Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2012, 06:47 AM   #751
WDW Freak
Long Time Lurker

We are at BC now. We arrived on Friday morning with no travel delays. Got in to MCO @ 9:45 am, walked straight To ME and only had to wait about 10 mins. total before our bus was rolling. Arrived at BC after stopping at POR and BW and our room was ready! We dropped of our stuff and headed to the MK. I had forgotten to order water, so I ordered it from Turner Drugs on the way in on the bus and it was in our room, along with our luggage when we got back later that afternoon.

We then hit SAB and I couldn't get my DS 9 off of the slide. I think he went down it about 25 times. After a quick cleanup we were off to Epcot. We did DS yesterday morning with EMH. We normally visit in January or Sept., so I am finding the crowds to be quite heavy. DS wasn't too bad, but the MK was wall-to-wall people. We left after playing the Sorcerers game for a while and came back to play in SAB.

FYI - We have had no problem finding a chair at SAB in the late afternoon. There are towels on most of them, but there always seem to be 1 or 2 scattered around that are empty. They are also checking room keys still for every member of your party, which I appreciate! We also brought 2 noodles from home, so I'll leave them as new adoptees for the noodle family if the others can't be located.

We are off to the MK again the morning because the boys just can't get enough of Sorcerers. Have a magical day!

FW-76,78,79, Off-site-80, FW-81,82, CBR-90, FW-3/92, ASM/WL-12/96, BC/DI-5/98, CBR-9/98, YC-5/99, BC-1/00, YC-9/00, Poly-4/01, BC-12/01, BWV-1/04, SOG/BCV-9/04, GF/OKW-12/05, AKL-9/06, SOG/OKW/DCL-1/07, BWV-9/07, YC/OKW-1/08, OKW-1/09, BLT-1/10, OKW - 1/11, Hawaii 1/12, BC 8/12, OKW 9/13, POFQ 11/14
Old 08-19-2012, 07:06 AM   #752
TMEF23
Mouseketeer

It is so funny how people interpret crowds differently. Now mind you we aren't riding any of the mountains and only things my toddlers can go, but I didn't think the crowds were too bad at MK yesterday. We even saw the parade with a front row spot picked 2 minutes prior to tge start.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-19-2012, 07:10 AM   #753
mmtwinmama
Mouseketeer

Hi! Haven't been able to throw in updates. The wifi isn't that great. I get kicked off often.
Sitting on my balcony again taking in this gorgeous view.
The boys and I went to Epcot yesterday. They let us through IG around 9:50. I walked to get Soarin FPs while they headed to SOAT. Got 9:45 - 10:45 RT. we stayed in future world until 11 because they wanted to find hidden mickeys. In the pouring rain! Total memory making day. We had a blast.
Went to SAB around 2 and the slide was closed. They said it was being repaired.
We are LOVING the lounge. For some reason my picker eaters are trying (and loving) everything! Just that alone is worth it!
Old 08-19-2012, 07:36 AM   #754
kcbonnies
Earning My Ears

You are looking live at the lobby of the beach club resort in sunny, for now, Florida.
So the big surprise was interesting. My oldest, 9, sat right up blinked twice and declared "but I haven't done my nails" (any one else think I am in trouble with this one?)
My youngest, 4, walked around in a fog and kept asking "where are we going again?"
And my middle one, woke up, burst into angry tears and said "I am not going!" Grabbed her blanket, rolled over and went back to sleep!

Great first day. We were upgraded to a garden view and are overlooking a lovely courtyard. We spent yesterday at AK. Rode EE four times even though we did not get there until 2:30.

More updates later. MK today!
Old 08-19-2012, 08:07 AM   #755
Kteacher
Not your average kindergarten teacher
Judge Judy stole my iced tea!
REALLY good at keeping secrets

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenaS View Post
Thanks ... I can't wait to hug her again Tuesday night when I get to Vegas!!!

I hope to meet you in October!
Likewise . I am so excited to be staying at the BC this trip
Old 08-19-2012, 08:14 AM   #756
Me!Thatswho
Mouseketeer

Great first day it the parks.

We hit DHS first. Rode RnR x2, ToT x2, TSM, GMR, & ST. Saw B&tB, and drew Mickey/Minnie in the Animation Studios.

Then, mid-day, went over to Epcot.

Played Where's Perry through England, Mexico & Finland. Ate dinner for the first time at the San Angel Inn. Rode Malestrom, SE, & Nemo.

We finished the day with a swim in SAB. The flying job, however, was down all day.

It was wet in the morning, but warm & humid in afternoon. It was pretty crowded, but it wasn't a problem it you worked the crowds correctly.

Every CM was really friendly!

Off to TL this morning & MK tonight for EMHs.

NOTE: this would have been more detailed, had I not accidentally closed the browser when I was almost through my longer update. Tomorrows with be more colorful, I promise.
August, 2005 - WDW All-Stars Movies & All-Stars Music -- May, 2006 - WDW Port Orleans French Quarter for SWW -- June, 2007 - WDW Contemporary for SWW -- Dec, 2007 - WDW Pop Century & Contemporary for MVMCP -- July, 2008 - DL Disneyland Hotel -- Dec, 2008 - Jan, 2009 - WDW Polynesian; NYE @ DHS -- Dec, 2009 - Jan, 2010 - WDW Polynesian; NYE: breakfast at AK; mid-day @ Blizzard Beach; evening @ Epcot for Illuminations; fireworks on Poly beach -- Oct, 2010 - WDW Polynesian for MNSSHP -- Nov, 2011 - DL Grand Californian Hotel -- Aug 2012 - WDW Beach Club CL -- Jan 2013 - WDW Yacht Club CL -- Dec 2013 - WDW Port Orleans Riverside: DD danced in XMas parade taping -- July 2014 - DLP Hotel New York -- Nov 2014 - WDW Yacht Club

My first ever Trip Report - DLP or bust! w/ Lots of Pics!
Old 08-19-2012, 08:26 AM   #757
tsme
DIS Veteran

so sad & disappointed

I found out today the IPO I emailed our flight information to never actually entered it in the computer. (I have the email from her confirming it was all taken care of ) So now we were told that we wouldn't be getting our tags until 2-3 days before we leave!! I am so disappointed in the IPO & freaked out to have to wait & hope it gets here in time.
Old 08-19-2012, 08:40 AM   #758
Couchy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDW Freak View Post
We are at BC now. We arrived on Friday morning with no travel delays. Got in to MCO @ 9:45 am, walked straight To ME and only had to wait about 10 mins. total before our bus was rolling. Arrived at BC after stopping at POR and BW and our room was ready! We dropped of our stuff and headed to the MK. I had forgotten to order water, so I ordered it from Turner Drugs on the way in on the bus and it was in our room, along with our luggage when we got back later that afternoon.

We then hit SAB and I couldn't get my DS 9 off of the slide. I think he went down it about 25 times. After a quick cleanup we were off to Epcot. We did DS yesterday morning with EMH. We normally visit in January or Sept., so I am finding the crowds to be quite heavy. DS wasn't too bad, but the MK was wall-to-wall people. We left after playing the Sorcerers game for a while and came back to play in SAB.

FYI - We have had no problem finding a chair at SAB in the late afternoon. There are towels on most of them, but there always seem to be 1 or 2 scattered around that are empty. They are also checking room keys still for every member of your party, which I appreciate! We also brought 2 noodles from home, so I'll leave them as new adoptees for the noodle family if the others can't be located.

We are off to the MK again the morning because the boys just can't get enough of Sorcerers. Have a magical day!
Fantastic! So nice when you can have so much fun on arrival day. I love that slide, it is so fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmtwinmama View Post
Hi! Haven't been able to throw in updates. The wifi isn't that great. I get kicked off often.
Sitting on my balcony again taking in this gorgeous view.
The boys and I went to Epcot yesterday. They let us through IG around 9:50. I walked to get Soarin FPs while they headed to SOAT. Got 9:45 - 10:45 RT. we stayed in future world until 11 because they wanted to find hidden mickeys. In the pouring rain! Total memory making day. We had a blast.
Went to SAB around 2 and the slide was closed. They said it was being repaired.
We are LOVING the lounge. For some reason my picker eaters are trying (and loving) everything! Just that alone is worth it!
How fun! Memories in the rain can be so amazing sometime. I love that you did not let it get you down and just made a great day of it

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcbonnies View Post
You are looking live at the lobby of the beach club resort in sunny, for now, Florida.
So the big surprise was interesting. My oldest, 9, sat right up blinked twice and declared "but I haven't done my nails" (any one else think I am in trouble with this one?)
My youngest, 4, walked around in a fog and kept asking "where are we going again?"
And my middle one, woke up, burst into angry tears and said "I am not going!" Grabbed her blanket, rolled over and went back to sleep!

Great first day. We were upgraded to a garden view and are overlooking a lovely courtyard. We spent yesterday at AK. Rode EE four times even though we did not get there until 2:30.

More updates later. MK today!
Good luck with that 9 year old in a few years

4 trips as a kid.2002-Westgate, 2004 -Hilton DTD, 2005 -Westgate, 2007 -Royal Sun DTD, 2008 Hilton DTD, April 2011 -Swan, Dec 2011-Dolphin/ Yacht Club , Feb 2012 -Solo@Swan , April 2012-Dolphin with our friends, june/july 2012 - Beach Club
Old 08-19-2012, 09:03 AM   #759
Katesdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Mom View Post
Hmm...... I know how us Beach Club lovers can fix this! We'll just leave a note that says the gazebo will be back in time for the next wedding. There is no reason we can't share, huh?~NM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkgirl View Post
Just back from Animal Kingdom, opened the balcony door and there was a wedding just about to start.
THIS is what I'm talking about! Hope you got to watch a little of this. Sorry NM, we're not in a sharing mood over this
Old 08-19-2012, 09:20 AM   #760
Scott MC
DIS Veteran

On Magical Express! Seeing Teena in about 20 minutes!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Old 08-19-2012, 09:22 AM   #761
kaysmommie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott MC View Post
On Magical Express! Seeing Teena in about 20 minutes!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Have a great time! Say to Teena for us.
Old 08-19-2012, 09:49 AM   #762
chaoscent

Mouseketeer

DISboards Moderator

Hoping it is ok to post this here

You have all inspired me. As I have posted before I have stayed at all of the deluxes except the GF and the BC/YC. Since we are DVC I have stayed at the AKL, OKW, BW & BLT for my last 8 trips. This year I decided to try something new so I am staying at the Beach Club Villas. After spending months on this foum preparing for this trip, I knew I was going to love it. Now, in the way of explanation, I am a DISigner on the Creative DISign Forum. I make shirts for each of my trips. I have shirts for WL, OKW, BW and AKL. Normally I have to ask for help with the "I Love" shirts as I couldn't make the globe for the Mickey Head. Well this year when I wanted to make one for when I met Teena, I decided I wanted to do it all of the components myself. So I asked a fellow PI DISigner, she gave me step by step directions and here is one of the results.

If you would like to see the other ones, they are here.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2976815

Thanks everyone for all of the advice over the last few months. We leave in less than two weeks and I can hardly wait. Penny
Autograph Cards & Covers, Tshirts & Background Clip art are here http://s226.photobucket.com/albums/d...1Cent/?start=0 Our DISigns are free as we donate our time and talent to make them. If you like what we have made please consider a donation to Give Kids the World. To donate, please click the Power of 10 image in my signature.
Old 08-19-2012, 12:09 PM   #763
WDW4us2006
DIS Veteran

Flight delayed due to weather in Orlando.....aarrrggghhhhhh!

Is it that bad there?
Coronado Springs - 1999, 2005, 2014
Dolphin - 2013
Beach Club - 2003, 2006, 2010, 2012, 2013, March, June & August 2014!!

Disneyland Hotel - 2007
Old 08-19-2012, 12:42 PM   #764
BLTtinkerbell
DIS Veteran

Penny, That is awesome! I wouldn't even know where to begin.....

Old 08-19-2012, 02:30 PM   #765
hill6
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsme View Post
I found out today the IPO I emailed our flight information to never actually entered it in the computer. (I have the email from her confirming it was all taken care of ) So now we were told that we wouldn't be getting our tags until 2-3 days before we leave!! I am so disappointed in the IPO & freaked out to have to wait & hope it gets here in time.
We never got our tags in the mail and when we went to check in at airport they had our old resort that printed out. They fixed in a few min. But we arrived late at night and didn't have a participating airline so we had to get our bags anyway. Hope you get them before you go.

The Dark Side May 8-10.

Villas at Wilderness Lodge May 10-14
Kidani May 14-15. Hoping for last night at Wilderness Lodge
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: