Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2012, 03:12 PM   #1276
Angel16
Member of the 'Jambo! WildBunch'
Mouseketeer

Would someone please share information on the phone booth calls in the United Kingdom? It was talked about earlier either here or on NH's live trip report.

What happens when you call?
Does someone have the phone numbers so we can take them with us?

I love all the surprise magic Disney has.

Ninja Mom - You always make me laugh or at least smile with you posts. I love your sence of humor and timing. How are your parents doing? You all are in my prayers.

Angel16
Old 08-28-2012, 03:30 PM   #1277
MaxTheHorse
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel16 View Post
Would someone please share information on the phone booth calls in the United Kingdom? It was talked about earlier either here or on NH's live trip report.

Ninja Mom - You always make me laugh or at least smile with you posts. I love your sence of humor and timing. How are your parents doing? You all are in my prayers.

Angel16
http://disneydispatch.com/content/co...-phone-booths/
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-28-2012, 03:35 PM   #1278
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel16 View Post

Angel16
Phone numbers for booths in United Kingdom

Right Booth 407-827-9861
Left Booth 407-827-9862
Center Booth 407-827-9863

Now, I'm not sure which is which. They used to be all in one row, now I think there are two together and one over by the Rose & Crown.

The phones are operational, so when you call, if someone is there and picks up, you can talk to them.

So, you can either trick your family (say you are going to take a picture, then call) or you can call unsuspecting guests.

I have called once or twice from my home and asked if the Queen was able to come to the phone.

Sometimes people will answer. Sometimes they are too stunned and won't or when you start talking they hang up immediately.

Canada is reportedly 407-827-9884. I haven't personally verified this.

Have fun!!!
Old 08-28-2012, 03:37 PM   #1279
MickeyT
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiasmom View Post
Had to check in. spent the morning listening to vacation club pitch and WE BOUGHT!

That's all I got to say about that!

Old 08-28-2012, 03:39 PM   #1280
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxTheHorse View Post
Thank you so much for providing the website link! I have added this info to my files.

Old 08-28-2012, 04:02 PM   #1281
ddluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

I was watching Ellen today ( it was a repeat). Did anyone see it? Ellen gave CRAZY gifts to this school in Las Vegas- Whitney Elem.

TEENA~ Do you know if this school is near Jeanne's???

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
February 2014*December 2013*October2013 F&W *September 2013*July 2013-Our condo.*April 2013- Our condo!!*April 2012- Sheraton Vistana*August 2011-Poly & HRH/CL Mom's 40th B-Day*November 2010- Bonnet Creek* August 2010-BC/CL & HRH/CL Mom's B-Day trip* April 2009- Orange Lake Resort* August 2008- GF/CL (Anniversary trip kid free)*April 2008- Orange Lake Resort* June 2007- Orange Lake Resort(2DS b-day trip)* April 2005- Orange Lake Resort* May 1995- CBR (honeymoon)* April 1988 off property* July 1978 off property
Old 08-28-2012, 04:22 PM   #1282
Ninja Mom
DIS Veteran

Thanks for asking about my Mom! She is getting stronger each day but she started chemo so we are waiting for all heck to break loose. She got an injection of Neulasta this afternoon and this is the one that really gives her tremendous pain. I've been running over there in the morning and helping her get ready for the day and do her Physical Therapy exercises and anything else she needs to do. With all there is to do for her I have a sneaking suspicion that I am also doing my own P.T. along side with her work out.

My dad continues to be a challenge. That's all I'm going to say about him. It's no sense having me get aggravated over a person I can't get through to. I am just moving forward with what I need to do for her and I'm trying to not let any of his dysfunction get in the way. I'm starting to realize that the best care I can provide, is to come over, do what I can do for her and most importantly listen to her when she voices her concerns about her future. That psychological help is just as important as anything physical. Having recently been ill, I know that when you don't feel good it seems like you will never get better again. My Mom is going to have to live with the small victories and come to terms with the fact that she is on a roller coaster with some ups and a lot more downs. This is really hard to take so we don't concentrate on that. I try to get her to focus on the small victories and improvements and I tell her that it's ok to have a bad day too. I tell her that this is a marathon and not a sprint and that she has to be patient and just see how she will do. We really are living day to day, moment to moment and I know it's a tremendous comfort for her to see me by her side and for her to know that I care.

So that's where we are today. We can't worry about tomorrow because it hasn't happened yet. We just have to take it one day at a time.

Thanks to everybody who is keeping her in your thoughts and prayers

~NM
Old 08-28-2012, 05:27 PM   #1283
carlabellaxox
Earning My Ears

10/4-9 YC Birthday
Old 08-28-2012, 05:29 PM   #1284
Angel16
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxTheHorse View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Phone numbers for booths in United Kingdom

Right Booth 407-827-9861
Left Booth 407-827-9862
Center Booth 407-827-9863

Now, I'm not sure which is which. They used to be all in one row, now I think there are two together and one over by the Rose & Crown.

The phones are operational, so when you call, if someone is there and picks up, you can talk to them.

So, you can either trick your family (say you are going to take a picture, then call) or you can call unsuspecting guests.

I have called once or twice from my home and asked if the Queen was able to come to the phone.

Sometimes people will answer. Sometimes they are too stunned and won't or when you start talking they hang up immediately.

Canada is reportedly 407-827-9884. I haven't personally verified this.

Have fun!!!
Thank you both for the information....and so quickly wow! Sounds like a lot of fun, my DH would really enjoy this. It might be fun to hide off somewhere near the phone booths and call. Then you can see the reaction of people walking by.

Angel16
Old 08-28-2012, 05:40 PM   #1285
sndral
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Mom View Post
Thanks for asking about my Mom! I'm starting to realize that the best care I can provide, is to come over, do what I can do for her and most importantly listen to her when she voices her concerns about her future. That psychological help is just as important as anything physical. ... I know it's a tremendous comfort for her to see me by her side and for her to know that I care.

So that's where we are today. We can't worry about tomorrow because it hasn't happened yet. We just have to take it one day at a time.

~NM
NM, when my mom did her 50+ days in ICU and subsequent (ongoing) rehab starting last Dec, I took up knitting - it helped me deal w/ the 'sitting and listening/being there' part of it all - it's sort of my version of meditating, and, surprisingly, everyone is thrilled w/ my hand knit projects - I was afraid that the knitting would turn out to be like when you grow zucchinni - you know, people run when you try to 'gift them.' But au contraire - I'm even getting orders for future projects! And I feel like I'm accomplishing something while I'm just 'being there' for mom.

RE: WDW I believe I'm in high double digit territory now. I applied the just released AP discount today and paid our YC all off, then turned around and spent my 'savings' on a couple of solo days @ the GF before the 10 days @ the YC, gotta love Disney math.
Old 08-28-2012, 05:41 PM   #1286
PittPantherfan
Mouseketeer

Same issue at BC...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdisneyaholic View Post
Just booked YC CL for July 25th - Aug. 4th 2013. This after just being home from YC 4 weeks ago. You can add me to the list.

Does anyone know why they changed the CL rooms that accommodate 5 to only standard? So no chance of a water view? Seems strange. Would love to know if anyone could answer this.

Also, I know they are working on HH. But does anyone know exactly what they are doing? Making it bigger, changing the building?

Thanks everyone.
I unfortunately don't have the answer to your question about changing the CL related to 5. I am having the same problem with BC. We had GV CL for 5 in 2011 and now the only CL for 5 is the standard view or deluxe. I know in 2011, water view was not an option and now the GV is not an option either. Trying to decide to whether to skip CL this time or just go with the standard view.

2003 Cocoa Beach/2006 Marriott Horizons-Harbour Lake/2007 Marriott Cypress Harbour/2009 Sheraton Vistana Villages
May 2011 Beach Club CL/June 2013 Beach Club CL

SADLY NO TICKER- No return trip planned yet
Old 08-28-2012, 06:04 PM   #1287
Angel16
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Mom View Post
Thanks for asking about my Mom! She is getting stronger each day but she started chemo so we are waiting for all heck to break loose. She got an injection of Neulasta this afternoon and this is the one that really gives her tremendous pain. I've been running over there in the morning and helping her get ready for the day and do her Physical Therapy exercises and anything else she needs to do. With all there is to do for her I have a sneaking suspicion that I am also doing my own P.T. along side with her work out.

My dad continues to be a challenge. That's all I'm going to say about him. It's no sense having me get aggravated over a person I can't get through to. I am just moving forward with what I need to do for her and I'm trying to not let any of his dysfunction get in the way. I'm starting to realize that the best care I can provide, is to come over, do what I can do for her and most importantly listen to her when she voices her concerns about her future. That psychological help is just as important as anything physical. Having recently been ill, I know that when you don't feel good it seems like you will never get better again. My Mom is going to have to live with the small victories and come to terms with the fact that she is on a roller coaster with some ups and a lot more downs. This is really hard to take so we don't concentrate on that. I try to get her to focus on the small victories and improvements and I tell her that it's ok to have a bad day too. I tell her that this is a marathon and not a sprint and that she has to be patient and just see how she will do. We really are living day to day, moment to moment and I know it's a tremendous comfort for her to see me by her side and for her to know that I care.

~NM
You are so correct, we can't worry about tomorrow. Living for today and enjoying each moment is the way to go. Many times we are given more joy with our parents during their older years then we possibility can imagine.

My dad had Alzheimer’s, I was able to keep him in his home with home health while we where at work, which I hired and our care during the rest of the time. It was difficult at times yes, but I also got to see him be so patient, loving and appreciative of all we did for him. It was five years from diagnosis till he passed. There were many good things that came out of this time, but the most unexpected was our children watching us take care of him and their reaction. They both have made it clear to us if we ever need care in our old age that they will be there for us. The statement was "if I can only take care of you and dad half as well as you took care of grandpa you will be very well cared for."

Ninja Mom doing all that you are for your mom & dad is a great witness to your family, and extended family. In today’s world where the elderly and sick are often placed somewhere and never visited, giving and caring for your parents is a HUGH loving gift to them and setting a precedent for your children and grandchildren.

Continued prayers and thoughts for you. God Bless

Angel16

Side note: There sometimes comes a time where we can't care for a loved one in the manner they need and we must place them in a care center to receive the help they require. I am not by any means referring to anyone who has had that situation in their lives. I do not mean to offend or upset anyone who is living or has lived through this.
Old 08-28-2012, 06:49 PM   #1288
YCFAN

Have you seen my tag?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Mom

Move over Mickey T! Here's another hiney for the YCFAN bandwagon....

Right now I'm across the street in the bushes and I'm wearing a pith helmet and an itsy bitsy, teenie weenie, polka dot bikini! You'd better get busy on these boards or I'm going to go around your neighborhood and introduce myself to your neighbors as your best Dis-Boards friend!

Mwa ha ha!
XXOO
~NM
I am laughing so hard right now!! Thanks. I needed that.

Your Mom is lucky to have you. Just remember to take care of yourself so that you are able to take care of her too.
Old 08-28-2012, 06:51 PM   #1289
YCFAN

Have you seen my tag?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsme

Thanks for the positive thoughts. We've been boarding up the windows, putting everything we can away that could fly, got the generator out, & DH is getting some sand bags. So hopefully it'll all be okay. We just have to wait it out.
Take care. Be safe. Our prayers are with you.
Old 08-28-2012, 06:51 PM   #1290
skepace
Mouseketeer

Got the room and dining booked. MNSSHP tickets bought. Other than Photopass+ to buy in advance, am I forgetting any thing that we can't live without? 42 days!!

http://shawnpace.myoilproducts.com
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: