Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2012, 07:47 AM   #2686
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
I have gone through the thread from the past week and hopefully have welcomed all of our new friends and made the updates to the Be Our Guest list.

If everyone would take a moment to click on this list to make sure I have your information listed correctly, I would appreciate it!

Post 13: Be Our Guest list

My dates are correct - but we are at BC now.
I don't blame you for not being able to keep up with me.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 10-15-2012, 07:47 AM   #2687
TeresaWen
Mouseketeer

Fitness Center

I saw the picture of the Solarium Fitness Center...nice but does this mean the fitness center is closed? I really enjoy working out there and then going into the steam room and spa.

Thanks!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-15-2012, 07:51 AM   #2688
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I too am waiting for a room only discount, for July.
Me too .

Quote:
I have gone through the thread from the past week and hopefully have welcomed all of our new friends and made the updates to the Be Our Guest list.

If everyone would take a moment to click on this list to make sure I have your information listed correctly, I would appreciate it!

Our info is correct . I also wanted to say THANK YOU for all the work you do keeping this thread updated with room/resort information, etc. as well as doing the Be Our Guest list .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 10-15-2012, 08:43 AM   #2689
kelleigh1
Disney Baby
I sleep with Pooh & Mickey
Kicked off the school bus

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeresaWen View Post
I saw the picture of the Solarium Fitness Center...nice but does this mean the fitness center is closed? I really enjoy working out there and then going into the steam room and spa.

Thanks!
Yes, the fitness center is currently closed for refurb. I believe it's scheduled to re-open mid-November. They have set up the gym in the Solarium temporarily and guests also have the option of using the fitness center at the Boardwalk.

Childless doesn't mean that we're not a family. MLA RLA

Old 10-15-2012, 09:20 AM   #2690
RhettsMom
HAKUNA MATATA

My trip to the BCV's is just 27 days away!!! I am trying to decide whether to use a grocery delivery service, or just run by a Walmart when we get into town.

Do any of you (Teena maybe?) Beach Club experts know which Walmart is closer/easiest to get to on the way to the BC?

Thanks!
Old 10-15-2012, 09:23 AM   #2691
KBoopaloo
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Thanks so much for all the work you do to keep the list updated! My dates are correct!
1984 - Contemporary ~ 1991 - Caribbean Beach ~ 1999 - Port Orleans French Quarter ~ 2000 - Vista Way (College Program) ~ 2001 - AllStar Music ~ 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006 & 2007 - Port Orleans Riverside ~ 2008 Beach Club ~2008 Animal Kingdom Lodge~ 2009 Saratoga Springs(x2) & Pop Century 2010 Boardwalk Inn, Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas - Jambo House & Coronado Springs~ 2011 Port Orleans French Quarter & Kidani Village(April), Old Key West & Beach Club (October) 2012 AKV - Jambo and Yacht Club (Commodore Suite!) 2013 - Port Orleans French Quarter and Boardwalk Inn
Old 10-15-2012, 09:29 AM   #2692
bookgirl
I don't eat onions-they squelch when you bite into them
I don't eat raisins-they look like dried up bugs
Can we say food issues?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhettsMom View Post
My trip to the BCV's is just 27 days away!!! I am trying to decide whether to use a grocery delivery service, or just run by a Walmart when we get into town.

Do any of you (Teena maybe?) Beach Club experts know which Walmart is closer/easiest to get to on the way to the BC?

Thanks!
The one on Vineland is the closest according to my GPS when I stayed there last year. It took only a few minutes to get there and it was nice and had a great selection.

Old 10-15-2012, 09:50 AM   #2693
Twingle
DIS Veteran

My DH and I will be celebrating our 15th annviersary without our DKids! We're staying at the Beach Club October 25 - 28, club level, our first time and can't hardly wait.

Ten days - squeal

Quote:

Avatar compliments of Mr. DiRTy BuNNy, who created it when I informed him that I didn't have an avatar because I couldn't find one that was "me".
Old 10-15-2012, 10:23 AM   #2694
iScrap
Mouseketeer

We are celebrating my DH's 50th birthday and our best man's 45th birthday 2/27 - 3/4 at BCV (and one couple at YC). It's my 3 time there, DH's 2nd and everyone else is a BC/YC newbie! We are all so excited for this trip!!!

Next trip: March 2015 - Beach Club Villas
My 21st trip/DH's 4th

Old 10-15-2012, 10:27 AM   #2695
padawans
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeresaWen View Post

Thanks!
Yes the fitness center was closed. There was hardly any equiptment in the Solarium. The tv's on the treadmills and elipiticals were not working. It was also extremely warm in the Solarium. Let's just say it wasn't great for working out.
Old 10-15-2012, 10:54 AM   #2696
YCFAN

Have you seen my tag?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iScrap
We are celebrating my DH's 50th birthday and our best man's 45th birthday 2/27 - 3/4 at BCV (and one couple at YC). It's my 3 time there, DH's 2nd and everyone else is a BC/YC newbie! We are all so excited for this trip!!!
I spent my 50th birthday at the YC. One of my favorite trips! Enjoy!!
Old 10-15-2012, 11:06 AM   #2697
Couchy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhettsMom View Post

Thanks!
DH and I always get a few items ( water, greek yogurt, sprite zero, fruit) delivered through garden grocer. It is so easy and they are very efficient. I hate wasting vaca time running to the store. I would rather spend that time at SAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twingle View Post
My DH and I will be celebrating our 15th annviersary without our DKids! We're staying at the Beach Club October 25 - 28, club level, our first time and can't hardly wait.

Ten days - squeal
How exciting. Have fun. My 35th birthday trip is 16 days away

Quote:
Originally Posted by padawans View Post
Yes the fitness center was closed. There was hardly any equiptment in the Solarium. The tv's on the treadmills and elipiticals were not working. It was also extremely warm in the Solarium. Let's just say it wasn't great for working out.
Looks like I will trek on over to the Boardwalk to work out

4 trips as a kid.2002-Westgate, 2004 -Hilton DTD, 2005 -Westgate, 2007 -Royal Sun DTD, 2008 Hilton DTD, April 2011 -Swan, Dec 2011-Dolphin/ Yacht Club , Feb 2012 -Solo@Swan , April 2012-Dolphin with our friends, june/july 2012 - Beach Club
Old 10-15-2012, 11:07 AM   #2698
boxer
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by padawans View Post
Are most people going to the Boardwalk Gym then? How is that gym in comparison to the Ship Shape Gym at YC/BC?? I didn't even realize the gym was closed until I looked at this thread--we leave in a couple weeks, so we will miss the re-opening by a few days.

Old 10-15-2012, 12:50 PM   #2699
padawans
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxer View Post
Are most people going to the Boardwalk Gym then? How is that gym in comparison to the Ship Shape Gym at YC/BC?? I didn't even realize the gym was closed until I looked at this thread--we leave in a couple weeks, so we will miss the re-opening by a few days.
I don't know if many people went to BW. It was too inconvenient for us to do that. The BW has a very nice gym similar to the old ship shape gym. I did try to switch to the BW before our trip because of the gym, but there was no availability.
Old 10-15-2012, 01:31 PM   #2700
jakeybake
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Mine is correct, but it's just so far away!!!!!!!

Thanks Dee for all you do!!

Jay
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: