Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2012, 10:48 AM   #3301
gwynne
DIS Veteran

It's crazy packing time here! Can't wait 'till I hear, "Welcome Home!"

One day!!:dance3:
Old 11-05-2012, 01:26 PM   #3302
suemom2kay
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post
It's crazy packing time here! Can't wait 'till I hear, "Welcome Home!"

One day!!:dance3:
So jealous!!!

Have a Magical Trip! Give Teena a hug for me!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-05-2012, 03:04 PM   #3303
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Don't know if I'm eligible for the BOG list in January, because we're splitting between Poly and BWI CL. I love so many resorts, but I usually get to try new resorts and keep BC/YC in the mix with split stays. I'll definitely be around BC/YC during our stay (minus SAB - boo!) And I promise to contribute photos!!! If Dee determines I'm eligible for the BOG list with a non-BC/YC stay, it's January 26-February 1.
Disneyland (x many since 1975), Poly (x many since 1983), BC (x many since 1992), BWI (x3), YC, CR, WL (x2), AKL, POFQ, Dolphin, CSR (x3), CBR, POR-Riverside, All Star Sports, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, runDisney: 2013 Inaugural Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and Cinderella Family 5K

January 2015: WDW Marathon (GF/BWI!)
Old 11-05-2012, 03:26 PM   #3304
pamkat1820
Mouseketeer

Thanks so much for the info. I was a little concerned about the am selections. I checked out all ears but it wasn't listed. Love all the information on this thread! Can't wait to make our trip official.

Me, DH, DD7, DS3

AKL May 2009, POR RR 2012, YC CL August 2013
Old 11-05-2012, 03:33 PM   #3305
autumnpalm
Hates dark rooms, is a big rule follower, & loves repitition
When I was a kid, I wanted to be a host on The Shopping Channel
I have a secret feeling that butterflies are sinister creatures

We're 9 months away but just booked for 3 nights at the BC before our stay at the GF. Have never stayed at the BC before but have stayed at the YC twice and LOVED it.

We decided to go with the Beach Club this time just to switch things up a little and try something new.

Doing the happy dance!
Old 11-05-2012, 07:51 PM   #3306
SarahJN
Mouseketeer

My family and I stayed at BC the last week of August. We absolutely loved it! We had connecting rooms - 3503 & 3505 - right next to the secret entrance/exit, which thanks to this thread, I knew all about. I just want to reiterate what everyone here says - the resort and pools are wonderful. My kids loved the little water slide and the pools were perfect for them.

I posted a ton of pictures on the resort photo thread last night - if you're interested.

Read my trip reports!

Old 11-05-2012, 07:56 PM   #3307
autumnpalm

Just a quick question--

We have a standard view booked for August 2013 but I have read that there really aren't any great standard views (i.e., gardens). Is it worth it upgrading the view? I'm just afraid of paying extra money for a nice view and then ending up with a room without a balcony!

Any advice from BC veterans? Thanks!
Old 11-05-2012, 07:59 PM   #3308
autumnpalm

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahJN View Post
My family and I stayed at BC the last week of August. We absolutely loved it! We had connecting rooms - 3503 & 3505 - right next to the secret entrance/exit, which thanks to this thread, I knew all about. I just want to reiterate what everyone here says - the resort and pools are wonderful. My kids loved the little water slide and the pools were perfect for them.

I posted a ton of pictures on the resort photo thread last night - if you're interested.
WOW beautiful photos, thank you so much for sharing, they have me so excited.

Your little girls are darling.
Old 11-05-2012, 08:07 PM   #3309
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by autumnpalm View Post
Just a quick question--

We have a standard view booked for August 2013 but I have read that there really aren't any great standard views (i.e., gardens). Is it worth it upgrading the view? I'm just afraid of paying extra money for a nice view and then ending up with a room without a balcony!

Any advice from BC veterans? Thanks!
To upgrade to a garden view is just a few dollars more a day. You have as much chance of getting a balcony with a standard view as a garden view. A garden view isn't always great but it's better than a standard for sure. A garden view may be deep overgrown woods. Anything that is not view of a roof, parking lot or water is a garden view. To upgrade to a super view (water view) is quite a bit more and again, as with the standard and garden views, that doesn't give you any better chance of getting a balcony.
Old 11-05-2012, 08:09 PM   #3310
autumnpalm

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenaS View Post
To upgrade to a garden view is just a few dollars more a day. You have as much chance of getting a balcony with a standard view as a garden view. A garden view isn't always great but it's better than a standard for sure. A garden view may be deep overgrown woods. Anything that is not view of a roof, parking lot or water is a garden view. To upgrade to a super view (water view) is quite a bit more and again, as with the standard and garden views, that doesn't give you any better chance of getting a balcony.
Thanks so much! Garden view it is.
Old 11-05-2012, 08:11 PM   #3311
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Teena, I hope I get to say hello to you tomorrow. If I miss you, please know how much I've appreciated all your input about the Beach Club on this thread. Your information and advice really helps!
Old 11-05-2012, 08:13 PM   #3312
lovemickeyshouse
DISNEY LOVER

Here right now on our Hooneymoon and my wife is sleeping long day got up at 3Am this morning for flight out of Philly had to move to another plane because of mechinal issues. But we got here at 1130 and now on 4th floor overlooking pool and Epcot fireworks going off as I write this and we went to LeCell Steakhouse and have our Just married buttons.T-Rex= major disappointment.Any questions feel free.
First deluxe stay Wilderness Lodge Dec 2010 with parents,Sis,Bro in Law 3 nrphews one of which my godson and his first Disney trip.September 2009 Pop 33rd Bday free dining trip was awesome. Been at Pop once in 2008 for World Series game 2 in Tampa and Port Orleans Riverside March 2008 family trip with parents and sis's family
It all started in 1980 and then 1985 and 1988 .No trips for 17 years and in 2005 I was at my 2nd home for the Superbowl what a story and since my Disney love went on. Can't wait for my next trip is the Hooneymoon in November 2012. Check out my internet show at [url]www.philliebeerman.com
Old 11-05-2012, 08:15 PM   #3313
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Teena, I hope I get to say hello to you tomorrow. If I miss you, please know how much I've appreciated all your input about the Beach Club on this thread. Your information and advice really helps!
I'm only working Saturday and Sunday.
Hope you are having a super time!
Old 11-05-2012, 08:15 PM   #3314
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Old 11-05-2012, 08:21 PM   #3315
SarahJN
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by autumnpalm View Post
WOW beautiful photos, thank you so much for sharing, they have me so excited.

Your little girls are darling.
Thank you! We had a water view rooms and the view was beautiful but the balconies were standing room only, which was a bit of a bummer. The saving grace was the fact that I could let the kids out there (it was narrow but long) and not have to worry about them standing on a chair or something.

Read my trip reports!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: