Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2012, 09:02 AM   #3061
Clarabel
Earning My Ears

Thanks Janinev7 and Dee for your speedy and helpful replies :
Love to plan...
Old 10-26-2012, 09:28 AM   #3062
MickeyT
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelleigh1 View Post
Thank you! I am hoping to do some live reports from YC while we are there, especially after all the help I've gotten on this thread.

I can't believe that we're now less than 24 hours away from flying off to this dream vacation. It was so long ago that I found this thread and joined in on all that is the YC/BC. So thanks to everyone who has contributed and who helped us to choose the YC for this trip. I can't wait to get there tomorrow!
Go enjoy kelleigh....We know how much you have anticipated and planned for your trip. And keep us posted.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-26-2012, 09:58 AM   #3063
Couchy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelleigh1 View Post
Thank you! I am hoping to do some live reports from YC while we are there, especially after all the help I've gotten on this thread.

I can't believe that we're now less than 24 hours away from flying off to this dream vacation. It was so long ago that I found this thread and joined in on all that is the YC/BC. So thanks to everyone who has contributed and who helped us to choose the YC for this trip. I can't wait to get there tomorrow!

Have fun! It will be an amazing trip for you and your DH

We will join you later next week

DH and I had to switch our flight to avoid a layover in Baltimore on Wednesday. I do not want to risk getting stuck in the airport if the weather causes air travel issues. We now arrive in Orlando an hour later but better safe than sorry I suppose Just focusing on

4 trips as a kid.2002-Westgate, 2004 -Hilton DTD, 2005 -Westgate, 2007 -Royal Sun DTD, 2008 Hilton DTD, April 2011 -Swan, Dec 2011-Dolphin/ Yacht Club , Feb 2012 -Solo@Swan , April 2012-Dolphin with our friends, june/july 2012 - Beach Club
Old 10-26-2012, 10:27 AM   #3064
kelleigh1
Disney Baby
I sleep with Pooh & Mickey
Kicked off the school bus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couchy View Post
DH and I had to switch our flight to avoid a layover in Baltimore on Wednesday. I do not want to risk getting stuck in the airport if the weather causes air travel issues. We now arrive in Orlando an hour later but better safe than sorry I suppose Just focusing on
I think that was a good plan!

Childless doesn't mean that we're not a family. MLA RLA

Old 10-26-2012, 12:01 PM   #3065
MickeyT
DIS Veteran

Good luck to all our 'NorEaster' neighbors this weekend. Sandy and Cantore are a comin'!

Old 10-26-2012, 02:20 PM   #3066
Twingle
DIS Veteran

Hey everyone - just wanted to thank all of you for the well wishes. It's a very good thing we cancelled our trip, he's still very ill, and totally out of sorts. Unfortunately this trip was three years in the making, so for now it is cancelled, but we know we'll get there someday!

Avatar compliments of Mr. DiRTy BuNNy, who created it when I informed him that I didn't have an avatar because I couldn't find one that was "me".
Old 10-26-2012, 02:29 PM   #3067
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twingle View Post
Hey everyone - just wanted to thank all of you for the well wishes. It's a very good thing we cancelled our trip, he's still very ill, and totally out of sorts. Unfortunately this trip was three years in the making, so for now it is cancelled, but we know we'll get there someday!
Twingle, I am so sorry your husband is still very ill. I hope your husband gradually feels better, soon.
This must be a hard time. It's not easy to be the patient, but it's also not easy to be the care giver.
Sending you extra hugs ,
Ginny

TY Kook!
Old 10-26-2012, 02:55 PM   #3068
BLTtinkerbell
DIS Veteran

Kelleigh1 and all heading to BC/YC, Have a wonderful time!

Twingle, So sorry your DH isn't feeling well. I hope your DH is feeling better very soon & you can start planning your trip again.

To all on the East Coast, Stay safe.

Old 10-26-2012, 03:29 PM   #3069
BurleyGirl
DIS Veteran

Question re: room photos on Disney's website

Does anyone know what type of room is pictured on Disney's website's (Yacht Club section) with the all white bedding and an oval window on the balcony? It's quite lovely and different from the room we had there.
DLH October '05 for the 50th!
YC December '06--First WDW Christmas!
GF October '08
YC November '14: making up for '13 cancelled trip
Old 10-26-2012, 04:17 PM   #3070
nannette
Hmm... dislikes Trolls the kind with green hair and big eyes wearing Mickey ears!!

batten'n down the hatches here in Brooklyn! Sandy is coming!!! Everyone in her way stay safe!!

~Nannette

Old 10-26-2012, 05:51 PM   #3071
DannysMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannette
batten'n down the hatches here in Brooklyn! Sandy is coming!!! Everyone in her way stay safe!!

~Nannette
Yep, here in central NJ plans for tomorrow include cleaning up the yard, putting away lawn chairs, etc or anything that could become flying debris if we get 80 MPH winds....

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards App, please excuse any typos.
Old 10-26-2012, 06:49 PM   #3072
jasec2
Mouseketeer

Can't believe we are going through this again! Went almost 25 years without a hurricane on Long Island and now 2 in the span of 18 months. I know Irene wasn't REALLY a hurricane but when we are out of power for 5 days and have a giant tree in our yard, I'm calling it a hurricane!!! Too bad my husband never bought that generator....
Spending tomorrow securing everything that can be a missile. Good luck all!
Old 10-27-2012, 05:51 AM   #3073
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurleyGirl View Post
Does anyone know what type of room is pictured on Disney's website's (Yacht Club section) with the all white bedding and an oval window on the balcony? It's quite lovely and different from the room we had there.
BurleyGirl!

I see you have a trip to the YC planned for March. I have added you to the Be Our Guest list!

Sorry, not sure what type of room is on the website, although I have to say that the info and pictures there are not always the most "up-to-date"

Perhaps when T. is back from her trip, we can ask her.
Old 10-27-2012, 05:57 AM   #3074
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Here is the updated Be Our Guest list. Please check it when you have a moment and let me know if you have any changes.

Post 13: Be Our Guest list

I'll be checking up on the thread this weekend, but probably will not be able to respond until next week.

Two more performances of Paranormal High School for my son and final two regular seasons flag football games this weekend, so this is about all of the free time I have!

Have a great weekend everyone! To my fellow friends along the eastern coastline- stay safe from Sandy and to everyone travelling this week- hope you all have spectacular, magical vacations!
Old 10-27-2012, 06:15 AM   #3075
Couchy
DIS Veteran

4 days and I will be there

4 trips as a kid.2002-Westgate, 2004 -Hilton DTD, 2005 -Westgate, 2007 -Royal Sun DTD, 2008 Hilton DTD, April 2011 -Swan, Dec 2011-Dolphin/ Yacht Club , Feb 2012 -Solo@Swan , April 2012-Dolphin with our friends, june/july 2012 - Beach Club
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: