Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2012, 06:29 AM   #856
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurieN View Post
Hi all, haven't posted in quite some time, it's been a busy summer (looking forward to school starting!) my boys have been keeping me busy!
We've changed our plans a little, we will now be doing a split stay between AofA and BC. Our new dates are 11/22-11/25 @ AofA Cars suite then 11/25-12/1 BC CL. DH is not happy about this (he hates the idea of a split stay almost as much as he hates the idea of staying anywhere other than BC), but my boys REALLY wanted to try out AofA! I figure this way everyone gets what they want.
Anyway, I do have a question: We are currently booked with a bounce back for BC CL garden view. I have been thinking about upgrading to a water view but I'm a little afraid of spending the extra money right now (DH is looking at a possible layoff at work). If we decided to upgrade at check in will we be charged the full price of the upgrade or the bounce back price?
As always, thanks in advance
Laurie
I'll adjust your dates on the B.O.G. list.

I don't know the answer to your question about what price you will be charged if you ask for an upgrade to water view at checkin.

My two cents (and I will readily disclose that I always book Standard View at the BC)- my understanding is that all of the BC CL GV rooms have full balconies. I would be unwilling to risk getting a room with one of the smaller balconies, even if it is waterview.
Old 08-21-2012, 06:47 AM   #857
LaurieN
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
I'll adjust your dates on the B.O.G. list.

I don't know the answer to your question about what price you will be charged if you ask for an upgrade to water view at checkin.

My two cents (and I will readily disclose that I always book Standard View at the BC)- my understanding is that all of the BC CL GV rooms have full balconies. I would be unwilling to risk getting a room with one of the smaller balconies, even if it is waterview.
Since I would MUCH rather a full balcony I will stick with GV and call it a day!! I don't really see the point of having a water view if I can't sit on the balcony and enjoy it.
Thank you
Laurie
Register to remove

Old 08-21-2012, 07:13 AM   #858
holden
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the info about shipping. Guess I should investigate whether Garden Grocer would be cheaper (after paying for postage, etc.).

Love all the help you get on these boards!
DD - 7
Old 08-21-2012, 07:45 AM   #859
skepace
Mouseketeer

I am so far very impressed with the YC CL Planning team. Since we are going to surprise the kids about the trip a couple of days before, I asked them if there was something they could send that we could give the kids to show where we were staying.

They were so nice to send two key packets with maps! I know its a small thing but now the kids can see where we will be staying.

http://shawnpace.myoilproducts.com
Old 08-21-2012, 08:35 AM   #860
jakeybake
DIS Veteran

I just checked in for our Jet Blue flight tomorrow at 9:00!!

After booking it a year ago on a Bounceback it is finally here!!!

Jay
Old 08-21-2012, 09:04 AM   #862
K&C
Mouseketeer

Does anybody know if the Alamo courtesy bus that takes you to the Car Care Centre runs to a schedule from the YC?

Three years back we used it from the GF and it only picked up once an hour on the 1/2 hour. Just trying to plan what time to put on my booking for the car pick up.

Thanks
Old 08-21-2012, 09:15 AM   #863
summersalt
DIS Veteran

Oops! I think I messed up!!!

I booked my October trip so long ago, I forgot that I have access to an IPO. I have never booked club level and really didn't even think about it but I've been making, canceling, and rebooking adr's like crazy. Do I need to email them to let them know of my changes? Will this mess up my reservation?

DH DD ME Sandy
Old 08-21-2012, 09:18 AM   #864
summersalt
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakeybake View Post
I just checked in for our Jet Blue flight tomorrow at 9:00!!

After booking it a year ago on a Bounceback it is finally here!!!

Jay
Hope you have a fabulous trip!

DH DD ME Sandy
Old 08-21-2012, 09:19 AM   #865
MaxTheHorse
Earning My Ears

A couple of last-minute questions as we hit 11 days on the countdown:

1) I know swim diapers are required for babies. Are babies in swim diapers restricted to the kids pool? Or can they "swim" with mom and dad in the rest of SAB too? (Obviously not taking her down the Flying Jib or anything insane like that! Haha!)

2) Is online check-in necessary for YC? Seems like that would be great to avoid lines at the front desk, but I'm wondering if the YC front desk ever gets big lines. We'll be arriving around lunch time on a Saturday via ME.
Old 08-21-2012, 09:43 AM   #866
homeatssr
Mouseketeer

Hello all.... First of all, we'll be staying at BCV for the first time from 11/11-11/17, if you'd like to add our dates to the list.

I have a pool question. I read that the SAB hours are until 10pm. Is the slide open until then, or do lifeguards go off duty earlier and close the slide? I know at POR, the slide closes at 8pm, while the pool remainds open. We are surprising the kiddos with our BCV stay because they were so excited when they saw SAB while at CMC dinner last trip. They think we're staying at SSR the entire time,so it will be a huge surprise. I just want to make sure I know the details to make the most of the trip!!
Old 08-21-2012, 10:46 AM   #867
YCFAN

Have you seen my tag?

As some of you know (and many of you do not) I have had an extremely stressful past 4 months. After 26 years in the same job, I was told my job was being eliminated and our plant was being complexed with another plant. I would have to apply for the position that would be over both plants and that the applications would be open to the entire company since this was happening across the entire nation within our company.

The process took forever but I am happy to report that I got the new position (a promotion) with twice as much responsibility (but only a little more pay). It certainly beats unemployment. I also figure I only have about 10 years of work life left and I didn't want to have to start over with pension, vacation, etc. I'm looking forward to the new challenge.

I want to thank all of you on this board that knew about it and offered moral and emotional support during this extremely stressful time. I also want to thank those of you that didn't know about it because this board was the one place I could go and completely get away from the stress.

I have thoroughly enjoyed the stories, trips, pictures and NinjaMom descriptions and hypothetical situations!!!! This board is so informational but also acts as a "get away." As the Pointer Sisters would say, "We are Family." Thanks for adopting me.
Old 08-21-2012, 10:55 AM   #868
vyrg
Lilipépite

question

I 'll arrive at YC by ME at 8 pm.

What time does the front desk close ?

Thank you
Old 08-21-2012, 11:14 AM   #869
Nancyg56
DIS Veteran

It has been a long time since I visited this thread and boy have you all been busy!

Ninjamom- I saw your Mom was not well and I was also glad to see Scott's awesome upgrade!

We are arriving on November 22nd and have been able to secure BofG on November 27th. Thanks to the IPO!!!!!!!!!!!!

I did not want to wish away the Summer but I am already starting to count down.................not a good thing!

I hope to continue to read wonderful trip updates, I am beginning to live through them!
Old 08-21-2012, 11:19 AM   #870
DisneyMomx7
DIS Veteran

YCFAN - YIPPIE SKIPPIE!!!!!! I am soooo happy for you.

Now we have to get to planning the 4th Annual BC/YC Meet since we are charter members!

You are so right about this thread being family.

GF-2003,2004,2005,2006,2008,2009,2011,2013,2014
YC-2006,2007,2008,2014 POLY- 2006,2007,2008
BC-2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013
HRH-2004,2006, RPR-2012, 2014
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: