Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2012, 08:05 AM   #931
natebenma
DIS Veteran

To everyone returning from recent trips who have had problems with buses, chair hogs, cleanliness or other issues- I just want to say sorry for the issues you have experienced.

As much as I hate to hear these disappointing reports, it is very important that you share your experiences, positive and negative, about your stay.

Thanks for letting us know about your trips, and as MickeyT says, please please please write to Disney and/or the Yacht & Beach Club General manager about your concerns!
Old 08-22-2012, 08:09 AM   #932
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott MC View Post
It's so nice to know now that we have two resorts that we love and feel welcome at! Thanks to all on this thread who help make it so informative and friendly!

Oh! And DP and I made 2 new contributions to the noodle family. We donated a pink one and a purple one which I marked with the names of our 2 cats, Grace and Henry. If you get one of those noodles... Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Awesome views!!!

Thanks for the noodle contributions. It sounds like these two noodles were seperated from the new herd formed by Pinkgirl. Are they under the name Grace and Henry Noodle, or just Grace and Henry?

Enjoy the rest of your trip.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-22-2012, 08:17 AM   #933
KJay
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMrules View Post
I am not bashing by any means...Disney is my happy place and overall the vacation was wonderful. I have never complained about buses or other issues on any disboards as I am very easy to please....this was just a few things that were disappointing compared to beach club stays past. You will have a great time as the CM's, beauty of the hotal and SAB make up for the negatives. I hope you have perfect bus rides and luck finding chairs
I'm sorry, I hope it didn't seem like I was talking about your post- rather, a few posts on other areas of the Dis, not from the YC/BC thread! I appreciate the honest feedback and thre thoughtful reviews that you and others have posted here.
Old 08-22-2012, 08:25 AM   #934
Scott MC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma

Awesome views!!!

Thanks for the noodle contributions. It sounds like these two noodles were seperated from the new herd formed by Pinkgirl. Are they under the name Grace and Henry Noodle, or just Grace and Henry?

Enjoy the rest of your trip.
I just wrote Grace and Henry on them with sharpie and gave them to bell services yesterday morning.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Old 08-22-2012, 08:30 AM   #935
skepace
Mouseketeer

With all of the bus issues, has anyone taken the monorail from Epcot to MK? Just wondering how that is.

http://shawnpace.myoilproducts.com
Old 08-22-2012, 09:11 AM   #936
Aliceacc
We had a wonderful time, but did have our moments!

Pretty much down to my hips on one side, but nice and perky on the other

We've done it while staying at the Poly.

It's delightful-- maybe 10 minutes??

But keep in mind, from the BC, that means a bag check at International Gateway, a walk all the way through Epcot, waiting on line for the monorail, changing monorails at the TTC (right?? someone check me here) and another bag check at the MK. The bus is a lot faster.

I've been BOO'ed by pigletgirl!
numerous trips in college and one together in 1990 August 2008 and August 2009: Polynesian. August 2012: Beach Club Yacht Club in 2014!!
(Thanks, Disney Destinations, for your past generosity. And to the Beach Club staff for all their assistance in our 2012 medical crisis.)
Old 08-22-2012, 09:26 AM   #937
KJay
DIS Veteran

Does anyone know the approximate cost of a taxi from Downtown Disney back to Beach Club? (Sorry if it's already here somewhere- I searched around the faqs, but didn't see anything...)
Thanks!
Old 08-22-2012, 09:39 AM   #938
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJay View Post
Does anyone know the approximate cost of a taxi from Downtown Disney back to Beach Club? (Sorry if it's already here somewhere- I searched around the faqs, but didn't see anything...)
Thanks!
I use this site to ballpark fares. Looks like around 15.00 or so, depending on traffic.

http://www.taxifarefinder.com/main.p...owntown+Disney

TY Kook
Trip planning is half the fun! Ad astra per aspera ~Ginny~
Old 08-22-2012, 09:42 AM   #939
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by skepace View Post
With all of the bus issues, has anyone taken the monorail from Epcot to MK? Just wondering how that is.
We always take the bus from the BC to MK (we are at the bus stop at 7:30 to reach the 8 AM EMH opening show), but we use the monorail to get back to the BC in the afternoon. It is a really pleasant ride (Yes, Nate, the monorail is TOO a ride) and then we hit a couple of attractions on the way back to the resort, or check on FPs to use if we are returning to EPCOT that evening.

Quote:
Thanks!
Under $20 with tip, I believe. AND WORTH EVERY PENNY!!! Many of you know my feelings about the DTD to BC bus. DTD to anywhere, really. I avoid it at all costs and have even devised a complicated-clever way to avoid that route home from DTD.

You can read about it in the last posts of the FAQ (Post 12 on page 1, I think)

Cliffs Note version- When you are done at DTD, take a DTD resort boat (take a boat, any boat) to one of the resorts. Take the bus from that resort (POR, POFQ, OKW or SSR) to EPCOT. As above, enjoy a few attractions on your way back to BC or YC.

It is probably not quicker than taking a bus directly back (but sometimes it is), but it is certainly a lot more pleasant!!!

Wouldn't work for those folks who were caught in the rain earlier this week, but in that situation, I would definitely take a cab.

Last edited by natebenma; 08-22-2012 at 10:35 AM.
Old 08-22-2012, 10:01 AM   #940
kelleigh1
Disney Baby
I sleep with Pooh & Mickey
Kicked off the school bus

I can't believe that summer is winding down and our trip is just a little over 2 months away. And I still have so much to do between now and then...totally not related to the trip.

This Friday we're going to Country Music Fest - totally unexpected. I won tickets yesterday.
In September we're going to a WWE event - which is more for my husband and really not my thing, but since he wants to go...
Then in October, I'm meeting up with some folks from another Disney board to tour Salem the first weekend. And on the 14th I'm doing the walk for Juvenile Diabetes in Providence.
Plus there are a few other small things going on between now and then.

Before we know it, Oct. 27th will be here and we'll be checking in at the YC.

Childless doesn't mean that we're not a family. MLA RLA

Old 08-22-2012, 10:15 AM   #941
skepace
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
We always take the bus from the BC to MK (we are at the bus stop at 7:30 to reach the 8 AM EMH opening show), but we use the monorail to get back to the BC in the afternoon. It is a really pleasant ride (Yes, Nate, the monorail is TOO a ride) and then we hit a couple of attractions on the way back to the resort, or check on FPs to use if we are returning to EPCOT that evening.
Thanks!!! Sounds like a great plan.

Old 08-22-2012, 10:28 AM   #942
goodferry
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHKristy76 View Post
We just avoid DTD all together. I know I'm in the minority but there is nothing down there that really interests me and the idea of spending time shopping when I'm paying for a vacation just doesn't interest me either.
Honestly we do too, although we do like to go there to eat sometimes, which is the only reason we ever go. We aren't big shoppers either. If we were big DTD people I think we would always stay at Saratoga Springs because the buses are just that dreadful from every resort.
Old 08-22-2012, 10:46 AM   #943
PaulaSB12
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks!
Before tip abou $15 that's what I paid and$5 tip was that the right amount to tip?
Old 08-22-2012, 10:49 AM   #944
skepace
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodferry View Post
Honestly we do too, although we do like to go there to eat sometimes, which is the only reason we ever go. We aren't big shoppers either. If we were big DTD people I think we would always stay at Saratoga Springs because the buses are just that dreadful from every resort.
We stayed at Saratoga Springs last time, not our choice, and it was nice to walk over for DTD. But now that our kids are older, we chose to be closer to the parks. Plus, we didn't do much shopping our first time there anyway.

I hope things are easier with the buses come beginning of October.

Old 08-22-2012, 10:49 AM   #945
Masonmj84
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodferry View Post
Has anyone ever tried the strategy of taking the boat from DTD to POFQ, then taking a bus from there to the entrance of Epcot, then walking back to BC.

Probably wouldn't be much shorter time-wise but, I'm thinking it would be more pleasant and interesting.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: