Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2012, 06:20 AM   #3256
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hill6 View Post
MinnieTink, Central Jersey here. Good score on the generator. We don't have one but we are stocked up and ready for what Sandy brings us.

We are leaving for Hawaii in 12 days and they said to prepare to not have power for 7-10 days. I am washing everything we need for the trip now.
Check in when you have a chance and let us know how you are doing!!!

Have a fantastic trip to Hawaii!!!
Old 11-03-2012, 06:26 AM   #3257
natebenma
DIS Veteran

I'm still catching up, but I have gone through pages 204-211

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridagirl61 View Post
natebenma,

Please add us to your list. We are staying from 9/7 - 9/15/13 at the Beach Club CL - 2 rooms.

Can't wait to see the grandkids faces

Thanks for adding us.

Sounds like a great trip! I'll add you to the list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberle View Post
We've our reservation booked for mid-April! I'm so excited to see Flower & Garden. We've only traveled in August, so it will be so nice to have decent weather. Our Dreams TA saved us $500 with a AAA rate. Still hoping a room discount will come out.

mid-April sounds AWESOME!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list

Quote:
Originally Posted by 333disneymom View Post
That's when we usually go. Love the beautiful flowers. We are doing the opposite of you next year and going in August instead. I know we'll miss the flowers though. Hope you get your discount.
Are you staying YC/BC/BCV for the August trip, or elsewhere? You can tell us. We understand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnTH View Post
Hey everyone. Hoping to join this board. Hopefully, will know on Thursday if we are staying at the Beach Club. We are renting points for June 1-7th. My family of 4 and my SIL and her 2 kids. Beach Club is our first choice - so, keeping my fingers crossed there is availability...Getting anxious and nervous.
Let us know if you were able to book the BC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by suemom2kay View Post
We are in Eastern PA. Our power went out at 5:15. I hear constant sirens. Yikes!

They won't even begin (rightfully so) restoring until the storm has passed so the tree guys and linemen are safe. Such a flashback to last years storm but fortunately it is much warmer this year. Stay safe everyone that is in the path of this great storm

Oh yeah, the good news. Finally matched the Beach Club through RCI for May. Yay!!! We'll be there 5/15-24th. Oh and Teena.... My friend bought a Tastycake route!!

back!

So glad you will be coming to the BC this spring. I'll add you to the list.

Speaking of Tastycakes- Our local grocery just started selling them. The kids LOVE the peanut butter KandyKakes. They were on sale 2 boxes/$5 lasat week.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-03-2012, 06:33 AM   #3258
natebenma
DIS Veteran

November Activities Schedule

Here is the activities schedule for November.

Thanks, Cathy and thanks BCV23 for the movie listings!
Old 11-03-2012, 06:38 AM   #3259
Clarabel
Earning My Ears

Awesome day yesterday. Quick breakfast at Ale and Compass ( great option BTW). Rope drop at magic kingdom and walk on rides until 11ish. Lunch at Peco Bills and then all the boys had a haircut at Main Street Barber's. That was so neat. The ladies in there were super patient.

Took the boat to the Polynesian and the boys took a motorized boat out on the lake whilst DH, DD and I enjoyed a dole whip and hammock for a few hours r&r. Bliss

Next, it was 'Ohanas for dinner and then the monorail to Contemporary. The kids enjoyed a pin trading event there and then we set sail on the pirate and pals cruise to see the very last hallowishes of the year. Amazing. All that planning really paid off

Came home to some fab towel animals in the room. Gotta love Disney

YC vs BC? We are in YC and DH and 2 boys love it best, say it feels 'more special' and 'more peaceful'. I kinda prefer BC. It 's definitely more convenient for marketplace, kids club, cape may etc and I find it bit more relaxing. You definitely won't feel disappointed with either choice and they both feel like part of your home resort anyway.
Old 11-03-2012, 08:11 AM   #3260
kelleigh1
Disney Baby
I sleep with Pooh & Mickey
Kicked off the school bus

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLTtinkerbell View Post
Are you watching our Pats?

I love Teppan Edo. Only wish they took TiW.
Nice pearl!

Enjoy Cape May! One of our favorites.
I dropped off from checking in on the boards and now we are getting ready to leave. Some observations...but first, to answer BLTinkerbelle, I couldn't watch the Pats because they were airing Jacksonville v. Green Bay. I did see updates but wish I could have seen it instead.

As for the trip, we realized that we're just not Deluxe people. We enjoyed the resort and walking to the parks, but we just really didn't take advantage of many of the amenities. We sat on the balcony once. We never went to SAB. We were also disappointed in the fact that there wasn't a place to fill mugs at YC after noon and after long days walking the parks, the walk to the Marketplace to fill up seemed even longer.

We also don't think we'll come back for F&W. It really was so crowded and we're just not drinkers so it doesn't hold thexsame appeal for us as it would other people. The Halloween party was fun but I really think Disney should cut back on the number of people that they let it. It was almost impossible to move sometimes. But...we did get to visit the new Fantasyland during the party and we rode Little Mermaid. That was great.

Now...to the food. Wexwere on Deluxe Dining. We won't be doing that again. I wont say itxwas too much food because we know how much we eat and we almost never cleaned our plates so we didn't stuff ourselves. What didn't work for us is that we felt that so much of our day was spent getting to and from that we missed out on park time. So if you are thinking Deluxe Dining, think about how important park time is to you. We did di a 2ts every day, so we weren't doing 3 meals a day, but even that ate up too much time.

As for what we ate...Citricos was our favorite. Great food and service. We didn't love Cape May dinner, but heading to breakfast soon. And while food at Captain's Grille was great, service was terribly slow. Took 2 hours from the time we sat to when we got the check. And the place was not busy at all.

Ok...time for breakfast. I will try to check in later!! Thanks again to everyone who contributes to this thread!!!

Childless doesn't mean that we're not a family. MLA RLA

Old 11-03-2012, 08:56 AM   #3261
333disneymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenaS
It was wonderful!!!

Loved Huntington Beach!!

As in the past, Jeanne and I found Disneyland and California Adventure not to be a fun experience. But Lily loved her weekend in California and it was good to get Jeanne away too!!

Now I'm counting down the days until they arrive for Christmas!!!! They are arriving on my birthday and it is by far the best birthday present I've ever received!!!
Sounds like a great trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M

We love the drawing class! Always a laugh for us, we really can't draw!!
The drawing class is one of my DD's favorite activities. We have quite a collection of characters. It's great when you have children to see how their abilities improve every year. My abilities have remained the same, however. LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma

Are you staying YC/BC/BCV for the August trip, or elsewhere? You can tell us. We understand.
We are hoping to do an AKL/BCV split. It will be a birthday trip for my DD. We have the AKL part booked, but have to wait for our 7 month mark for the BCV part. I'll let you know in January. Fingers crossed
Old 11-03-2012, 09:01 AM   #3262
JoshMom5
Now residing in ONEderland!!
My birthday wish was for some color

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelleigh1 View Post

As for the trip, we realized that we're just not Deluxe people. We enjoyed the resort and walking to the parks, but we just really didn't take advantage of many of the amenities. We sat on the balcony once. We never went to SAB. We were also disappointed in the fact that there wasn't a place to fill mugs at YC after noon and after long days walking the parks, the walk to the Marketplace to fill up seemed even longer.

Ok...time for breakfast. I will try to check in later!! Thanks again to everyone who contributes to this thread!!!
I hope you enjoy the breakfast. At least there are a lot of choices for WDW vacations. You never know until you try!

Old 11-03-2012, 09:26 AM   #3263
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelleigh1 View Post
I dropped off from checking in on the boards and now we are getting ready to leave. Some observations...but first, to answer BLTinkerbelle, I couldn't watch the Pats because they were airing Jacksonville v. Green Bay. I did see updates but wish I could have seen it instead.

We also don't think we'll come back for F&W. It really was so crowded and we're just not drinkers so it doesn't hold thexsame appeal for us as it would other people. The Halloween party was fun but I really think Disney should cut back on the number of people that they let it. It was almost impossible to move sometimes. But...we did get to visit the new Fantasyland during the party and we rode Little Mermaid. That was great.

Now...to the food. Wexwere on Deluxe Dining. We won't be doing that again. I wont say itxwas too much food because we know how much we eat and we almost never cleaned our plates so we didn't stuff ourselves. What didn't work for us is that we felt that so much of our day was spent getting to and from that we missed out on park time. So if you are thinking Deluxe Dining, think about how important park time is to you. We did di a 2ts every day, so we weren't doing 3 meals a day, but even that ate up too much time.

As for what we ate...Citricos was our favorite. Great food and service. We didn't love Cape May dinner, but heading to breakfast soon. And while food at Captain's Grille was great, service was terribly slow. Took 2 hours from the time we sat to when we got the check. And the place was not busy at all.

Thanks for your review. I agree with you that DxDDP just takes up too much time, and I've never wanted to be tied down to that many ADRs so we don't do it.
Sad you didn't make any use of SAB it's such a great pool. But, yes, deluxe isn't really worth it if you don't plan on having any resort time. We always build in a mid day break to enjoy the facilities

Question- would the mug refill station at Hurricane Hanna be closer then going over to The Marketplace? We are staying at YC in August, so just wondering. We prev. Stayed at BC, so Marketplace was easy.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 20-Sept 3 2014 GF & GF CL
Old 11-03-2012, 09:50 AM   #3264
WendyWuWu
Mouseketeer

After being absent for quite a while, I've been trying to catch up on this thread and realized that my dates are not listed on the Be Our Guest page. So....my dates are Nov 23- Dec 3 at YC. I'll be there again this year for a conference, but am mixing pleasure with business! Only 20 days and I'll be there! Can't wait!

Me..Wendy DH..Larry DS..Adam DN...Allie

Offsite..1992; Offsite...1995; POR..2004; CBR...2008; POFQ...2009; WL/BLT...2010; YC...2011; YC...2012; SOG...2013; YC...2014
Old 11-03-2012, 10:42 AM   #3265
DisneyMomx7
DIS Veteran

Teena- welcome back! Looks like you had a fantastic visit with Jeanne and Lily. Loved the pictures and the beach looked fabulous. What a great birthday treat!!!

Dee - loved the pictures of Flat Ben and the Jaws poster!

GF-2003,2004,2005,2006,2008,2009,2011,2013,2014
YC-2006,2007,2008,2014 POLY- 2006,2007,2008
BC-2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013
HRH-2004,2006, RPR-2012, 2014
Old 11-03-2012, 01:44 PM   #3266
Kimberle
WL Vet

Wow! Our ME vouchers came in the mail today! I've never received them so early.
Sept 04 CR 14th fl Concierge Aug 06 Royal Pacific, Club Level Aug 07 AKL, Club Level Aug 08, POR Aug 09 Beach Club Dec 10, Xmas in Tahiti Aug 11, WL Aug 12, Hawaii Apr 13, BC July 14, HRH, CR-MK Club Level

Old 11-03-2012, 03:13 PM   #3267
kelleigh1
Disney Baby
I sleep with Pooh & Mickey
Kicked off the school bus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
Thanks for your review. I agree with you that DxDDP just takes up too much time, and I've never wanted to be tied down to that many ADRs so we don't do it.
Sad you didn't make any use of SAB it's such a great pool. But, yes, deluxe isn't really worth it if you don't plan on having any resort time. We always build in a mid day break to enjoy the facilities

Question- would the mug refill station at Hurricane Hanna be closer then going over to The Marketplace? We are staying at YC in August, so just wondering. We prev. Stayed at BC, so Marketplace was easy.
Yes...Hurricane Hannah's would have been much closer. One of the main reasons we didn't use SAB was the weather. It was on the cool side and breezy most of the week. Yesterday and today would have been good days but our bathing suits never would have dried in time. I really need a disposable suit. Lol

Childless doesn't mean that we're not a family. MLA RLA

Old 11-03-2012, 03:39 PM   #3268
jcondrad
Mouseketeer

Hi everyone!! I dropped off the board for a while but am excited to be back! We originally were scheduled for YC CL but had to cancel because of hubby getting a new job and I was on maternity leave unpaid, so we wanted to be frugal just in case! We had enough to cover a value, since we had flights paid already, and planned on Pop Century! II am thrilled to say, with hubby's overtime and my end of year bonus, we no longer have to be so frugal and will be back to BC CL!

Old 11-03-2012, 03:41 PM   #3269
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcondrad View Post
Hi everyone!! I dropped off the board for a while but am excited to be back! We originally were scheduled for YC CL but had to cancel because of hubby getting a new job and I was on maternity leave unpaid, so we wanted to be frugal just in case! We had enough to cover a value, since we had flights paid already, and planned on Pop Century! II am thrilled to say, with hubby's overtime and my end of year bonus, we no longer have to be so frugal and will be back to BC CL!
So happy for you!!!!!
Old 11-03-2012, 04:54 PM   #3270
jwwi
DIS Veteran

Hope everyone did ok with the storm on the East coast. Teena, are you working the weekend of the 17/18 of November? We will be stopping in to see the christmas decorations, and hopefully we will be able to say hello. Can't wait to smell the delightful gingerbread decorations again this year. Your pictures from your trip to see Lily are so adorable. Wish we could be staying at BCV again this trip, but OKW was only villa available for our trip. Happy to be staying at a villa though, it is so nice to have the kitchenette, and extra space.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: