Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2012, 11:53 AM   #2851
BCV23

Loves the magic of the trains
Would enjoy a magical meal at the castle
Loves the name Hatuey!

NM, I'd like to add my condolences on your loss. It sounds like your family was such a gift to your mother and all of you. Blessings.
Old 10-19-2012, 12:18 PM   #2852
ocalla
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Dreamin'Dad* View Post
Bob and Teena - that looks enjoyable!

We have WL dinner scheduled at Christmas - wanted to see the lodge during that time and what better way to force you over there than an ADR.

Going to do 1900 Park Fare for first time for same reason as above.

Hello to everyone - great jobs as usual keeping us informed better than anywhere else.

Also posting so I can gaze at my ticker

Have a great weekend all....oh yah - Go Aggies - LSU coming to our house....enjoy the hospitality....wish I could be there with my kids to renew the rivalry.
It's going to be a GREAT game to watch!!! Wish I could be there, but I guess T.V. will have to do
90-Honeymoon Offsite 92-offsite 93-CBR 96 - CBR 97-DXL 2000-ASMo 2000-CBR 2001-Courtyard/DD 2004-Grosvenor 07/10-YC 05/11-BC - CL 05/12 BC 06/13 CSR 07/13 - BC/Poly split 02/14-WL 08/14 - POR/Universal 11/14 - AoA 12/14 - Disney Soccer Showcase
Me DH DD22 DD17 Maud Marie:cat
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-19-2012, 12:19 PM   #2853
ocalla
DIS Veteran

Teena,

that meal at Artist Point looks amazing!!! It's on our wish list for either next year or 2014!!!

There are just too many places on my list to fit them all in on one trip
90-Honeymoon Offsite 92-offsite 93-CBR 96 - CBR 97-DXL 2000-ASMo 2000-CBR 2001-Courtyard/DD 2004-Grosvenor 07/10-YC 05/11-BC - CL 05/12 BC 06/13 CSR 07/13 - BC/Poly split 02/14-WL 08/14 - POR/Universal 11/14 - AoA 12/14 - Disney Soccer Showcase
Old 10-19-2012, 12:20 PM   #2854
franc
Mouseketeer

Are the garden view patios nice at the Beach Club?

I was going to put in two requests:
1st for a full balcony &
2nd for a day bed

As they are only requests I thought it might improve my chances if I put 'full balcony or patio' as my 1st request.
Old 10-19-2012, 12:27 PM   #2855
ocalla
DIS Veteran

Forever11709: That is the cutest costume ever!!! What a beauty. My 3 year old niece is a HUGE Toy Story fan..........her birthday party last weekend was Toy Story themed. Most little girls like princess parties, not this one!!!
Old 10-19-2012, 12:37 PM   #2856
Ninja Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by franc View Post
Are the garden view patios nice at the Beach Club?

I was going to put in two requests:
1st for a full balcony &
2nd for a day bed

As they are only requests I thought it might improve my chances if I put 'full balcony or patio' as my 1st request.
That's what I am thinking of doing. Some people don't like the ground floor because it's bordered on some rooms by a walk way, like the ones you see in all of those secret entrance pictures. It does look like there is a little landscaping on the other side of that path so that might block the view of the parking lot and there would be no roof to worry about. The down side might be that it would be easier for someone to pry open the sliding glass door and potentially break into your room, but I've not heard that that is a concern at this resort and I doubt that there would be a lot of traffic on those paths, even with the people that stay in the resort. It's not like a Mod or a Value where people only walk on the outside of the building to get to their rooms.

Remember that these requests are only requests and that the hotel will give first shot at the daybeds for parties of 5. After that they would probably try to meet requests.

~NM
Old 10-19-2012, 12:42 PM   #2857
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenaS View Post
I love their chicken but didn't like the side that comes with it so they said I could substitute with any other side on other entrees ... rosiotto .... soooo good!!!
Yum! I love risotto. I'll have to put that on my bucket list.. Last Aug we tried Brown Derby, and in Jan we have ADR for Narccoossees, and Jiko. Next Aug YC stay we are thinking of Flying Fish. Maybe have to add WL to thAt plan.

I love sitting in the WL lobby in those rockers by the fire.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Old 10-19-2012, 12:45 PM   #2858
franc
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Mom View Post
That's what I am thinking of doing. Some people don't like the ground floor because it's bordered on some rooms by a walk way, like the ones you see in all of those secret entrance pictures. It does look like there is a little landscaping on the other side of that path so that might block the view of the parking lot and there would be no roof to worry about. The down side might be that it would be easier for someone to pry open the sliding glass door and potentially break into your room, but I've not heard that that is a concern at this resort and I doubt that there would be a lot of traffic on those paths, even with the people that stay in the resort. It's not like a Mod or a Value where people only walk on the outside of the building to get to their rooms.

Remember that these requests are only requests and that the hotel will give first shot at the daybeds for parties of 5. After that they would probably try to meet requests.

~NM
Thanks for the reply, I think it might be worth me putting a patio request in as well. So long as we always remember to lock the doors to the patio when we go out, hopefully we'll be ok security wise.

The request for the day bed is because my teenage son don't want to share a bed with anyone, (fair enough as it would be me, my husband or my teenage daughter). I haven't told him that there's a possibility of a day bed, if we don't get one I may end up buying a blow up bed for the week.
Old 10-19-2012, 01:00 PM   #2859
LuvLDM
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvLDM View Post
Does anyone here know if Stormalong Bay will be undergoing repairs/maintenance the week of Feb 3 - 11th?
Last year during our stay (early Jan) they were doing repairs & many parts of the pool were sectioned off.
Thanks!
Anyone familiar w/ the rehab schedule?
Old 10-19-2012, 01:34 PM   #2860
kelleigh1
Disney Baby
I sleep with Pooh & Mickey
Kicked off the school bus

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenaS View Post
I love their chicken but didn't like the side that comes with it so they said I could substitute with any other side on other entrees ... rosiotto .... soooo good!!!
I'll have to keep an eye out for the risotto. I haven't looked at the menu in a while. I may have to do that again this weekend to see what I might be ordering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinHoodGirl View Post
Oh happy to hear this! Eating there for the first time this trip and it's in my top two meals I'm super excited for (the other is Sanna)!!!
I can't wait to hear how you like Sanaa. It didn't make the cut for this trip since we had already decided on Jiko, but it's definitely a place I'd like to try in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
Yum! I love risotto. I'll have to put that on my bucket list.. Last Aug we tried Brown Derby, and in Jan we have ADR for Narccoossees, and Jiko. Next Aug YC stay we are thinking of Flying Fish. Maybe have to add WL to thAt plan.

I love sitting in the WL lobby in those rockers by the fire.
We've only done Narccoossee's previously and we loved it. Since it usually gets rated lowest among the signatures, we're excited to try new places this trip...including Flying Fish and Jiko. (We also have Artist Point, Citricos and California Grill. )

Childless doesn't mean that we're not a family. MLA RLA

Old 10-19-2012, 01:40 PM   #2861
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Thanks for all the Artist Point reviews and photos! Really looking forward to our ADR in January.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelleigh1 View Post
I can't wait to hear how you like Sanaa. It didn't make the cut for this trip since we had already decided on Jiko, but it's definitely a place I'd like to try in the future.
I LOVE Sanaa - really great menu and wonderful atmosphere. (And I'm not even an animal fan - just like the decor and the large windows.) But if I had to choose between Sanaa and Jiko, I'd definitely choose Jiko - the whole atmosphere of the AKL lobby, the Jiko menu, etc. Great choice!
Disneyland (x many), Polynesisan (x many), Beach Club (x many), Boardwalk (x3), Yacht Club, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge (x2), Animal Kingdom Lodge, Port Orleans French Quarter, Dolphin, Coronado Springs (x3), Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans-Riverside, All Star Sports, All Star Music, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, 2013 Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and 5K

January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AOA/AKL/GF/Poly)
March/April 2015: WL/CR
Old 10-19-2012, 02:01 PM   #2862
kelleigh1
Disney Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixarmom View Post
Thanks for all the Artist Point reviews and photos! Really looking forward to our ADR in January.

I LOVE Sanaa - really great menu and wonderful atmosphere. (And I'm not even an animal fan - just like the decor and the large windows.) But if I had to choose between Sanaa and Jiko, I'd definitely choose Jiko - the whole atmosphere of the AKL lobby, the Jiko menu, etc. Great choice!
I think I spent the most time on dining. Because this trip is a big deal for us, and our first (and maybe only) do stay in a Deluxe, we decided that we'd go all out and make it all about the NEW. So we only wanted to dine at places we had never been. Sadly, there are a lot of those. For months, I scoured menus and read reviews and made lists for dining. But once I made our ADR's, we stuck with them. We are still very excited about all the places on the list and thrilled that there are even more we can hopefully try next time around.

Old 10-19-2012, 02:38 PM   #2863
kelleigh1
Disney Baby

Off-Topic (because that's so unusual, I know)...

Anyone done the Characters in Flight at DTD? It just caught our attention as something we might like to do. I never thought about it because hubby isn't a big fan of heights, but then he reminded me that it's really ladders he doesn't like and he thinks this would be fun. So now we're considering it.

Old 10-19-2012, 02:52 PM   #2864
catho72
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelleigh1 View Post
Off-Topic (because that's so unusual, I know)...

Anyone done the Characters in Flight at DTD? It just caught our attention as something we might like to do. I never thought about it because hubby isn't a big fan of heights, but then he reminded me that it's really ladders he doesn't like and he thinks this would be fun. So now we're considering it.
Last I heard, the company who designed the hot air balloon grounded all of their balloons. When we were at DTD in July, it wasn't there. I am not sure if it is back in operation or not.

My husband and two of our kids rode in it several years ago and LOVED it as did my mother-in-law. Our oldest child decided she didn't want to do it so I stayed back. The pictures my husband took were awesome!

2/02 Holiday Inn (now Nick Hotel) 2/08 POR 9/08 POR 6/09 Regal Sun/Windsor Hills 7/10 Windsor Hills 7/11 Windsor Hills/AKL/BLT 7/12 Beach Club/AKL 7/13 BC CL 2/14 POP/SSR for PHM weekend 6/14 POR/BC CL/AoA split stay

Old 10-19-2012, 02:56 PM   #2865
Hunclemarco
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by catho72 View Post
Last I heard, the company who designed the hot air balloon grounded all of their balloons. When we were at DTD in July, it wasn't there. I am not sure if it is back in operation or not.

My husband and two of our kids rode in it several years ago and LOVED it as did my mother-in-law. Our oldest child decided she didn't want to do it so I stayed back. The pictures my husband took were awesome!
I haven't been on the balloon ride, but there is information if you follow this link

January 1979 Offsite; January 1992 POR; March 1999Honeymoon ; May 2002 CBR; May 2008 Offsite; November 2008 CBR March 2009 DVC SSR, BCV; August 2009 DVC AKV,BCV; December 2009 DVC SSR; February 2010 DVC BCV; November 2010 DVC BWV; May 2011 POP; March 2012 DCL Dream and POP; May 2012 POP; April 2013 DVC BCV; November 2013 CSR; Yacht Club, DCL Dream and BWV May 2014, SSR and AKV-Jambo September 2014
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: