Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2012, 09:29 AM   #3121
summersalt
DIS Veteran

Returned home on Saturday

I want to thank you all for the advice and information about our trip to YC. We had a fabulous stay! This was our first stay on club level and I think I'm hooked! The staff went overboard to spoil us rotten. We arrived very early (9:00am) and our room wasn't ready yet so we headed over to AK to spend the day there. When we received our text that our room was ready, we couldn't wait to get back to see it. We were assigned room 5163 which has a very nice view but no balcony. I went back to the desk and asked if there was any way we could switch to a room with a balcony. We were then assigned room 5210. Parking lot view but at least I had a balcony. However, I quickly learned that a balcony is not something we use. I wish we would've kept 5163 because this room was HUGE and it was very close to the lounge. Next time, I will know that having a balcony is not a high priority for us and will not request it.

Another thing that I learned from this trip, is check to see if a conference is going on during my stay. The Gartner Conference was going on last week and I really thought this wouldn't bother me. But, it did. It was difficult to relax and be comfortable in vacation mode with all the suits and heels walking around talking business. They were everywhere we went except the parks. I made the best of it, tried to ignore them and do my own thing.

Since we were on club level, we didn't even miss Hurricane Hannah's and never even went over to Marketplace. The breakfast items in the lounge were perfect for our needs. The snacks and appetizers were also very nice and we never had a problem getting an empty table.

We also had excellent bus and boat karma. We never waited more than 10 minutes regardless of where we were and they were never overcrowded.

We had a fantastic stay at YC and I can't decide which one I like best BC or YC. Either one is perfect for me! Can't wait for my next trip!

DH DD ME Sandy
Old 10-29-2012, 09:53 AM   #3122
floridagirl61
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by summersalt View Post
I want to thank you all for the advice and information about our trip to YC. We had a fabulous stay! This was our first stay on club level and I think I'm hooked! The staff went overboard to spoil us rotten. We arrived very early (9:00am) and our room wasn't ready yet so we headed over to AK to spend the day there. When we received our text that our room was ready, we couldn't wait to get back to see it. We were assigned room 5163 which has a very nice view but no balcony. I went back to the desk and asked if there was any way we could switch to a room with a balcony. We were then assigned room 5210. Parking lot view but at least I had a balcony. However, I quickly learned that a balcony is not something we use. I wish we would've kept 5163 because this room was HUGE and it was very close to the lounge. Next time, I will know that having a balcony is not a high priority for us and will not request it.

Another thing that I learned from this trip, is check to see if a conference is going on during my stay. The Gartner Conference was going on last week and I really thought this wouldn't bother me. But, it did. It was difficult to relax and be comfortable in vacation mode with all the suits and heels walking around talking business. They were everywhere we went except the parks. I made the best of it, tried to ignore them and do my own thing.

Since we were on club level, we didn't even miss Hurricane Hannah's and never even went over to Marketplace. The breakfast items in the lounge were perfect for our needs. The snacks and appetizers were also very nice and we never had a problem getting an empty table.

We also had excellent bus and boat karma. We never waited more than 10 minutes regardless of where we were and they were never overcrowded.

We had a fantastic stay at YC and I can't decide which one I like best BC or YC. Either one is perfect for me! Can't wait for my next trip!

I am happy to hear a positive report!. We are staying BC CL next Sept. and it is nice to hear you enjoyed your CL experience. I am so excited about our upcoming stay! I agree with you about the balcony, it's just not that important to us, so we are not even requesting it. Glad you enjoyed yourself.

TO MANY DAY TRIPS TO COUNT, SENIOR NIGHT '79, WL '96, CS '00, ASMU '07, ASMU '08, POP '09, POP '10, BW CL '10, ASMU '11, BC VILLAS '13, BC CL '13, AOA '13, BC CL '14 (Magical upgrade to the Presidential Suite)
Presidential Suite https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKhh5Z6bjjg

Our Best Disney Vacation Yethttp://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3178111

Fifield Family Food Reviews and Pictures
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3175535
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-29-2012, 10:06 AM   #3123
CT Disney
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Glad to hear you had a great trip! Just curious, what category room did you book? We are staying GV CL next April and was wondering if the no-balcony room was GV. We love having a balcony and I was thinking that all the YC club level rooms had them. I love that I learn something new on this thread every day!

Old 10-29-2012, 10:34 AM   #3124
summersalt
DIS Veteran

I booked standard view but I'm pretty sure the room with no balcony was GV. It had a lovely view of the wedding gazabo.

DH DD ME Sandy
Old 10-29-2012, 11:02 AM   #3125
nannette
Hmm... dislikes Trolls the kind with green hair and big eyes wearing Mickey ears!!

Oh boy is it WINDY here!! The storm is still hours away, but its really windy and rainy and flooded! NYC hasn't decided to close schools for tomorrow yet, but I expect that is coming in just a little bit (they have just closed NYC schools for tomorrow). They have closed the transit system down, the NYSE is closed today most businesses are closed and they are closing the holland and brooklyn battery tunnels at 2pm. EPIC storm for sure! I am just outside of zone b we haven't been told to evacuate only zone a is evacuating. My co-op is ground floor windows are even with street levels so I'm hoping I don't flood!!

Hoping all in the path of sandy are safe and continue to stay safe! praying all the first responders who have to go in and rescue those who didn't evacuate are safe!

More later hopefully the power will remain (wishful thinking perhaps)!!

Tied down in brooklyn!!

~Nannette

Last edited by nannette; 10-29-2012 at 11:41 AM.
Old 10-29-2012, 12:56 PM   #3126
summersalt
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannette View Post
Oh boy is it WINDY here!! The storm is still hours away, but its really windy and rainy and flooded! NYC hasn't decided to close schools for tomorrow yet, but I expect that is coming in just a little bit (they have just closed NYC schools for tomorrow). They have closed the transit system down, the NYSE is closed today most businesses are closed and they are closing the holland and brooklyn battery tunnels at 2pm. EPIC storm for sure! I am just outside of zone b we haven't been told to evacuate only zone a is evacuating. My co-op is ground floor windows are even with street levels so I'm hoping I don't flood!!

Hoping all in the path of sandy are safe and continue to stay safe! praying all the first responders who have to go in and rescue those who didn't evacuate are safe!

More later hopefully the power will remain (wishful thinking perhaps)!!

Tied down in brooklyn!!

~Nannette
Stay safe! Praying for you guys up north. By the way, I'm curious what zone A is?

DH DD ME Sandy
Old 10-29-2012, 01:12 PM   #3127
nannette
Hmm... dislikes Trolls the kind with green hair and big eyes wearing Mickey ears!!

Quote:
Stay safe! Praying for you guys up north. By the way, I'm curious what zone A is?
Thanks! When you live close to water they zone it... A, B, C. Evacuations happen according to the strength of the storm... zone A goes first followed by B and then C.

;o) Nannette
Old 10-29-2012, 01:27 PM   #3128
DisneyMomx7
DIS Veteran

Hi Nannette,

We just got the call about an hour ago that our schools (central NJ - Hamilton Square) will be closed tomorrow.

Wind is really picking up here - everyone STAY SAFE!

GF-2003,2004,2005,2006,2008,2009,2011,2013,2014
YC-2006,2007,2008,2014 POLY- 2006,2007,2008
BC-2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013
HRH-2004,2006, RPR-2012, 2014
Old 10-29-2012, 02:09 PM   #3129
ddluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelleigh1
Hubby is napping after wandering around Epcot all day. I'm watching football. Tonight's dinner is Cape May and then we might head to DHS since they have EMH tonight.

Got back to the room and found a towel bunny.

Had lunch at Teppan Edo. Enjoyed that. Then we did pick -a -pearl. My is 7.5mm and white. No setting yet. Need to decide what I want.
Sounds like you are having a great time and missing all the excitement w/ the hurricane lol. We love the Flying Fish. The snapper was my DH's favorite meal last year.
Have a great rest of your trip!!!
February 2014*December 2013*October2013 F&W *September 2013*July 2013-Our condo.*April 2013- Our condo!!*April 2012- Sheraton Vistana*August 2011-Poly & HRH/CL Mom's 40th B-Day*November 2010- Bonnet Creek* August 2010-BC/CL & HRH/CL Mom's B-Day trip* April 2009- Orange Lake Resort* August 2008- GF/CL (Anniversary trip kid free)*April 2008- Orange Lake Resort* June 2007- Orange Lake Resort(2DS b-day trip)* April 2005- Orange Lake Resort* May 1995- CBR (honeymoon)* April 1988 off property* July 1978 off property
Old 10-29-2012, 02:09 PM   #3130
nannette

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMomx7 View Post
Hi Nannette,

We just got the call about an hour ago that our schools (central NJ - Hamilton Square) will be closed tomorrow.

Wind is really picking up here - everyone STAY SAFE!

Yep we're closed tomorrow now as well. Be safe Robyn!

~Nannette
Old 10-29-2012, 03:13 PM   #3131
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Just checkin in. So far so good here. No school today. Haven't heard about tomorrow yet.

Stay safe everyone!!!
Old 10-29-2012, 03:18 PM   #3132
ddluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma
Just checkin in. So far so good here. No school today. Haven't heard about tomorrow yet.

Stay safe everyone!!!
They just cancelled school where I work. Not sure about where I live yet. I can't believe this!!!
February 2014*December 2013*October2013 F&W *September 2013*July 2013-Our condo.*April 2013- Our condo!!*April 2012- Sheraton Vistana*August 2011-Poly & HRH/CL Mom's 40th B-Day*November 2010- Bonnet Creek* August 2010-BC/CL & HRH/CL Mom's B-Day trip* April 2009- Orange Lake Resort* August 2008- GF/CL (Anniversary trip kid free)*April 2008- Orange Lake Resort* June 2007- Orange Lake Resort(2DS b-day trip)* April 2005- Orange Lake Resort* May 1995- CBR (honeymoon)* April 1988 off property* July 1978 off property
Old 10-29-2012, 03:48 PM   #3133
YCFAN

Have you seen my tag?

Normally it's NC that has to worry about hurricanes!! We have wind and rain but nothing bad. Robyn & Nannette: stay safe. Let us hear from you. Flights will be backed up for days it seems. Hope it doesn't mess up anyone's trip.
Old 10-29-2012, 03:59 PM   #3134
LynnTH
DIS Veteran

Hey everyone. Hoping to join this board. Hopefully, will know on Thursday if we are staying at the Beach Club. We are renting points for June 1-7th. My family of 4 and my SIL and her 2 kids. Beach Club is our first choice - so, keeping my fingers crossed there is availability...Getting anxious and nervous.
Old 10-29-2012, 04:07 PM   #3135
DrMomof3
DIS Veteran

All this stormy weather is making me miss Beach Club!!!
Our schools are closed today and tomorrow. My OR cases are also cancelled for tomorrow.

Amanda
Poly 01/2008; SSR 05/2009; CR 12/2009; YC 04/2010; BCV 08/2010; Poly CL 01/2011; BLT 08/2011; Swan 10/2011; GF CL 01/2012; Vero Beach 04/2012; Cabins 06/2012; WBC 08/2012; BCV 09/2012; Poly 1/2013; HGV 02/2013; WL, Kidani, SSR, Boardwalk in 2013; BLT 2014

Half-marathon PTR BCV Trip Report Half Marathon Trip Report Aug 2011 PTR
Aug 2011 TR
Multi-Trip 2012 PTR Running and Europe, 2014-15
Disney Dream
August 2013 PTR Aug 2013 TR
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: