Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2012, 02:56 AM   #796
Rikkilee
Disney Dreamer

Be Our Guest List

Howdy!

Could you please add us to your Be Our Guest list!

We will be there from the 13th-18th of January 2013!

Staying at the Beach Club!

For my 18th Birthday!

Love the thread btw!
2013- WDW Beach Club/Animal Kingdom Logde
2014- DLP Hotel Santa Fe

Me Mum Sparkle
Old 08-20-2012, 04:52 AM   #797
NatalieMT
Mouseketeer

7 days! Getting more and more excited by the day, but I am totally not prepared! Can't wait to be back at the BC.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-20-2012, 05:30 AM   #798
MickeyT
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikkilee View Post
Howdy!

For my 18th Birthday!

Love the thread btw!
A special welcome to our new family member from 'Down Under'. And a new poster too! Great to have you aboard

Old 08-20-2012, 05:39 AM   #799
Feckless
DIS Veteran

Welcome, new poster!

Scott, I watched your video with ( somewhat jealous!) glee! LOL. I loved getting a glimpse of "our" balcony too.

NM you get out there and advocate for your mom! People of our parents' generation tend to treat doctors as gods and be more passive. I hope she is more comfortable soon.

Latest TR in progress: FROM SUNSTROKE TO A CONCUSSION: a Yacht Club Disney "Trip" to Remember http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post50508748

SMILES, SAND AND SUNSTROKE: A May 2012 Beach Club Trip of a Lifetime! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2927334

First Pre-Trip Report: From the North Atlantic to the World http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post43102751
Old 08-20-2012, 06:35 AM   #800
PaulaSB12
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feckless View Post
Welcome, new poster!

Scott, I watched your video with ( somewhat jealous!) glee! LOL. I loved getting a glimpse of "our" balcony too.

NM you get out there and advocate for your mom! People of our parents' generation tend to treat doctors as gods and be more passive. I hope she is more comfortable soon.
Parents may personally they turn me into a sarcastic moo. I am hoping to change my wilderness lodge booking to the Beach Club so with any luck I will be there 9/24 to 10/8 2013 (just as a matter of interest why do americans go month first rather than date first?)
Old 08-20-2012, 06:43 AM   #801
scottmel
Does my logic in my original question make sense
I need to see it in a new light I guess

Scott MC

Great upgrade! Enjoy! your name always throws me b/c they are my initials along with half of my dis name!! Have a fantastic stay!!!! Melissa
DP
Old 08-20-2012, 06:50 AM   #802
jasec2
Mouseketeer

Could you add us to the be our guest list? My DH, DS3 and DS5 will be staying at the BC Dec 12-16. So excited!! I have been planning this trip so a long time.
Old 08-20-2012, 07:41 AM   #803
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMomx7 View Post
That might be the answer. Now when we did our grand gathering my mom was sharing the room with her three adult grandsons. They gave us a rollaway for free with no problem - I'm sure they understood that an 80 year old woman wouldn't be sleeping in the same bed as her 20 something year old grandsons!

I think if you are a party of 4 they might charge you for the rollaway or a party of 5 in a room with a daybed they might charge. We were in a room without a daybed this year (party of 5) but we had an air mattress and it worked out even better than a rollaway because we just deflated it every morning!
I didn't think anyone is supposed to be charged for the rollaway cot unless the policies have changed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feckless View Post
I agree with Teena - we weren't charged at the BC for our rollaway cot in May.

Feckless and her family requested a rollaway (party of 4) and I don't believe she was charged for it. (ETA- just found this reply from her)
Old 08-20-2012, 08:06 AM   #804
ddluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

We were also not charged for a rollaway.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
February 2014*December 2013*October2013 F&W *September 2013*July 2013-Our condo.*April 2013- Our condo!!*April 2012- Sheraton Vistana*August 2011-Poly & HRH/CL Mom's 40th B-Day*November 2010- Bonnet Creek* August 2010-BC/CL & HRH/CL Mom's B-Day trip* April 2009- Orange Lake Resort* August 2008- GF/CL (Anniversary trip kid free)*April 2008- Orange Lake Resort* June 2007- Orange Lake Resort(2DS b-day trip)* April 2005- Orange Lake Resort* May 1995- CBR (honeymoon)* April 1988 off property* July 1978 off property
Old 08-20-2012, 08:18 AM   #805
DisneyMomx7
DIS Veteran

NinjaMom - my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I know how hard and frustrating it can be when you have to advocate for your mom.

ScottMC - Wow!!! Congrats on a fabulous pixie dusted upgrade! Narcoossee's is our very favorite restaurant. I've even been known to stalk a BC/YC Disser there (YCFAN)!

GF-2003,2004,2005,2006,2008,2009,2011,2013,2014
YC-2006,2007,2008,2014 POLY- 2006,2007,2008
BC-2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013
HRH-2004,2006, RPR-2012, 2014
Old 08-20-2012, 08:40 AM   #806
kelleigh1
Disney Baby
I sleep with Pooh & Mickey
Kicked off the school bus

Haven't been on in days. Looks like I've got some catching up to do. In the meantime...68 days!

Childless doesn't mean that we're not a family. MLA RLA

Old 08-20-2012, 09:28 AM   #807
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by M likes the mouse View Post
Hello everyone!
I'm so exited! I can now confirm we will be staying once again at the Beach Club from Sept.28th-oct.7th!!!!! We will be running and hopefully complete the TOT 10 miler, go to MNSSHP, eat and drink at the food and wine, celebrate my first job post studies as the assistant general manager of a small town and our 3rd anniversary.

We are booked with a garden view. We were at the BC for our first anniversary. We had a room with a king size bed, ground floor, overlooking the volleyball field. It may have been 1501 or something like that. We did not have a view of the lake from our room, but did from the balcony? Is that considered a garden view or a water view??? We had booked our room through the ADA convention site so we were not aware of the room type.
If it is a garden view room, could somebody could tell me what kind of room request to do to be in that area again? We loved to eat breakfast peacefully on our balcony overlooking the lake and the proximity to Epcot. Would that be best to request to be close to the volleyball? A full balcony? A king sized bed?

Sorry for the rambling, I'm just so happy the way this vacation is turning out to be!
and congratulations on all of your celebrations.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

What is the most important request for you? From what I understand, there aren't a lot of king beds available. If this is your priority, it may come at a sacrifice of location.

If the location is what you enjoyed most, perhaps you could word a request "Full balcony, please, room near EPCOT. King bed, if possible"

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacy9 View Post
I wanted to thank everyone for all the great information in this thread, it is amazing.

We have just finished booking our next trip there for Nov 28th - Dec 6th in the BC GV CL.

Could you please add us to the Be Our Guest list. Me, DW, and 2 DDs.

Thanks again for all the great information!

I appreciate your comments!

I'll add you to the list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikkilee View Post
Howdy!

For my 18th Birthday!

Love the thread btw!

I will add you to the Be Our Guest list. What great birthday plans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatalieMT View Post
7 days! Getting more and more excited by the day, but I am totally not prepared! Can't wait to be back at the BC.
Don't think I have you on the list, so and I will put you on as a last minute addition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasec2 View Post
Could you add us to the be our guest list? My DH, DS3 and DS5 will be staying at the BC Dec 12-16. So excited!! I have been planning this trip so a long time.

Will do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulaSB12 View Post
Parents may personally they turn me into a sarcastic moo. I am hoping to change my wilderness lodge booking to the Beach Club so with any luck I will be there 9/24 to 10/8 2013 (just as a matter of interest why do americans go month first rather than date first?)
Let us know if you end up changing your reservation to the Beach Club!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kteacher View Post
Just wanted to say that as a first timer at the BC I am looking forward to our stay this Oct. even more because of the friendliness of this thread .
I've been on the Disboards for a long time, and this has been one of the nicest and most informative threads
Thanks to all of you that post info on this.
Thanks so much for your kind words!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulaSB12 View Post
I came back on wednesday after two weeks at the Beach Club. I was supposed to be going to the Wilderness Lodge but after my holiday I will be changing it to the Beach Club again! I even prefer it over the Grand Floridian, i was in room 1532 which was right next to a laundry room and as close as you can get to Epcot.
Let us know if you book another trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skepace View Post
That's great to hear! We have never been but it is on our list.

Need some help deciding. We are going Oct 9-15. Should we try to squeeze in the water parks or not? We have a Water World near our house and 4 years ago in October we were wearing jackets at night it was so cold in Orlando.

Thoughts???
We have trouble fitting in the waterparks during 7 day trips in July, although our usual plan is to do a half day at AK then go directly to Blizzard Beach. I wouldn't go out of my way to get there. Any chance you can fit it in last minute if the weather turns out really nice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkgirl View Post
Anyone know where the light switch is for the outside balcony light at Yacht Club?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyT View Post
We remember looking for one everywhere at BC. Don't think there is one. Blame it on ambience.
I think that drove me crazy, too! Are the lights time or light- activated?

I'm up every morning at O-dark:30 and I think I actually dragged a floor lamp between the curtain and the balcony so I could read (I think it was at the BC, but could have been somewhere else...)
Old 08-20-2012, 09:29 AM   #808
georgiasmom
Mouseketeer

OT but just wanted to share I got Be Our Guest ADR for our post cruise trip in January!!!!
Old 08-20-2012, 09:31 AM   #809
Scott MC
DIS Veteran

A few pics for y'all. :-)

[IMG][/IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Old 08-20-2012, 11:00 AM   #810
333disneymom
DIS Veteran

NinjaMom - sending positive thoughts for your Mom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiasmom View Post
OT but just wanted to share I got Be Our Guest ADR for our post cruise trip in January!!!!
Congrats! We just booked ours too - for our December trip. Can't wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott MC View Post
A few pics for y'all. :-)
Great pics! Congrats on the upgrade.

Last edited by 333disneymom; 08-20-2012 at 03:52 PM.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: