Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Planning Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-06-2012, 02:51 PM   #31
cherjp
I am a disney nutter! Every time I reply I kill the thread..... stone dead!!

you might want to check out if the day you are doing seaworld is firstly a saturday and if it is, check the seaworld halloween party days, as we made this mistake the last time we went and it was heaving beyond belief. absolutely gobsmacked with that, as its always nice and quiet when we have been in oct before. When we went in 2010 it was the first halloween party of their season, think also the new ride had opened that year too. might not matter to you tho.
Old 08-06-2012, 03:50 PM   #32
kittykitty87
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherjp
you might want to check out if the day you are doing seaworld is firstly a saturday and if it is, check the seaworld halloween party days, as we made this mistake the last time we went and it was heaving beyond belief. absolutely gobsmacked with that, as its always nice and quiet when we have been in oct before. When we went in 2010 it was the first halloween party of their season, think also the new ride had opened that year too. might not matter to you tho.
I think it's a Sunday
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-05-2012, 07:27 AM   #33
kittykitty87
DIS Veteran

Due to my trip being this month () I am shamelessly bumping this as I want people to look at it as I am wanting to make these plans final.

I know some people dont go by plans but all I am planning is what park, we can go with the flow when we get to the park in the morning.
Old 09-05-2012, 07:50 AM   #34
higgy66
I have to force myself to go on Splash Mountain so the kids won't end up like me - a baby!

Looks a good plan - the only thing I would consider is that you may not need a full relaxing day

We have 2 young girls and we often left the parks around 2pm and spent the afternoon by the pool before heading out for our evening meal and somtimes a visit to a park for parades/fireworks etc. This really charged their batteries!

Last year we spent our last full day by the hotel pool chilling before heading out for our last meal - the girls loved the Disney activities/games and we came home so relaxed people couldn't believe we'd been to Florida! Were definitely planning the same this year
Old 09-05-2012, 08:08 AM   #35
kittykitty87
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by higgy66 View Post
Looks a good plan - the only thing I would consider is that you may not need a full relaxing day

We have 2 young girls and we often left the parks around 2pm and spent the afternoon by the pool before heading out for our evening meal and somtimes a visit to a park for parades/fireworks etc. This really charged their batteries!

Last year we spent our last full day by the hotel pool chilling before heading out for our last meal - the girls loved the Disney activities/games and we came home so relaxed people couldn't believe we'd been to Florida! Were definitely planning the same this year
When I went in 2000 with my parents, we spent a few full days off and I do think it helped recharge however, I do like the sound of leaving through the day and maybe going back later. I am assuming we wouldnt have to pay for parking twice if it was the same park we went back to in the evening...?
Old 09-05-2012, 08:21 AM   #36
thestevied
DIS Veteran

I agree with higgy about maybe not needing full days rest. If you play things by ear a bit you may find you only need half days in parks and you can relax for a few hours in the afternoons by the pool or napping in your room. We tend to get to all parks early and often we're done by lunchtime. We'll go back to our hotel for a bit and either hit a new park in the afternoon/evening or head somewhere for fireworks or dinner.

And no shame in bumping!
1st trip - July 1989 WDW, 2nd trip - Aug1993 WDW, 3rd trip - July 1997 Tokyo Disneyland, 4th trip - June 1999 WDW, 5th trip - Sept 2002 WDW, 6th trip - Sept 2003 WDW, 7th trip - Feb 2004 Euro Disney, 8th trip - Jan 2005 WDW, 9th trip - June 2005 WDW, 10th trip - Sept 2006 WDW, 11th trip - Sept 2007 WDW, 12th trip - Oct 2008 Disneyland, 13th trip - Sept 2009 WDW, 14th trip - Sept 2010 WDW AKL, 15th trip September 2011 - Dolphin resort, 16th trip - September 2013, Yacht Club, 17th trip - September 2014, Dolphin Resort

thestevied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 08:36 AM   #37
kittykitty87
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thestevied View Post
I agree with higgy about maybe not needing full days rest. If you play things by ear a bit you may find you only need half days in parks and you can relax for a few hours in the afternoons by the pool or napping in your room. We tend to get to all parks early and often we're done by lunchtime. We'll go back to our hotel for a bit and either hit a new park in the afternoon/evening or head somewhere for fireworks or dinner.

And no shame in bumping!
Cool! Maybe me and DBF should have a look at doing this then...

As this is only my 2nd visit and DBF first visit, I was kind of just thinking I have to do 1 park in 1 day and not leave and come back to it later or go somewhere else. We have unlimited 14 day park passes and I have been told before this allows us to park hop. This may be a good way to holiday then
Old 09-05-2012, 08:40 AM   #38
thestevied
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittykitty87

Cool! Maybe me and DBF should have a look at doing this then...

As this is only my 2nd visit and DBF first visit, I was kind of just thinking I have to do 1 park in 1 day and not leave and come back to it later or go somewhere else. We have unlimited 14 day park passes and I have been told before this allows us to park hop. This may be a good way to holiday then
Park hopping is a great way to get around. I also find that by leaving a park around lunchtime and going back to your room for a nap, shower, drink, etc, you feel much better and fresher so you're more likely to want to go out for the afternoon. As an example, we often do MK in the morning, then have a break, and go to epcot for the evening feeling fresh and happy to explore for a bit and stay late to watch the fireworks. It just works well for us, but everyone may be different!
1st trip - July 1989 WDW, 2nd trip - Aug1993 WDW, 3rd trip - July 1997 Tokyo Disneyland, 4th trip - June 1999 WDW, 5th trip - Sept 2002 WDW, 6th trip - Sept 2003 WDW, 7th trip - Feb 2004 Euro Disney, 8th trip - Jan 2005 WDW, 9th trip - June 2005 WDW, 10th trip - Sept 2006 WDW, 11th trip - Sept 2007 WDW, 12th trip - Oct 2008 Disneyland, 13th trip - Sept 2009 WDW, 14th trip - Sept 2010 WDW AKL, 15th trip September 2011 - Dolphin resort, 16th trip - September 2013, Yacht Club, 17th trip - September 2014, Dolphin Resort

thestevied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 08:45 AM   #39
marcgiu
Marcgiu

Quote:
Originally Posted by thestevied View Post
Park hopping is a great way to get around. I also find that by leaving a park around lunchtime and going back to your room for a nap, shower, drink, etc, you feel much better and fresher so you're more likely to want to go out for the afternoon. As an example, we often do MK in the morning, then have a break, and go to epcot for the evening feeling fresh and happy to explore for a bit and stay late to watch the fireworks. It just works well for us, but everyone may be different!
Thats exactly what we do - always nice to have a swim or a nap and then stay up late and enjoy the nigh round the parks.
marcgiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 09:21 AM   #40
kittykitty87
DIS Veteran

It does sound like a nice way to spend the days. Would probably stop me getting grumpy in the heat too so that would be a bonus
Old 09-05-2012, 10:19 AM   #41
Wills Mom
DIS Veteran

I love the fact you've included rest/lazy days. I find that when I make plans I need to do this for a few reasons. Firstly so that no one gets annoyed by the constant go go go that is part of a WDW holiday (well for me it is lol!) Secondly I find that if I have made plans to visit MK on a Monday when the crowds were due to be low according to Touring Plans or easywdw and then in actuality the park was busy well then we'll just do a half day and come back on another evening, usually on a rest day. Having rest days built in, for me, makes my plans a lot easier to tweak. Just be flexible and don't worry that you've "missed" things - trust me, once you go back as an adult you'll be back again! Our first trip was supposed to be a "once in a lifetime trip" :rotfl2 And here we are 6 years later having been back every year except this year! Just can't get enough!

Wills First Adventure TR May 2013

Wills Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 04:01 AM   #42
kittykitty87
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wills Mom View Post
I love the fact you've included rest/lazy days. I find that when I make plans I need to do this for a few reasons. Firstly so that no one gets annoyed by the constant go go go that is part of a WDW holiday (well for me it is lol!) Secondly I find that if I have made plans to visit MK on a Monday when the crowds were due to be low according to Touring Plans or easywdw and then in actuality the park was busy well then we'll just do a half day and come back on another evening, usually on a rest day. Having rest days built in, for me, makes my plans a lot easier to tweak. Just be flexible and don't worry that you've "missed" things - trust me, once you go back as an adult you'll be back again! Our first trip was supposed to be a "once in a lifetime trip" :rotfl2 And here we are 6 years later having been back every year except this year! Just can't get enough!

I just think planning a day off will be nice as we can go and do other things (basically I can drag my DBF around shopping...) and like you said, if we decided not to go to a certain park on one day, we could always swap the day off around

I REALLY hope DBF and I get to go back in a few years
Old 09-06-2012, 08:31 AM   #43
T1gger
Tigger Girl

Your Seaworld day IS one of the Halloween party days (we are going that day ) but it is also a holiday weekend (Colombus Day??) so anywhere could be busy that day! We are planning a morning/early afternoon at SW earlier in the week to do as much as possible then go back in the afternoon/evening of the 6th so the kids can enjoy the Halloween things and we can catch anything we missed

Have a great time and just let yourselves be flexible once you get there - you might find you want more time in one park and less in another - I took a list of the recommended parks on what days with me so we could make changes if we wanted to but still use the info to make the best use of our time.

Dec 85 Off-site
Apr 10 Off-site
Oct 12 CSR
Oct 14 OKW

Last edited by T1gger; 09-06-2012 at 08:31 AM. Reason: typo
T1gger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 04:27 PM   #44
Wills Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittykitty87

I just think planning a day off will be nice as we can go and do other things (basically I can drag my DBF around shopping...) and like you said, if we decided not to go to a certain park on one day, we could always swap the day off around

I REALLY hope DBF and I get to go back in a few years
:rotfl2 Ya gotta love the shopping On our honeymoon I just got DH to drop me off at the outlets on I Drive and he went off doing something else while I wandered around in peace for 5 hours It was just brilliant, except as we were also doing a cruise for a week and going to Vegas for 6 days after that I really had to rein myself in so we wouldn't have to pay for an extra bag on the domestic flight to Vegas :rotfl2 But I shopped til I dropped in Vegas so it made up for it Our poor men don't know what they're getting themselves in for once we hit the shops!

Wills First Adventure TR May 2013

Wills Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 04:56 PM   #45
kittykitty87
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wills Mom View Post
:rotfl2 Ya gotta love the shopping On our honeymoon I just got DH to drop me off at the outlets on I Drive and he went off doing something else while I wandered around in peace for 5 hours It was just brilliant, except as we were also doing a cruise for a week and going to Vegas for 6 days after that I really had to rein myself in so we wouldn't have to pay for an extra bag on the domestic flight to Vegas :rotfl2 But I shopped til I dropped in Vegas so it made up for it Our poor men don't know what they're getting themselves in for once we hit the shops!

Well he surprised me last night and told me he had upgraded us to First Class for our journeys to and from which means we now have extra baggage allowance too and you know what that means...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: