Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2012, 09:41 PM   #3001
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneylandDad View Post
We just booked our first ever stay at the YC/BC for next year I was looking to find if there are any conventions scheduled for our time frame. Am mostly concerned with them closing the pool and such for a convention event. I know that the CSR has a convention schedule on their thread. Is there something similar for BC/YC? Thanks so much!
I have never seen them close a deluxe resort pool for a convention. The SAB pool is really not the kind of pool you can do this to. There are quiet pools at the YC and the BCV's that could be closed off, but once again, I really doubt that they do that at the deluxe resorts. In fact, conventioneers really never make an impact at the BC. Maybe you might see a few people with name tags walking around, but it isn't very often.

Next up: WL - Jan 24 to 29, 2015; YC - April 15 - 21, 2015
WL - Oct 22-27, 2014, YC - Sept 24-28, 2014; BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Old 10-23-2012, 10:52 PM   #3002
princessmurdough
Does that come with champagne?

Hi all!
We check into the Villas on Saturday (yikes!!!) and I just can NOT decide whether or not to do online check in for a 1:00-ish arrival. We did have some room requests, and I've read here on the forums that folks have not had real good luck with online check in at the BC. Only concerned that Saturday lunchtime will be a madhouse at checkin...any thoughts??
Register to remove

Old 10-23-2012, 11:38 PM   #3003
catho72
DIS Veteran

I think I finally figured out our July trip dates!!!! Dee, can you please add us to the Be Our Guest list for a split stay BC 7/13-7/17 and Poly 7/17-7/21. Woo hoo!!!!! We absolutely adored BC last summer. I honestly believe the kids enjoyed the resort more than the parks! In regards to the split stay, I'm caving into peer (well actually family) pressure and staying at Poly. Ever since our first breakfast at 'Ohana back in '08, the kids keep asking "when will we be staying at the Polynesian?". If I have to hear it one more time, I'm going to go bannanas!...oh wait, wrong smilie.... Hence, the split stay. I have to admit (but only to all y'all...never to my family), I am kinda excited to stay at Poly.

On a side note, I've noticed some new smilies...but there's no Grey Goose Slushie drinking smiley face! What the heck?

2/02 Holiday Inn (now Nick Hotel) 2/08 POR 9/08 POR 6/09 Regal Sun/Windsor Hills 7/10 Windsor Hills 7/11 Windsor Hills/AKL/BLT 7/12 Beach Club/AKL 7/13 BC CL 2/14 POP/SSR for PHM weekend 6/14 POR/BC CL/AoA split stay

Old 10-24-2012, 03:16 AM   #3004
stefani_
Mouseketeer

Hello, I have a question about the balconies. I noticed that you said that for BC, only about half of the rooms have full balconies while at YC, most of the rooms have full balconies. I was just wondering if this percentage changes when considering ONLY rooms with pool/lagoon view (for both BC/YC)?

Also, for the room category pool/lagoon view, would you recommend pool or lagoon view? I'm thinking the lagoon view would be better! Can you see Illuminations from this view?
Old 10-24-2012, 06:50 AM   #3005
hill6
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twingle View Post
Thanks for all the well wishes everyone - we are cancelling our trip, as he's been diagnosed with Shingles now. My poor guy.
Sorry to hear that. Hopefully he feels better soon

The Dark Side May 8-10.

Villas at Wilderness Lodge May 10-14
Bay Lake Tower May 14-15. Hoping for last night at Wilderness Lodge
Old 10-24-2012, 09:04 AM   #3006
Feckless
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Mom View Post
Hey Feckless! Jump right back in! When is the TOT race? I think you can book that last day with the pin code and then get that rate for the dates of the whole trip after that date. That would mean you would just have to stay for however long until the race....but you always wanted to move to WDW any way so this looks like the time to give it a try

I am so proud of you for sticking to it! YOU GO GIRL! Those Skinny Minnies don't have a thing on you! Keep on showing them what you've got! Also, don't get aggravated with any set backs. They are bound to happen. just be patient and take it carefully, you've got the time! Keep your eye on the prize and don't get discouraged!!

~NM
Thanks for the encouragement! I went on my own right after work yesterday and the first 8 minute run was hard (there were some hills. OMG) but the last one was OK (downhill = good).

I should check on whether that PIN will work for the rest of the stay if my first date is on the 28th... Sure beats waiting for a public discount! With the BC rack rate being so high, free dining doesn't do it for me. LOL The dates for the TOT race should be announced some time in the new year - February, I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelleigh1 View Post
Work is definitely keeping me grounded at the moment! So much to do here before I can go (which is exactly why I'm posting instead of working).

I got the hair fixed over the weekend. Tonight it's the nails. Then the house cleaning and the rest of the packing. There just aren't enough hours in the day. And forget sleeping. I guess I can do that after we get back.
I can't believe you only have three days!!! So happy for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmarypoppins View Post

Anyone know this? - I have read on the other boards about not being allowed to leave scooters unless they are from the preferred places with bell services. I am planning on renting a wheelchair from Randys mobility (not one of the Disney preferred list people), so I am wondering if there will be any issues with leaving it with bell services for pick up and drop off etc?
I read some threads on that, and it seems like you will have trouble with scooters, but I didn't see anything about wheelchairs. Although I can see why people are upset about it, I can see Disney's side of things as well. Requiring Bell Services to be responsible for someone else's expensive piece of equipment... I'd be curious to know the answer.

Latest TR in progress: FROM SUNSTROKE TO A CONCUSSION: a Yacht Club Disney "Trip" to Remember http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post50508748

SMILES, SAND AND SUNSTROKE: A May 2012 Beach Club Trip of a Lifetime! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2927334

First Pre-Trip Report: From the North Atlantic to the World http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post43102751
Old 10-24-2012, 09:15 AM   #3007
HelenParr
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefani_ View Post
Hello, I have a question about the balconies. I noticed that you said that for BC, only about half of the rooms have full balconies while at YC, most of the rooms have full balconies. I was just wondering if this percentage changes when considering ONLY rooms with pool/lagoon view (for both BC/YC)?

Also, for the room category pool/lagoon view, would you recommend pool or lagoon view? I'm thinking the lagoon view would be better! Can you see Illuminations from this view?
The BC (roughly speaking) has full balconies on only half the floors (not alternating exactly) with standing only "Juliet" balconies on the other floors. YC has balconies on every floor (although not exactly every room). So the % is not improved for water view.
Old 10-24-2012, 09:20 AM   #3008
Twingle
DIS Veteran

Thanks everyone - we're back at the doctor today, looking at admitting him. Disney was WONDERFUL to work with, the airline, not so much. Most important thing is to get him back on his feet.

Avatar compliments of Mr. DiRTy BuNNy, who created it when I informed him that I didn't have an avatar because I couldn't find one that was "me".
Old 10-24-2012, 09:41 AM   #3009
kelleigh1
Disney Baby
I sleep with Pooh & Mickey
Kicked off the school bus

So who puts one contact in and forgets to put the other one in? Yep, me. I'd say I really need this vacation.

Thankfully, my eye doctor is practically across the street from my office and they had one they could give me to get through the day without going blind.

3 days from right now, we'll be landing at MCO!

Childless doesn't mean that we're not a family. MLA RLA

Old 10-24-2012, 09:46 AM   #3010
catho72
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twingle
Thanks everyone - we're back at the doctor today, looking at admitting him. Disney was WONDERFUL to work with, the airline, not so much. Most important thing is to get him back on his feet.
Twingle, I hope your husband is back to 100% soon! You're right, Disney is very accommodating when an extenuating circumstances arise. Did your airline give you a credit towards future travel, at least?

Sending positive thoughts your way......

2/02 Holiday Inn (now Nick Hotel) 2/08 POR 9/08 POR 6/09 Regal Sun/Windsor Hills 7/10 Windsor Hills 7/11 Windsor Hills/AKL/BLT 7/12 Beach Club/AKL 7/13 BC CL 2/14 POP/SSR for PHM weekend 6/14 POR/BC CL/AoA split stay

Old 10-24-2012, 10:02 AM   #3011
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefani_ View Post
By lagoon view, I am assuming that is the side closest to Epcot facing the trees. You can definitely hear Illuminations from there. Don't even think about sleeping until it is over. You can only see the highest fireworks from the upper floors. The way that Epcot is laid out, the International Gateway is ground level and then there is an uphill walk into Epcot. You are right near the bridge between England and France when you enter the park from there. Because of that barrier, Illuminations is blocked from view from the Epcot resort area, except, as I noted, the very highest fireworks.

Next up: WL - Jan 24 to 29, 2015; YC - April 15 - 21, 2015
WL - Oct 22-27, 2014, YC - Sept 24-28, 2014; BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Old 10-24-2012, 10:28 AM   #3012
stefani_
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelenParr View Post
The BC (roughly speaking) has full balconies on only half the floors (not alternating exactly) with standing only "Juliet" balconies on the other floors. YC has balconies on every floor (although not exactly every room). So the % is not improved for water view.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post
By lagoon view, I am assuming that is the side closest to Epcot facing the trees. You can definitely hear Illuminations from there. Don't even think about sleeping until it is over. You can only see the highest fireworks from the upper floors. The way that Epcot is laid out, the International Gateway is ground level and then there is an uphill walk into Epcot. You are right near the bridge between England and France when you enter the park from there. Because of that barrier, Illuminations is blocked from view from the Epcot resort area, except, as I noted, the very highest fireworks.
Thanks for the information!
Old 10-24-2012, 11:49 AM   #3013
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by catho72 View Post
I think I finally figured out our July trip dates!!!! Dee, can you please add us to the Be Our Guest list for a split stay BC 7/13-7/17 and Poly 7/17-7/21. Woo hoo!!!!! We absolutely adored BC last summer. I honestly believe the kids enjoyed the resort more than the parks! In regards to the split stay, I'm caving into peer (well actually family) pressure and staying at Poly. Ever since our first breakfast at 'Ohana back in '08, the kids keep asking "when will we be staying at the Polynesian?". If I have to hear it one more time, I'm going to go bannanas!...oh wait, wrong smilie.... Hence, the split stay. I have to admit (but only to all y'all...never to my family), I am kinda excited to stay at Poly.
We will be there during the same time, but at the YC . We are at the YC 7/15-7/18, then on DCL for a 3 night cruise, then the Poly 7/21-7/24 . The Poly is a great resort and I'm sure you'll have a great stay .

Quote:
I hope your DH is back to himself soon. Sending good thoughts for a quick recovery.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 10-24-2012, 11:59 AM   #3014
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hope he feels much better, soon!

TY Kook
Trip planning is half the fun! Ad astra per aspera ~Ginny~
Old 10-24-2012, 04:00 PM   #3015
janinev7
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessmurdough View Post
Hi all!
We check into the Villas on Saturday (yikes!!!) and I just can NOT decide whether or not to do online check in for a 1:00-ish arrival. We did have some room requests, and I've read here on the forums that folks have not had real good luck with online check in at the BC. Only concerned that Saturday lunchtime will be a madhouse at checkin...any thoughts??
We just got back from a week at the villas! I didn't do online check in as I had requests.(high floor, Epcot side) I however still didn't get either of my requests! (we got 2nd floor pool view) I asked when checking in to see if there was anything that came closer to my request and they said no.
That being said, we ended up loving the location of the room we were in! We could use the stairs instead of elevator and I could peek out to the quiet pool to see if it was crowded before heading down!
So...I don't think online check in makes much of a difference. There weren't any lines to check in and we arrived about noon.
Have a great trip!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: