Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2012, 07:30 PM   #3091
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberle View Post
We've our reservation booked for mid-April! I'm so excited to see Flower & Garden. We've only traveled in August, so it will be so nice to have decent weather. Our Dreams TA saved us $500 with a AAA rate. Still hoping a room discount will come out.
We were there for the Flower & Garden Show in 2011. It was gorgeous, both the show and the weather. We had mostly only traveled in January and February when it was often too cold for swimming. April is a good time to go and we got a discount then, too.

Next up: WL - Jan 24 to 29, 2015; YC - April 15 - 21, 2015
WL - Oct 22-27, 2014, YC - Sept 24-28, 2014; BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Old 10-27-2012, 08:02 PM   #3092
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelleigh1 View Post
We are here!! Hubby is napping until I wake him to go to our Flying Fish ressie. Our garden view isn't the best but we scored a king size bed so we'll take it.

Lunch at Captain's Grille today. Very good. I had lump crab cake app, lobster sliders w/orzo salad and angel food cake dessert. All excellent. Hubby had the clam chowder for his app, lobster sliders w/fries and bananas foster cheesecake. He loved everything too. A definite thumbs up but we thought service was a little slow.

We had hoped to go to Typhoon Lagoon since it closes tomorrow for refurb, but it was cool and overcast so we decided to pass and instead walked over to Epcot just to wander. Very busy at Epcot but we knew it would be since its Saturday during. F&W. I took lots of pics but cant upload thrum my Kindle so you'll have to wait for those.

What else?? Oh yes...to all of you in Sandy's path, both direct and in the "cone"....be safe!!! We'll be thinking of you. My parents are in MA and in-laws are on the Jersey Shore so we are concerned and hoping for the best!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarabel View Post
Great to get your live update kelleigh1, glad you made it safe and have had a good first day 3 days until we join the fun....
Sopunds like a great first day. I had the lump crab cakes too at Captains Grille, the lobster sliders sound really good! I think we'll go again next August while we're at YC.

Looking forward to what you think of Flying Fish, we haven't tried it yet.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-27-2012, 08:31 PM   #3093
BCV23

Loves the magic of the trains
Would enjoy a magical meal at the castle
Loves the name Hatuey!

Have fun at Flying Fish, Kelleigh. We'll be there later this week and can't wait. The risottos are always to die for.

Stay safe all of you in the NE.
Old 10-27-2012, 09:29 PM   #3094
333disneymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberle
We've our reservation booked for mid-April! I'm so excited to see Flower & Garden. We've only traveled in August, so it will be so nice to have decent weather. Our Dreams TA saved us $500 with a AAA rate. Still hoping a room discount will come out.
That's when we usually go. Love the beautiful flowers. We are doing the opposite of you next year and going in August instead. I know we'll miss the flowers though. Hope you get your discount.
Old 10-27-2012, 09:52 PM   #3095
kelleigh1
Disney Baby
I sleep with Pooh & Mickey
Kicked off the school bus

Flying Fish was great. I had the tuna Tartare sushi appetizer, potatoe wrapped snapper entree and the Pb&j creme brulee. All very good. The tuna app was my favorite item of the three. It was oh so good! Hubby had shrimp cocktail, scallops and the risotto entree and sinful chocolate indulgence dessert. I tried his risotto...so rich! He was in heaven with the dessert.

Back in the room now. Long day so we need sleep.

Oh...for anyone arriving soon...parking seems to be hard to come by at the YC. Valet andxself park lots full all day today. The lot in front of the convention center is under construction so I think we are in a BC lot. Extra walking will help with the Deluxe dining. Lol

Childless doesn't mean that we're not a family. MLA RLA

Old 10-27-2012, 10:07 PM   #3096
natebenma
DIS Veteran

kelleigh- Thanks for the live updates! Love hearing about the food! Your meals at Captain's Grille and Flying Fish both sound incredible!
Old 10-27-2012, 10:10 PM   #3097
333disneymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelleigh1
Flying Fish was great. I had the tuna Tartare sushi appetizer, potatoe wrapped snapper entree and the Pb&j creme brulee. All very good. The tuna app was my favorite item of the three. It was oh so good! Hubby had shrimp cocktail, scallops and the risotto entree and sinful chocolate indulgence dessert. I tried his risotto...so rich! He was in heaven with the dessert.

Back in the room now. Long day so we need sleep.

Oh...for anyone arriving soon...parking seems to be hard to come by at the YC. Valet andxself park lots full all day today. The lot in front of the convention center is under construction so I think we are in a BC lot. Extra walking will help with the Deluxe dining. Lol
Thanks for giving us updates. Sounds like you are enjoying the Deluxe plan.
Old 10-27-2012, 10:23 PM   #3098
MickeyT
DIS Veteran

Sounds like a great start Kelleigh. Have fun and keep us updated!

Old 10-28-2012, 07:02 AM   #3099
natebenma
DIS Veteran

The first installment of Teena, Jeanne and Lily's trip to Disneyland, CA is up.

First stop: Peggy Sue's Diner and Huntington Beach.

Click here to see the pictures:

California Dreaming

And here are a couple of bonus shots. I haven't posted the Disneyland pictures yet, but there is a new pixie in town!

Speaking of Trip Reports... Have you been over to check out what Flat Ben has been up to lately???

NO??? Well just click on the link in my signature to see how Flat Ben likes The Dark Side! I don't have the Wizarding World photos posted yet, but I will do that later this week.

Flat Ben's trip with AnjieNet starts on Page 10 (there are links in Post 2 of his other adventures so far)

Old 10-28-2012, 07:42 AM   #3100
DisneyMomx7
DIS Veteran

Just wanted to pop in to say stay safe all my fellow East Coast Dissers.

We are battening down the hatches and doing all we can to prepare. Just heard on the weather channel that NJ is "ground zero" for Sandy. Last year the earthquake and Irene this year Sandy - who knew the mid atlantic states would be preparing for hurricanes and earthquakes!

Dee - hope you and your whole area stays safe and weathers out the storm!

GF-2003,2004,2005,2006,2008,2009,2011,2013,2014
YC-2006,2007,2008,2014 POLY- 2006,2007,2008
BC-2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013
HRH-2004,2006, RPR-2012, 2014
Old 10-28-2012, 07:48 AM   #3101
kelleigh1
Disney Baby
I sleep with Pooh & Mickey
Kicked off the school bus

I think Tinkerbelle may have a new sister. Lily is just so adorable and a perfect fairy. Hope Teena is having a blast. Sorry we're going to miss her. When we were at Flying Fish last night I told my husband that Teena "who works at the Beach Club" was saying how delicious the risotto was and he perked up about her working at the Beach Club...then I had to tell him that she's on vacation visiting her granddaughter, so we won't get to meet her. But he definitely agrees with Teena's assessment on the risotto. He loved it.

Childless doesn't mean that we're not a family. MLA RLA

Old 10-28-2012, 08:43 AM   #3102
Couchy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelleigh1 View Post
We are here!! Hubby is napping until I wake him to go to our Flying Fish ressie. Our garden view isn't the best but we scored a king size bed so we'll take it.

Lunch at Captain's Grille today. Very good. I had lump crab cake app, lobster sliders w/orzo salad and angel food cake dessert. All excellent. Hubby had the clam chowder for his app, lobster sliders w/fries and bananas foster cheesecake. He loved everything too. A definite thumbs up but we thought service was a little slow.

We had hoped to go to Typhoon Lagoon since it closes tomorrow for refurb, but it was cool and overcast so we decided to pass and instead walked over to Epcot just to wander. Very busy at Epcot but we knew it would be since its Saturday during. F&W. I took lots of pics but cant upload thrum my Kindle so you'll have to wait for those.

What else?? Oh yes...to all of you in Sandy's path, both direct and in the "cone"....be safe!!! We'll be thinking of you. My parents are in MA and in-laws are on the Jersey Shore so we are concerned and hoping for the best!!!!
Yeah you are finally there! Lunch sounds delicious!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post
We were there for the Flower & Garden Show in 2011. It was gorgeous, both the show and the weather. We had mostly only traveled in January and February when it was often too cold for swimming. April is a good time to go and we got a discount then, too.
Flower and garden fest is so beautiful

4 trips as a kid.2002-Westgate, 2004 -Hilton DTD, 2005 -Westgate, 2007 -Royal Sun DTD, 2008 Hilton DTD, April 2011 -Swan, Dec 2011-Dolphin/ Yacht Club , Feb 2012 -Solo@Swan , April 2012-Dolphin with our friends, june/july 2012 - Beach Club
Old 10-28-2012, 09:12 AM   #3103
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post

California Dreaming

And here are a couple of bonus shots. I haven't posted the Disneyland pictures yet, but there is a new pixie in town!

Speaking of Trip Reports... Have you been over to check out what Flat Ben has been up to lately???

NO??? Well just click on the link in my signature to see how Flat Ben likes The Dark Side! I don't have the Wizarding World photos posted yet, but I will do that later this week.

Flat Ben's trip with AnjieNet starts on Page 10 (there are links in Post 2 of his other adventures so far)

Great pics!
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Old 10-28-2012, 09:51 AM   #3104
333disneymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma

California Dreaming

So cute!
Old 10-28-2012, 10:04 AM   #3105
hill6
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMomx7 View Post
Just wanted to pop in to say stay safe all my fellow East Coast Dissers.

We are battening down the hatches and doing all we can to prepare. Just heard on the weather channel that NJ is "ground zero" for Sandy. Last year the earthquake and Irene this year Sandy - who knew the mid atlantic states would be preparing for hurricanes and earthquakes!

Dee - hope you and your whole area stays safe and weathers out the storm!
Thanks DisneyMomx7, we are all secured here. Hope you and your family are safe too along with any other DIS'ers.

I don't want to be the bullseye for any storm.

The Dark Side May 8-10.

Villas at Wilderness Lodge May 10-14
Kidani May 14-15. Hoping for last night at Wilderness Lodge
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: