Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2012, 08:44 PM   #916
MMrules
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariamouse View Post
Thanks so much for the info and heads-up about the potential new DVC requests policy.. I'll have to look into that since all of this indecisive worrying may end up being pointless! ��
You are welcome. I am not sure if it is true or just the CM I got on the phone. Honestly it didn't matter where we were so I wasn't too upset when they told me on the phone. THe pool view was very pretty and peaceful

97-CBR, 98-CBR, 03-BC,04-DCL, 06-CBR, 07-AKL, 09-CBR, 11-WL (solo trip) BCV (1st DVC member trip) AKV, 12-WL, BCV, BWV 13-BWV 14-VWL

Old 08-21-2012, 09:09 PM   #917
BLTtinkerbell
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakeybake View Post
I just checked in for our Jet Blue flight tomorrow at 9:00!!

After booking it a year ago on a Bounceback it is finally here!!!

Jay
Have a great time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by YCFAN View Post
As some of you know (and many of you do not) I have had an extremely stressful past 4 months. After 26 years in the same job, I was told my job was being eliminated and our plant was being complexed with another plant. I would have to apply for the position that would be over both plants and that the applications would be open to the entire company since this was happening across the entire nation within our company.

The process took forever but I am happy to report that I got the new position (a promotion) with twice as much responsibility (but only a little more pay). It certainly beats unemployment. I also figure I only have about 10 years of work life left and I didn't want to have to start over with pension, vacation, etc. I'm looking forward to the new challenge.

I want to thank all of you on this board that knew about it and offered moral and emotional support during this extremely stressful time. I also want to thank those of you that didn't know about it because this board was the one place I could go and completely get away from the stress.

I have thoroughly enjoyed the stories, trips, pictures and NinjaMom descriptions and hypothetical situations!!!! This board is so informational but also acts as a "get away." As the Pointer Sisters would say, "We are Family." Thanks for adopting me.
Congrats on the job! "We are family" now stuck in my head!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenaS View Post
I'm dancing to that song on my way to put my suitcases in the car to go to airport. So HAPPY for you!!!!!
Have a nice visit with Jeanne and Lily!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkgirl View Post
I am pleased to report that we have some Noodles. After 5 visits to Bell Services, they rang Lost and Found and brought over every noodle they had in the place! We now have a collection of 6 (these do not include the two that Dee mentioned earlier, which were centimetres from my grasp but were taken away again when the Bell Service guy went off to look for more and were never brought back!)

I am pleased they have turned up today as I would have hated to have my wedding photos with no noodles to join us
Best Wishes for a wonderful wedding!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-21-2012, 09:23 PM   #918
stepdisney
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
I instantly turned into "one of those moms"
I think I'm going to start looking for ways to fit jive into my daily vocabulary

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMrules View Post

My biggest complaint is the buses. I don't want to sound snotty, but for the price of the hotel rooms the bus situation should be addressed and corrected. I realize that BC is in close proximity to the BW and swan/dolphin. However, having 5 bus stops plus a ride to blizzard beach and then AK or to DTD is absurd. The bus drivers pack guests in like sardines which I think could be in various violations of the acutal # of guests allowed. Then it takes forever to go to/from your hotel or park. I don't usually complain about the buses because I know it is public transportation, but this time was the worst I ever had (and it wasn't as busy as it has been in the past). The worst instance we had was going to DTD. On the night we were coming home a huge thunder/lightning storm was approaching. We saw a bus leaving as we got there. We were waiting with another family who got dropped off from the water parks after they waited for over a 1/2 hour for a bus. We were at the bus stop for over 1 hour and 15 minutes before a bus finally arrived. During this time at least 5 or 6 buses came for all other resorts (as the crowd grew so did the number of folks counting buses) and no BC bus came. There was a bus monitor CM there and we tried asking him for an answer to where a bus was, could he send a bus etc. He kinda gave the crowd the run around for about a half hour then he left and we still had no bus. Sadly when the bus showed up the entire crowd couldn't fit on it and many folks were left out in the storm. I have no idea how much longer they had to wait. I have never had issues with buses like this before and don't know if it is a fluke or poor management but I hope it gets corrected soon.
This is what we are experiencing this week. Last night was the worst. We got caught in a thunderstorm at DHS yesterday. We ran to the bus (knowing that the boats will not run in a storm.) It was POURING. We stood in line for way too long along with too many others and watched buses come and go for resorts all around us. One bus came and too many people squeezed on board. The rest of us were left in the pouring rain, again. The bus situation here is not good at all. We all sat and stood in the cold, air conditioned bus after standing in the rain forever and they sent one bus for 5 resorts. I am not one to complain but something needs to be done about this.

June 2000 1st trip off site~Oct. 2005 POP~ Aug/Sept. 2007 WL~Aug/Sept. 2008 AKL ~Aug/Sept. 2009 Kidani Village~Aug/Sept. 2010WL/Grand Gathering~ Aug. 2011 YC Aug. 2012 YC CL~Aug. 2014 AKL

Last edited by stepdisney; 08-21-2012 at 09:39 PM.
Old 08-21-2012, 09:31 PM   #919
333disneymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariamouse

Thanks so much for the info and heads-up about the potential new DVC requests policy.. I'll have to look into that since all of this indecisive worrying may end up being pointless! dde09
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMrules

Personally, I just loved waking up and seeing that giant Epcot ball out of my windows (and we could see some higher fireworks at night). This years view of the pool was very relaxing and pretty (although my kids wanted to visit it the entire time they could see it .). This time we tried to request an Epcot view through DVC and were told that they don't do room requests, but the did last year. So I am not sure if that is a new policy or not. The service road area was not loud at all, but the fireworks are
You can make requests for BCV, but they are not guaranteed. You can't request an Epcot view. From what I understand, you can request a pool view, woods view or (I think) courtyard view.
Old 08-21-2012, 09:32 PM   #920
333disneymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkgirl

I am pleased they have turned up today as I would have hated to have my wedding photos with no noodles to join us
Congrats on your wedding!
Old 08-21-2012, 09:40 PM   #921
DT83097
DIS Veteran

After having done the YC to DTD trek today I unfortunately agree with other posts that it was horrible! Our trips to MK have been fine and will be going to AK Thurs. so cant speak for that one yet. Trip to DTD was not too bad except i was disappointed to see the # of people who didnt at least their seats to little kids....but thats another story! Anyway we were at DTD bus stop at about 1 (DH had sent text to friend at 5min til) there were about 5 already there. We waited and waited and watched multiple buses for other resorts come and go (3 for AoA, 2 Pop, 2OKW, 2CB, 2Poly...) Finally a YC/BC bus showed and we got on at 2:00!! Then stop at Pleas. Island (driver change) and then to TL - this I didnt understand because we stopped here on way to DTD too?? So at TL another bus was in spot so we waited about 20 min before even pulling into stop. Due to downpour their was a ton of people leaving so a bit of traffic jam getting back out then to Swan/Dolphin before getting to YC just after 3. So just over 2 hours spent getting point A-B!!! What is hard to understand is why multiple buses from one group of resorts come and go in time it takes 1bus from another??!

Aug 1997 CBR; 2000 CSR; April 2002 Offsite; April 2007 Poly ; Aug 2007 CBR
Aug 2009 Poly; Sept 2010 YC; Sept 2011 Poly; Aug 2012 YC ;Feb 2013 BLT; Sept 2013 BC
CSR Feb 2014-upgraded to YC! ; June 2014 GF
Old 08-21-2012, 09:43 PM   #922
mariamouse
Believes in the magic!!
Should know the difference between the Tag Fairy and Tinkerbell!!! ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 333disneymom

You can make requests for BCV, but they are not guaranteed. You can't request an Epcot view. From what I understand, you can request a pool view, woods view or (I think) courtyard view.
Thanks so much for the info! Very helpful.
GF GV- January 2014, BCV- January 2013, GF LV- December 2011, AKL PV & GF GV- February 2007, BWI WV CL- February 2006, AKL SV- February 2005, Polynesian GV- February 2004, WL WV & Polynesian GV- November 2002, BC GV- February 2002, CR GV- February 2001, POFQ- February 1996, CBR- February 1994
Old 08-21-2012, 10:00 PM   #923
goodferry
DIS Veteran

In regards to the busing, we rent a car now. We love the BC, but hate waiting on buses that come already full.
On a side note we have had a "I will never take a bus to DTD pact" in place for years. Those routes are ridiculous, from every resort, not just the YC/BC. If we have to go and we don't have a car, we get a cab.
Old 08-22-2012, 05:31 AM   #924
luvpoohandcompany
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I am pleased to report that we have some Noodles. After 5 visits to Bell Services, they rang Lost and Found and brought over every noodle they had in the place! We now have a collection of 6 (these do not include the two that Dee mentioned earlier, which were centimetres from my grasp but were taken away again when the Bell Service guy went off to look for more and were never brought back!)

Hope all your tomorrows are as magical as today! Congratulations on your wedding
Old 08-22-2012, 06:28 AM   #925
NHKristy76
Senior Mousketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodferry View Post
In regards to the busing, we rent a car now. We love the BC, but hate waiting on buses that come already full.
On a side note we have had a "I will never take a bus to DTD pact" in place for years. Those routes are ridiculous, from every resort, not just the YC/BC. If we have to go and we don't have a car, we get a cab.
We just avoid DTD all together. I know I'm in the minority but there is nothing down there that really interests me and the idea of spending time shopping when I'm paying for a vacation just doesn't interest me either.
Old 08-22-2012, 06:40 AM   #926
MickeyT
DIS Veteran

Thanks MMrules and DT83097 for sharing your frustration with the bus transportation. If you have followed our previous threads you will know many of our Y&BC regulars are not 'fans' of the bus system. MK is a hit or miss. The DTD route is the worst with AK route following with the second place honor. I leave negative feedback on every survey possible. Only when enough people do this will it change. I refuse to take the bus to DTD. And remember. This is not just a Y&BC problem but also a problem for Swan, Dolphin, and BWI (and all the deluxe's for that matter as they all share).

That being said my absolute worst bus experience ever was one trip we took to my 'other' beloved resort, The Wilderness Lodge. Everywhere we went (except MK) that trip it took forever. It got to be a joke when when we were leaving HS or AK that it would be easier to walk. Not sure if it was timing or just a glitch. And yep. I completed my survey that trip also.

I do hate that it seemed real bad this time. Hope this is not a trend or another Disney cost cutting move.

Once again thanks for sharing and do not feel snotty. We welcome all feedback here.

Last edited by MickeyT; 08-22-2012 at 08:06 AM.
Old 08-22-2012, 07:17 AM   #927
Scott MC
DIS Veteran

Good morning BC/YC friends. It's been a few days since my last post, but take that only to mean we're having a wonderful time! We did have to leave BC and that gorgeous suite yesterday, but with the promise that we WILL be back. Teena downstairs and Chip and Jill upstairs worked overtime to make our stay magical. It's truly a beautiful resort. The good news is that we don have to leave Disney yet either. We zipped right over to BWI, which we know we love. And though I miss BC, I think I can handle this view for the next 6 days.... ;-)

It's so nice to know now that we have two resorts that we love and feel welcome at! Thanks to all on this thread who help make it so informative and friendly!

Oh! And DP and I made 2 new contributions to the noodle family. We donated a pink one and a purple one which I marked with the names of our 2 cats, Grace and Henry. If you get one of those noodles... Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Old 08-22-2012, 07:40 AM   #928
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by homeatssr View Post
Hello all.... First of all, we'll be staying at BCV for the first time from 11/11-11/17, if you'd like to add our dates to the list.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asaj View Post
natebenma, whenever you get around to it, can you update our info on the BOG list? Our dates are 6/9/13-6/15/13. We are staying at BC, garden view, and it'll be me (DH), DW, and DD (13). Can't wait!

Thanks,
Andy

You bet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AimeeMichele View Post
Please add me to the Be Out Guest List: 10/22-10/27 BC (Surprise Trip!)

Will do!

Old 08-22-2012, 07:57 AM   #929
sammysmom
Mouseketeer

I can not wait for the next 30 days to fly by and we will be at the Yacht Club for the very 1st time. We usually stay at the Beach Club, but thought we'd try the Yacht Club to celebrate my big 40th birthday. Hope we like it just as much!! All the planning is done and all I need to do is pack Getting so excited!!
1996-Offsite, 1998-All Star Music, 2003-All Star Movies, 2005-All Star Movies, 2006-All Star Movies, 2007-Pop Century, 2008-Pop Century, 2009-Pop Century,2010-Beach Club Resort, 2011- Beach Club Resort, 2012- Yacht Club,2013-Beach Club,2014-Beach Club

Old 08-22-2012, 08:00 AM   #930
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Thank you so much for your persistence!!!

Have a wonderfully magical day today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJay View Post

Glad to hear the Noodle family has turned up! Can anyone confirm whether or not there are noodles for sale at the Marketplace or the stand at SAB? I'm looking forward to floating along with minimal muscle power
There SHOULD be. Last time I saw a picture with a price tag, they were $5 each!

Has anyone seen them on display recently?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxTheHorse View Post
A couple of last-minute questions as we hit 11 days on the countdown:

1) I know swim diapers are required for babies. Are babies in swim diapers restricted to the kids pool? Or can they "swim" with mom and dad in the rest of SAB too? (Obviously not taking her down the Flying Jib or anything insane like that! Haha!)
Bumping this up- I have never been to SAB with young kids, so I don't have personal experience, but as far as I know, kids in swim diapers are welcome anywhere in the pool. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YCFAN View Post
As some of you know (and many of you do not) I have had an extremely stressful past 4 months. After 26 years in the same job, I was told my job was being eliminated and our plant was being complexed with another plant. I would have to apply for the position that would be over both plants and that the applications would be open to the entire company since this was happening across the entire nation within our company.

The process took forever but I am happy to report that I got the new position (a promotion) with twice as much responsibility (but only a little more pay). It certainly beats unemployment.
Congrats!!!

I'm so happy for you!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: