Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2012, 09:50 AM   #946
ddluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma

We always take the bus from the BC to MK (we are at the bus stop at 7:30 to reach the 8 AM EMH opening show), but we use the monorail to get back to the BC in the afternoon. It is a really pleasant ride (Yes, Nate, the monorail is TOO a ride) and then we hit a couple of attractions on the way back to the resort, or check on FPs to use if we are returning to EPCOT that evening.

This sounds exactly what we did when we stayed at BC too!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
February 2014*December 2013*October2013 F&W *September 2013*July 2013-Our condo.*April 2013- Our condo!!*April 2012- Sheraton Vistana*August 2011-Poly & HRH/CL Mom's 40th B-Day*November 2010- Bonnet Creek* August 2010-BC/CL & HRH/CL Mom's B-Day trip* April 2009- Orange Lake Resort* August 2008- GF/CL (Anniversary trip kid free)*April 2008- Orange Lake Resort* June 2007- Orange Lake Resort(2DS b-day trip)* April 2005- Orange Lake Resort* May 1995- CBR (honeymoon)* April 1988 off property* July 1978 off property
Old 08-22-2012, 09:54 AM   #947
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masonmj84 View Post
Has anyone ever tried the strategy of taking the boat from DTD to POFQ, then taking a bus from there to the entrance of Epcot, then walking back to BC.

Probably wouldn't be much shorter time-wise but, I'm thinking it would be more pleasant and interesting.

See a few posts above this one!

That is my exact strategy for avoiding those awful DTD return buses.

Here are the two posts from my TR where we did this.

July 2010

July 2009

(We actually took the boat to OKW the first time and SSR the second)- others have followed this recommendation and it generally gets good reviews!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-22-2012, 10:01 AM   #948
kelleigh1
Disney Baby
I sleep with Pooh & Mickey
Kicked off the school bus

Quote:
Has anyone ever tried the strategy of taking the boat from DTD to POFQ, then taking a bus from there to the entrance of Epcot, then walking back to BC.

Probably wouldn't be much shorter time-wise but, I'm thinking it would be more pleasant and interesting.
The boat ride from DTD to POFQ is just so nice that even with the longer time, I think it would be worth it. That was one of my favorite things about POFQ...although I loved the resort anyway.

Childless doesn't mean that we're not a family. MLA RLA

Old 08-22-2012, 10:08 AM   #949
mariamouse
Believes in the magic!!
Should know the difference between the Tag Fairy and Tinkerbell!!! ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
We always take the bus from the BC to MK (we are at the bus stop at 7:30 to reach the 8 AM EMH opening show), but we use the monorail to get back to the BC in the afternoon. It is a really pleasant ride (Yes, Nate, the monorail is TOO a ride) and then we hit a couple of attractions on the way back to the resort, or check on FPs to use if we are returning to EPCOT that evening.
We always do this too! Strolling through the World Showcase at night is so beautiful en route to the International Gateway.

And everyone needs to look at my ticker! Mickey is about to finally step foot at the BCV!
GF GV- January 2014, BCV- January 2013, GF LV- December 2011, AKL PV & GF GV- February 2007, BWI WV CL- February 2006, AKL SV- February 2005, Polynesian GV- February 2004, WL WV & Polynesian GV- November 2002, BC GV- February 2002, CR GV- February 2001, POFQ- February 1996, CBR- February 1994
Old 08-22-2012, 10:14 AM   #950
BCV23

Loves the magic of the trains
Would enjoy a magical meal at the castle
Loves the name Hatuey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 333disneymom View Post
You can make requests for BCV, but they are not guaranteed. You can't request an Epcot view. From what I understand, you can request a pool view, woods view or (I think) courtyard view.
This is a guess but I think the problem with requesting Epcot view is that too many people were expecting a view of Spaceship Earth. Only one side of one wing has that view.

However, it is possible to request Epcot side. I do it all the time including just yesterday when I changed our March dates a bit. Although it is just a request, until a couple years ago we were lucky enough to get it almost every time we requested it. When our DD is with us, we need a 2 BR accessible villa which means pool view so we really enjoy the other side when we just need a one BR.

Count us as another family who never takes a bus to DTD. We always drive the rental car there.

mariamouse, have fun at BCV!
Old 08-22-2012, 10:27 AM   #951
Danauk
I would be sitting on the patio of the Fontana bar at the Bellagio hotel in Las Vegas watching the dancing fountains on a warm balmy night whilst sipping vintage Champagne

Hi everyone, I have read a lot of this thread and have read some great info, thanks.

DH and I are thinking of trying the Yacht Club on our next stay. I was going to book a garden view as I didn't want to pay the extra for a water view room and just get a view of a quiet pool instead of Stormalong Bay/Lake view. But then I have been reading that garden views could also be a view of roof tops and road ways. Is there anything I can request when booking a garden view in the hopes of not getting a view of roof tops? Or should I just pay the extra and pay for a water view room? I do like to use the balcony when at WDW to have breakfast on or a drink of wine in the evening so appreciate a nice view. One of the reasons I have decided on the YC over the BC is getting a full balcony.

I know any requests are just that, requests, but any tips or suggestions would be great. Thanks.
Disneyland Paris: Aug 1998 (off site - honeymoon), Easter 2004 (Hotel New York), Feb 2005 (off site), April 2008 (Hotel New York), October 2008 (Disneyland Hotel), November 2008 (Hotel New York), August 2013, Halloween 2013, New Year 2013/4, August 2014, New Year 2014/15 WDW: August 2003 (Beach Club Villas - 5th anniversary), Christmas/New Year 2005/6 (Beach Club Villas), August 2009 (Animal Kingdom Lodge savanna view - 11th anniversary) Disneyland: August 2008 (Grand Californian, theme park view - 10th anniversary)
Old 08-22-2012, 10:30 AM   #952
georgiasmom
Mouseketeer

I have room on an Illuminations Cruise on September 1st. It's my family and another from the DISBOARDS. She has the reservation. It leave at 8:00. We have room for 3 people and the cost will be $115 total.

Let me know if you want to join us

Amy
Old 08-22-2012, 10:40 AM   #953
mariamouse
Believes in the magic!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCV23 View Post
This is a guess but I think the problem with requesting Epcot view is that too many people were expecting a view of Spaceship Earth. Only one side of one wing has that view.

However, it is possible to request Epcot side. I do it all the time including just yesterday when I changed our March dates a bit. Although it is just a request, until a couple years ago we were lucky enough to get it almost every time we requested it. When our DD is with us, we need a 2 BR accessible villa which means pool view so we really enjoy the other side when we just need a one BR.

Count us as another family who never takes a bus to DTD. We always drive the rental car there.

mariamouse, have fun at BCV!
Thank you so much, BCV23! You are always so incredibly helpful. It sounds like you also prefer the Epcot side, so maybe this is the way to go-- although it really sounds like we cannot go too wrong wherever we end up! Thanks again for the information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danauk View Post
Hi everyone, I have read a lot of this thread and have read some great info, thanks.

DH and I are thinking of trying the Yacht Club on our next stay. I was going to book a garden view as I didn't want to pay the extra for a water view room and just get a view of a quiet pool instead of Stormalong Bay/Lake view. But then I have been reading that garden views could also be a view of roof tops and road ways. Is there anything I can request when booking a garden view in the hopes of not getting a view of roof tops? Or should I just pay the extra and pay for a water view room? I do like to use the balcony when at WDW to have breakfast on or a drink of wine in the evening so appreciate a nice view. One of the reasons I have decided on the YC over the BC is getting a full balcony.

I know any requests are just that, requests, but any tips or suggestions would be great. Thanks.
Although we have never stayed at the YC (only the BC), I have read a lot of rave reviews about the YC garden view rooms facing the wedding gazebo. If you request this and receive it, I definitely think you would be happy (and would not be facing any roofs)! I do think there are enough decent garden view rooms at the YC that you should be fine-- if worse comes to worse, you could request to switch out of a room with a bad view-- but might consider upgrading to water view if you truly do intend to use the balcony a lot. Hopefully others can chime in with their thoughts.
GF GV- January 2014, BCV- January 2013, GF LV- December 2011, AKL PV & GF GV- February 2007, BWI WV CL- February 2006, AKL SV- February 2005, Polynesian GV- February 2004, WL WV & Polynesian GV- November 2002, BC GV- February 2002, CR GV- February 2001, POFQ- February 1996, CBR- February 1994
Old 08-22-2012, 12:00 PM   #954
PaulaSB12
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I would rather take the bus back to Hollywood studios and take the boat back to the Beach Club.
Old 08-22-2012, 12:33 PM   #955
TwistGrl101
DIS Veteran

Quick hurricane question: if the hurricane does indeed hit Disney, will BC have activities going on for the kids in the Solarium? I have read that during hurricanes, other posters have been confined to their rooms for 24 hours. Is this true for deluxe hotels, or do they alllow guests to roam the lobby, etc? We fly in tomorrow, so I'm just trying to be on the safe side if Isaac does come through!
Old 08-22-2012, 12:34 PM   #956
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulaSB12

I would rather take the bus back to Hollywood studios and take the boat back to the Beach Club.
Do you mean the bus from DTD to HS? I didn't think they ran from the parks to DTD. Am I wrong?
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Old 08-22-2012, 12:39 PM   #957
VAfamily1998
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistGrl101 View Post
Quick hurricane question: if the hurricane does indeed hit Disney, will BC have activities going on for the kids in the Solarium? I have read that during hurricanes, other posters have been confined to their rooms for 24 hours. Is this true for deluxe hotels, or do they alllow guests to roam the lobby, etc? We fly in tomorrow, so I'm just trying to be on the safe side if Isaac does come through!

Confined to their rooms? How do people eat?
Old 08-22-2012, 12:39 PM   #958
mariamouse
Believes in the magic!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
Do you mean the bus from DTD to HS? I didn't think they ran from the parks to DTD. Am I wrong?
I think she was referring to the fact that instead of taking the bus to Epcot from POFQ and then having to walk all the way through Epcot to get back to the BC/YC, she would prefer to take the bus to DHS and then boat to the BC/YC from there (thereby eliminating walking).

Rt 1: DTD--> boat to POFQ--> bus to EPCOT--> walk through EPCOT to resort
Rt 2: DTD--> boat to POFQ--> bus to DHS--> boat/walk from DHS to resort

I do not know whether or not the buses travel between the parks and DHS since we never go there. But I would assume that they do?
Old 08-22-2012, 01:17 PM   #959
gonemousin'
Mouse-a-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by skepace View Post
With all of the bus issues, has anyone taken the monorail from Epcot to MK? Just wondering how that is.
We've been doing this all week in the afternoons. Doesn't work in the morning if you're trying to hit MK rope drop unless Epcot has an early opening. We find it to be a very pleasant way to get to MK.

Just thought I'd update everyone to let them know that I saw Pinkgirl as she, DH and DD were walking under the Jib slide on the sidewalk - looked like they were heading toward the beach area for wedding pictures. She looked beautiful in her wedding gown (I'm assuming it was her...it was about 1pm) and my girls (who were headed to the slide) were so excited to see a pretty bride. Pinkgirl - congratulations and many happy years of wedded bliss to you and your DH.

Enjoying our stay at the BC this week.
6/80 Offsite, 7/90 Poly, 8/95 Offsite, 5/05 ASMo, 12/05 Grand Floridian, 8/06 Pop Century, 9/07 Pop Century, 8/09 Disney Magic & Contemporary, 5/11 Disney Wonder Alaska, 8/12 Beach Club, 8/14 Beach Club
Old 08-22-2012, 03:10 PM   #960
PaulaSB12
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
Sorry I did this at work, no I meant the bus to POFQ then the bus to hollywood studios then the boat.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: