Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2012, 08:38 AM   #1036
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiasmom View Post
Dee

I am the next companion (safe house) for the Noodle Family that may or may not be married to Pink Girl. I'll ask around and see if I can get more info on the whole Noodle Witness Protection System

Amy
Thanks so much!!!

The CMs "in the know" at BC Bell Services are Luigi, Leo, Keith and George.

Thanks again, and have a fantastic trip!!!
Old 08-24-2012, 08:38 AM   #1037
MaxTheHorse
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott MC View Post
NOOOOOO! Grace & Henry are for my Dis friends!
The real Grace and Henry won't be pleased to hear this.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
I've asked to post when they return them and under what name. Sounds like there was confusion at bell services over a couple different sets of noodles. They said they asked for "pool toys" (actual toys, I don't think noodles) left by someone earlier that day, and were maybe given the prized Disboard noodles instead (I haven't seen final confirmation those are the ones they have).

In any event, I'm sure they'll be returned and if I see a posting about when and under what name, I'll report it here. Again, apologies if my efforts to prevent confusion actually led to confusion at the resort! But I think the mixup was in the bell services desk rather than on the part of any noodle user(s).
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-24-2012, 09:17 AM   #1038
bookgirl
I don't eat onions-they squelch when you bite into them
I don't eat raisins-they look like dried up bugs
Can we say food issues?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Mom View Post
Maybe this is why the noodles ran off? I mean between all that and people marrying them no wonder there is a noodle emergency!

I'm kinda wondering if middle summer is high season for cranky, chair hogging people who then post about their troubles when they get back. Unfortunately many of their concerns are legitimate, but they are missing the fact that these types of problems are experienced at just about every Disney resort.

On this board, people do a pretty good job of telling it like it is at the Beach and Yacht Clubs. All that help here goes a long way toward keeping people's expectations in line with reality. No vacation is going to be perfect. If people can't deal with that then there is more room for the rest of us that can.

I want to make it perfectly clear that I'm not referring to anyone who brought their concerns to this board. I think that is fantastic. That kind of communication gives all of us that participate on this thread a chance to try and help with the problems. I'm referring to the people on other threads that like to go on and on and blow things out of proportion. I'd like to thank everybody here for all the help and support that I have gotten. I know that all the information that I've discovered as a direct result of this thread is going to help me to have a fantastic vacation at the Beach/ Yacht Club resort!

I'd also like to thank the Cast Members at WDW and it's resorts. It can't be easy dealing with cranky people and this summer its seemed like they all showed up at once!

Just my 2 cents and my humble opinion.

~NM

PS. My Mom is home from the hospital and all her ducks are falling into a row as far as pain management, nursing care and getting her settled into a place where she can be comfortable. This week was really a crisis but for now things are better. Next week she starts Chemo so all hell is going to break loose but hopefully all of the arrangements that were successfully put into place are going to help that go smoothly and not turn into a complete disaster again.

Because I am recovering from major cancer surgery my parents were shutting me out of their journey and they just couldn't manage it. I am doing extremely well and I'm exceeding everyone's expectations so I'm ready to GET BUSY! I told my Mom that we only have yesterday and today. Tomorrow is never promised so we have to make the best of it today and not be cranky or mourn the loss of an unlimited future. Through out this I have learned that today really is a gift and that it would be wise, no matter what, that we make the best of it.

It's kind of strange to say that dealing with this terrible problem gives us the gift to be able to care for my Mom and show her how much we love her. Many many people don't get the chance to do this or say goodbye. It's a small consolation but with cancer maybe that's all you get. In any case we will make the best of this situation.

Hugs to all of you and thanks for all of your support!

~NM
keeping you in my thoughts NM.

Old 08-24-2012, 09:40 AM   #1039
MickeyT
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Mom

It's kind of strange to say that dealing with this terrible problem gives us the gift to be able to care for my Mom and show her how much we love her. Many many people don't get the chance to do this or say goodbye. It's a small consolation but with cancer maybe that's all you get. In any case we will make the best of this situation.

~NM
Somehow NM, I feel like this is probably when you're at your best. You go out of your way to make us all laugh and feel a little bit better.

I've been living the last three days on a hospital cot. DW has cellulitis and been taking IV's of antibiotics. Had plenty of time to surf the boards but replying on an IPad is a pain.

So thank you ~NM's of this world for keeping me sane.

Old 08-24-2012, 09:42 AM   #1040
MaxTheHorse
Earning My Ears

According to the other board, Grace, Henry (names confirmed) and two other noodles are being returned to the bell desk today under the name "Noodle Family" later today. Still sounds like that's where the mixup originated.

Back to your regularly scheduled YC programming...
Old 08-24-2012, 09:52 AM   #1041
gwynne
DIS Veteran

MickeyT and Ninja Mom, Sending caring thoughts your way today.

Max the Horse, It just makes me laugh to see a horse (great photo!) post about the ongoing saga of the noodle family.

Katesdad, Your post about the "problems" was hilarious! Thanks for the smile!

Can I mention how helpful the BC/YC IPO is? It was my mistake, but they helped fix it. So appreciated!

Finally, I'm off to pick up my new glasses and sunglases today. Will be nice to see clearly again!
Old 08-24-2012, 11:53 AM   #1042
Lifeisgood1
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott MC View Post
NOOOOOO! Grace & Henry are for my Dis friends!
The real Grace and Henry won't be pleased to hear this.

Awww what a great picture!

Old 08-24-2012, 01:13 PM   #1043
luvpoohandcompany
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancyg56 View Post
ninjamom- I just want to let you know I have been thinking about your Mom and am glad her pain management is off to a good start. I also cared for my Mom when she was so ill and that time was a special gift for me. Folks used to say that she was lucky we cared for her but nothing could have been further from the truth. I was the fortunate one and I would not trade those memories of her for anything. There is a special bond that happens when two people are in the situation you and your Mom share
to all those going through tough times.
Just have to say I agree with everything said above. I was lucky enough to care for my dad at home (his dearest wish was to be at home) and even though now I miss him so much it can take my breathe away I look back with no regrets. Some times were happy, some sad some downright blimin awful but all of them were shared and that alone made the burden easier to carry (for our entire family circle)!
Take care of yourself too
Old 08-24-2012, 01:24 PM   #1044
Scott MC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katesdad
So, bees have taken over SAB, you can't get into B&C and you can't get a No Way Jose to go. Crast members at the pool and elsewhere at the resort are incosiderate and rude. The Marketplace isn't a qualified QS location, and now HH is closing and there is only one person walking around the pool taking drink orders. The facilities are dirty and run down and there is construction all over the place. Beds are uncomfortable, the CL is small and always crowded. The bus transportation is simply terrible and forget about going to or from DTD, can't get there from here. Let's see, what have I forgotten? Oh yes, there are no phone books in the fifth floor rooms. So, why should I stay here?

Simply because of all the resorts I've stayed at at WDW, there is no doubt I've never stayed at a better one. And that's all I have to say about that.
Um.... I just stayed in a 5th floor room and I can say w/o question, that it had a lovely, up-to-date, reliable phone book. ;-)

Old 08-24-2012, 01:32 PM   #1045
Mom23WildBoys
Earning My Ears

Free food, anyone want?

Hi,
We're checking out of the Beach Club tomorrow and b/c of a mixup with our groceries that weren't delivered until our THIRD day, I have stuff that's unopened. It's from Garden Grocer and I could leave it at Bell Services if anyone wants it.
I have 16 water bottles left in the case, 1/2 gallon organic low fat milk, one package of sharp cheddar sliced cheese, store brand, and one package of Hormel Natural Choice Smoked Deli Ham (and also several of those GoGo Squeeze fruit pouches). Like I said, it's all unopened.
If anyone wants it, just reply to this message. Otherwise it's trash in the morning!

Thanks,
Laura

Last edited by Mom23WildBoys; 08-24-2012 at 01:33 PM. Reason: Forgot To say which resort!
Old 08-24-2012, 01:38 PM   #1046
NHKristy76
Senior Mousketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancyg56

And this one takes pods?

Years ago we stayed at the Poly and my DS and DDIL were driving in. My DD ordered K-cups and shipped them to him and he brought his kuerig. Those three were coffee crazy and hated Disney coffee. Me? I can drink anything if I am in Disney!

If you would not mind, can you post a few pics of the view? We booked Standard view as well.
I'd love to post photos of our view. Except that I have no idea how to post pics from my iPhone! Help?!
Old 08-24-2012, 01:47 PM   #1047
georgiasmom
Mouseketeer

Packing almost done, boarding passes printed, cab ordered ...... what I am going to do with the next 6 hours!?

Carry on pile

Last edited by georgiasmom; 08-24-2012 at 02:06 PM.
Old 08-24-2012, 02:20 PM   #1048
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katesdad View Post
So, bees have taken over SAB, you can't get into B&C and you can't get a No Way Jose to go. Crast members at the pool and elsewhere at the resort are incosiderate and rude. The Marketplace isn't a qualified QS location, and now HH is closing and there is only one person walking around the pool taking drink orders. The facilities are dirty and run down and there is construction all over the place. Beds are uncomfortable, the CL is small and always crowded. The bus transportation is simply terrible and forget about going to or from DTD, can't get there from here. Let's see, what have I forgotten? Oh yes, there are no phone books in the fifth floor rooms. So, why should I stay here?

Simply because of all the resorts I've stayed at at WDW, there is no doubt I've never stayed at a better one. And that's all I have to say about that.
So I stated reading this post blurry eyed at some ungodly hour in the morning, and was thinking OH NO I have made a mistake booking the YC The as I continued to read, I finally had that ah-ha moment and started cracking up Thank you for this post, I needed the laugh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancyg56 View Post
And this one takes pods?

Years ago we stayed at the Poly and my DS and DDIL were driving in. My DD ordered K-cups and shipped them to him and he brought his kuerig. Those three were coffee crazy and hated Disney coffee. Me? I can drink anything if I am in Disney!

If you would not mind, can you post a few pics of the view? We booked Standard view as well.
From what I understand, these machines take the small round flat type pods. I keep reading that the cuisinart ones that are in the rooms are pretty awful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph H View Post
You aren't kidding! {says she who is sitting here nursing her morning coffee like it's a life line...}

I just had to post this cheerful thought on a Friday morning...

DOUBLE DIGITS!!!!

The rest of my December buddies are soon to follow.

Happy Friday all!
Double Digits Dance!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Mom View Post
Maybe this is why the noodles ran off? I mean between all that and people marrying them no wonder there is a noodle emergency!

I'm kinda wondering if middle summer is high season for cranky, chair hogging people who then post about their troubles when they get back. Unfortunately many of their concerns are legitimate, but they are missing the fact that these types of problems are experienced at just about every Disney resort.

On this board, people do a pretty good job of telling it like it is at the Beach and Yacht Clubs. All that help here goes a long way toward keeping people's expectations in line with reality. No vacation is going to be perfect. If people can't deal with that then there is more room for the rest of us that can.

I want to make it perfectly clear that I'm not referring to anyone who brought their concerns to this board. I think that is fantastic. That kind of communication gives all of us that participate on this thread a chance to try and help with the problems. I'm referring to the people on other threads that like to go on and on and blow things out of proportion. I'd like to thank everybody here for all the help and support that I have gotten. I know that all the information that I've discovered as a direct result of this thread is going to help me to have a fantastic vacation at the Beach/ Yacht Club resort!

I'd also like to thank the Cast Members at WDW and it's resorts. It can't be easy dealing with cranky people and this summer its seemed like they all showed up at once!

Just my 2 cents and my humble opinion.

~NM

PS. My Mom is home from the hospital and all her ducks are falling into a row as far as pain management, nursing care and getting her settled into a place where she can be comfortable. This week was really a crisis but for now things are better. Next week she starts Chemo so all hell is going to break loose but hopefully all of the arrangements that were successfully put into place are going to help that go smoothly and not turn into a complete disaster again.

Because I am recovering from major cancer surgery my parents were shutting me out of their journey and they just couldn't manage it. I am doing extremely well and I'm exceeding everyone's expectations so I'm ready to GET BUSY! I told my Mom that we only have yesterday and today. Tomorrow is never promised so we have to make the best of it today and not be cranky or mourn the loss of an unlimited future. Through out this I have learned that today really is a gift and that it would be wise, no matter what, that we make the best of it.

Hugs to all of you and thanks for all of your support!

~NM
As always your words are always with much thought and very appreciated. to you and your family!

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Today really is a gift, that's why it's called the Present!
(stolen from who knows where!)
Dee, such a true statement!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiasmom View Post
Packing almost done, boarding passes printed, cab ordered ...... what I am going to do with the next 6 hours!?

Carry on pile
WDW here you come

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 08-24-2012, 02:21 PM   #1049
cindydare
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom23WildBoys View Post
Hi,
We're checking out of the Beach Club tomorrow and b/c of a mixup with our groceries that weren't delivered until our THIRD day, I have stuff that's unopened. It's from Garden Grocer and I could leave it at Bell Services if anyone wants it.
I have 16 water bottles left in the case, 1/2 gallon organic low fat milk, one package of sharp cheddar sliced cheese, store brand, and one package of Hormel Natural Choice Smoked Deli Ham (and also several of those GoGo Squeeze fruit pouches). Like I said, it's all unopened.
If anyone wants it, just reply to this message. Otherwise it's trash in the morning!

Thanks,
Laura
If you don't find anyone to take it, consider donating the water bottles to the Bell Services CMs....I'm sure they'll appreciate it!
Old 08-24-2012, 02:27 PM   #1050
YCFAN

Have you seen my tag?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindydare

If you don't find anyone to take it, consider donating the water bottles to the Bell Services CMs....I'm sure they'll appreciate it!
You beat me to it! That's exactly what I was going to say. Teena posted on here once that those guys really appreciate it.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: