Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2012, 03:25 PM   #766
KJay
DIS Veteran

I read on another site that the Flying Jib slide was closed for repairs- does anyone know anything about it? Thanks!
Old 08-19-2012, 03:49 PM   #767
donnaf516
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJay View Post
I read on another site that the Flying Jib slide was closed for repairs- does anyone know anything about it? Thanks!
DS has really been looking forward to the slide. Hope it's up soon!

August 2010 - POR O August 2011 - CBR O February 2012 - Pop O August 2012 - BC O August 2013 - POFQ O August 2014 - POFQ O December 2014 - AOA
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-19-2012, 05:16 PM   #768
Scott MC
DIS Veteran

So we got to BC at about 9:45, and Teena was fabulous....amazing.....and the kindest person ever.

There was this giant dump truck in front of the respect though.
And Tinkerbell was driving.
And it was full of Pixie Dust.
And they dropped all of it on us.

I'm writing this from the master bedroom of the Nantucket (Vice Presidential) Suite. DP cried and I don't think I spoke for over 1/2 hour. CM Chip was the sweetest and all I could mutter was "Wow," and "Thank You" over and over again.....very quietly...I was practically muttering.

I'm over the moon, devastatingly humbled, and floating on a cloud of Pixie Dust.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Old 08-19-2012, 05:18 PM   #769
mommyrosa2
DIS Veteran

So sad to leave....

Can't believe our vaca is almost over. We have spent 9 wonderful days here at the BC and leave tomorrow night. Having never visited in August, and reading a few negative reviews about crowds & weather at this time of year, I really went in preparing for the worse & hoping for the best....all I can say is we were very pleasantly surprised! Yes it has been hot but not as bad as we thought and as for crowds, we found some parks to be much lighter than expected and others to be manageable (we found Epcot crowds extremely light compared to F&W crowds). We've gone to SAB everyday with the exception of yesterday due to the weather, and have always managed to find chairs). We just spent a wonderful day at SAB and the slide is definitely up & running. We also did a first today and tackled the kitchen sink at Beaches & Cream. Although we didn't quite finish it, we truly enjoyed every bite . Not sure if we just got lucky with the weather & crowds but we cannot get over what a great week it's been and are actually thinking about another August stay next year. Extending our trip to a 10 day stay really gave us the opportunity to stop &
smell the roses so to speak...we've managed to do all the "musts" and yet
managed quite a bit of downtime as well - something we don't always get to
do. I'm so glad that I ignored the negative comments about August and while I'm sad to be leaving tomorrow, I'm so excited about planning another vacation.
1997:Travelodge-DTD| 2005:ASMu| 2007:POP| 2009:CSR| 2010:AKL| 2011:BC CL| 2012:BC CL| 2013:BC CL| Oct. 2013:BC|Aug. 2014:GF| Oct. 2014: CR CL &YC CL| Dec. 2014: CSR| Jan 2015: CSR|Aug 2015: CR CL & Poly CL

Old 08-19-2012, 05:19 PM   #770
cindydare
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott MC View Post
So we got to BC at about 9:45, and Teena was fabulous....amazing.....and the kindest person ever.

I'm writing this from the master bedroom of the Nantucket (Vice Presidential) Suite. DP cried and I don't think I spoke for over 1/2 hour. CM Chip was the sweetest and all I could mutter was "Wow," and "Thank You" over and over again.....very quietly...I was practically muttering.

I'm over the moon, devastatingly humbled, and floating on a cloud of Pixie Dust.

Just watched your video.....WOW!!! Have a great vacation!!
Old 08-19-2012, 05:35 PM   #771
MickeyT
DIS Veteran

Quote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbzQi...e_gdata_player

Hey ScottMC....I'm going to go ahead and post the link to your YouTube video for the folks not following you on Twitter. Amazing!

Old 08-19-2012, 05:40 PM   #772
YCFAN

Have you seen my tag?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott MC

O........M...........G!!!!!!!! Enjoy! Don't you just LOVE Tinkerbell and all the MAGICAL things she does for each and every ONE of us!!!
Old 08-19-2012, 06:37 PM   #773
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott MC

Wow! How'd you manage that?? Enjoy!!!! :-)
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Old 08-19-2012, 06:46 PM   #774
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Scott- that is incredible!!! Congratulations! Enjoy! (and please take lots of pictures)

Mike- thanks so much for posting the video link for those of us who are not on Twitter!
Old 08-19-2012, 06:50 PM   #775
NHKristy76
Senior Mousketeer

Quote:

WOW!!!! That is so very cool!

Have a magical trip and enjoy every minute of this time with your family!
Old 08-19-2012, 07:45 PM   #776
Ninja Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:

SQUEEE!!!!!!!! (That's what NM does when she can't speak!)

I am so glad that you are sharing all of this with us. Let me tell you I really needed to hear something good today... My Mom is in the hospital and it's not good. I needed to go on the Dis to decompress and this was that BOMB!
Thank you, thank you, Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyrosa2 View Post
Can't believe our vaca is almost over. We have spent 9 wonderful days here at the BC and leave tomorrow night. Having never visited in August, and reading a few negative reviews about crowds & weather at this time of year, I really went in preparing for the worse & hoping for the best....all I can say is we were very pleasantly surprised! Yes it has been hot but not as bad as we thought and as for crowds, we found some parks to be much lighter than expected and others to be manageable (we found Epcot crowds extremely light compared to F&W crowds). We've gone to SAB everyday with the exception of yesterday due to the weather, and have always managed to find chairs). We just spent a wonderful day at SAB and the slide is definitely up & running. We also did a first today and tackled the kitchen sink at Beaches & Cream. Although we didn't quite finish it, we truly enjoyed every bite . Not sure if we just got lucky with the weather & crowds but we cannot get over what a great week it's been and are actually thinking about another August stay next year. Extending our trip to a 10 day stay really gave us the opportunity to stop &
smell the roses so to speak...we've managed to do all the "musts" and yet
managed quite a bit of downtime as well - something we don't always get to
do. I'm so glad that I ignored the negative comments about August and while I'm sad to be leaving tomorrow, I'm so excited about planning another vacation.
Woo Hoo!
The best way to survive the end of the trip is to start planning the next one! Thanks for pointing out that it doesn't pay to worry. Sometimes we get too consumed by the small things and stress out before the trip. I've found that this only wears me down so I have less energy by the time the trip happens. I'm really working on not sweating the small stuff.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and the details of your trip. I find myself realizing that I might not have the energy for the usual commando trip with all the changes I have experienced from my cancer surgery. It's very reassuring to know that Disney is the kind of place where I can slow down and really enjoy all the many other things that the parks and resorts offer, instead of charging ahead with the thundering herds on the way to "Soar Story Mountain".

WDW really is delicious with all of the layers of entertainment that are offered. I always tell people that wonder why we go, that WDW is the best vacation value per dollar spent. That's the sort of thing that you either 'get' or you don't!

Don't be too sad when the Magical Depress comes to drag you home. Just tell yourself you'll be back again soon!

~NM
Old 08-19-2012, 07:47 PM   #777
Scott MC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindydare

Just watched your video.....WOW!!! Have a great vacation!!
It can't get much better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyT

Hey ScottMC....I'm going to go ahead and post the link to your YouTube video for the folks not following you on Twitter. Amazing!
Thanks for doing that.... And yes amazing is the operative word.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YCFAN

O........M...........G!!!!!!!! Enjoy! Don't you just LOVE Tinkerbell and all the MAGICAL things she does for each and every ONE of us!!!
Peter Pan is my fave movie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977

Wow! How'd you manage that?? Enjoy!!!! :-)
We didn't do anything, just a tremendous staff with buckets of .... Well.... Sand! And pixie dust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma
Scott- that is incredible!!! Congratulations! Enjoy! (and please take lots of pictures)

Mike- thanks so much for posting the video link for those of us who are not on Twitter!
Done and done!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHKristy76

WOW!!!! That is so very cool!

Have a magical trip and enjoy every minute of this time with your family!
I am!

Currently in the GF lobby waiting for the deluge to let up so we can face to Narcoossee's! Yay for anniversary dinner!

Old 08-19-2012, 07:53 PM   #778
CT Disney
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Wow! I am so jealous...umm I mean happy for you...no wait, jealous....hold on, make that happy for you...I give up. Is it alright if I'm both?!?!

Have an awesome time!

Old 08-19-2012, 07:59 PM   #779
wendywoo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyT View Post

WOW!! Hope you have an amazing time!!
Old 08-19-2012, 07:59 PM   #780
YCFAN

Have you seen my tag?

NinjaMom: hope your Mom is ok.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: