DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-05-2012, 06:52 AM   #1
Arthur27
Go Gators!

Restaurants around Disney’s Hilton Head.

I need suggestions for a good place to eat at Hilton Head. My family and I will be spending a couple of nights there this week. I want to go to a place that's family friendly with good food, good atmosphere and won't break the bank. I don't mind paying a little more for good food with that said. I'm thinking Sea food but a restaurant with a good variety is probably best. I have a picky eater in the group. Thanks for any suggestions! We've only been there once and didn't go out for dinner so it's virgin territory for us.

Arthur

Me The hot wife Chris Dino
Arthur27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 08:01 AM   #2
WebmasterDoc
Administrator

DISboards Administrator

HH has a wealth of great dining options with over 200 restaurants. Within walking distance of the Disney resort options are Scott's Fishmarket, Kingfisher, Bistro 17, San Miguels and Elas Grille. Of those, our favorites are Scott's, Bistro and Elas - Elas has the best view but is also a little more expensive. Scott's, San Miguels, Kingfisher and Elas all have entertainment during the summer months. All of these are right on the Shelter Cove Harbour.

Also nearby are Alexander's, Red Fish, Catch 22, Bone Fish, Sea Grille, Black Marlin, Old Oyster Factory (this is across the marsh from the resort), Skull Creek Boathouse, Frankie Bones and Charlie's Etoile Verte among others. All of these are family friendly with nice menu selections. Alexander's, Black Marlin, Old Oyster Factory and Skull Creek are all located on the water with nice views.

If you are looking for something in particular, go to the resort Mercantile store and ask Gordon for some suggestions. Gordon is a chef himself and really knows the island well.

Enjoy!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-05-2012, 08:21 AM   #3
Dean
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur27 View Post
I need suggestions for a good place to eat at Hilton Head. My family and I will be spending a couple of nights there this week. I want to go to a place that's family friendly with good food, good atmosphere and won't break the bank. I don't mind paying a little more for good food with that said. I'm thinking Sea food but a restaurant with a good variety is probably best. I have a picky eater in the group. Thanks for any suggestions! We've only been there once and didn't go out for dinner so it's virgin territory for us.

Arthur
I agree, HH has about the best selection of good and reasonable restaurants one can find anywhere. Doc gave you a great list, there are many others. One I'd add is Alexander's and it's often on restaurant.com.
Old 08-05-2012, 08:48 AM   #4
Simba's Mom
everything went to "H*** in a handbasket
Keep me off the high horses!
Suffers from theme park dyslexia

I agree with asking Gordon. He definitely knows the best places to eat. He steered us too Roastfish and Cornbread-delicious! The paintings on the wall make it kind of interesting.
Old 08-05-2012, 11:23 AM   #5
CruznLexi
DIS Veteran

Skull Creek is just awesome something for everyone!
CruznLexi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 11:56 AM   #6
Arthur27
Go Gators!

Thanks for the replies everyone! I'm looking forward to trying some of these suggestions.

Me The hot wife Chris Dino
Arthur27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 10:10 PM   #7
disneybirds
DIS Veteran

We just got back and I agree with the recommendation for Roastfish and Cornbread. The food was wonderful! It is the chef from Sea Shack a few years ago (which explains why Sea Shack wasn't that good on our last trip). We also ate at Robert Irvine's Eat! on half price Tapas night. The food was amazing!!! Ask for Mike - he has lots of great recommendations.
Old 08-07-2012, 10:38 PM   #8
chalee94
I thought all sand was ground up rocks
He's used to walking n00bies

Roastfish and Cornbread (one of the best seafood places in my experience) and Frankie Bones (lobster mac and cheese was great) were 2 of my favorites but there are a number i have not tried yet...

chalee94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 08:03 AM   #9
Simba's Mom
everything went to "H*** in a handbasket
Keep me off the high horses!
Suffers from theme park dyslexia

Quote:
Originally Posted by chalee94 View Post
Roastfish and Cornbread (one of the best seafood places in my experience) and Frankie Bones (lobster mac and cheese was great) were 2 of my favorites but there are a number i have not tried yet...
Specifically at Roastfish and Cornbread, I had the sweet potato fries. They were the best I've ever had!
Old 08-08-2012, 11:29 AM   #10
kristenrice
DIS Veteran

I've read so many great restaurant suggestions for HHI, but what are good choices (preferably walking distance) for folks who do NOT eat seafood of any kind?

TIA!

2001 OKW 2002 WL for HONEYMOON!January 2008 POP/OKW October 2008 AKV GIRLS ONLY! June 2009 AKV October 2009 POP with my BFF for my Birthday April 2010 AKV April 2011 HHI Oct 2011 BLT/BWV with DSiL June 2012 GRAND GATHERING at OKW April 2013 HHI November 2013 AKV *1st Half-Marathon*Oct 2014 Surprising the Nieces at AKV
kristenrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 12:42 PM   #11
WebmasterDoc
Administrator

DISboards Administrator

All of the restaurants within walking distance have items on their menu besides fish - so you might want to take a look at menus for each one. At check-in, the resort usually has some HH dining guides which include menus of most of the dining spots on the island.

I know that Kingfisher, Scott's, Bistro, San Miguels and Elas all offer other fare. One other option I forgot to mention in the earlier post was Little Venice (also on Shelter Cove Harbour and within walking distance - just past Bistro and before San Miguels). It's dining theme is Italian.

Just beyond the Shelter Cove Mall is Giuseppi's (pizza) and Fudruckers (burgers) for other very casual options. Those are over 1/2 mile from the resort, but still within walking distance.

Elas Menu

Kingfisher Menu

Bistro 17 Menu

San Miguels Menu
Old 08-08-2012, 01:49 PM   #12
kristenrice
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebmasterDoc View Post
All of the restaurants within walking distance have items on their menu besides fish - so you might want to take a look at menus for each one. At check-in, the resort usually has some HH dining guides which include menus of most of the dining spots on the island.

I know that Kingfisher, Scott's, Bistro, San Miguels and Elas all offer other fare. One other option I forgot to mention in the earlier post was Little Venice (also on Shelter Cove Harbour and within walking distance - just past Bistro and before San Miguels). It's dining theme is Italian.

Just beyond the Shelter Cove Mall is Giuseppi's (pizza) and Fudruckers (burgers) for other very casual options. Those are over 1/2 mile from the resort, but still within walking distance.

Elas Menu

Kingfisher Menu

Bistro 17 Menu

San Miguels Menu
Thanks!

2001 OKW 2002 WL for HONEYMOON!January 2008 POP/OKW October 2008 AKV GIRLS ONLY! June 2009 AKV October 2009 POP with my BFF for my Birthday April 2010 AKV April 2011 HHI Oct 2011 BLT/BWV with DSiL June 2012 GRAND GATHERING at OKW April 2013 HHI November 2013 AKV *1st Half-Marathon*Oct 2014 Surprising the Nieces at AKV
kristenrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 04:58 PM   #13
Dean
DIS Veteran

On the other hand, the italian restaurant across the way at Shelter Cove was worse than bad the only time we were there.
Old 08-08-2012, 08:00 PM   #14
bbn1122
DIS Veteran

Just got back last night....

....I looked at almost ever website and menu....

DH and I wanted to get out by ourselves, I stumble across the menu and review for British Open Pub (same shopping center as EAT), it was fabulous. I just posted a trip report and give all the details. I wanted to go back the next night....Lobster Pot Pie on Sunday night....unbelievable.

TV at the booths....casual elegant...golf theme...food was fabulous.

We had lunch at the Salty Dog (outside) very good and great service.

Boys did not want to go out much, so that all I have.
DVC - BLT April 2011,
AKL - Aug 2011,
HHI - August 2012
BLT - June 2013
Vero Beach - August 014
Magic - West Carib April 2010, 2 night NYC June 2012
Dream - 3 night - August 2011 3 Night Dream - August 2014
bbn1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 10:04 PM   #15
WebmasterDoc
Administrator

DISboards Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean View Post
On the other hand, the italian restaurant across the way at Shelter Cove was worse than bad the only time we were there.
I agree - and that's probably the reason I "forgot" to include in my first post in this thread.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: