Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2012, 11:23 PM   #3031
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyT View Post
Seems like we had discussion/pictures of the YC room with a small balcony. It was one or two rooms out of 630 in the whole resort. Just enough to keep you from saying that all rooms have large balconies.
Guess I'll add Full Balcony to my YC room request
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 20-Sept 3 2014 Poly

Last edited by Sue M; 10-25-2012 at 08:20 PM.
Old 10-25-2012, 04:55 AM   #3032
beachclub
Mouseketeer

I think its 50-50 at the beach club. there are alot of lagoon rooms
that do not have full balconies..
your best shot of getting a full balcony is to request the quiet pool area.
all of the rooms there are full balconies however its not the greatest
lagoon view

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefani_ View Post
Hmm do you know if all BC lagoon view rooms have full balconies? Or do the all at least have SOME sort of balcony?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-25-2012, 07:11 AM   #3033
RobinHoodGirl
Which way to Sherwood Forest?

2 weeks! I check-in in 2 weeks!!! And I get to go pick up my Mickey Mail from mt TA today

So now my questions - we do have a request attached to our room so would it be better for us to check in when we get there or should we check in on-line?

I've not done check-in on-line before (or made a room request before) so I'm not sure if it's more likely to get our request if we talk to someone at the check-in desk
Old 10-25-2012, 07:42 AM   #3034
kelleigh1
Disney Baby
I sleep with Pooh & Mickey
Kicked off the school bus

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinHoodGirl View Post
2 weeks! I check-in in 2 weeks!!! And I get to go pick up my Mickey Mail from mt TA today

So now my questions - we do have a request attached to our room so would it be better for us to check in when we get there or should we check in on-line?

I've not done check-in on-line before (or made a room request before) so I'm not sure if it's more likely to get our request if we talk to someone at the check-in desk

I check-in in 2 days!! We didn't do online check-in, so I check-in live in 2 days.

Childless doesn't mean that we're not a family. MLA RLA

Old 10-25-2012, 07:44 AM   #3035
Disneyandphilliesfan
Mouseketeer

Just made the switch from Bc Cl to Yc Cl can't wait.
Old 10-25-2012, 07:51 AM   #3036
Disneyandphilliesfan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Here is a review from someone who rented a boat this summer- I have this posted on Page 1 under the ameneties section:

Here is a review of one of the boat rentals from WDW4us2006 (August 2012)

Boston Whaler Montauk Rental, August 2012
Boats are so much fun rented one back in December 2010 and it was in front of the Magic Kingdom with the monorails above that made it magical.
Old 10-25-2012, 10:42 AM   #3037
beachclub
Mouseketeer

none of those boats compare to the breathless...wish they would bring her back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyandphilliesfan View Post
Boats are so much fun rented one back in December 2010 and it was in front of the Magic Kingdom with the monorails above that made it magical.
Old 10-25-2012, 10:45 AM   #3038
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelleigh1 View Post
I check-in in 2 days!! We didn't do online check-in, so I check-in live in 2 days.
Are you packing?
Old 10-25-2012, 11:01 AM   #3039
kelleigh1
Disney Baby
I sleep with Pooh & Mickey
Kicked off the school bus

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post
Are you packing?
The only things left to pack are those last minute things - the stuff we use every day.

Hubby is doing laundry today since he has the day off. I'll do any dishes tonight and then tomorrow we'll be eating off paper plates and using red solo cups and emptying the trash before we go to bed. I need to drop off the rent check tonight.

We also have a list on the front door to check off before we walk out on Saturday morning - things like unplug appliances, close all the windows (especially important since hurricane Sandy is heading our way)...

Childless doesn't mean that we're not a family. MLA RLA

Old 10-25-2012, 12:17 PM   #3040
RobinHoodGirl
Which way to Sherwood Forest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post
Are you packing?
I wish I was... but I have a wedding tomorrow I'm part of that has been taking up all my free time this week and last week I was sick. Luckily I only need to pack for me so I hope to be able to start this weekend.

I have been plotting what to bring though.
Old 10-25-2012, 12:39 PM   #3041
333disneymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinHoodGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelleigh1

Hope you both have great vacations. Can't wait to hear about them. 45 days for us
Old 10-25-2012, 01:36 PM   #3042
stefani_
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post
No, I'm pretty sure that there is a mix of full and Juliet balconies on that side, too. It is part of the design of the building.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Alright, thanks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachclub View Post
I think its 50-50 at the beach club. there are alot of lagoon rooms
that do not have full balconies..
your best shot of getting a full balcony is to request the quiet pool area.
all of the rooms there are full balconies however its not the greatest
lagoon view
OK, that's good to know. Guess my safest best is to go YC for lagoon full balcony? Anybody know how high the percentage of that would be, approximately? Near 100? :-)
Old 10-25-2012, 05:42 PM   #3043
donnishobson
Mouseketeer

BC room near villas

I am staying in a one bedroom villa and my friend is staying in a standard room. What area should she request to be closest to the villas?

I booked the villa on a bounce back. Didn't realize there was only 1 bathroom. Still trying to get a 2 bedroom with a bounceback or AP discount. Not likely, but hoping. Going Dec 9-15. Can't wait. I am sure we will have a blast.
Old 10-25-2012, 06:53 PM   #3044
Ninja Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnishobson View Post
I am staying in a one bedroom villa and my friend is staying in a standard room. What area should she request to be closest to the villas?

I booked the villa on a bounce back. Didn't realize there was only 1 bathroom. Still trying to get a 2 bedroom with a bounceback or AP discount. Not likely, but hoping. Going Dec 9-15. Can't wait. I am sure we will have a blast.
For your friend I would put "closest to the villas WALKWAY".

This would give them the idea to put you right there so you can get to each others rooms faster.

Please remember that requests are simply that, requests and they are not guaranteed by the resort. I'm not sure if you could put a request like that in for your Villa location. From what I've read, Villa assignments are fickle at best but it couldn't hurt to let them know what you are hoping for.

Good luck and have a great trip! I'll see you in Storm Along Bay, the lazy river section, third inner tube from the left. I'll be wearing my itsy bitsy, teenie weenie, polka dot bikini and hiding from my husband and 3 teens.

~NM
Old 10-25-2012, 08:19 PM   #3045
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnishobson View Post

We were in BC and friend was in Villas, really it wasn't a problem. I was near the elevator that goes down to lobby outside the Marketplace, so we usually arranged to meet in front of Marketplace in the mornings, or the lobby.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 20-Sept 3 2014 Poly
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: