Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2012, 09:29 AM   #91
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
New installment of Lily Goes Live is up: A New World to Conquer: It's a Jungle Out There.

And a shameless plug... especially for you folks from New England... I added pictures from Dee & Ben's Excellent Adventures last week to York's Wild Animal Kingdom, Water Country and Hampton Beach in my ongoing class trip report (Wicked Awesome or Epic Fail). Local adventures are on on page 43.

Click on the link in my signature, or here: Excuses, Excuses: York, Water Country, Hampton Beach

Dee, love the new pics of Lily!!!! And also love your pics! They make me truly miss New England Hampton was the site of many teenage days, including after prom and senior skip day And we spent our summers in Wells, ME and used to go to York all the time. So many memories!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmcadoo66 View Post
Well first day wasn't too bad. We had a great time in EP for the day. It was amazingly low in crowds. The only wait was for Soarin' and it was "only" 50 minutes.

As for the BC, we love it here! SAB was a great way to spend the evening. However, due to rude neighbors, we are having to move rooms today. I don't understand why people are so inconsiderate when staying at a hotel. Not to be gross, but my kids were mortified by the x-rated noises coming from next door! Those connecting doors do not block noise at all people!! I was afraid to turn the tv off for the rest of the night. But in true Disney fashion, the CM was very helpful this morning. I was down there at 6:30 a.m.(thanks to the weather report our delightful neighbors were giving to someone over the phone) and after some searching, they will get us moved this afternoon. We are all packed up and waiting on bell services.

Today's plan is to have breakfast at Cape May and then off to Blizzard Beach until our new room is ready. Then we will clean up and head to MK for the evening. We will have our first fireworks dessert party there and then head back to BC. Well, that's the plan anyway. Hopefully all goes smooth today!
Sorry you had to deal with the x-rated noises, that is just so wrong for a family resort! Now if you were at Hedonism I don't think you would be able to complain I hope the weather holds out for you today and you get to enjoy Blizzard Beach. I am about 3 hours south of Orlando and so far our morning has been completely rained out. Keeping my fingers crossed that you have some sunshine up there!

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 08-06-2012, 09:32 AM   #92
cmcadoo66
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMomx7

Teena - don't worry about Lily crying. I think we all understand a baby crying much more than adults acting like the resort is a frat! We never had a problem in Disney but once when we went to Busch Gardens we were staying on the first floor at Kingsmills Resort and every night the people above us would let their their kids run and jump for hours! Finally one night we call the front desk. Well after the front desk called the family they started jumping even louder! I thought DH's head was going to blow off! Really rude and inconsiderate people. A baby crying at Disney? Goes with the territory.

HAVE A FANTASTIC TIME AT BC CL!!!!!
Teena~I totally agree with Robyn! Children and babies making noise do not bother me at all. I am a mom so I completely understand how children can be and since Disney is a family thing, it is to be expected. My children do not get traumatized by crying babies!! So relax and enjoy your time with Princess Lily. It is going to be a magical time for all of you!

Upcoming: Fantasy 12/13
Previous trips: BCR 7/13, POR 4/13, AoA 02/13, POP 01/13, AoA 11/12, POP 10/12, POR 9/12, BCR 8/12, Magic Eastern 11/11, BCR 7/11, CBR 8/09, Pop 7/08, ASM 6/06, Pop 4/05, Pop 4/04
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-06-2012, 10:12 AM   #93
LittleStinkerbelle
DIS Veteran

Joining in! Thanks for the new thread.

Next up: Disneyland, Spring 2015!

DFTVR - Memories Collection, October 2010 at Conch Key Marina
Old 08-06-2012, 12:31 PM   #94
skepace
Mouseketeer

Thanks Dee for all your hard work on the BC and YC threads. It really helps us newbies get the best information out there.

Speaking of information, any updates on HH? I haven't told my wife yet in hopes it won't be that big of an inconvenience.

I still can't believe we are going. When we booked the trip back in March it was a long shot and now we are! We are going to start getting the costumes for the kids and hide them in the basement since they don't know we are going.

http://shawnpace.myoilproducts.com
Old 08-06-2012, 12:33 PM   #95
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Well first day wasn't too bad. We had a great time in EP for the day. It was amazingly low in crowds. The only wait was for Soarin' and it was "only" 50 minutes.

As for the BC, we love it here! SAB was a great way to spend the evening. However, due to rude neighbors, we are having to move rooms today. I don't understand why people are so inconsiderate when staying at a hotel. Not to be gross, but my kids were mortified by the x-rated noises coming from next door! Those connecting doors do not block noise at all people!! I was afraid to turn the tv off for the rest of the night. But in true Disney fashion, the CM was very helpful this morning. I was down there at 6:30 a.m.(thanks to the weather report our delightful neighbors were giving to someone over the phone) and after some searching, they will get us moved this afternoon. We are all packed up and waiting on bell services.

Today's plan is to have breakfast at Cape May and then off to Blizzard Beach until our new room is ready. Then we will clean up and head to MK for the evening. We will have our first fireworks dessert party there and then head back to BC. Well, that's the plan anyway. Hopefully all goes smooth today!
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Old 08-06-2012, 12:51 PM   #96
TMEF23
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenaS View Post
I've had neighbors like that once in a while. Really? Were they raised in a barn? I'm worried about Lily crying and waking people. It's hard with a one year old and I'm worried sick about it. But we are normally fast in calming her down. Once I had to call security at 2 AM at the Grand Floridian. It sounded like a frat party next door and in the hallways.
I am also really worried about my boys crying and waking everyone up! My husband is super stressed about this, but I told him people will understand. Fingers crossed!!!

Old 08-06-2012, 01:31 PM   #97
MaxTheHorse
Earning My Ears

Quote:

That is why I HATE rooms with connecting doors in any hotel. The noise passes right through. I've checked into rooms and gone right back down to the front desk when I walk in and see a connecting door. Bad news. Always.
Old 08-06-2012, 02:24 PM   #98
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMomx7 View Post
Dee - as always super job! I'm always in awe of your talents!!!

Teena - yippie skippie - BC CL! I already went through the shock of YCFAN at BC - I think you at YC would have been too much for me.

Starting to plan next year's trip. Hopefully the AP rate God's will shine on us.
We plan to be at Disney over the 4th of July. Tentative plan is June 30-July 6 at the GF and then July 8-15 at BC.
No promises, but maybe next summer will be the year! Fingers crossed that we have a trip at the same time. We have had 3 great trips to Florida the second week in July. I have told Ben that the timing would be great for next summer (2 years since his last trip, 2 years until his class trip).

Need to work on the DH a bit- I remember reading some advice about sloggy German beer or something...

We really want to go the Barcelo Riviera Maya in Feb, but so far prices have been outrageous! This is the longest my family has gone without a trip "in the hopper" (booked) in a long time and I DON'T LIKE IT ONE BIT!!!
Old 08-06-2012, 03:11 PM   #99
DisneyMomx7
DIS Veteran

Quote:
No promises, but maybe next summer will be the year! Fingers crossed that we have a trip at the same time. We have had 3 great trips to Florida the second week in July. I have told Ben that the timing would be great for next summer (2 years since his last trip, 2 years until his class trip).

Need to work on the DH a bit- I remember reading some advice about sloggy German beer or something...

We really want to go the Barcelo Riviera Maya in Feb, but so far prices have been outrageous! This is the longest my family has gone without a trip "in the hopper" (booked) in a long time and I DON'T LIKE IT ONE BIT!!!
Forget the Feb trip and go for July!!!!! That would be one heck of a DisMeet - no flat Dee - the real deal!!!!

Our APs expire July 18 so up to that time we are somewhat flexible.
Sounds like a perfect storm!!!!

GF-2003,2004,2005,2006,2008,2009,2011,2013,2014
YC-2006,2007,2008,2014 POLY- 2006,2007,2008
BC-2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013
HRH-2004,2006, RPR-2012, 2014
Old 08-06-2012, 03:15 PM   #100
Couchy
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Ninja mOm and I talked about sloggy German beer. And i am here to tell u it works! Go for it

4 trips as a kid.2002-Westgate, 2004 -Hilton DTD, 2005 -Westgate, 2007 -Royal Sun DTD, 2008 Hilton DTD, April 2011 -Swan, Dec 2011-Dolphin/ Yacht Club , Feb 2012 -Solo@Swan , April 2012-Dolphin with our friends, june/july 2012 - Beach Club
Old 08-06-2012, 03:55 PM   #101
Figaro8398
Mouseketeer

I am loving the pictures of Princess Lily's first visit. I can hardly wait till we take our own little princess...we are booked for the BCV from May 29-June 5. Our princess should be about 8 months old then...unless she decides that she wishes to be born a little bit earlier! We're so excited to take her home and show her our favorite place in the world.

Thanks for starting a new thread!
2009 - POR, 2010 - BCV/VWLEngaged at the Garden Grill
February 2011 - POR Married at Shades of Green, June 2011 - Disneymoon at BCV
March 2012 - POP...then surprise! The BC!!! - The Babymoon
Our little princess's first trip home May 2013 BCV

Last edited by Figaro8398; 08-06-2012 at 04:08 PM.
Old 08-06-2012, 04:22 PM   #102
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couchy View Post
Ninja mOm and I talked about sloggy German beer. And i am here to tell u it works! Go for it
Literally, right?
Old 08-06-2012, 04:45 PM   #103
Couchy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Literally, right?

4 trips as a kid.2002-Westgate, 2004 -Hilton DTD, 2005 -Westgate, 2007 -Royal Sun DTD, 2008 Hilton DTD, April 2011 -Swan, Dec 2011-Dolphin/ Yacht Club , Feb 2012 -Solo@Swan , April 2012-Dolphin with our friends, june/july 2012 - Beach Club
Old 08-06-2012, 04:47 PM   #104
mmtwinmama
Mouseketeer

Freezer?

Hi - my friends are finalizing their GG food/beer order and asked if the refrigerators in the room have the small freezer box. Anyone know? They are debating on getting these frozen margarita pouches to be able to take to the pool.
Old 08-06-2012, 05:04 PM   #105
Feckless
DIS Veteran

Found you!!!!

Dee, I'm on week 4 of eating right - started riding my bike again yesterday, getting ready to start training for the TOT 10 miler (got another 13 or so pounds to go before my knees can handle the running!), so.... ADD ME to the list for September 2013! I'm coming for sure. Whether or not DH will come is still up in the air! But DD will be almost 13 and DS 11 then (and are very independent anyway) so I can surely manage on my own.

X-rated noises nobody wants to hear at Disney, but children crying or making noise is to be expected. Babies crying, well, I was just happy it wasn't one of mine and I wasn't responsible for looking after him or her!!!! LOL

Latest TR in progress: FROM SUNSTROKE TO A CONCUSSION: a Yacht Club Disney "Trip" to Remember http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post50508748

SMILES, SAND AND SUNSTROKE: A May 2012 Beach Club Trip of a Lifetime! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2927334

First Pre-Trip Report: From the North Atlantic to the World http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post43102751
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: