Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2012, 07:59 PM   #781
DT83097
DIS Veteran

Scott - what an incredible room - i think we (all of us here now) need a tour!!

I have to apologize for not following up on the roll-away cot issue....my MIL said she would sleep on daybed so kiddos would have more room so I never asked at the desk.

Aug 1997 CBR; 2000 CSR; April 2002 Offsite; April 2007 Poly ; Aug 2007 CBR
Aug 2009 Poly; Sept 2010 YC; Sept 2011 Poly; Aug 2012 YC ;Feb 2013 BLT; Sept 2013 BC
CSR Feb 2014-upgraded to YC! ; June 2014 GF
Old 08-19-2012, 08:00 PM   #782
YCFAN

Have you seen my tag?

Scott MC: I love Narcoossee's!!! Enjoy and have a great anniversary dinner.
Register to remove

Old 08-19-2012, 08:04 PM   #783
NHKristy76
Senior Mousketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott MC View Post
So we got to BC at about 9:45, and Teena was fabulous....amazing.....and the kindest person ever.

There was this giant dump truck in front of the respect though.
And Tinkerbell was driving.
And it was full of Pixie Dust.
And they dropped all of it on us.

I'm writing this from the master bedroom of the Nantucket (Vice Presidential) Suite. DP cried and I don't think I spoke for over 1/2 hour. CM Chip was the sweetest and all I could mutter was "Wow," and "Thank You" over and over again.....very quietly...I was practically muttering.

I'm over the moon, devastatingly humbled, and floating on a cloud of Pixie Dust.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Wait. Wait..... I just realized that by you getting the upgrade TODAY that it won't be available for ME when I check in on Thursday!

Oh well... I guess I can always hope for the Presidential Suite!
Old 08-19-2012, 08:27 PM   #784
cindydare
Mouseketeer

NinjaMom--sending prayers for your mom
Old 08-19-2012, 08:41 PM   #785
ocalla
DIS Veteran

ScottMel: I would have been speachless!!! What a wonderful surprise.....enjoy it completely!

NM: Your mom is in my thoughts and prayers. Here's a giant hug from me and my family
90-Honeymoon Offsite 92-offsite 93-CBR 96 - CBR 97-DXL 2000-ASMo 2000-CBR 2001-Courtyard/DD 2004-Grosvenor 07/10-YC 05/11-BC - CL 05/12 BC 06/13 CSR 07/13 - BC/Poly split 02/14-WL 08/14 - POR/Universal 11/14 - AoA 12/14 - Disney Soccer Showcase
Me DH DD22 DD17 Maud Marie:cat
Old 08-19-2012, 08:42 PM   #786
natebenma
DIS Veteran

NinjaMom- sending positive thoughts your way for you and your mom and your family.
Old 08-19-2012, 08:47 PM   #787
Ninja Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by YCFAN View Post
NinjaMom: hope your Mom is ok.
Thanks for the thoughts everyone. The situation is hitting the fan as is wont to do in these circumstances. I'm sure many of us know that story when dealing with family and illness. Tomorrow the staff at the hospital is going to understand that my Mom is going to come first and get the care that she needs or they will be dealing with me and my soon to be arranged lawyer. It's so sad that the system overwhelms nurses so they can't provide appropriate care. I know it's not them. Priorities are going to change, names are going to be taken, deficiencies are going to be documented and butt is going to be kicked. They are no longer going to be dealing with my 75 year old father who can't be bothered to get up off a chair to get a nurse for my Mom's way overdue pain pill.

A new sheriff is coming to town.

~NM
Old 08-19-2012, 08:51 PM   #788
jakeybake
DIS Veteran

So cool Scott!!!

Congratulations on your sweet upgrade!! Nothing better than that!!

Jay
Old 08-19-2012, 09:25 PM   #789
Couchy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott MC View Post
So we got to BC at about 9:45, and Teena was fabulous....amazing.....and the kindest person ever.

There was this giant dump truck in front of the respect though.
And Tinkerbell was driving.
And it was full of Pixie Dust.
And they dropped all of it on us.

I'm writing this from the master bedroom of the Nantucket (Vice Presidential) Suite. DP cried and I don't think I spoke for over 1/2 hour. CM Chip was the sweetest and all I could mutter was "Wow," and "Thank You" over and over again.....very quietly...I was practically muttering.

I'm over the moon, devastatingly humbled, and floating on a cloud of Pixie Dust.

Sweet! That is amazing and beyond comprehension

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyrosa2 View Post
Can't believe our vaca is almost over. We have spent 9 wonderful days here at the BC and leave tomorrow night. Having never visited in August, and reading a few negative reviews about crowds & weather at this time of year, I really went in preparing for the worse & hoping for the best....all I can say is we were very pleasantly surprised! Yes it has been hot but not as bad as we thought and as for crowds, we found some parks to be much lighter than expected and others to be manageable (we found Epcot crowds extremely light compared to F&W crowds). We've gone to SAB everyday with the exception of yesterday due to the weather, and have always managed to find chairs). We just spent a wonderful day at SAB and the slide is definitely up & running. We also did a first today and tackled the kitchen sink at Beaches & Cream. Although we didn't quite finish it, we truly enjoyed every bite . Not sure if we just got lucky with the weather & crowds but we cannot get over what a great week it's been and are actually thinking about another August stay next year. Extending our trip to a 10 day stay really gave us the opportunity to stop &
smell the roses so to speak...we've managed to do all the "musts" and yet
managed quite a bit of downtime as well - something we don't always get to
do. I'm so glad that I ignored the negative comments about August and while I'm sad to be leaving tomorrow, I'm so excited about planning another vacation.
Glad you had a fantastic trip. It is so hard to leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Mom View Post
Thanks for the thoughts everyone. The situation is hitting the fan as is wont to do in these circumstances. I'm sure many of us know that story when dealing with family and illness. Tomorrow the staff at the hospital is going to understand that my Mom is going to come first and get the care that she needs or they will be dealing with me and my soon to be arranged lawyer. It's so sad that the system overwhelms nurses so they can't provide appropriate care. I know it's not them. Priorities are going to change, names are going to be taken, deficiencies are going to be documented and butt is going to be kicked. They are no longer going to be dealing with my 75 year old father who can't be bothered to get up off a chair to get a nurse for my Mom's way overdue pain pill.

~NM
Saying some prayers for your mom and family

4 trips as a kid.2002-Westgate, 2004 -Hilton DTD, 2005 -Westgate, 2007 -Royal Sun DTD, 2008 Hilton DTD, April 2011 -Swan, Dec 2011-Dolphin/ Yacht Club , Feb 2012 -Solo@Swan , April 2012-Dolphin with our friends, june/july 2012 - Beach Club
Old 08-19-2012, 09:33 PM   #790
BLTtinkerbell
DIS Veteran

Scott - Happy Anniversary! Enjoy that awesome upgrade! WOW!

NinjaMom - You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Old 08-19-2012, 09:45 PM   #791
disneydee6
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post

I'll put you on the list for May(be). Let us know when your plans firm up.

Personally, I would request "Full balconies, please. Connecting rooms if possible."
Thanks!!! So nice
Old 08-19-2012, 10:56 PM   #792
skepace
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by YCFAN View Post
That's great to hear! We have never been but it is on our list.

Need some help deciding. We are going Oct 9-15. Should we try to squeeze in the water parks or not? We have a Water World near our house and 4 years ago in October we were wearing jackets at night it was so cold in Orlando.

Thoughts???

http://shawnpace.myoilproducts.com
Old 08-19-2012, 11:39 PM   #793
Angel16
Member of the 'Jambo! WildBunch'
Mouseketeer

Scott - Congratulations on the wonderful pixie dust and upgrade. I am SO SO happy for you. Happy Anniversary to you both! What a memorable day you are having!

Dinner at Narcoossee's tonight, a great restaurant with wonderful views. Let the pixie dust continue.

Angel16
Old 08-19-2012, 11:52 PM   #794
Angel16
Member of the 'Jambo! WildBunch'
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Mom View Post

~NM
Ninja Mom a sheriff coming to town to kick butt. Sounds great to me as well as a good movie title. I know what you are going through and it is so very difficult. How wonderful that your mom has you to make sure she is being cared for properly. My dad was in a simular situation and I had to "get things straightened out" Sending prayers and positive thoughts for you and your family.

Angel16
Old 08-20-2012, 12:08 AM   #795
Scott MC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Mom

SQUEEE!!!!!!!! (That's what NM does when she can't speak!)

I am so glad that you are sharing all of this with us. Let me tell you I really needed to hear something good today... My Mom is in the hospital and it's not good. I needed to go on the Dis to decompress and this was that BOMB!
Thank you, thank you, Thank you!

~NM
My pleasure! And of course, my thoughts are with you and your mom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT Disney

Wow! I am so jealous...umm I mean happy for you...no wait, jealous....hold on, make that happy for you...I give up. Is it alright if I'm both?!?!

Have an awesome time!
Feel free to be jealous. I would be!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendywoo

WOW!! Hope you have an amazing time!!
La, but we are!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DT83097
Scott - what an incredible room - i think we (all of us here now) need a tour!! :.
If I could, I would!

Quote:
Originally Posted by YCFAN
I have always loved the place, but tonight was a little off. I don't want to be negative though, so I'll say that next time, we'll go back to Citrico's or CG, our other favorites!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHKristy76

Wait. Wait..... I just realized that by you getting the upgrade TODAY that it won't be available for ME when I check in on Thursday!

Oh well... I guess I can always hope for the Presidential Suite!
Actually, sadly, we check out on Tuesday. Only 2 nights here. But then we go to BWI-CL.... I think we'll survive!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocalla
ScottMel: I would have been speachless!!! What a wonderful surprise.....enjoy it completely!

:
Speechless is the right word.... Or maybe dazed and confused!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakeybake
So cool Scott!!!

Congratulations on your sweet upgrade!! Nothing better than that!!

Jay
Actually, it's a "suite" upgrade. (I'm on a roll tonight. )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couchy
Sweet! That is amazing and beyond comprehension
NO! SUITE! :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLTtinkerbell
Scott - Happy Anniversary! Enjoy that awesome upgrade! WOW!

Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel16
Scott - Congratulations on the wonderful pixie dust and upgrade. I am SO SO happy for you. Happy Anniversary to you both! What a memorable day you are having!

Dinner at Narcoossee's tonight, a great restaurant with wonderful views. Let the pixie dust continue.

Angel16
I don't think there's any left!!!!!!

Thanks for all your kind words. It's been quite a day! Off to sleep...perchance to dream. Tomorrow, I have no plans to leave the BC/YC complex....and I can't wait!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: