa
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-13-2012, 07:49 PM   #183
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Video Part 1

Anyone want to watch a video?!

THAT'S RIGHT.

The time to watch my mediocre Disney videos is upon us once again!

I can feel your excitement.

Just a little FYI, because I think it's pretty interesting: The beginning of the video was our first time seeing the view outside the elevator, but before we went to our room for the first time... just listen to our conversation!

I think you can guess what was happening in the rest. I was literally out of breath because of how excited I was. AHHHH. Okay.

Sorry for the shakiness, my videography has not improved in the slightest! I wish I had walked through the whole villa with my camera!!! But like I said, my excitement was taking over all rational thoughts.

VIDEO: Arrival at Bay Lake Tower!

So... ENJOY!

Continued in Next Video Post

-Marissa

Last edited by marDgreen88; 08-21-2012 at 12:02 PM.
Old 08-13-2012, 07:54 PM   #184
MEK
DIS Veteran

Subbing a little late, but was just away last week so I missed the start.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 08-13-2012, 07:58 PM   #185
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Subbing a little late, but was just away last week so I missed the start.
Yay, welcome!! Glad you're here!

-Marissa
Old 08-13-2012, 09:03 PM   #186
GrimGrinningStitch
A Swinging Wake

Dani sent me over here, and I'm loving the TR so far! What an amazing room! It's awesome seeing some of the different DVC resorts, and I have to say, your pictures make Bay Lake Tower really tempting! Can't wait to see the rest of your TR!
Old 08-13-2012, 09:28 PM   #187
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Awww, love the excitement in the video! Especially your brother - he's so happy!
Old 08-13-2012, 09:57 PM   #188
catchmeifyoucan
Earning My Ears

Aww, Jacob is so excited in that video! I love it! Who wouldn't be with that view though? Can I just move there forever?
Old 08-14-2012, 06:35 AM   #190
lauren_elizabeth
Disney World Lover

Jacob is my favorite part of that whole video! His excitement is contagious. That is exactly what Disney World should bring out in EVERY SINGLE PERSON!

Old 08-14-2012, 06:59 AM   #191
weswife
DIS Veteran

The video is great!!!!! THANKS for sharing! It shows just how special the moment was! Jacob's reaction was priceless!!!!!! Beautiful view!!!

Old 08-14-2012, 11:53 AM   #192
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner

Well I guess it pays greatly to be behind on things once in a while! No cliffhangers and all AWESOME news all the time!

WOO HOOOOOOO! on the upgrade. What a an amazing room with the one view I'd kill for. Please tell me you took a million photos of and video'd Wishes form that spot!!!

How in the heck to do you go from there!?
Wake Up! SURPRISE, We're going to Disney World....TODAY Sept 2011 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post42811539
"Momma, I got to dance with Flynn Ryder!" Our January 2011 TR.http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post39775931
First Ever Trip to Disney World 1/23/2009 (POR) 6 days
Back to Disney World 1/21/2011 (POR) 10 days

Shhh! Suprise MNSSHP Trip 9/21/2011 (POP) 5 days
Surprise...AGAIN! 11/1/12 (AoA) 11 days
ME: Carey DH: John DD: Kadence (10) DD: Samantha (20)
Old 08-14-2012, 11:59 AM   #193
ZFamily5
DIS Veteran

A little late, as usual, but I'm here!

Wow!! What a great upgrade! Lucky duck! My sisters were reading with me and told me to tell you they're both very jealous!

Can't wait for more!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2750029

2013 Disneyland Paris PTR:
Pixie Dust in Paris!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post47067772

2013 Disneyland Paris TR:
"She Ate Human!"
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3135334
Old 08-14-2012, 01:53 PM   #194
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimGrinningStitch View Post
Dani sent me over here, and I'm loving the TR so far! What an amazing room! It's awesome seeing some of the different DVC resorts, and I have to say, your pictures make Bay Lake Tower really tempting! Can't wait to see the rest of your TR!
Hey Matt! I'm so happy you're here! Wow, recommended by Dani herself! I feel so special!

Let me tell you, Bay Lake Tower was unbelievable. It exceeded by expectations, and I won't lie, they were really high to begin with! I honestly think that yall would love it.

Thanks for joining in! I'm really glad you're enjoying!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
Awww, love the excitement in the video! Especially your brother - he's so happy!
Hahah, well I would have shared the part with my excitement too... but I didn't want to scare anyone with my high pitched squeals. But yes, Jacob was so excited!

Quote:
Originally Posted by catchmeifyoucan View Post
Aww, Jacob is so excited in that video! I love it! Who wouldn't be with that view though? Can I just move there forever?
But really- can we just move in? Tomorrow works for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danimaroo View Post
OMG, I love how excited Jacob got when he saw the castle!! I am so looking forward to lots of video posts!!
Yeah! There will be plenty of video coming up in the future!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauren_elizabeth View Post
Jacob is my favorite part of that whole video! His excitement is contagious. That is exactly what Disney World should bring out in EVERY SINGLE PERSON!
Hahah I agree! I probably cut out the part with my excitement... It just wasn't as cute as his. Haha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by weswife View Post
The video is great!!!!! THANKS for sharing! It shows just how special the moment was! Jacob's reaction was priceless!!!!!! Beautiful view!!!

You're very welcome! It really was such a special moment. I wish I had kept taping!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caretames1 View Post
Well I guess it pays greatly to be behind on things once in a while! No cliffhangers and all AWESOME news all the time!

WOO HOOOOOOO! on the upgrade. What a an amazing room with the one view I'd kill for. Please tell me you took a million photos of and video'd Wishes form that spot!!!

How in the heck to do you go from there!?
I guess it does!

RIGHT? Isn't it amazing? It was PRICELESS! Oh, I did!!! There will be footage of Wishes later on!

Hahah, I was wondering that myself!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZFamily5 View Post
A little late, as usual, but I'm here!

Wow!! What a great upgrade! Lucky duck! My sisters were reading with me and told me to tell you they're both very jealous!

Can't wait for more!
Hey girl, glad you're here!

I know!! Aww, maybe someday yall can stay there too!

More coming right away!

-Marissa
Old 08-14-2012, 02:09 PM   #195
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

The One Where We Explore the CONTEMPO-rary!

The One Where We Explore the CONTEMPO-rary!

July 29, 2012

After the shock wore off (okayÖ Iím not fooling anyone. The shock never wore off. It still hasnít. I STILL CANíT BELIEVE IT) we remembered how hungry we were!

I hadnít eaten all day to avoid getting sick on the plane, and the rest of the family hadnít eaten since at least 5AM. It was now after noon!

We couldnít go anywhere until we got our new KTTW cards though. (They took them so they could fix them to make sure we would actually be able to get into our room!) Luckily, we were all so excited about our glorious villa that we didnít mind waiting a few minutes.

I TOOK MORE VIEW PICTURES! (Trust me, these arenít the last of them, either!)

Two of my favorite things in that picture: Splash Mountain and Crystal Palace!

After about 15 minutes of staring out the window, we heard a knock on our door because the CM had come back with our KTTW cards. After making sure they all actually opened the door, we thanked him about a million times and set off to find some food!

We were still learning, so we went down to the first floor, exited out the main entrance, and walked down the sidewalk towards the Contemporary!

Goodbye for now, beautiful Bay Lake Tower!

LOOK. Double monorail sighting!!!

Thatís a sight I could never get sick of.

(Okay, I know that picture is awkward, but there were people just RIGHT UP THERE. I really didnít want them in the picture, so I cropped them the heck out.)

Before we went inside, we wanted to take advantage of THE photo op!

(Iíd like to tell you what my hands are doing in that picture, but Iím afraid I have no clue.)

The famous Sorcerer Mickey topiary!

Okay, NOW weíre going inside!

When you enter into the main lobby, you have to take the elevator or escalator up to the fourth floor. The fourth floor is where the action is at the Contemporary!

I was really excited to see all of this stuff in person! Iíd gone through there on the monorail before, but Iíd never actually set foot there!

We found the Contempo Cafť very easily, and immediately headed to the first available touch screen. For those of you who may not know this, at the Contempo you order your food from a touch screen computer! Itís really cool. If any of you have Sheetz in your area, and youíve ever ordered food from their touch screens, itís basically the exact same thing (except for the fact that the Contempo is at Disney so itís automatically more awesome).

They separate the food items by category: Hot sandwiches, cold sandwiches, salads, etc. I was basically the one doing all the Ďtouchingí and ordering for everyone, so I couldnít take pictures! I really had wanted to so I could show a little step by step process, but I never did. Ehh, oh well. At least my intentions were good. HAHA.

After you complete your order, a little Ďreceiptí is printed out of the machine, and then you go pick out your drinks and desserts. There are plenty of options for both! You can either get a fountain drink or choose from a bunch of bottled drinks. We all picked up bottled waters to use at the park, and picked up our mugs to fill them up to drink with our meals! It was a pretty genius idea, if I do say so myself. And by the way, I LOVE that they include the mugs with the meal plan now!

Just like there were a lot of drink options, there were also plenty of DESSERT options. They had a little soft serve ice cream station, an ice cream cart, and an entire CASE full of bakery items.

There were so many beautiful looking desserts. The most beautiful of all? CUPCAKES. They had Strawberry Lemonade, Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup, and Red Velvet... all things of beauty.

However, I didn't get any of those for my dessert. HAHAH... what a tease I am. (Never fear, though. There are cupcakes coming up later. Yes, that says cupcakeS... as in plural. HITCH UP YOUR WAGONS ITíS GONNA BE A BUMPY RIDE!!!!)

Side note: I really wish there was a smiley for this occasion.

Anyways.

After weíd all picked up our drinks, mugs, and desserts, we went to find a seat! There werenít any tables available, but we sat at a Ďcounter table.í I donít really know what itís called, but itís the kind where youíre all next to each other. Forgive me.

While we were waiting for our food, I decided it was picture time!

In in love with that mural! I think Mary Blair is amazingÖ AND we have the same birthday! Special.

At the time, I thought one of those could be the 5-legged goat. Try as I might, I could never spot it!!!

Jacob was excited about his Disney mug! (He talked about it for weeks. He had big plans to fill it up with Ďmix and a half,í which is half Coke, half root beer.)

Okay, I was excited about my mug too! ITíS PINK!

I really liked those windows, too. Basically I was in love with everything.

THE BEST PART WASÖ

OH, no big deal or anything!!!! I mean, just picture it: youíre sitting there eating (or waiting to eat) and you have a perfect view of the monorail. For a person like me, who thinks monorails are the best form of transportation in the world, this was very ideal.)

It took a while for our food to come out, but I think I was too distracted by the monorail to really notice. Eventually it did come out though!

I got a Chicken Caesar Salad. (Listen, I know itís lame. We had a dinner ADR at 5, though, and I didnít want to be stuffed!)

Believe me, it wasnít as small as it looked! I could barely make a dent in that thing. It was good, but I would have preferred actual croutons instead of the crushed up ones. It was just a little bit much! The chicken was great though, and the lettuce was crisp and fresh, which is basically all Iím looking for in lettuce.

Jacob got a cheeseburger and fries, which he loved and devoured:

My mom and dad both got the Multigrain Turkey Sandwich with fries, which they both really enjoyed as well.

And by the way, they thought it was really weird that I wanted to take pictures of THEIR food, so I had to sneak attack it. I was not always successful. If you look really closely in the background of that picture, you can see Annaís food too. She got the Chicken Artichoke Flatbread, which she surprisingly loved.

For dessert, Anna had a chocolate chip cookie (really good), and my dad had a chocolate croissant (not enough chocolate).

Jacob got a Mickey Ice Cream Sandwich:

He LOVED this!

My mom and I both got Mickey Rice Crispies!

YUM. I love those things! They are just Disney Magic on sticks.

Overall, we had a very successful first meal!

My dad decided to run our mugs back to the room while Jacob was finishing up his ice cream sandwich, and I decided to gawk at the monorail some more.

I really loved the chair backs at the ContempoÖ itís MICKEY MOUSE (complete with the feet of a few strangers)!

While we were waiting for my dad, this woman appeared, as if from nowhere. She told us that she was leaving, and wondered if we had any use for THESE:

They were good for ANY attraction at the Magic Kingdom until the 31st! Why, THANK YOU KIND STRANGER! We definitely DID have use for them. The best part was that there were SEVEN of them. Really? More pixie dust? At that point, I thought my head would explode from all of the awesome that was happening that day. Seriously? Could it get more perfect?

We thanked that woman a million times! She could have picked any of the families that were eating, but she picked us! The funny thing was, she literally appeared out of nowhere. Who was she? An angel, perhaps? Yeah, thatís what weíre going with!

When my dad came back, we decided it was time for the real fun to begin!!!

Continued in Next Update

-Marissa

Last edited by marDgreen88; 10-04-2012 at 07:15 AM.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: