Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2012, 12:46 PM   #811
wendywoo
Mouseketeer

I just have to tell you all how much I appreciate this thread!! Everyone is so nice to share all their tips and trip reports!!

30 days out until our trip!! ADR's booked and set (expect last night thought we would "wing" that one lol)
Disney With Kids book... read
Daily Disboards check in... done (and will continue)

Only thing left on my shopping list is moleskin and two TN shirts for my girls to wear

Now what else can I do to occupy my time!
Old 08-20-2012, 12:48 PM   #812
Katesdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulaSB12 View Post
just as a matter of interest why do americans go month first rather than date first?
Has something to do with the fact that the colonies wanted to be totally different than the rest of the world after they declared their independance from your government. I know that in a business environment I have to be very careful about how I put the date on the document whenever I am sending or signing something that goes to another country. That's why I usually spell it out rather than use numbers. Just wish the rest of the world would get on board and do it the right way
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-20-2012, 12:51 PM   #813
PaDisneyCouple
DIS Veteran

Trying to check pricing for BC/YC for this October, for a getaway long weekend. Interesting thing: I can't find any availability on the WDW site except values. I tried searching for any deluxe and then any moderate. Same answer: just keeps showing Pop Century and Art of Animation. Anybody recently book for late October? Seems odd that there'd be nothing at any in either class.

Hoping to return to BC, or try the "dark side"
10/10 BC Club Level 10-11/11 Dream 4-night & CR 3-night 10/12 Dream 4-night 10/13 Fantasy 7-night Eastern
10/14 Fantasy 7-night Eastern

Old 08-20-2012, 12:56 PM   #814
kelleigh1
Disney Baby
I sleep with Pooh & Mickey
Kicked off the school bus

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaDisneyCouple View Post
Trying to check pricing for BC/YC for this October, for a getaway long weekend. Interesting thing: I can't find any availability on the WDW site except values. I tried searching for any deluxe and then any moderate. Same answer: just keeps showing Pop Century and Art of Animation. Anybody recently book for late October? Seems odd that there'd be nothing at any in either class.

October has apparently become quite popular. We are going the week of Halloween, but I booked way back in January. If you're looking at the week before Halloween, you're not finding availability for a couple reasons....big convention that week (Gartner or something like that) and because apparently there are several schools which have an October break around that time and a LOT of people are heading to Disney. I actually belong to a Facebook group of October Disney visitors and just our group alone is about 200 people.

Childless doesn't mean that we're not a family. MLA RLA

Old 08-20-2012, 01:00 PM   #815
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaDisneyCouple View Post

Gartner Symposium--a ginormous convention is (I think) Oct 21-25, or thereabouts.
Combine that with Epcot Food and Wine, it's a busy time.
Have you tried limited date ranges, and added a day at a time to see when there might be availability? BTW, we love the dark side.

TY Kook
Trip planning is half the fun! Ad astra per aspera ~Ginny~
Old 08-20-2012, 01:02 PM   #816
DisneyMomx7
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
and congratulations on all of your celebrations.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

What is the most important request for you? From what I understand, there aren't a lot of king beds available. If this is your priority, it may come at a sacrifice of location.

If the location is what you enjoyed most, perhaps you could word a request "Full balcony, please, room near EPCOT. King bed, if possible"

I appreciate your comments!

I'll add you to the list.

I will add you to the Be Our Guest list. What great birthday plans!

Don't think I have you on the list, so and I will put you on as a last minute addition.

Will do!

Let us know if you end up changing your reservation to the Beach Club!

Thanks so much for your kind words!

Let us know if you book another trip!

We have trouble fitting in the waterparks during 7 day trips in July, although our usual plan is to do a half day at AK then go directly to Blizzard Beach. I wouldn't go out of my way to get there. Any chance you can fit it in last minute if the weather turns out really nice?

I think that drove me crazy, too! Are the lights time or light- activated?

I'm up every morning at O-dark:30 and I think I actually dragged a floor lamp between the curtain and the balcony so I could read (I think it was at the BC, but could have been somewhere else...)
Its funny the last two rooms that we had at BC (BC CL) our balcony light was ALWAYS on - I noticed the ones across from us and some were on and some were off. I liked that ours was on because I'm up very early and sit out there with my coffee. Of course if we wanted to turn it off we couldn't! Can't figure it out.

GF-2003,2004,2005,2006,2008,2009,2011,2013,2014
YC-2006,2007,2008,2014 POLY- 2006,2007,2008
BC-2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013
HRH-2004,2006, RPR-2012, 2014
Old 08-20-2012, 02:02 PM   #817
deegack
DIS Veteran

Magic express mail arrived today! I live Mickey mail day! I need to start packing now.
Old 08-20-2012, 02:14 PM   #818
PaDisneyCouple
DIS Veteran

Thanks!
That explains why Swan/Dolphin is blacked out totally (it looks) from 10/21-25. And I see on the symposium that they also use YC, BC, and BW for hotels, and that they're all sold out. Maybe I should check at work, and switch my vacation week. I suppose I could also try DU, and see if they've got any rooms blocked. We were hoping for a room only discount, but I'd think there wouldn't be many of those during this week.

I think a childhood friend is going to this. He talks about being at WDW every fall for a few nights, in the Epcot resorts area.
10/10 BC Club Level 10-11/11 Dream 4-night & CR 3-night 10/12 Dream 4-night 10/13 Fantasy 7-night Eastern
10/14 Fantasy 7-night Eastern

Last edited by PaDisneyCouple; 08-20-2012 at 02:16 PM. Reason: adding additional info
Old 08-20-2012, 02:34 PM   #819
west&east
DIS Veteran

Despite briefly considering Swan, we are coming back to Beach Club! Will be there Oct 12-14 for F&W Festival and my birthday! Our first trip to Disney without the kids! We have tickets for Party for the Senses on Sat Oct 13 and decided the convenience of Beach Club to Epcot was worth it. We will just enjoy the hotel and Epcot. Probably won't even visit other parks that weekend but are already looking into a trip with the kids for MLK weekend in January!
We saved 15% in October with AAA.
Looking forward to the Beach Club smell. It will be our first time visiting there when it is not Christmas, so it will be the smell minus gingerbread!

My Path Unwinding Blog: Traveling Through Life Disney Style

Twitter: @kksnc

AKL CL January 2009; WL CL December 2009; Beach Club CL Lagoon View December 2010;
Disney Cruise Line Magic Mediterranean Cruise August 2011; Beach Club CL Deluxe December 2011; Beach Club Food and Wine Birthday trip October 2012; Beach Club CL January 2013; Disney Fantasy Easter Cruise 2013 Concierge Cat V; Boardwalk Inn Club Level/ Waldorf Astoria June 2013; F& W October 2013; Beach Club CL New Years Eve! Fantasy April 12, 2014; Adventures by Disney: Central Europe! July 2014!!!

Next Up: WDW January 2015, Disney Fantasy (Eastern) April 4, 2015; Disney Dream Double Dip June 26, 2015
Old 08-20-2012, 02:59 PM   #820
KJay
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott MC View Post
I'm over the moon, devastatingly humbled, and floating on a cloud of Pixie Dust.
Congrats, Scott!! Happy Anniversary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Mom View Post
A new sheriff is coming to town.
NM, I'd want you in MY corner- I'm sure you're an awesome advocate. Good thoughts being sent her way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatalieMT View Post
7 days! Getting more and more excited by the day, but I am totally not prepared! Can't wait to be back at the BC.
Looks like we're there the same time- see you at SAB!

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiasmom View Post
OT but just wanted to share I got Be Our Guest ADR for our post cruise trip in January!!!!
Cool! I can't wait until the reviews start rolling. Did it take long to get through? Maybe we'll see you next week!

Just placed my Garden Grocer order- it's really happening! Sooooooo excited! My daughter is super-excited, and I overheard her talking to a friend about the trip- she said, "The resort I'm going to is really cool- but someday I hope I get to stay at the place my mom stayed- Beach Club. They have the BEST POOL EVER". I can't wait to surprise her with Beach Club! DH is going to try to distract her as we walk up to the ME podium- I'd love to make it all the way onto the bus before she realizes what's happening!
Old 08-20-2012, 04:15 PM   #821
Aliceacc
We had a wonderful time, but did have our moments!

Pretty much down to my hips on one side, but nice and perky on the other

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliceacc View Post
I just finished my letters; I'll mail them in the morning.

Peter just called from the hospital. The MRI that was ordered this afternoon didn't happen. And the hospital's MRI lab is closed for the weekend.

This could be a much longer hospital stay than we imagined. Not a real happy camper at the moment, and my 12 year old daughter is in tears.
About an hour ago I got the nicest phone call from Disney, thanking me for my letter and asking how Peter was doing. They said they would look up the name of the CM whose name I had forgotten, and pass my words on to Dave, the manager who was so helpful.

I've got to say: Disney is one class operation!

I've been BOO'ed by pigletgirl!
numerous trips in college and one together in 1990 August 2008 and August 2009: Polynesian. August 2012: Beach Club Yacht Club in 2014!!
(Thanks, Disney Destinations, for your past generosity. And to the Beach Club staff for all their assistance in our 2012 medical crisis.)
Old 08-20-2012, 04:17 PM   #822
kelleigh1
Disney Baby
I sleep with Pooh & Mickey
Kicked off the school bus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliceacc View Post
About an hour ago I got the nicest phone call from Disney, thanking me for my letter and asking how Peter was doing. They said they would look up the name of the CM whose name I had forgotten, and pass my words on to Dave, the manager who was so helpful.

I've got to say: Disney is one class operation!

Childless doesn't mean that we're not a family. MLA RLA

Old 08-20-2012, 04:36 PM   #823
georgiasmom
Mouseketeer

4 more days! I was just looking at the guest list and there will be so many of you there when we go! Please say hi if you see us. My dd is 9 (looks more like 7) with blond hair and a HUGE personality. She is hard to miss. I am Amy have brown curly hair and glasses, husband is blond, SIL short with dark curly hair. (posting photos here to practice for my live trip report)

MelanieRI Aug 20-26 YC
Battgyrl Aug 20-28 BC
DjdBrit Aug 20-29 YC GV
donnaf516 Aug 21-31 BC
k&a&c'smom Aug 22-25 YC
Jakeybake Aug 22-28 BC
NHKristy76 Aug 23-28 BC CL
outahere Aug 24-27 YC CL (after Dream cruise)
wilma-bride Aug 24-30 BCV (stayed in all DVCs except this one)
MinnieTink Aug 25-Sept 1 BC
mvavral Aug 25- Sept 2 BC
mousegear Aug 25-Sept 3 YC
Lynne G Aug 25-Sept 3 BC (after trip to US, Aug 21-25)
georgiasmom Aug 25-Sept 3 BC
KJay Aug 26-Sept 2 BC
pigletto Aug 26-Sept 2 YC (after Royal Pacific)
bluesuzy77 Aug 29-Sept 5 YC
matt&jakesmom end of August BC
lmf77 end of August YC
TwistGrl101 last week in August
NatalieMT last week in August BD

September 2012

MaxTheHorse Sept 1-8 YC
iluvpluto27 Sept 2 - Sept 14 BC (taking parents & sister's family for first Disney Trip!)
chaoscent Sept 2-9 BCV (Pin Trading event)

Old 08-20-2012, 05:43 PM   #824
TwistGrl101
DIS Veteran

Sorry, I never gave my dates: August 23-30!
Old 08-20-2012, 05:46 PM   #825
cindydare
Mouseketeer

I got Mickey Mail today too!!

32 days til we're at the BC!!

I love Mickey Mail day!!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: