Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 08-06-2012, 05:13 PM   #106
cmcadoo66
Mouseketeer
 
cmcadoo66's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: NC
Posts: 184

Well we finally got into our new room at 3:30 this afternoon. I was hoping it would have been sooner but what can you do? The room is great and hopefully it will be G-rated for the rest of the week!

Blizzard Beach was a great time. The sun stayed out all day. We are waiting for the bus to MK and it is now looking stormy. We may be dodging rain and lightening this evening but the weather map looks like it won't last long. Now if only the bus would get here! Lol
__________________
(Me) (DH) (DD16) (DS14)

Upcoming: Fantasy 12/13
Previous trips: BCR 7/13, POR 4/13, AoA 02/13, POP 01/13, AoA 11/12, POP 10/12, POR 9/12, BCR 8/12, Magic Eastern 11/11, BCR 7/11, CBR 8/09, Pop 7/08, ASM 6/06, Pop 4/05, Pop 4/04
cmcadoo66 is offline  
Old 08-06-2012, 05:27 PM   #107
natebenma
DIS Veteran
 
natebenma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: near Boston
Posts: 12,144

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feckless View Post
Found you!!!!

Dee, I'm on week 4 of eating right - started riding my bike again yesterday, getting ready to start training for the TOT 10 miler (got another 13 or so pounds to go before my knees can handle the running!), so.... ADD ME to the list for September 2013! I'm coming for sure. Whether or not DH will come is still up in the air! But DD will be almost 13 and DS 11 then (and are very independent anyway) so I can surely manage on my own.

X-rated noises nobody wants to hear at Disney, but children crying or making noise is to be expected. Babies crying, well, I was just happy it wasn't one of mine and I wasn't responsible for looking after him or her!!!! LOL


I'm so excited to hear this!!!

I'll add you to the list.

Keep us posted on your trip, and now you don't have any excuses to disappear from the thread.
natebenma is online now  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 08-06-2012, 05:48 PM   #108
Boski
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: VA Beach
Posts: 110

Just a brief update, we checked in around 2ish. The CM who was checking in was just earning her ears and was extremely nice but the senior CM who was sorta watching over her was fantastic. He asked my youngest who his favorite Disney character was, which of course he responded Goffy, and promptly got Goofy on the phone to wish him a happy birthday. . We weren't sure what to expect with our room (garden view) but I must say its great. We have a view right as you walk out the lobby and can see SAB and crescent lake from our patio. We took off straight for Epcot and messed around there for a few and just came back to the room to unpack and get settled before we venture out for the night. Like cmcadoo said the weather looks bad but I think it's going to miss us...crossing fingers!
__________________
1991 & 1993: off-site
2010(May): Yacht Club CL
2011(April): Pop Century
2012(August): Beach Club
2013(Sept): Beach Club
Boski is offline  
Old 08-06-2012, 07:19 PM   #109
Feckless
DIS Veteran
 
Feckless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,125

I know!!! Time for the never ending ticker. LOL

I was up a half pound last week which was frustrating, but it was my birthday week and although I stayed on plan, I'm noticing a big difference with the speed the weight is coming off compared to 5 or 6 years ago. Getting old SUCKS. Wish my appetite slowed down with my metabolism!!!

I think I'll book soon... I'm afraid with Food and Wine that I won't get the room that I want. I think that I will book for a day or so before the race - I think it would be better to have the race at the beginning of the trip and be able to relax and enjoy afterwards. If I need a wheelchair, one would be available, right??? BC is a host hotel for the trip but I can't book any special rates until the race registration opens in February.

Not sure what would be best... Maybe Amanda can help! You out there????
__________________
Me (46) DH (47) DD (13) and DS (11)

Latest TR in progress: FROM SUNSTROKE TO A CONCUSSION: a Yacht Club Disney "Trip" to Remember http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post50508748


SMILES, SAND AND SUNSTROKE: A May 2012 Beach Club Trip of a Lifetime! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2927334

First Pre-Trip Report: From the North Atlantic to the World http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post43102751
Feckless is offline  
Old 08-06-2012, 07:34 PM   #110
thestevied
DIS Veteran
 
thestevied's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Maidenhead, Berkshire, England
Posts: 2,543

Wife and I will be there September 21st till October 5th 2013
__________________
1st trip - July 1989 WDW, 2nd trip - Aug1993 WDW, 3rd trip - July 1997 Tokyo Disneyland, 4th trip - June 1999 WDW, 5th trip - Sept 2002 WDW, 6th trip - Sept 2003 WDW, 7th trip - Feb 2004 Euro Disney, 8th trip - Jan 2005 WDW, 9th trip - June 2005 WDW, 10th trip - Sept 2006 WDW, 11th trip - Sept 2007 WDW, 12th trip - Oct 2008 Disneyland, 13th trip - Sept 2009 WDW, 14th trip - Sept 2010 WDW AKL, 15th trip September 2011 - Dolphin resort, 16th trip - September 2013, Yacht Club, 17th trip - September 2014, Dolphin Resort

thestevied is offline  
Old 08-06-2012, 07:52 PM   #111
Andona
Destroyer of the Aussie Dollar
 
Andona's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 920

I think that Hannah's will be closed for refurbishment during our stay in September. I read Teena,s helpful post that they will be making other arrangements for food etc but I was just wondering if there will be an alternative refillable mug location near SAB? Hope so?

TIA
Andona
__________________
2005: DL - 3/50 states | 2007- UK & Paris | 2008: WDW - 14/50 states| 2009: DL - 18/50 States | 2011 European roadtrip - ANZAC day in France | 2012: USA Coast to Coast Roadtrip! 25/50 states Read my TR|2013 Italy

Dec 2014 Hawaii Here We Come!

Aug 2015 Pacific Northwest Roadtrip finishing up in DL. Yay!

Last edited by Andona; 08-07-2012 at 09:09 AM.
Andona is offline  
Old 08-06-2012, 08:28 PM   #112
georgiasmom
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Boston
Posts: 346

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feckless View Post
I think I'll book soon... I'm afraid with Food and Wine that I won't get the room that I want. I think that I will book for a day or so before the race - I think it would be better to have the race at the beginning of the trip and be able to relax and enjoy afterwards
I did the DW Marathon in 2010 and stayed 10 days after. You don't realize how many ramps there are there until they cause you pain to walk on It's nice though to wear your medal everywhere!

A
georgiasmom is offline  
Old 08-06-2012, 08:33 PM   #113
babyberger
DIS Veteran
 
babyberger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,797

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmtwinmama View Post
Hi - my friends are finalizing their GG food/beer order and asked if the refrigerators in the room have the small freezer box. Anyone know? They are debating on getting these frozen margarita pouches to be able to take to the pool.
I was wondering this too and kept forgetting to ask, so thank you for asking! I seem to remember a small freezer shelf, but I could be completely wrong, so many hotels, cruises, etc, they all seem to run together

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmcadoo66 View Post
Well we finally got into our new room at 3:30 this afternoon. I was hoping it would have been sooner but what can you do? The room is great and hopefully it will be G-rated for the rest of the week!

Blizzard Beach was a great time. The sun stayed out all day. We are waiting for the bus to MK and it is now looking stormy. We may be dodging rain and lightening this evening but the weather map looks like it won't last long. Now if only the bus would get here! Lol
Keeping my fingers crossed for you that tonight is G rated! Glad you had good weather today and made it to BB. Hope the weather holds out for your evening at MK!


Finally sitting down with a glass of wine and my laptop....I CANNOT WAIT FOR THE KIDS TO GO BACK TO SCHOOL!!! This was the first summer in a while that the kids did not go to any sort of camp and I am ready to be by myself for more than a quick grocery shop on the weekend. Going to submerge myself in the boards for a while

Melissa
__________________
My Recent Deluxe Splurge Sept 2012 - YC, Oct 2012 - WL, Dec 2012 - CR CL, Feb 2013 - CR TPV
Starting the weekend trips again!

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds


Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
babyberger is offline  
Old 08-06-2012, 09:29 PM   #114
Angel16
Member of the 'Jambo! WildBunch'
Mouseketeer
 
Angel16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Way out West
Posts: 2,209

WOW you all have moved and starting runnin. Page eight already.

I am here and so very happy to be. Out trip is coming up shortly, time to start making my work-out harder and planning the family clothes. So I can go shopping...naturally.

Thank you Dee for all your work and time. You are one awesome lady!

Angel16
__________________
1973,1974-Poly, 2004-Pop, SOG & AKL CL, Sept/Oct 2005 Poly & AKL CL, Holidays 2006 Poly CL, AKL CL Oct 2010 SOG, GF SL, AKL CL, Oct 2012 SOG, BC CL, AKL CL
Angel16 is offline  
Old 08-06-2012, 09:34 PM   #115
TeenaS
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Clermont, FL
Posts: 5,928

Princess Lily has her buckets and shovels packed.
Her Mom has her beer packed for the pool.
I've got the noodles ready.
Bob's in charge of everything else.
TeenaS is offline  
Old 08-06-2012, 09:37 PM   #116
natebenma
DIS Veteran
 
natebenma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: near Boston
Posts: 12,144

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenaS View Post
Princess Lily has her buckets and shovels packed.
Her Mom has her beer packed for the pool.
I've got the noodles ready.
Bob's in charge of everything else.
Can't wait to share the reports "Live from the BC!"

Have a fantastic time!

natebenma is online now  
Old 08-06-2012, 09:48 PM   #117
DT83097
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Michigan
Posts: 687

Can I just tell everyone how much I am sooooo looking forward to this trip?!!! We leave in 11 days and it can't come fast enough after these last few months. The drama of dealing with a short sale purchase of our dream home (we are now 9 months in and still no closing in sight), now preparing our current home to go on the market, having MIL live with us for past 2 months while she finds a house (which she has now but still hasn't moved out because she wants to fix her place up first??) and the recent passing of my FIL - DH is only child and parent's divorced when he was young so he was left to deal with all the arrangements and estate stuff. I really tried not to wish the summer away but I'm so looking forward to this trip that I couldn't help myself.
Now I find myself wishing / okay praying that we secretly get upgraded to a 2BR suite because we always bring my MIL with us (we pay for everything in exchange for having an extra set of helping hands for the kiddos), but after having her live with us for the past 2 months, the thought of sleeping literally right next to her for a week in a single hotel room is kind of bumming me out. We like to plan trips for late August / early September because both kids' birthdays are in August as well as our Anniversary. This year we are celebrating #15 and it would really be nice to have our own room!!! I actually went online and was looking at pictures of the suites and dreaming how awesome it would be to have our own bedroom Don't get wrong I have a really good relationship with my MIL - especially compared to some horror stories I hear from friends' but I've just had a little too much quality time with her lately.

Okay I will stop complaining now because I'm going back to my happy place. Thanks for letting me vent. Let's bring on the countdown! Even sharing living space with MIL is better in Disney World!!
__________________
-Tammy
DH Me DS DD

Aug 1997 CBR; 2000 CSR; April 2002 Offsite; April 2007 Poly ; Aug 2007 CBR
Aug 2009 Poly; Sept 2010 YC; Sept 2011 Poly; Aug 2012 YC ;Feb 2013 BLT; Sept 2013 BC
CSR Feb 2014-upgraded to YC! ; June 2014 GF
DT83097 is offline  
Old 08-06-2012, 09:49 PM   #118
DT83097
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Michigan
Posts: 687

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenaS View Post
Princess Lily has her buckets and shovels packed.
Her Mom has her beer packed for the pool.
I've got the noodles ready.
Bob's in charge of everything else.
Can't wait to hear how Lily loves SAB!! Have a great time!
__________________
-Tammy
DH Me DS DD

Aug 1997 CBR; 2000 CSR; April 2002 Offsite; April 2007 Poly ; Aug 2007 CBR
Aug 2009 Poly; Sept 2010 YC; Sept 2011 Poly; Aug 2012 YC ;Feb 2013 BLT; Sept 2013 BC
CSR Feb 2014-upgraded to YC! ; June 2014 GF
DT83097 is offline  
Old 08-06-2012, 09:55 PM   #119
SuzieQ811
Mouseketeer
 
SuzieQ811's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Western New York near Buffalo
Posts: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by DT83097 View Post
Can I just tell everyone how much I am sooooo looking forward to this trip?!!! We leave in 11 days and it can't come fast enough after these last few months. The drama of dealing with a short sale purchase of our dream home (we are now 9 months in and still no closing in sight), now preparing our current home to go on the market, having MIL live with us for past 2 months while she finds a house (which she has now but still hasn't moved out because she wants to fix her place up first??) and the recent passing of my FIL - DH is only child and parent's divorced when he was young so he was left to deal with all the arrangements and estate stuff. I really tried not to wish the summer away but I'm so looking forward to this trip that I couldn't help myself.
Now I find myself wishing / okay praying that we secretly get upgraded to a 2BR suite because we always bring my MIL with us (we pay for everything in exchange for having an extra set of helping hands for the kiddos), but after having her live with us for the past 2 months, the thought of sleeping literally right next to her for a week in a single hotel room is kind of bumming me out. We like to plan trips for late August / early September because both kids' birthdays are in August as well as our Anniversary. This year we are celebrating #15 and it would really be nice to have our own room!!! I actually went online and was looking at pictures of the suites and dreaming how awesome it would be to have our own bedroom Don't get wrong I have a really good relationship with my MIL - especially compared to some horror stories I hear from friends' but I've just had a little too much quality time with her lately.

Okay I will stop complaining now because I'm going back to my happy place. Thanks for letting me vent. Let's bring on the countdown! Even sharing living space with MIL is better in Disney World!!

All I can say is: You are going straight to Heaven. God bless you!! I, for one, would not have your tolerance. I hope your get your own bedroom.
__________________


"Wrote a note said be back in a minute,
Bought a boat and I sailed off in it,
Don't think anybody's gonna miss me anyway.
Mind on a permanent vacation,
The ocean is my only medication,
Wishin' my condition ain't ever gonna go away."

Lyrics from "Knee Deep" by Jimmy Buffett and Zac Brown.
SuzieQ811 is offline  
Old 08-06-2012, 09:59 PM   #120
DT83097
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Michigan
Posts: 687

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzieQ811 View Post
All I can say is: You are going straight to Heaven. God bless you!! I, for one, would not have your tolerance. I hope your get your own bedroom.
Thanks SuzieQ!! Looks like we'll be arriving the same day based on your ticker (8/17) I'll be the one with the halo See you there!
__________________
-Tammy
DH Me DS DD

Aug 1997 CBR; 2000 CSR; April 2002 Offsite; April 2007 Poly ; Aug 2007 CBR
Aug 2009 Poly; Sept 2010 YC; Sept 2011 Poly; Aug 2012 YC ;Feb 2013 BLT; Sept 2013 BC
CSR Feb 2014-upgraded to YC! ; June 2014 GF
DT83097 is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:42 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: