Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2012, 06:35 AM   #991
deegack
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma

Invasion of the pod people- I mean machines. The in-room coffee makers are no longer the Mr. Coffee type, they are the Cuisinart pods. This will be a huge adjustment for me!
Is this at bcv as well? I may have to adjust my grocery order...
Old 08-23-2012, 06:40 AM   #992
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by deegack View Post
Is this at bcv as well? I may have to adjust my grocery order...
No. As far as I know, it is still the Mr. Coffee-type machines at BCV. 4 cup in the studios and 10 cup in the 1BR and 2BR.

DVC friends- please correct me if I am wrong.

To further complicate matters, I think the Deluxe Rooms at the resorts have the K-cup machines.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-23-2012, 07:37 AM   #993
ddluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Mom View Post
OH MY!! Which Noodle did you wind up marrying? You seem to have the hots for that purple one!!! Maybe you are a Mormon and you believe in Noodle-polygamy so you started out with 4. In any case, CONGRATULATIONS and the Noodles are very lucky to have you... (or is that the other way around??)

IN NM News my Mom is home from the hospital. We are trying to make her as comfortable as possible and trying to work around my Dad's emerging dementia. Fun times!

Since I've been busy attending to family matters I haven't had a chance to chime in on the last seventy-teen pages so I'll give it a shot now. It's too much work to actually go back and quote the posts so I'll just give my replies here and the rest of you can sort it out.

First, I'm sorry. About what I'm not sure but I know I am sorry. Next I think that's GREAT! If you had something that was great, I'm probably talking about YOU! The answer was $15 -$20 or hot dogs, just pick the one that's the closest to your needs. Then, the direction that I take is: AK to mini golf to the Hess Station, THEN to DTD! On the way back I go by helicopter. It's quite expensive and noisy but tipping is not usually necessary, so I'm saving there. For those of you going on a trip soon HAVE A GREAT ONE! For those of you just back from a trip, get off the ledge and back in the building! You can always go again so you'll be back in no time. Finally, I too am glad you shared that. It doesn't matter what was shared, the important thing was that sharing occurred, so keep it going!

I think that about covers it. I can't tell you how much all of your posts are keeping me sane during this crazy, difficult time. Keep 'em coming!

~NM
You crack me up!!!
Sorry about your family issues.
February 2014*December 2013*October2013 F&W *September 2013*July 2013-Our condo.*April 2013- Our condo!!*April 2012- Sheraton Vistana*August 2011-Poly & HRH/CL Mom's 40th B-Day*November 2010- Bonnet Creek* August 2010-BC/CL & HRH/CL Mom's B-Day trip* April 2009- Orange Lake Resort* August 2008- GF/CL (Anniversary trip kid free)*April 2008- Orange Lake Resort* June 2007- Orange Lake Resort(2DS b-day trip)* April 2005- Orange Lake Resort* May 1995- CBR (honeymoon)* April 1988 off property* July 1978 off property
Old 08-23-2012, 07:40 AM   #994
ddluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

Pinkgirl:Congrats on your wedding!!
Your dress was stunning!!!
February 2014*December 2013*October2013 F&W *September 2013*July 2013-Our condo.*April 2013- Our condo!!*April 2012- Sheraton Vistana*August 2011-Poly & HRH/CL Mom's 40th B-Day*November 2010- Bonnet Creek* August 2010-BC/CL & HRH/CL Mom's B-Day trip* April 2009- Orange Lake Resort* August 2008- GF/CL (Anniversary trip kid free)*April 2008- Orange Lake Resort* June 2007- Orange Lake Resort(2DS b-day trip)* April 2005- Orange Lake Resort* May 1995- CBR (honeymoon)* April 1988 off property* July 1978 off property
Old 08-23-2012, 07:53 AM   #995
gwynne
DIS Veteran

natebenma, Glad the link was helpful!

The only universal answer I know for the coffee situation is Via. We travel frequently, and other places besides Disney hotels are in transition, too. I'm very happy just about everyplace with my little tubes of Via.

ninja mom, I know you have a lot on your plate these days. Just wanted to send along a caring thought as you work through a very tough situation.
Even during this challenging time, your wonderful sense of humor comes through on your posts. Those directions, including a helicopter, were too funny!

And finally, it's 41 days 'till I hear, Welcome Home!!!
Old 08-23-2012, 08:28 AM   #996
kelleigh1
Disney Baby
I sleep with Pooh & Mickey
Kicked off the school bus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkgirl View Post
Thank you for all of your lovely comments everyone

We had a fantastic day with only 15 minutes of rain during our photoshoot around the resorts.

The only downside of the day was our meal tonight at Yachtsman Steakhouse. First they did not know it was our Wedding Meal (hmm strange as I can see it quite clearly on my side of the booking). I was in a seat at the window and was getting no cooling from the AC and started to overheat, I ended up sitting outside the restaurant and the manager brought me a cold cloth. I had left my filet after two bites and when I went back was asked if I would like it re-heating. I said yes and the server brought it back out to me in a takeout box not really a lot of use! We had dessert and left soon after with our undrunk bottle of wine. The service and food at Captain's Grille was far nicer last night.
That stinks! Our wedding night dinner wasn't the best either. We were married in Jamaica. First...we didn't want the "pre-set" wedding menu, which we had told them in advance, but the waiter was all ready to bring us that. So I corrected him and told him that's not what we wanted. They had nicely printed wedding menus for us with our names on them. They misspelled hubby's name, yet they got my name and our last name correct. (Hubby is Michael. I am Raquel and our last name is Italian, but not very common, so very odd that the one they messed up was the easiest and most common.) We also dined with the in-laws. It was a destination wedding and they were the only guests. MIL had spent far too much time in the sun earlier in the day (as usual) and she was burned and didn't feel well so she only ordered a salad and then didn't eat a bite. Complained pretty much the entire time too. And FIL, he must have spent 10 minutes talking to the waiter going over exactly what he wanted (pasta with oil and garlic...that's it).

So frustrating, so I know exactly how you feel. Hopefully everything else has gone smoothly and you're having a fantastic time.

Btw...I didn't know you were marrying the Noodles.

Childless doesn't mean that we're not a family. MLA RLA

Old 08-23-2012, 09:15 AM   #997
DT83097
DIS Veteran

Another HH update - at SAB now and they have a hot dog cart near arcade - guy said it will be avail during rehab and grab and go will be inside arcade. Can fill mugs at Beaches &Cream

Aug 1997 CBR; 2000 CSR; April 2002 Offsite; April 2007 Poly ; Aug 2007 CBR
Aug 2009 Poly; Sept 2010 YC; Sept 2011 Poly; Aug 2012 YC ;Feb 2013 BLT; Sept 2013 BC
Old 08-23-2012, 09:49 AM   #998
skepace
Mouseketeer

Side note, anyone used any of the WDW apps for the iPhone that are out there?

Thanks!

http://shawnpace.myoilproducts.com
Old 08-23-2012, 09:53 AM   #999
Tisha_PA
DIS Veteran

I've been meaning to post these on here forever but never seem to find the time. When we stayed at BC in March, we were upgraded to a 2 bedroom suite - room 3637. These are some quick pics I took on my cell phone when we first got in the room:

Master bedroom with a king bed:

Bathroom that goes with the master bedroom - there's also a dresser and large closet that doesn't show in the pic:

Living room - there's also a mini kitchen area that doesn't show in the pic:

Bedroom #2 for the kids:

Bathroom #2:

View:

The kids bedroom overlooked the courtyard in the back but I didn't get any pictures of it.
Old 08-23-2012, 10:50 AM   #1000
georgiasmom
Mouseketeer

Watching Isaac closely. Looks like we will have some of him Monday/Tuesday. Hope he takes all the rain with him when he leaves so the rest of the week is good weather!
Old 08-23-2012, 11:28 AM   #1001
wendywoo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tisha_PA View Post
I've been meaning to post these on here forever but never seem to find the time. When we stayed at BC in March, we were upgraded to a 2 bedroom suite - room 3637. These are some quick pics I took on my cell phone when we first got in the room:

The kids bedroom overlooked the courtyard in the back but I didn't get any pictures of it.
Beautiful!! Thank you!! That is my dream upgrade!! Hope you guys had an amazing time!!
Old 08-23-2012, 11:36 AM   #1002
MaxTheHorse
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiasmom View Post
Watching Isaac closely. Looks like we will have some of him Monday/Tuesday. Hope he takes all the rain with him when he leaves so the rest of the week is good weather!
Tropical Storm Joyce not far behind, but looks to be tracking north into the Atlantic. I came across this interactive map which some other may find useful (or stress-inducing): http://www.palmbeachpost.com/s/weather/hurricanes/
Old 08-23-2012, 01:25 PM   #1003
MaxTheHorse
Earning My Ears

Another noodle note...a user from another chat board (touringplans.com Lines app) said they had extra noodles and left them under the name "Noodle Family" at YC bell services today. This is separate from the ones rediscovered a few replies back, I believe.
Old 08-23-2012, 02:35 PM   #1004
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkgirl View Post
Thank you for all of your lovely comments everyone

We had a fantastic day with only 15 minutes of rain during our photoshoot around the resorts.

The only downside of the day was our meal tonight at Yachtsman Steakhouse. First they did not know it was our Wedding Meal (hmm strange as I can see it quite clearly on my side of the booking). I was in a seat at the window and was getting no cooling from the AC and started to overheat, I ended up sitting outside the restaurant and the manager brought me a cold cloth. I had left my filet after two bites and when I went back was asked if I would like it re-heating. I said yes and the server brought it back out to me in a takeout box not really a lot of use! We had dessert and left soon after with our undrunk bottle of wine. The service and food at Captain's Grille was far nicer last night.
I am so sorry that your meal was so disappointing, that is just horrible! I hope someone there tries to make it right for you, not that they really can seeing as it was such a special occasion. I hope that everything else is going wonderful and your are enjoying your first married day together

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Mom View Post
OH MY!! Which Noodle did you wind up marrying? You seem to have the hots for that purple one!!! Maybe you are a Mormon and you believe in Noodle-polygamy so you started out with 4. In any case, CONGRATULATIONS and the Noodles are very lucky to have you... (or is that the other way around??)

IN NM News my Mom is home from the hospital. We are trying to make her as comfortable as possible and trying to work around my Dad's emerging dementia. Fun times!

Since I've been busy attending to family matters I haven't had a chance to chime in on the last seventy-teen pages so I'll give it a shot now. It's too much work to actually go back and quote the posts so I'll just give my replies here and the rest of you can sort it out.

First, I'm sorry. About what I'm not sure but I know I am sorry. Next I think that's GREAT! If you had something that was great, I'm probably talking about YOU! The answer was $15 -$20 or hot dogs, just pick the one that's the closest to your needs. Then, the direction that I take is: AK to mini golf to the Hess Station, THEN to DTD! On the way back I go by helicopter. It's quite expensive and noisy but tipping is not usually necessary, so I'm saving there. For those of you going on a trip soon HAVE A GREAT ONE! For those of you just back from a trip, get off the ledge and back in the building! You can always go again so you'll be back in no time. Finally, I too am glad you shared that. It doesn't matter what was shared, the important thing was that sharing occurred, so keep it going!

I think that about covers it. I can't tell you how much all of your posts are keeping me sane during this crazy, difficult time. Keep 'em coming!

~NM
You truly amaze me!!! With everything going on in your life, you still are hilarious Glad to hear your mom is well enough to be home, but I cant even imagine trying to deal with everything on your plate right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post
natebenma, Glad the link was helpful!

The only universal answer I know for the coffee situation is Via. We travel frequently, and other places besides Disney hotels are in transition, too. I'm very happy just about everyplace with my little tubes of Via.

ninja mom, I know you have a lot on your plate these days. Just wanted to send along a caring thought as you work through a very tough situation.
Even during this challenging time, your wonderful sense of humor comes through on your posts. Those directions, including a helicopter, were too funny!

And finally, it's 41 days 'till I hear, Welcome Home!!!
I actually just bought a travel Keurig so that I can enjoy my coffee everywhere I go

Quote:
Originally Posted by skepace View Post
Side note, anyone used any of the WDW apps for the iPhone that are out there?

Thanks!
I have both Mobile Magic and My Disney Experience, but havent used either in the park yet. I have heard that MDE is replacing MM, and I really do like the functions so far. I wish that I could pull my existing reservations on it though.

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 08-23-2012, 02:50 PM   #1005
NHKristy76
Senior Mousketeer

I'm here!!! I'm here!!! I'm finally here!!!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: