Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2012, 07:41 PM   #976
YCFAN

Have you seen my tag?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkgirl
Noodles!

[/IMG]
Love it!!!!
Old 08-22-2012, 07:55 PM   #977
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJD2143 View Post
I've been MIA from the DIS for a while....
But since we arrive at the Beach Club Villas in exactly 31 days, I thought I better catch up on all the latest - and this thread is my first stop!

Plus it's my first post from the Disboards app! Lovin it!

So...new RFID locks on the doors...new Fastpass policy....what else is new in the past 5 months? LOL!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Invasion of the pod people- I mean machines. The in-room coffee makers are no longer the Mr. Coffee type, they are the Cuisinart pods. This will be a huge adjustment for me!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-22-2012, 08:13 PM   #978
gonemousin'
Mouse-a-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkgirl View Post
Noodles!

[IMG][/IMG]
Pinkgirl - it was definitely you we saw this afternoon on your way to do pictures on the beach! I hope you had a fabulous day. You looked gorgeous. Loved your vibrant bouquet of flowers!
6/80 Offsite, 7/90 Poly, 8/95 Offsite, 5/05 ASMo, 12/05 Grand Floridian, 8/06 Pop Century, 9/07 Pop Century, 8/09 Disney Magic & Contemporary, 5/11 Disney Wonder Alaska, 8/12 Beach Club, 8/14 Beach Club
Old 08-22-2012, 09:21 PM   #979
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Congrats Pinkgirl!! Hope the rest of your stay is magical!!
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Old 08-22-2012, 09:33 PM   #980
Pinkgirl
DIS Veteran

Thank you for all of your lovely comments everyone

We had a fantastic day with only 15 minutes of rain during our photoshoot around the resorts.

The only downside of the day was our meal tonight at Yachtsman Steakhouse. First they did not know it was our Wedding Meal (hmm strange as I can see it quite clearly on my side of the booking). I was in a seat at the window and was getting no cooling from the AC and started to overheat, I ended up sitting outside the restaurant and the manager brought me a cold cloth. I had left my filet after two bites and when I went back was asked if I would like it re-heating. I said yes and the server brought it back out to me in a takeout box not really a lot of use! We had dessert and left soon after with our undrunk bottle of wine. The service and food at Captain's Grille was far nicer last night.
Old 08-22-2012, 09:36 PM   #981
DT83097
DIS Veteran

Got Bounceback flyer in room today - Book 5 night/6 day Mahic Your Way pkg at select Deluxe or Deluxe Villa resorts and get Free Dining for stays most nights 8/18-9/26 of 2013

Aug 1997 CBR; 2000 CSR; April 2002 Offsite; April 2007 Poly ; Aug 2007 CBR
Aug 2009 Poly; Sept 2010 YC; Sept 2011 Poly; Aug 2012 YC ;Feb 2013 BLT; Sept 2013 BC
CSR Feb 2014-upgraded to YC! ; June 2014 GF
Old 08-22-2012, 09:42 PM   #982
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DT83097
Got Bounceback flyer in room today - Book 5 night/6 day Mahic Your Way pkg at select Deluxe or Deluxe Villa resorts and get Free Dining for stays most nights 8/18-9/26 of 2013
Don't they already typically have free dining then??
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Old 08-22-2012, 09:53 PM   #983
DT83097
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977

Don't they already typically have free dining then??
Yeah - it seems like that is similar to dates they are doing this year. I'd much rather have a room discount!

Aug 1997 CBR; 2000 CSR; April 2002 Offsite; April 2007 Poly ; Aug 2007 CBR
Aug 2009 Poly; Sept 2010 YC; Sept 2011 Poly; Aug 2012 YC ;Feb 2013 BLT; Sept 2013 BC
CSR Feb 2014-upgraded to YC! ; June 2014 GF
Old 08-22-2012, 09:55 PM   #984
Ninja Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Noodles!

[IMG][/IMG]
OH MY!! Which Noodle did you wind up marrying? You seem to have the hots for that purple one!!! Maybe you are a Mormon and you believe in Noodle-polygamy so you started out with 4. In any case, CONGRATULATIONS and the Noodles are very lucky to have you... (or is that the other way around??)

IN NM News my Mom is home from the hospital. We are trying to make her as comfortable as possible and trying to work around my Dad's emerging dementia. Fun times!

Since I've been busy attending to family matters I haven't had a chance to chime in on the last seventy-teen pages so I'll give it a shot now. It's too much work to actually go back and quote the posts so I'll just give my replies here and the rest of you can sort it out.

First, I'm sorry. About what I'm not sure but I know I am sorry. Next I think that's GREAT! If you had something that was great, I'm probably talking about YOU! The answer was $15 -$20 or hot dogs, just pick the one that's the closest to your needs. Then, the direction that I take is: AK to mini golf to the Hess Station, THEN to DTD! On the way back I go by helicopter. It's quite expensive and noisy but tipping is not usually necessary, so I'm saving there. For those of you going on a trip soon HAVE A GREAT ONE! For those of you just back from a trip, get off the ledge and back in the building! You can always go again so you'll be back in no time. Finally, I too am glad you shared that. It doesn't matter what was shared, the important thing was that sharing occurred, so keep it going!

I think that about covers it. I can't tell you how much all of your posts are keeping me sane during this crazy, difficult time. Keep 'em coming!

~NM

Last edited by Ninja Mom; 08-22-2012 at 10:03 PM.
Old 08-22-2012, 10:24 PM   #985
Steph H
That Loud Redhead

Pinkgirl!! LOVE the picture!! Congrats on your wedding, and thank you for making me smile with the noodle picture.

YCFAN, congrats on the new job!! That is truly a blessing, and I'm so happy to be able to "share" it with you.

To everyone else--I am diligently working to keep up with this thread. I love reading all the updates and the excitement of upcoming trips! It is HARD to keep up, though--this is a very active group!!

Someone mentioned Narcoose's and I just have to add this: Just a couple of days ago, I was looking for some old papers and I came across the packet of Disney memoribilia I had saved from our first trip 7 years ago. It was so fun to look over the pins and photos and just the silly trinkets I'd kept. One special item really made me smile: on that trip, we ate at Narcoose's on my birthday. They print the menus daily, and a little birdy (actually, a friend of mine who is a CM) let them know about my special day, and they actually printed at the bottom of the menu that day, "Happy 34th birthday, Stephanie!" I had actually forgotten about it until we found that packet over the weekend. It made me warm and fuzzy and I can't WAIT to go back to Disney for more special magic.

Have a great day, everyone!!

GF Sugarloaf 10/05
YC CL 12/12

Trip Report: Yacht Club December 2012, How I Survived Disneyworld on Weight Watchers
Old 08-23-2012, 05:55 AM   #986
MMrules
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyT View Post
Thanks MMrules and DT83097 for sharing your frustration with the bus transportation. If you have followed our previous threads you will know many of our Y&BC regulars are not 'fans' of the bus system. MK is a hit or miss. The DTD route is the worst with AK route following with the second place honor. I leave negative feedback on every survey possible. Only when enough people do this will it change. I refuse to take the bus to DTD. And remember. This is not just a Y&BC problem but also a problem for Swan, Dolphin, and BWI (and all the deluxe's for that matter as they all share).

That being said my absolute worst bus experience ever was one trip we took to my 'other' beloved resort, The Wilderness Lodge. Everywhere we went (except MK) that trip it took forever. It got to be a joke when when we were leaving HS or AK that it would be easier to walk. Not sure if it was timing or just a glitch. And yep. I completed my survey that trip also.

I do hate that it seemed real bad this time. Hope this is not a trend or another Disney cost cutting move.

Once again thanks for sharing and do not feel snotty. We welcome all feedback here.
Thank you for the support and kind words. Like I have mentioned before I never complain when I am at DIsney (or very few other places for that matter) as I am a conflict avoider at all times. It was just very frustrating this trip for sure. We have DVC (fairly new members) and this trip made me feel conflicted about buying such a huge purchase. It feels like WDW has been making lots of cutbacks for the consumer, but still raising their prices to get less. I realize that we are in a lousy economy, but it is still disappointing. I noticed a different feel within the parks too. Everyone is probably very overworked, less staff, less happy faces waiting on you. THe restrooms weren't as clean as years past, as well as some of the rides or pavillions. Never mind the dining plan issues...no more being able to walk up to a restaurant when you are hungry and placing your name. It is now a 6 month plan where your day is arranged around that reservation, and us regular folks who don't eat that much in one day, now need to pay extra for our meals to make up the difference (or so it seems, the prices of meals is too high IMO).

I will say that my 2 visits to WL I had excellent transportation and never had to wait for buses (course I didn't go to DTD). As a family, we usually don't go there b/c it is just shopping, but my SIL wants to go practically every night (we only joined them 2 times and the 2nd time the bus was better so that made me hopeful for the future).

Thanks for letting me vent. I am hoping it was just me this trip and not the direction WDW is headed. It is truly my happy place that makes me feel like I am a kid for the short time that I am there. I would hate to lose that magical feeling...then I would have to be an adult all the time

97-CBR, 98-CBR, 03-BC,04-DCL, 06-CBR, 07-AKL, 09-CBR, 11-WL (solo trip) BCV (1st DVC member trip) AKV, 12-WL, BCV, BWV 13-BWV 14-VWL

Old 08-23-2012, 05:58 AM   #987
MMrules
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Noodles!

[IMG][/IMG]
What a beautiful bride!!! Best wishes to you and your new groom

97-CBR, 98-CBR, 03-BC,04-DCL, 06-CBR, 07-AKL, 09-CBR, 11-WL (solo trip) BCV (1st DVC member trip) AKV, 12-WL, BCV, BWV 13-BWV 14-VWL

Old 08-23-2012, 06:16 AM   #988
MickeyT
DIS Veteran

OK MMrules. You know the old saying about the horse that throws you. Gotta get right back on!

Old 08-23-2012, 06:29 AM   #989
K&C
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Invasion of the pod people- I mean machines. The in-room coffee makers are no longer the Mr. Coffee type, they are the Cuisinart pods. This will be a huge adjustment for me!
Nooo!! We stayed at the Grand Califorinian in July and they had the Cuisinart machines and the coffee was vile.

Any ideas what coffee I can buy that is decent and will fit these machines?
Old 08-23-2012, 06:33 AM   #990
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysmom View Post
I can not wait for the next 30 days to fly by and we will be at the Yacht Club for the very 1st time. We usually stay at the Beach Club, but thought we'd try the Yacht Club to celebrate my big 40th birthday. Hope we like it just as much!! All the planning is done and all I need to do is pack Getting so excited!!

I didn't see you on the Be Our Guest list, so I will add you for September.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatalieMT View Post
Thankyou! We will be at the BC from 27th August to 5th September. Just changed all my currency today so it's getting more and more real that we leave in just a few days!
Thanks for the clarification on your dates. Have a fantastic trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danauk View Post
Hi everyone, I have read a lot of this thread and have read some great info, thanks.

DH and I are thinking of trying the Yacht Club on our next stay. I was going to book a garden view as I didn't want to pay the extra for a water view room and just get a view of a quiet pool instead of Stormalong Bay/Lake view. But then I have been reading that garden views could also be a view of roof tops and road ways. Is there anything I can request when booking a garden view in the hopes of not getting a view of roof tops? Or should I just pay the extra and pay for a water view room? I do like to use the balcony when at WDW to have breakfast on or a drink of wine in the evening so appreciate a nice view. One of the reasons I have decided on the YC over the BC is getting a full balcony.

I know any requests are just that, requests, but any tips or suggestions would be great. Thanks.

Let us know when your trip is booked!

A previous poster made an excellent suggestion about the view request for YC GV: wedding gazebo view. And if your request is not honored, you can always ask at checkin if there is something available better suited to your request.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post
I use this site to ballpark fares. Looks like around 15.00 or so, depending on traffic.

http://www.taxifarefinder.com/main.p...owntown+Disney
Thanks for posting this. I took a look and I really like it! I added a link to "Transportation" section in Post 1.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: