Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-12-2012, 06:16 AM   #16
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Enjoy the last minute rush and countdown.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 06:45 PM   #17
Disneydreamsdancer
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmkmum

Will be looking forward to hearing about your experience with v Australia too! We r from Sydney and looking to go for our second DL trip at Halloween. Have booked Hojo, but did PP last time, it was great! Looking at flights has been interesting, we flew with delta two years ago to DL, great trip there, terrible trip home, so we booked united to go to WDW last year, and was not impressed by the lack of seat tvs!! My kids were 5,3 & 1 at the time, so the plane trip was a nightmare! Thank god for phenergan! My gp suggested we use it for the flights as DD 3 gets motion sickness, then he said to give it to the others too for sleeping purposes. (1/2 dose for the 1.5yr old, he's a big boy!) I'd say to grab a bottle of that, get them up pretty early on flight morning, an after a few hours on the plane give them some phenergan, then when you land hopefully you will all be rested!
I have read that many of the v Australia planes don't have seat tvs, so I don't know whether to book with them or not..... If I book with delta, they don't give kid discounts on the seats, so I would have to book a code share flight with v Australia to get the seat discount and the tv seats.

Oh and I love the excuse of carsland! I used that one too! Hope you have a great time! Have subscribed so I can hear all about it! : )
Might be worth getting a codeshare Delta flight for the entertainment? we're off to disneyland in February and went with air new zealand in the end as we just couldnt face a non direct flight. Still keen to hear someones experience with V aus though! PP must have been amazing! we always stay offsite to save some $$ as those of us that have to come from Australasia need a good long break to make that flight worth it!!

DLRP Aug '94 - Hotel Sante Fe
DLRP Mar '95 - Hotel Sante Fe . DLRP Jan '01 - Hotel Cheyenne . DLRP Jan '07 - Hotel Sante Fe . DLR Cal Jan '08 - Hilton Anaheim . DLR Cal Dec '08 - Marriott Anaheim . DLR Cal Jan '12 - Fairfield Inn . DLR Cal May '12 - Carousel Inn
Disneydreamsdancer is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-30-2012, 12:58 AM   #18
Ozdisneydreamin
Earning My Ears

Subbing in

I have friends who fly V all the time from Syd to LAX. All seats have TVs :D
Ozdisneydreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 01:24 AM   #19
carnival kid
Mouseketeer

Another Aussie also reading

We flew V aus last time to LAX and had no trouble. We has 10 month DD with us and the staff were all lovely and helpful. We all had seat TV's and they were a godsend.

Cant wait to read about all your adventures

2008-Disneyland

2011 -Disneyland

2014-Disney World - Disney Cruise - Disneyland
carnival kid is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: