Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-11-2012, 01:16 PM   #136
danimaroo
DIS Veteran

Okay, you're KILLIN' me Smalls! These cliffhangers! AHHHH. I am so excited to see your room. I mean, I already knew about it, but photos, I'm excited to see!!

I actually really like the look of BLT from your photos! I'm very much looking forward to seeing how everything is staying there/staying on the monorail loop.

Um also, the fact you guys got an EXTRA ROOM is unreal! That like, never happens for DVC members, and I mean, I know you guys were paying for a DVC room, but still. That is seriously awesome. This is going to be one special trip!
Old 08-11-2012, 04:14 PM   #137
mermaid764
DIS Veteran

Upgraded to what i'm guessing is a two bedroom and possibly an MK view...lol i'm so excited for u guys and what an awesome way to start off your vacation!

BLT is beautiful....i'm so excited for you that you got to stay there....the pool area looks beautiful and hopefully you guys had a chance to check it out!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-11-2012, 05:01 PM   #138
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by danimaroo View Post
Okay, you're KILLIN' me Smalls! These cliffhangers! AHHHH. I am so excited to see your room. I mean, I already knew about it, but photos, I'm excited to see!!

I actually really like the look of BLT from your photos! I'm very much looking forward to seeing how everything is staying there/staying on the monorail loop.

Um also, the fact you guys got an EXTRA ROOM is unreal! That like, never happens for DVC members, and I mean, I know you guys were paying for a DVC room, but still. That is seriously awesome. This is going to be one special trip!
Hahaha... be killed no longer!

I am not surprised by this at all. I feel like your opinion might be changing shortly...

IT WAS. SO UNREAL. I still can't believe it. HOORAY!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mermaid764 View Post
Upgraded to what i'm guessing is a two bedroom and possibly an MK view...lol i'm so excited for u guys and what an awesome way to start off your vacation!

BLT is beautiful....i'm so excited for you that you got to stay there....the pool area looks beautiful and hopefully you guys had a chance to check it out!
Hahah um... you will find out in about five minutes!!!

Thank you so much! That's really sweet. And yes, we definitely did!

PS. OMG. I just noticed your ticker... SEVENTEEN NIGHTS? OMG! Do tell!

Completed Trip Reports:
December 2011 * July/August 2012 * May/June 2013
Old 08-11-2012, 05:02 PM   #139
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

The One With the BEST. VILLA. EVER!!!! Part 1!

The One With the BEST. VILLA. EVER!!!!
Part 1!

July 29, 2012

I didn’t think I was hearing what my dad was saying correctly. I mean, there’s no way we got THAT MUCH of an upgrade, right?

…Right?

Wrong.

We totally DID get that big of an upgrade.

I was absolutely FLOORED.

I was in total and complete shock.

I literally could not comprehend what was happening.

We booked a 1-bedroom villa. We booked a room with a lake view.

That isn’t what we ended up with.

NOT EVEN CLOSE.

We got a TWO bedroom villa!!! TWO. And the view? We’ll talk about the view later.

When we decided to stay at Bay Lake Tower, we thought that a 1-bedroom would be just fine. The 2-bedroom villas were too far out of our price range. We had to save for a long time to even afford the 1-bedroom! We knew that Anna and I would have to share the couch bed, and that Jacob would have to sleep on the chair bed. We were totally and completely okay with that.

I would have been happy in any room, on any floor, with any view in that resort. I was grateful to be able to stay there no matter what, and since we weren’t able to book a MK view room in the first place, I would have been very happy with a view of the lake, or the pool… heck, I would have been happy with a view of the sidewalk. I wouldn’t have cared!

But THIS room… with THIS view…

THIS WAS HEAVEN ON EARTH!!!

Never in my wildest dreams did I ever think that anything like this would happen to ME.

So you can basically imagine my reaction to this news, right?

I ran around that villa like a chicken with its head cut off, checking out every little nook and cranny. I literally think I started to hyperventilate, and at one point I actually had to shut myself in (one of) the (three) bathroom(s) so I could shed some happy tears.

After about 300,000 “OH MY GOOOOOOSH”es…

57,400 “ARE YOU SERIOUS”es…

8,258 “WHAAAAT”s…

and 914 “I CAN’T BELIEVE THIS”es...

…it all started to sink in. This was our room. THIS. THIS?!?!?! YES. THIS.

I’m guessing you want to know what it looked like?

**CONSIDER THIS YOUR WARNING: As I’m sure you understand by now, I was SO SO SO SO SO SO excited about this room. SO SO SO SO SO SO excited, that my DIS brain was not working properly, and I did not immediately take pictures of everything. So… the pictures you’re about to see range from okay to terrible, and were all taken at random times throughout the week. Some of them I took from the camcorder when my regular camera was charging, and a lot of them have our stuff in them. I am terribly sorry about this… but I hope that you can look past the stuff (and the quality of some of them) and that you’ll still be able to get a good idea of how amazing this villa was.

I now present Bay Lake Tower, room 8112!

When you first walk in, you are presented with this lovely sketch of the main mouse.

Here it is up close:

Going to the left... the first thing you come upon is a door. You open it, and BAM! A washer and dryer, right there for your convenience. (We personally thought that was a nice touch. We didn't have to pack as much underwear. TMI?)

If you walk past the laundry machines, you come upon another door, which is a closet! Incase you needed a high chair, some hangers, or a vacuum cleaner... there you go.

There is one more door on the left side of the villa...

It leads to the second bedroom! The first thing you come upon when you walk in is the bathroom. You walk in (it's open, there isn't a door) and come upon the sink, or the vanity, whatever you want to call it!

To the left, separated by a sliding door...

...is the toilet and shower! That's also where you can find most of the towels and washcloths.

This is an odd picture, but it's the shower curtain. I'm not sure what my point was in taking it, but... here it is anyway!

This is the inside of the shower. Again, a really odd picture! At this point, I was using my video camera to take pictures while my regular camera was charging (both batteries had died)! Why I didn't think to use someone else's camera, I have no idea! Hahah. Anyways, I really liked the tiles. I thought they were pretty. AND. This shower head was literally the best one I've ever used. It had WONDERFUL pressure. I was so amazed.

So let's go back out of the bathroom, into the bedroom! The first thing you see as you come out of the bathroom is the TV and drawers. (There was also a closet in both of the bedrooms.)

Beyond that, there is a table and chairs.

Our lovely curtains! When you open the curtains, you come upon one of the two balconies! (We'll get to that later, though!!!)

And of course, the entire room!

I positively LOVED this room. It was absolutely perfect!

The artwork above the beds:

Both of the beds are QUEEN. I slept in the one under the Minnie picture. Hehe. And those beds? I’m not exaggerating at all when I say that I have never slept in a more comfortable bed. I was amazed… it was a beautiful thing.

The bed spreads had this awesome pattern on them! (I apologize, the coloring here is way off. Oof.)

Let's tour the rest of the place, shall we?! When you leave the second bedroom, you're back in the main entrance/hallway. Straight ahead is the hall bathroom!

It's a smaller bathroom than the others, but it had a sink, toilet, and shower, so you hear no complaints from us! It opened with a sliding door.

When you leave the hall bathroom, you come upon the living room. We're not gonna go in there quite yet, though. Let's go to the master bedroom!

The first thing you come upon in the master is the bathroom! It's right beyond the door.

Straight ahead, you see the sink area.

Next to the sink on the right is a sliding door.

Continued in Next Update

Completed Trip Reports:

Last edited by marDgreen88; 08-11-2012 at 05:09 PM.
Old 08-11-2012, 05:03 PM   #140
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

The One With the BEST. VILLA. EVER!!!! Part 2!

Part 2!

July 29, 2012

Beyond that sliding door is the toilet and shower!

There is also some beautiful artwork in there!

So the toilet and shower are to the right of the sink... so what's to the left?

THIS.

You're probably wondering what that is...

I'll tell you.

It's a sliding door that opens to the bedroom... FROM A WHIRLPOOL TUB! So yes, the master has a shower AND a tub. AMAZING.

Here it is from the other side:

And here is the bedroom itself! In this picture you can partially see the TV and dresser with drawers, and the bed! (And the balcony, of course... but we're still saving that for later!)

The KING bed:

I really liked the bed spread on this bed too!

My favorite part about the king bed was the headboard and artwork above it! I call it the piano bed. Isn't it awesome?!?!

And here is a side table next to the bed.

That's about it for the master! Let's go into the living room! When you walk out of the master, directly to your right is the living room, starting with this:

Yes. That is a BOOTH. I loved eating breakfast there! It was so comfortable!

(Look closely at the artwork... it's SPACE MOUNTAIN!)

I thought that was a really cool looking table!

The TV and drawers are next to the booth.

Here is a shot of the (messy) living room. Clearly, Jacob made himself at home. We all felt very comfortable and very at home!

In that picture you can see the window (…duh), the TV, and a couple of chairs. That chair on the right could actually be made into a bed! The chair on the left was a regular chair, just made for sitting. Hahah.

The chair (bed) and the lamp up close, complete with a view of part of Jacob:

Here is the other chair and the ottoman:

Here is the couch, that could also be turned into a bed! (That's where Jacob slept and he said he was really comfortable. Basically everything in the entire villa was extremely comfortable!)

This is the artwork above the couch. I WANT THAT. I really, really want it. Can you tell what it is? It’s the Contemporary, Bay Lake Tower, AND the monorail track!

Lamp table next to the couch:

From the couch, you could see a door. The door actually led to the balcony off of the master bedroom! (So you could walk out from the living room, and walk back in through the master bedroom! So much coolness.)

Here's another angle:

Continued in Next Update

Completed Trip Reports:

Last edited by marDgreen88; 08-11-2012 at 05:09 PM.
Old 08-11-2012, 05:04 PM   #141
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

The One With the BEST. VILLA. EVER!!!! Part 3!

Part 3!

July 29, 2012

Here is the other angle of the living room that looks into the kitchen!

The island:

The refrigerator, sink, and recycling (green) and garbage (black) cans!

There was also a dishwasher, oven, and tons of cabinet space. (By the way, the cabinets and drawers came fully stocked! So if you are ever visiting and not on the meal plan, all you have to do is buy some food and you can have yourself a feast!)

Did you notice the little skinny looking cabinet to the right? It slides open to look like this:

Awesome. We kept our poptarts there, haha.

So, that's about it! We were so pleased with this villa. Everything was really wonderful, honestly. The entire thing was incredibly spacious, and as a whole, it was perfect!

Not to mention the view!!!

Oh… you wanted to see the view?

Well, here it is.

(pause for dramatic effect)

We'll start with the view from the master balcony. (Oh, and by the way, here is what both of the balconies looked like. The chairs were quite comfortable!)

Looking straight ahead/to the left at the lovely Bay Lake:

Looking down at the tennis courts:

And to the right...

Here is the view from the living room window:

And last but not least, the views from the second bedroom's balcony... AKA, my room:

ARE. YOU. KIDDING ME?!?!?!?!?!?!

MY FAVORITE PARK. MY FAVORITE RIDE (Splash Mountain). ALL WITHIN SIGHT FROM MY ROOM?!?!?!?!

Yeah… no joking here. That was real life.

After I saw that view, this is probably what happened. You see, I can’t remember due to fainting. My guess is that I screamed, jumped up and down, sang the Hallalujah chorus, plopped myself down on the ground, and glued my eyes to the sight.

I am basically the Magic Kingdom’s stalker.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Okay… how do I sum up my feelings on this room?

We still don’t know how we got so lucky to receive such an incredible gift from Disney. We don’t know why they picked us. We’ll probably never know.

All we know is that we will be forever grateful to the wonderful cast members at Bay Lake Tower for giving us such an amazing room with such an incredible view.

It’s the best gift I’ve ever received and I couldn’t have asked for anything more!

Continued in Next Update

Completed Trip Reports:

Last edited by marDgreen88; 08-14-2012 at 02:12 PM.
Old 08-11-2012, 05:33 PM   #142
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

I saw your tweets about the upgrade (I feel like such a stalker, but I guess that's why they call it "following" on there, LOL). So awesome. Dang, how does everyone on the DIS manage to get upgrades?! I am beyond jealous but I can imagine you were quite excited. The villa looks great-on our last whole family trip we got a 2-BR at SSR and we loved it.

They should totally sell the artwork from the rooms. The character paintings above the bed are adorable. And the Space Mountain ones are cool too!

OK, BLT better be available for me next spring break...
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIP: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307

Last edited by wdwgirl03; 08-11-2012 at 05:38 PM.
Old 08-11-2012, 05:41 PM   #143
mermaid764
DIS Veteran

Seriously that has to be the most gorgeous room on all of WDW property, what an amazing gift you guys received, and i'm so happy it happened to someone like you who totally deserved it

I love how the villa's at BLT look like a really upscale condo you'd find in a big city, yet still have all the special disney touches like the bed spread and artwork...your room is amazing!

The view...oh my goodness!! I seriously hope you took lots of nightime pics from the balcony to share with us as well cause that view is amazing...and must literally be the best view on disney property.

Lol and since you asked, i'm more than willing to share a few details about my trip haha lol i'm so excited it doesn't take much asking to get me to share. We usually book a 10 day or so vacation when we go using the free dining promotion and staying at pop but this year some extra vacation time was available from our workplaces so we decided to go for 14 nights with free dining at pop but then I happened to see a picture of the new royal guest rooms at port orleans and fell completely in love with them and luckily there was an elgibile discount on those rooms for the time period we were going, cause I don't think we would have been able to afford to add it on otherwise. And since I just graduated from university in June and found out the day of that I was graduating with distinction, my boyfriend told me to go ahead and add the extra three nights as a way to celebrate that and yah so all together we will be at WDW for 17 nights with the dining plan for 14 nights of that....sorry to ramble on and on i'm just so excited that's it's coming up so fast.

Can't wait to hear more of your TR and I'm loving that I was able to join in on this one right from the start

Old 08-11-2012, 06:05 PM   #144
SoNotAPrincess
Disney Diva

OK, so after I read your post, I used Google to find out what unit of measure is bigger than a gallon because you, my friend, were bathed in HOGSHEADS (a hogshead is 63 gallons) of pixie dust!!!!!! Your Disney home is amazing, magical, and supercalifragilisticexpialidocious! I love it when wonderful things happen to wonderful people!!!

With this as the beginning, I can't wait to hear about the rest of the trip!
Old 08-11-2012, 06:13 PM   #145
StitchsGurl
Former WDW Cast Member

I've been a long time lurker of your other TR (fantastic job, btw~) and now I'm going to post here!

I am loving the suspense you've put in the last couple of chapters, and I am SO happy you got such a fabulous upgrade! I, too, have been in your shoes, and my goodness doesn't it make your trip all the more magical? I remember staying at the Poly, and we were booked for just a basic room, and then we got upgraded. BUT, I didn't see it until I got there after work, and my family didn't tell me, as they wanted me to be surprised. The look on my face after seeing the castle outside the window was astounding. (Mind you, it's obvioulsy much further than BLT, but we could still see the fireworks!)

I'm really loving the TR so far; I can't wait to see what else will happen~

Old 08-11-2012, 06:23 PM   #146
Self_resqing_princz
Mouseketeer

That is a VERY magical surprise!
Disney must LOVE your family! That's just awesome! The pictures are great... I wish I could be there too!
And that view! Oh My Gosh That View! I would have died and gone to heaven had that been me! I think that's the best view of any room in ANY resort!
Kinda sounds like that that GALLON of pixie dust was used up on just the room though, huh???
Can't wait to read more!

2007/2010 WL
2013- split stay POR(RS) & WL

Current PTR/TR September 2013: Doing Disney by the book... or rather- list. Marking off our Disney Bucket Lists!
[URL="http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3151964"]Moose & Goose do Disney -or- The 5th anniversary is the Disney Trip anniversary

http://distickers.com/ticker/tickers/jxorsv1jabd4oqto.png
Old 08-11-2012, 06:32 PM   #147
PanIsMine
Mouseketeer

Oh my goodness! What an amazing upgrade! That view is to die for! Definitely, not the kind of 'to die for' that Scar told Simba about. HAHA!
I would be freaking out, too. That is definitely something to freak out over!!

"You Guys Are Looking At Me Like I'm Your Executioner!" An Aug '12 TR!
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2973705

Old 08-11-2012, 07:40 PM   #148
teedee
DIS Veteran

Another great update! I can't wait for the next one!. Bay Lake looks like somewhere I'd love to stay, I'm just not sure my grand son, who's 5, would like it. So far he's stayed at All Stars, Pop and French Quarter. Pop is his fav he didn't care for French Quarter very much, which surprised me a bit. He's more into the gigantic Disney theming at the values.

Terri
Old 08-11-2012, 07:52 PM   #149
danimaroo
DIS Veteran

This upgrade is BEYOND out of control AMAZING! OMG. I mean, like I said, it's not normal to get upgraded to having an entire extra bedroom for a villa... and on top of that.. YOUR VIEW! This is even BETTER than I thought when you mentioned it on twitter! HOLY. CRAP. That is unreal. Ummmm my opinion has changed just a tidbit now of BLT, ESPECIALLY WITH THAT VIEW!!

Ohhh my goodness, this trip is going to be the best. I mean, with that view, you really cannot go wrong. That is probably by far and away the best upgrade I have EVER heard of on the DIS!!
Old 08-11-2012, 09:14 PM   #150
DianeW
Worshipping at the shrine of the corporate Mouse

Location: Too far from Disney...in the beautiful Rocky mountains

What a FUN trip report!! I hope I'm not too late to join in. I love hearing pixie dust stories and yours is FABULOUS!! Can't wait to hear more about your wonderful WDW stay!!

Diane

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: