Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-11-2013, 03:24 PM   #1
Sheila E.
Mouseketeer

my mini trip report

Just wanted to thank those people who gave good reviews on the restaurant Sanaa at Kidani Village, because of your recommendations I made reservations for lunch one day and it was awesome, great food, good service beautiful atmosphere and awesome animal viewing at our table right by the windows. This trip we just did 2 days of theme parks and one day off in between. We stayed on site, this was our first time at both Pop Century and Art of Animation. we enjoyed our limited time at both and hopefully will go back to both in the future. It was just my husband and I so we stayed in a Little Mermaid room at Art of Animation, if you are a kid at heart and enjoy all the larger than life icons then Art of Animation is for you, it is just beautiful. We spent one day at the Universal parks and then on our off day we rode the monorail and got off and checked out Polynesian resort, the Grand Floridian and the Contemporary, we had breakfast at Capt Hooks at Polyesian resort and played some games in their arcade and checked out all the gift shops at the monorail resorts, this day we also did the lunch at Sanna and looked around Animal Kingdom Lodge, a simply breath taking resort and looked around a bit at Kidani Village also very beautiful, that evening we went to downtown Disney did some shopping and ate at T- Rex, their nachos were very good. The third day we visited the Magic Kingdom. fantasy land is very nice, I especially enjoyed the little mermaid ride and having lunch at Be Our Guest, the food was very good and it was not overly crowded, we sat in the room with the big music box with Belle and the Beast. We saw wishes which is one of my favorite fireworks shows, and for the first time we saw the show right before which was totally awesome, I forget what it is called but we were really blown away. I tried a citrus swirl and enjoyed that too it was a nice cool treat, would have tried the dole whips but am not a fan of pineapple. Before we went read about a big fly problem or somesort of bug problem, thank goodness we didn't encounter any of that when we went, we were there May 20 thru 24. I have learned so much on these forums thanks to every one for their input. We were only caught in one down pour the day at universal but we had our ponchos and we headed back to the hotel anyway for our mid day break and then it was all over by the time we headed back in the evening so it worked out fine. Love the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, tried the frozen butter beer and enjoyed it, loved the forbidden journey ride, used our express pass for the first ride then walked on using the single rider line the second time.
Old 06-11-2013, 03:28 PM   #2
happybelle
DIS Veteran

Love your name (great drummer ) and your mini TR is great! I hope you post pics of your time at Beauty and the Beast.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: