Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2012, 07:56 AM   #466
Lifeisgood1
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
I have been following TigrLuvsPooh's live trip report and she says the CMs are saying December. Pretty extensive renovation. But there should be food and beverage accomodations while it is closed.
Thanks for the info I guess I will have to wait until next year to try one of the sunken treasures I have been reading about.

Old 08-13-2012, 08:03 AM   #467
outahere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott MC View Post
I also have a question about souvenirs if you'll forgive my off-topic-ness for a second. We have a lot of people to buy for this year, thanks to being at that age where all of our friends are having kids, and I was thinking. At the end of our stay....can the CL staff actually help us send everything home rather than us trying to pack it? And if so....any idea what this would cost? I'm thinking that if the CMs can help us and keep it around or under $20-25...it might be the way to go.
Not sure if the CL CMs can help, but if not, the business center at the YC can pack things up and ship them for you. I was in there a few times last August using a PC to reschedule flights online and they had quite a bit of packing material.

Disney Magic - April, 2004 / EB Panama Canal crossing - August, 2005 / Thanksgiving, 2006 / April, 2009 / February, 2011 / March, 2014
Disney Wonder - September, 2002 / April, 2007 / April, 2008 / Thanksgiving, 2009 / April, 2010
Disney Dream - April, 2011 / August, 2012 / February, 2014
Polynesian CL - August, 2004 / April, 2010 / August, 2010 / October, 2013
Yacht Club CL - August, 2011 / April, 2012 / August, 2012 / August, 2013 / April, 2014 / June, 2014
Grand Floridian Sugar Loaf CL - February, 2013
Wilderness Lodge CL - December, 2013
OKW - February, 2012 / June, 2013
VWL - August, 2006
WDW - offsite, more times than I can count since 1978
S/S Norway - 1984, 1985, 1991
Norwegian Pearl - Alaska - August, 2007
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-13-2012, 08:05 AM   #468
Hopefully
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by glovergirls View Post
How close are they to SAB?? I noticed you have stayed at the GF, how did you think it compared? Thanks!
SAB is a bit of a distance from the BCV's. Within the Villas themselves, the hallways can be pretty long. Remember the Villas are much bigger than single rooms. Then the Villa building is actually behind the BC itself. So you need to walk from the Villas to the hotel (not too bad) then through the lobby and out to SAB. We don't find it too bad, but it is further than from the BC itself.
As a PP stated, the Dunes Cove Pool is right outside of your door and it is a nice alternative.
The difference in size and convenience of the 1 BR Villa over a regular deluxe hotel room is enormous. You will have a fully equiped kitchen with a full size fridge and freezer, a dining area with table and chairs, a comfortable living room with sleep sofa, a wonderful Master Suite with a king size bed, and a whirlpool tub in the bathroom and a stackable washer and dryer. It is great. We do laundry which enables us to pack less.
We also do a grocery delivery from wegoshop.com. It is so convenient. Even if you don't plan on cooking big meals it is great. We order breakfast items, fruit, juice coffee, water, soda, beer, wine, cheese and crackers and other snacks for the room. We believe we save the cost of the delivery fee over buying things in the Marketplace.
Old 08-13-2012, 08:48 AM   #469
georgiasmom
Mouseketeer

trying with photobucket

Old 08-13-2012, 08:49 AM   #470
georgiasmom
Mouseketeer

YEAH it worked! I installed the photobucket app on my on my phone so hopefully I can include pictures in my live report.
Old 08-13-2012, 09:23 AM   #471
skepace
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJay View Post
I need some Y&BC good vibes, friends! When Dh & I booked this trip back at the beginning of the year (we were booked at CSR), we said we'd plan this trip and go...as long as we both still had our jobs (both have been a bit unsteady this year). Then, when I convinced him to switch over to BC after my brief visit their with my sis in June, we again said we'd do it...as long as we both still had our jobs. You can tell where I'm going with this, right?

I just found out my place of employment will be closing, and I'll be out of work in a few months. We're only two weeks away from BC!!

I did the math over and over, and tried to see how much $ I could recoup if I cancelled the trip. After much deliberation, we have decided that we're going. Between the money we'd lose out on (mostly airfare), and the crushing blow it would be to all three of us, we decided it wasn't worth it to cancel. Instead, we're committed to having the BEST damn vacation ever- because who knows when/if we'll ever be back!

On with the final stages of planning!
Best of luck to you and your family. We said we would only go when we booked our trip back in March if I had the bonus to pay for it. DW and I are firm believers of not using credit cards. Well, the numbers didn't come in since clients cancel and don't care about who it effects. But after we sat down and figured it out, we decided to go. We got a great deal and flights were free with my miles, it would be silly to cancel now. So got a credit card for 0% for 15 months and will just pay it in January.

Off to plan some more and start making a lists. Then buying the kids Halloween costumes since they still don't know we are going!!!!

http://shawnpace.myoilproducts.com
Old 08-13-2012, 10:18 AM   #472
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott MC View Post
I also have a question about souvenirs if you'll forgive my off-topic-ness for a second. We have a lot of people to buy for this year, thanks to being at that age where all of our friends are having kids, and I was thinking. At the end of our stay....can the CL staff actually help us send everything home rather than us trying to pack it? And if so....any idea what this would cost? I'm thinking that if the CMs can help us and keep it around or under $20-25...it might be the way to go.

Ok...back to BC/YC talk.... We can't wait! We also have been heavily tempted by YC on this trip. Do you think it'd be easy to wander over and see a room and possibly even the CL lounge?
Quote:
Originally Posted by outahere View Post
Not sure if the CL CMs can help, but if not, the business center at the YC can pack things up and ship them for you. I was in there a few times last August using a PC to reschedule flights online and they had quite a bit of packing material.

A CM in the Beach Club Marketplace gift shop helped us ship an item a couple of years ago (a wooden gun from Adventureland). I think it was around $10 for the shipping. If you purchase a lot of your items/souvenirs in the same place, and ship them home from there, you shouldn't be charged the Florida sales tax, so ask about that. It helps "offset" the shipping cost. Although I don't know if the rules have recently changed- I know I am now being charged sales tax for items I get mail order.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifeisgood1 View Post
Thanks for the info I guess I will have to wait until next year to try one of the sunken treasures I have been reading about.
From what I have read, there will still be bar service available (at the Poolside Gifts window). The Sunken Treasure may or may not be available, which is the case anyway since it is no longer on the regular HH menu and is only made if there is a bartender who knows the recipe.
Old 08-13-2012, 10:27 AM   #473
RobinHoodGirl
Which way to Sherwood Forest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couchy View Post
King Bed-

Our previous trip we had a king bed with a full balcony - room 2573 I believe.
The room was very spacious. It had a large open area with a couch and coffee table. There was no murphy bed but the room was amazing. It had a wet bar area with storage and a sink. This is where the coffee maker was set up as well.. The only thing I did not like about the room was the bathroom. The sink and mirror was inside the bathroom and it was a tight in there. I prefer the sink outside the bathroom area.( Our recent queen room had the outside sink)
The view of 2573 was awesome. Garden view- overlooking the volleyball court but could also see a bit of the lake and we joked that we could watch the movie on the beach from our balcony

Hope that helps
Thanks for the info!! Right now I say any info I can get on rooms with King Size beds at BC is super helpful.

Trips not till November but I'm already planning on having a post with pictures of what a room with a King is like since right now it's been like searching for the Holy Grail And I'm sure I'm not the only one who's had this question before (or will have again)
Old 08-13-2012, 11:04 AM   #474
stepdisney
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
I instantly turned into "one of those moms"
I think I'm going to start looking for ways to fit jive into my daily vocabulary

Quote:
Based on the info I have, HH will close down the last week in August, so around Aug 27. You should be fine next week.
I am soooo happy about this! I was stressing because we were so looking forward to burgers at HH while having an afternoon swim at SAB. You just made my day!

June 2000 1st trip off site~Oct. 2005 POP~ Aug/Sept. 2007 WL~Aug/Sept. 2008 AKL ~Aug/Sept. 2009 Kidani Village~Aug/Sept. 2010WL/Grand Gathering~ Aug. 2011 YC Aug. 2012 YC CL~Aug. 2014 AKL
Old 08-13-2012, 11:37 AM   #475
Mom23WildBoys
Earning My Ears

Got a room!

I just snagged a Garden View room at BC for our trip in 8 days! I'm so excited!!!

I was booked at Boardwalk, b/c originally there weren't any standard rooms available at BC (with the AP d/c), but last night I looked online, just on the off-chance one had become available, and it came up!

Can't wait to walk into the lobby and SMELL that BC smell!
Old 08-13-2012, 12:01 PM   #476
MickeyT
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiasmom View Post
YEAH it worked! I installed the photobucket app on my on my phone so hopefully I can include pictures in my live report.
YEEEEEESSSSSS! Looking forward to your report!

Old 08-13-2012, 12:43 PM   #477
Katesdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
If you purchase a lot of your items/souvenirs in the same place, and ship them home from there, you shouldn't be charged the Florida sales tax, so ask about that. It helps "offset" the shipping cost. Although I don't know if the rules have recently changed- I know I am now being charged sales tax for items I get mail order.
Unless Disney is taxable in the State the goods are being shipped to (FL) they should not be charging sales tax. Many on-line companies are now collecting the sales tax due to the States aggressively taking them to court for the tax and winning. Bottom line, if you are shipping your purchase at the store you are buying it, be sure to ask not to be charged sales tax. Just understand some of those working the register may not know how or why this is done so don't be afraid to ask for a manager.
Old 08-13-2012, 02:05 PM   #478
footballmouse
DIS Veteran

I have a request for a room, is there a phone # that I can call the BC directly or do I just go thru the regular registration #?
Old 08-13-2012, 02:10 PM   #479
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by footballmouse View Post
I have a request for a room, is there a phone # that I can call the BC directly?
No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by footballmouse View Post
or do I just go thru the regular registration #?
Yes.
Old 08-13-2012, 02:59 PM   #480
TigrLvsPooh
Disney's Ultimate Fan, and our very own Travel Channel television star!!!
Anthony's Girl
Got my way

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma

A CM in the Beach Club Marketplace gift shop helped us ship an item a couple of years ago (a wooden gun from Adventureland). I think it was around $10 for the shipping. If you purchase a lot of your items/souvenirs in the same place, and ship them home from there, you shouldn't be charged the Florida sales tax, so ask about that. It helps "offset" the shipping cost. Although I don't know if the rules have recently changed- I know I am now being charged sales tax for items I get mail order.

From what I have read, there will still be bar service available (at the Poolside Gifts window). The Sunken Treasure may or may not be available, which is the case anyway since it is no longer on the regular HH menu and is only made if there is a bartender who knows the recipe.
Rocky said the servers will all still be working the pool. So no problem getting your drinks. If your server doesn't know what a sunken treasure is (one server we had named Katie didn't) just tell them to tell the bartender. They all know how to make one.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: