Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2012, 07:50 PM   #3631
AlohaAnnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel
When do they remove the Holiday decorations at Beach Club? We will be staying there Jan 2-10 and would love to see it both decorated and regular look.

Also, is it possible to just boil water in those new coffee machines? If not, where could I boil water? I have a baby and I feed her formula.
You could always buy a small electric tea kettle & bring it with you. I have one at home and it boils my water when making tea or coffee. Just a suggestion.

POR June 2006 POP May/June 2008 CBR Pirate Room & BC May/June 2009 Vero Beach & CSR & AKV Kidani May/June 2010 BLT Oct 2010 BWV March/April 2011 AKV Kidani Dec 2011 BCV/BLT June 2013
WL CL & AKV - Jambo Studio CL March/April2014

June 2013 Dining Report PTR Spring Break 2014
Old 11-21-2012, 08:35 PM   #3632
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couchy View Post

This is very good news. I trucked on over to the Boardwalk gym on our last trip

In other news My DH won a important contest at work that will save the company big $$$$ and time. He was rewarded with a sizeable Disney gift card After much discussion we booked our first Disney cruise. A 5 day Caribbean cruise in Feb because we found a great rate for this cruise We were able to apply the gift card to the booking and now our out of pocket expense was cut by over 1/3
I am nervous and excited. I have never cruised before
Congrats to you both!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
When do they remove the Holiday decorations at Beach Club? We will be staying there Jan 2-10 and would love to see it both decorated and regular look.

Also, is it possible to just boil water in those new coffee machines? If not, where could I boil water? I have a baby and I feed her formula.
They have the Cusinart Pod coffee machines now. so you can get a cup of hot water, just run it without coffee. If you need more hot water you can go down to The Marketplace. There is a hot water spigot for tea next to coffee machine.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 20-Sept 3 2014 Poly
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-21-2012, 08:47 PM   #3633
Couchy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
That is fantastic!!! Congrats to your DH and for you!!!

What are your ports of call?
It's a 5 day cruise so only 2 ports of call. We leave from Miami and go to Cozumel and then the famous Castaway Cay which I am very excited to visit. When he brought the "prize" home I checked out what we could do and found a really good price on this cruise so I jumped on it. He was thrilled because the giftcard covered a decent portion of the cruise

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenaS View Post
If you have any cruise questions, I know Disney cruises inside and out and would be happy to answer any of your questions.
I was thinking about you and your cruise expertise. I will probably have a million questions when I start to plan over the weekend. I have never cruised before. I will send a PM at some point with some questions. I will be happy to take any tips you might have to tell me

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixarmom View Post
Congrats, Couchy! Hope you love DCL as much as we do!!! I'm missing the Wonder so much that I haven't been able to return to the cruise boards since I said my "thank yous" for fish extender gifts and posted a review of our most wonderful August vacation. Still watching to see where the Wonder will go next . . .
I am so excited Nervous too because this is new for me and I am good with things I know and sometimes new things make me nervous I will admit but I have already been looking into future cruises as well

4 trips as a kid.2002-Westgate, 2004 -Hilton DTD, 2005 -Westgate, 2007 -Royal Sun DTD, 2008 Hilton DTD, April 2011 -Swan, Dec 2011-Dolphin/ Yacht Club , Feb 2012 -Solo@Swan , April 2012-Dolphin with our friends, june/july 2012 - Beach Club
Old 11-21-2012, 08:48 PM   #3634
Couchy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
Congrats to you both!

They have the Cusinart Pod coffee machines now. so you can get a cup of hot water, just run it without coffee. If you need more hot water you can go down to The Marketplace. There is a hot water spigot for tea next to coffee machine.
Thanks I am so very exicited

4 trips as a kid.2002-Westgate, 2004 -Hilton DTD, 2005 -Westgate, 2007 -Royal Sun DTD, 2008 Hilton DTD, April 2011 -Swan, Dec 2011-Dolphin/ Yacht Club , Feb 2012 -Solo@Swan , April 2012-Dolphin with our friends, june/july 2012 - Beach Club
Old 11-21-2012, 08:58 PM   #3635
Nancyg56
DIS Veteran

One more day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-21-2012, 09:21 PM   #3636
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlohaAnnie View Post
You could always buy a small electric tea kettle & bring it with you. I have one at home and it boils my water when making tea or coffee. Just a suggestion.
Thanks. If I have no choice I will do that, but I'm trying to avoid having to pack more things since we have to pay for checked luggage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
Thank you! That's exactly what I was hoping to hear.
Old 11-21-2012, 09:30 PM   #3637
WendyWuWu
Mouseketeer

One more day! We'll be there Friday for 11 days!!!

Me..Wendy DH..Larry DS..Adam DN...Allie

Offsite..1992; Offsite...1995; POR..2004; CBR...2008; POFQ...2009; WL/BLT...2010; YC...2011; YC...2012; SOG...2013
Old 11-21-2012, 09:34 PM   #3638
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couchy View Post
I was thinking about you and your cruise expertise. I will probably have a million questions when I start to plan over the weekend. I have never cruised before. I will send a PM at some point with some questions. I will be happy to take any tips you might have to tell me
I leave on the Disney Fantasy on Saturday so if you PM me and I don't get back to you for over a week, that's why.
Just a quick head's up: I've been at Castaway Cay pretty much every month of the year and in February, if you are lucky enough to get a warm enough day to actually hit the beach, the water at that time of the year will turn you blue. In March last year, we got lucky and had a warm day (wherein in past years it was too cold for me to hit the beach) but the water was so cold that I was the ONLY person in the water at the adult beach. I have to admit it was freezing cold but the air warmed me up enough to lay on my raft and float around. People don't realize that Castaway isn't the Caribbean, it's the Bahamas and that's pretty far north, so like central Florida, in November, December, January, February and March, it can be iffy for beach days there - same as it can be iffy at WDW as far as air temps during those months. However, the weather in Cozumel is super in February!! Our favorite time to cruise the Caribbean is in January and February!
Old 11-22-2012, 05:02 AM   #3639
Katesdad
DIS Veteran

Happy thanksgiving

HAPPY THANKGSIVING EVERYONE

Mickey has slid off the ticker and it's time to go. Dee, hope we find the new thread when we return. To all traveling this weekend, stay safe and have a great time at the World.
Old 11-22-2012, 06:00 AM   #3640
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Old 11-22-2012, 06:02 AM   #3641
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katesdad View Post
HAPPY THANKGSIVING EVERYONE

Mickey has slid off the ticker and it's time to go. Dee, hope we find the new thread when we return. To all traveling this weekend, stay safe and have a great time at the World.

Have a fantastic, magical trip!!! I am thrilled for you and So.Extremely.Jealous!

Can't wait to hear all about it.

Old 11-22-2012, 06:06 AM   #3642
MickeyT
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancyg56 View Post
One more day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WendyWuWu View Post
One more day! We'll be there Friday for 11 days!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katesdad View Post
Mickey has slid off the ticker and it's time to go.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenaS View Post
I leave on the Disney Fantasy on Saturday

Great time of the year to be traveling. (Aw...who am I kidding. It's always a great time to go on a Disney trip). Enjoy and be sure to let us know all the details when you return.

And hoping everyone has a wonder Thanksgiving!

Old 11-22-2012, 06:25 AM   #3643
Ninja Mom
DIS Veteran

Hey Everybody!

~NM
Old 11-22-2012, 06:58 AM   #3644
suemom2kay
DIS Veteran

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!!!

Hug the ones you love a little bit closer today!

For those of you Cruisin' and Beach Clubin'.... I agree with Dee.... So... Darn...JEALOUS!!!!

Have a wonderful time and safe travels!!!

Old 11-22-2012, 07:02 AM   #3645
JoshMom5
Now residing in ONEderland!!
My birthday wish was for some color

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Only TEN daysuntil we arrive!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: