Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2012, 03:33 PM   #1051
DisneyMomx7
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katesdad View Post
So, bees have taken over SAB, you can't get into B&C and you can't get a No Way Jose to go. Crast members at the pool and elsewhere at the resort are incosiderate and rude. The Marketplace isn't a qualified QS location, and now HH is closing and there is only one person walking around the pool taking drink orders. The facilities are dirty and run down and there is construction all over the place. Beds are uncomfortable, the CL is small and always crowded. The bus transportation is simply terrible and forget about going to or from DTD, can't get there from here. Let's see, what have I forgotten? Oh yes, there are no phone books in the fifth floor rooms. So, why should I stay here?

Simply because of all the resorts I've stayed at at WDW, there is no doubt I've never stayed at a better one. And that's all I have to say about that.
You know what I say to the complainers - more room at SAB for me!

I do have to tell you that I did find the phone book in our 5th floor room. It was pretty tricky - under the little drawer in the nightstand (under, not in).

As most of us know BC/YC have the BEST CMs of all the resorts!

GF-2003,2004,2005,2006,2008,2009,2011,2013,2014
YC-2006,2007,2008,2014 POLY- 2006,2007,2008
BC-2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013
HRH-2004,2006, RPR-2012, 2014
Old 08-24-2012, 03:58 PM   #1052
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxTheHorse View Post
I've asked to post when they return them and under what name. Sounds like there was confusion at bell services over a couple different sets of noodles. They said they asked for "pool toys" (actual toys, I don't think noodles) left by someone earlier that day, and were maybe given the prized Disboard noodles instead (I haven't seen final confirmation those are the ones they have).

In any event, I'm sure they'll be returned and if I see a posting about when and under what name, I'll report it here. Again, apologies if my efforts to prevent confusion actually led to confusion at the resort! But I think the mixup was in the bell services desk rather than on the part of any noodle user(s).

Not to beat a dead horse (OOPS- sorry about that Max!)...

Do you know if the noodles were returned to BC Bell Services or YC Bell Services. All of "our" (the BC/YC FAQ thread) noodles should live at BC. I'm guessing that Henry and Grace were returned to BC, since that is where they originally were found.

Of all of the occupations I pictured my future self doing when I was a little girl, Noodle-wrangling was not one of them!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-24-2012, 04:02 PM   #1053
YCFAN

Have you seen my tag?

I just got a pin code!!! I've never gotten one before. Hmm, wonder if I could squeeze in a trip by year end?!
Old 08-24-2012, 04:46 PM   #1054
MaxTheHorse
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Not to beat a dead horse (OOPS- sorry about that Max!)...

Do you know if the noodles were returned to BC Bell Services or YC Bell Services. All of "our" (the BC/YC FAQ thread) noodles should live at BC. I'm guessing that Henry and Grace were returned to BC, since that is where they originally were found.

Of all of the occupations I pictured my future self doing when I was a little girl, Noodle-wrangling was not one of them!

Double checking where the repatriation took place. I am guessing YC but will post an update to that info if it's wrong. I feel like a UN negotiator shuttling across the 38th Parallel.
Old 08-24-2012, 05:25 PM   #1055
DisneyMomx7
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by YCFAN View Post
I just got a pin code!!! I've never gotten one before. Hmm, wonder if I could squeeze in a trip by year end?!
After the last few months that you've had - GO FOR IT!!! (and can I sneak in your suitcase?)

Dee - BC/YC Thread Coordinator, Noodle Wrangler and Trip Reporter Extraordinare!!!!

GF-2003,2004,2005,2006,2008,2009,2011,2013,2014
YC-2006,2007,2008,2014 POLY- 2006,2007,2008
BC-2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013
HRH-2004,2006, RPR-2012, 2014
Old 08-24-2012, 05:33 PM   #1056
Pinkgirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxTheHorse View Post
Double checking where the repatriation took place. I am guessing YC but will post an update to that info if it's wrong. I feel like a UN negotiator shuttling across the 38th Parallel.
I currently have a collection of Noodles on Disneymoon we never got back yesterday for Grace and Henry but I did see them briefly before the wedding.
Old 08-24-2012, 06:37 PM   #1057
barbliny
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancyg56 View Post
ninjamom- I just want to let you know I have been thinking about your Mom and am glad her pain management is off to a good start. I also cared for my Mom when she was so ill and that time was a special gift for me. Folks used to say that she was lucky we cared for her but nothing could have been further from the truth. I was the fortunate one and I would not trade those memories of her for anything. There is a special bond that happens when two people are in the situation you and your Mom share
I always say 'I fell in love with my Mom' during those last few months when she needed and accepted help from her children. I am thankful for those days with her - yes, some were very hard, but so many of those days had a least a few moments of happiness that I will always remember. To NM and anyone else going through something similar, my thoughts are with you and choose to embrace these moments - there is joy to be found in these days.
Old 08-24-2012, 06:37 PM   #1058
stepdisney
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
I instantly turned into "one of those moms"
I think I'm going to start looking for ways to fit jive into my daily vocabulary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkgirl View Post
I currently have a collection of Noodles on Disneymoon we never got back yesterday for Grace and Henry but I did see them briefly before the wedding.
Hi there Pinkgirl. We met today on the elevator!!! Congratulations again!!!!

June 2000 1st trip off site~Oct. 2005 POP~ Aug/Sept. 2007 WL~Aug/Sept. 2008 AKL ~Aug/Sept. 2009 Kidani Village~Aug/Sept. 2010WL/Grand Gathering~ Aug. 2011 YC Aug. 2012 YC CL~Aug. 2014 AKL
Old 08-24-2012, 07:17 PM   #1059
barbliny
Mouseketeer

Back from 8 days BC CL GV

I am going to post my thoughts, good and not so good ... this is to help others - I received a lot of information from this thread and hope what I say here can help others and set up expectations ...

1. We arrived at BC CL around 11 am on Wednesday August 15th (flew into Tampa and had a rental car, my hint to all those travelling to WDW is not to overlook this airport as it is much less congested and busy than ORL and the flights are often less expensive - $80 cheaper RT in our case) - the CL check-in area was very busy as I believe an ME bus had arrived recently.

2. Much to our delight, our room was ready and waiting for us - we received exactly 'what we ordered' - we booked GV, asked non-accessible, non-adjoining

3. Room 5630 - GREAT GV room - it is to the right of the desk area, past a large bank of windows, so it only has a room on one side. It is in the far corner of a courtyard. It looks directly out onto a grass, and tree courtyard with a volleyball court to the right. Best of all, it had a great view of the water and boardwalk. We could see illuminations fireworks over the roof opposite our room. We did not have any problem with noise or traffic in the hallway being so close to the CL lounge (well, except for one night). This room does NOT have a daybed, nor does it have any room to put a rollaway.

4. The CMs on CL, both at the desks and in the lounge were wonderful.

5. We tipped housekeeping every morning - we recieved towel animals (I see that many are interested in these) most of the mornings - we did not on a couple of days - these were weekend days if that has any bearing. Our toiletries were always restocked (except for one morning). The room was always clean. We requested a 10am to noon cleaning window and other than 2 mornings, it was finished in that time frame.

6. The CL lounge - was well worth it for us - 2 adults, and 20 and 17 year old daughters. What we received in water bottles for the parks, beer, wine, cordials, continental breakfast, desserts and especially sodas made it worthwhile. Also, it was an additional area for us to disperse while someone else was getting ready.

7. I had not seen it mentioned before - but, we were pleasantly surprised to find the lounge open all night with swedish fish, yogurt pretzels, trail mix and sodas available - coffee machine also. This was a great perk after late nights at the parks.

8. The CMs on club level were great. Some of the other guests, not so much. I noticed a lot of lack of manners in some of the guests using the lounge - both in accessing the food/drinks and more glaringly in the rude and entitled manner in which they addressed the staff.

9. Yes, the lounge is small. But, we never really had a problem finding someplace to sit. But, we were close and we did not go every evening during appetizer time - the busiest time in the lounge.

10. The transportation - mixed bag. The buses were fine for MK. The boat for EPCOT was fine. The boat to DHS, not so great - especially on EMH night. The walk to EPCOT was great - the shortcut was a great hint. I would also like to point out that there are bathrooms on the 'boardwalk' side of the laundry room which were a great help on some of the trips back from EPCOT - I had not seen this mentioned before. The walk to DHS - we never tried it, it seemed a very long walk during such drastic heat and humidity. The bus to AK - was fine, the bus back not so much - we waited a long time with a lot of people. The bus back from DTD - this was a NIGHTMARE - we waited 40 minutes, and others had been there first. The bus stop was so crowded by the time the bus finally came. They need ropes and aisles at this stop since it gets so crowded and many guests stormed the bus when it finally came and were not fair and mindful of the order in which they arrived for the bus. EMH at DHS there was a huge thunderstorm - and the buses to ferry people to the EPCOT resorts were ridiculously inefficient - and it was highly annoying and scary to stand in the midst of this huge lightning storm seeing idle buses in the lot waiting for I don't know what. For the buses from DTD, AK, and DHS - I witnessed multiple buses for AKL (3 buses in fact) come and go with none for BC, etc. Similar situations for other resorts.

11. SAB - was great. We never had much of a problem finding seats in the mid-afternoon. But, we're easy and flexible. We could usually find 2 chairs together and we were happy with this for our family of 4 - we don't necessarily use 4 at the same time. I did find that many of the chairs had towels on them - some for hours with no one in sight. I also came to the conclusion that many guests did not find it necessary or within their 'to do' list to remove their used towels from the lounges when they were done for the day. The CMs should do more to remove these towels rather than have the guests try and figure it out.

12. HH - we did not use it - staying on CL, gave us the opportunity to bring drinks down to the pool. I do agree with what I saw someone else say - I rarely saw anyone taking orders for drinks/food around SAB.

13. I saw someone complain about the pool staff and guards - I did not find them to be 'nasty' at all. When they are told to close the pool for lightning they are required to start a 30-minute clock - that clock is reset everytime there is more lightning. These are resort rules.

More later, if anyone has questions let me know .... I'll try to answer.

Last edited by barbliny; 08-24-2012 at 07:51 PM.
Old 08-24-2012, 07:20 PM   #1060
DrMomof3
DIS Veteran

Tomorrow we fly to Disney for the trip where we were supposed to stay in a CL deluxe room at BC. Instead we're staying at Wyndham Bonnet Creek in a 2 bedroom villa. We saved $2000 on lodging alone so it's worth it for this trip. I will be sad to walk by Beach Club knowing that I should be staying there. Luckily I'm a spoiled little princess and I will be at Beach Club for the Tower of Terror race in a few more weeks (I'm staying in a BCV studio and arriving late on 9/27).
We seem to have great luck with tropical storms and hurricanes so I apologize to everyone else at Disney for Isaac....

Amanda
Poly 01/2008; SSR 05/2009; CR 12/2009; YC 04/2010; BCV 08/2010; Poly CL 01/2011; BLT 08/2011; Swan 10/2011; GF CL 01/2012; Vero Beach 04/2012; Cabins 06/2012; WBC 08/2012; BCV 09/2012; Poly 1/2013; HGV 02/2013; WL, Kidani, SSR, Boardwalk in 2013; BLT 2014

Half-marathon PTR BCV Trip Report Half Marathon Trip Report Aug 2011 PTR
Aug 2011 TR
Multi-Trip 2012 PTR Running and Europe, 2014-15
Disney Dream
August 2013 PTR Aug 2013 TR
Old 08-24-2012, 08:10 PM   #1061
barbliny
Mouseketeer

Other info from my stay ...

Crew's Cup - ate dinner here our first night, it was just okay - not a lot of choices - the buffalo chicken bites were good, the garden salad was huge and a bargain at a little more than $5

Captain's Grill - ate here for breakfast our last day - we all got the buffet - it was good, more than the usual buffet choices (fritatta, rueben, etc) - it was much fresher and turned over faster than the larger character buffets - it was more expensive than I expected - I had seen prices of $15.99 and $16.99 elsewhere on menu sites - no price on the menu - it turned out to be $18.29. We were able to get any choice of eggs we wanted.

Hint - waiting for the boat to DHS and the dock is really crowded?? BC is at the end of the loop - and it was very hard to get on a boat, we were often shut out with the head counts and had to wait for another boat. Our solution -- the EPCOT and the DHS boats alternate their arrivals. If you feel you are going to get turned away from a DHS boat or you just have, take the next EPCOT boat that arrives - it stops at the Boardwalk before going to EPCOT. So get off at BW, switch sides on the dock and you will easily get on the next boat to DHS and wave goodbye to many of your fellow BC/YC guests when the boat then goes to that dock and only a few get on before it reaches capacity.

Hint (only posting it here for the BC/YC insiders, not posting on the attractions board) - we tried multiple times to get on Toy Story Mania, many different times of day. The wait was always long and/or the fastpasses were gone or much later in the day at a time that did not work for us. The last day in the park, we got to TSM just 7 minutes after park opening, the fastpasses were already for 1:30 pm, the posted standby time was 90 minutes. I was very disappointed since I really wanted to ride as I had not experienced it before. The family decided we would suck it up and get on the standby line. Well, we breezed through it - barely stopping. From the time we entered the building to the time we got on the ride was 22 minutes. We got off and decided to ride again - this time posted standby was 50 minutes, we were loaded on the ride just 13 minutes later. I think they must overstate those standby times early in the day, so that people don't get on line and the crowds disperse more evenly through the park. We passed by again an hour later and the standby was posted at 90 again, but this time it must have been true since the line was outside of the building.

Other places we ate (both on property and off):
Crossroads House of Blues (used a restaurant com certificate - so this was a great priced meal) - favorite meal of our trip
Bahama Breeze
Sweet Tomatoes (twice) - absolutely wonderful, huge salad/soup/potato/frozen yogurt bar - such a great change of pace from park food - wish we had them up north here
Columbia Harbor House
Crystal Palace for breakfast
Menchies for froyo (favorite of our girls, there are none by us, so they googled where one was)
Moe's - girls wanted burritos
Dawa Bar for Harambi punch cocktails - fantastic
Grey Goose slushies (lemon)
Rose & Crown for Illuminations in a front and center patio table
Starring Rolls for a red velvet cupcake
La Cava Tequila Bar - make sure to follow them on twitter for free chips & salsa
Boma

Last edited by barbliny; 08-24-2012 at 08:25 PM.
Old 08-24-2012, 08:13 PM   #1062
StayCool
DIS Veteran

I finally paid the deposit on our room at the Beach Club today! We are going to be staying Aug. 18-24, 2013. There will be 5 of us so we are counting on the day bed. My husband is a retired vet so we were able to snag the military discount for the room. Now I just have to figure out how to get our military salute tickets (hopefully before we leave!). We will be driving from NY and stopping each way. Sooo excited to finally get to Disney!

I've been trying to keep up with this thread but it flies! I've subscribed and will do my best to check in now and again. :lol:

Sept/Oct. 2014 - First Disney trip and finished the TOT 10 miler!!! Can't wait to go back.
Old 08-24-2012, 08:14 PM   #1063
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMomof3 View Post
Tomorrow we fly to Disney for the trip where we were supposed to stay in a CL deluxe room at BC. Instead we're staying at Wyndham Bonnet Creek in a 2 bedroom villa. We saved $2000 on lodging alone so it's worth it for this trip. I will be sad to walk by Beach Club knowing that I should be staying there. Luckily I'm a spoiled little princess and I will be at Beach Club for the Tower of Terror race in a few more weeks (I'm staying in a BCV studio and arriving late on 9/27).
We seem to have great luck with tropical storms and hurricanes so I apologize to everyone else at Disney for Isaac....

Amanda
Have a great trip, Amanda!
Old 08-24-2012, 08:29 PM   #1064
MaxTheHorse
Earning My Ears

Ok my earlier info was incorrect. Grace, Henry and two more noodles returned to *BC* under "Noodle Family" name.
Old 08-24-2012, 08:33 PM   #1065
Angel16
Member of the 'Jambo! WildBunch'
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbliny View Post
I am going to post my thoughts, good and not so good ... this is to help others - I received a lot of information from this thread and hope what I say here can help others and set up expectations ...

1. We arrived at BC CL around 11 am on Wednesday August 15th (flew into Tampa and had a rental car, my hint to all those travelling to WDW is not to overlook this airport as it is much less congested and busy than ORL and the flights are often less expensive - $80 cheaper RT in our case) - the CL check-in area was very busy as I believe an ME bus had arrived recently.

2. Much to our delight, our room was ready and waiting for us - we received exactly 'what we ordered' - we booked GV, asked non-accessible, non-adjoining

3. Room 5630 - GREAT GV room - it is to the right of the desk area, past a large bank of windows, so it only has a room on one side. It is in the far corner of a courtyard. It looks directly out onto a grass, and tree courtyard with a volleyball court to the right. Best of all, it had a great view of the water and boardwalk. We could see illuminations fireworks over the roof opposite our room. We did not have any problem with noise or traffic in the hallway being so close to the CL lounge (well, except for one night). This room does NOT have a daybed, nor does it have any room to put a rollaway.

4. The CMs on CL, both at the desks and in the lounge were wonderful.

5. We tipped housekeeping every morning - we recieved towel animals (I see that many are interested in these) most of the mornings - we did not on a couple of days - these were weekend days if that has any bearing. Our toiletries were always restocked (except for one morning). The room was always clean. We requested a 10am to noon cleaning window and other than 2 mornings, it was finished in that time frame.

6. The CL lounge - was well worth it for us - 2 adults, and 20 and 17 year old daughters. What we received in water bottles for the parks, beer, wine, cordials, continental breakfast, desserts and especially sodas made it worthwhile. Also, it was an additional area for us to disperse while someone else was getting ready.

7. I had not seen it mentioned before - but, we were pleasantly surprised to find the lounge open all night with swedish fish, yogurt pretzels, trail mix and sodas available - coffee machine also. This was a great perk after late nights at the parks.

8. The CMs on club level were great. Some of the other guests, not so much. I noticed a lot of lack of manners in some of the guests using the lounge - both in accessing the food/drinks and more glaringly in the rude and entitled manner in which they addressed the staff.

9. Yes, the lounge is small. But, we never really had a problem finding someplace to sit. But, we were close and we did not go every evening during appetizer time - the busiest time in the lounge.

10. The transportation - mixed bag. The buses were fine for MK. The boat for EPCOT was fine. The boat to DHS, not so great - especially on EMH night. The walk to EPCOT was great - the shortcut was a great hint. I would also like to point out that there are bathrooms on the 'boardwalk' side of the laundry room which were a great help on some of the trips back from EPCOT - I had not seen this mentioned before. The walk to DHS - we never tried it, it seemed a very long walk during such drastic heat and humidity. The bus to AK - was fine, the bus back not so much - we waited a long time with a lot of people. The bus back from DTD - this was a NIGHTMARE - we waited 40 minutes, and others had been there first. The bus stop was so crowded by the time the bus finally came. They need ropes and aisles at this stop since it gets so crowded and many guests stormed the bus when it finally came and were not fair and mindful of the order in which they arrived for the bus. EMH at DHS there was a huge thunderstorm - and the buses to ferry people to the EPCOT resorts were ridiculously inefficient - and it was highly annoying and scary to stand in the midst of this huge lightning storm seeing idle buses in the lot waiting for I don't know what. For the buses from DTD, AK, and DHS - I witnessed multiple buses for AKL (3 buses in fact) come and go with none for BC, etc. Similar situations for other resorts.

11. SAB - was great. We never had much of a problem finding seats in the mid-afternoon. But, we're easy and flexible. We could usually find 2 chairs together and we were happy with this for our family of 4 - we don't necessarily use 4 at the same time. I did find that many of the chairs had towels on them - some for hours with no one in sight. I also came to the conclusion that many guests did not find it necessary or within their 'to do' list to remove their used towels from the lounges when they were done for the day. The CMs should do more to remove these towels rather than have the guests try and figure it out.

12. HH - we did not use it - staying on CL, gave us the opportunity to bring drinks down to the pool. I do agree with what I saw someone else say - I rarely saw anyone taking orders for drinks/food around SAB.

13. I saw someone complain about the pool staff and guards - I did not find them to be 'nasty' at all. When they are told to close the pool for lightning they are required to start a 30-minute clock - that clock is reset everytime there is more lightning. These are resort rules.

More later, if anyone has questions let me know .... I'll try to answer.
Thank you for your thoughts and sharing. Sounds to me like BC is pretty wonderful and the CM's and CL amazing. So glad you had a great vacation. How long was your stay if you don't mind me asking?

We will be checking in one month from today. We are getting so excited! First visit to a Epcot resort, we are staying club level with a standard room, only request was for a full balcony.

Angel16

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: