Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-14-2012, 07:37 PM   #16
fairyprincess88
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by elovell View Post
Just out of curiosity since the "chosen" wands are more expensive, are they any different than the ones in the shop?
The wand that "chooses" you is not more expensive than the other birthday wands sold in the Owl Post. I was selected for a wand to choose me and I paid the same for that as I did for other wands I purchased off the shelf.

And OP, yes adults get chosen. I was and that was with children in the room.
fairyprincess88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 04:05 PM   #17
Kristine316
Mouseketeer

My son just got chosen for this and he is 18. We were there Tuesday and there were kids in the room but, he chose my son who was standing in the back corner. I felt sort of bad for the kids who didn't get picked. I never imagined they would choose an adult over a little kid. However, the man who was standing by the front door letting the groups in the room told us all that it could be anyone of any age from children to grandparents... I just didn't necessarily believe him.. lol

My son was pretty thrilled about being chosen and we did end up purchasing the wand for him. Even at 18 he said it made him feel like a kid again and he grew up with Harry Potter.
Kristine316 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-27-2012, 11:55 PM   #18
chrystined
Earning My Ears

Someone mentioned aaa. Is there a discount when you show your card? Or is aaa referring to some kind of universal item? Lol
chrystined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 08:24 AM   #19
SnapesGirl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrystined View Post
Someone mentioned aaa. Is there a discount when you show your card? Or is aaa referring to some kind of universal item? Lol
I was able to use my CAA card in every store at the Wizarding World, so yes, you can get a discount on the want by showing your AAA card.

On another note, we did the Ollivander show and a kid got chosen. I figured I wouldn't get chosen as a 27 year old, but it was still nice. The next day we went into the shop (Owl Post) in the back to buy a wand. The show must have just finished because Ollivander was there and actually helped me pick out a wand. He did the

May 2015 - Art of Animation; May 2014 - Art of Animation (TRIP REPORT) ; April 2012 - Offsite; September 2011 - Offsite; April 2011 - Offsite; May 2001 - Offsite; September 1999 - Fort Wilderness Cabin

SnapesGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 06:36 PM   #20
dvcterry
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by elovell View Post
Just out of curiosity since the "chosen" wands are more expensive, are they any different than the ones in the shop?
the wand chose our son, we did buy it for him & used our annual pass discount.

it is a bit different, heavier. the other wands we have are about 13 inches and this one is about 16 inches. it is like a hybrid of two other wands & told it made of oak.

The chosen wand is on the left here:

Here is the Snake/skull design:

And the body of the wand:
Old 10-07-2012, 08:04 PM   #21
Dax
Kind hearted lady who started the DIS Support Group!
Loved by Pugs
Jadzia or Ezri?

Yes, adults do get chosen....I finally got to see this show on Friday night for the first time. DH and I had gone to Margarittaville for my 35th birthday dinner before hand, and I was walking off the food, and my drink! I was tipsy thanks to my booze in a blender! There was no line, so we were #3 and #4 in the room. I was standing RIGHT in front of the stairs, with a big doofy grin I imagine due to the drink! He walked down the stairs, looked RIGHT AT ME and asked if I was there for my wand. I said YES a little loudly but was excited. Some young girls next to me gushed on how super lucky I was. When he asked me my birthday, I had told him. He did not notice it was the day before, but the shopkeeper helper did and wished me Happy Birthday.

I bought my wand....Reed, made of dragon heart string core! It was 34.95, with the the discount AP spell applied, cost me $30. I love it!
Dax is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: