Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2012, 02:19 PM   #2671
forever11709
Mouseketeer

Is anyone checking in Tuesday? We are going to have some water, fruit snacks, horizons chocolate milk singles, nature valley bars, and possibly pop tarts that we would much rather pass on then throw out

Mommy Molly & Daddy (will I ever get him to go HOME with me?)

Molly's Trips -- July 2011 Beach Club October 2012 Beach Club October 2013 Yacht Club -- Will this child ever stay in a non-deluxe?!?!?!
Old 10-14-2012, 02:56 PM   #2672
Clarabel
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the picture feast Pixarmom including the great new marketplace photos
Makes checking into the thread on a Sunday evening soooo rewarding
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-14-2012, 03:08 PM   #2673
BLTtinkerbell
DIS Veteran

Teena, That is fantastic news! You will have the best birthday and Christmas this year!

Old 10-14-2012, 05:28 PM   #2674
Gymbomom
The best seat in the "house" for Illuminations is outdoor seating at the Rose and Crown!!
Next time tag me with something I said
Okay - Congrats

Question - with Hurricane Hanna's closed - I guess there are no tv's poolside, correct? I know my husband will want to watch the games, but we will want to be swimming - I was hoping for both.
Old 10-14-2012, 05:55 PM   #2675
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenaS View Post
Guess who is coming for my birthday and Christmas??? Yep, Princess Lily and her Queen Mother. Sooooo excited!

Teena,
I am so happy for you! Have a lovely visit!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
That's an excellent question about changing- when the health club was open, that was a good option because it was close to the pool and had a shower room and lockers. As far as I know, that area is still closed and I assume, but do not know for sure, that the changing areas are still closed.

There are bathrooms in the pool area, but I don't remember a changing stall there.

I thought your second question was easy, but I have never been to the Marketplace in the evening. You can definitely get the juice and milk any time of day. I think the cereal would still be out, but I haven't experienced that myself. We have gone in the afternoon and there were still pastries in the case.

Another option is to grab something as you are leaving one of the parks whenever you are headed back to your room the day before you leave:

MK- cinnamon bun or pastry and drinks from Main Street Bakery
EPCOT- pastry or even a sandwich from France that would keep and make a hearty breakfast the next morning (the ham and cheese is awesome)
HS-check out Writer's Stop or Starring Rolls
AK- Kusafari Bakery (don't know where that is though)

Could someone who has a trip in the next week or so check out the Marketplace in the evening to see what is out. Individual cereal boxes? What type of pastries?
Dee-Thanks so much for this information! Your "thread-host" work is so appreciated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenaS View Post
Individual cereal little boxes are always out as well as fruit.
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixarmom View Post
No stalls in the bathroom in SAB last time I was there, and it was very wet on the ground in there! When we've changed before/after getting into our room, we've used either the great bathroom in the club lounge OR if not CL, then the bathroom outside of SAB on the way to YC. But not sure about the status of that area right now - didn't venture over to the YC side last weekend!

I need to get going on my BC Marketplace update! So I'll work on that shortly. I spent more time than usual at the Marketplace this trip, since we didn't book CL and we were SO CLOSE to it in our fabulous 2nd floor room. (Can you tell how much I loved it?) In my experience, the Marketplace can get quite busy in the evenings right after Epcot closes, and I don't find crowds in the morning because I'm usually there around 6:30am for coffee and then 7am for anything else. Last weekend, a line started to build in the quick service area around 7:30am.

Here's a photo of the cereals that I took in the evening last weekend:

Pixarmom, Thanks for all your updates and pictures. This is our first BC stay, and all the updates and recent information is very helpful!

NM-Thinking of you today. You and your sweet mom continue to be in my prayers.

TY Kook
Trip planning is half the fun! Ad astra per aspera ~Ginny~
Old 10-14-2012, 05:59 PM   #2676
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Thanks for all the happy comments about our BC photos - happy to spread a little BC cheer!

Welcome Back, Hopefully! So glad you had a wonderful trip!! We arrived the same day that you did, and expected Epcot to be super crowded over the Columbus day weekend - it sure was! We were able to hop over to Future World after dinner last Saturday night, but needed to brave the crowds in World Showcase on Sunday to secure my caramel pecan bars and grey goose slushie. All worth it! MK on Monday morning was wonderful - we walked on everything for hours. We're looking forward to low Epcot crowds at the end of January - fingers crossed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gymbomom View Post
Question - with Hurricane Hanna's closed - I guess there are no tv's poolside, correct? I know my husband will want to watch the games, but we will want to be swimming - I was hoping for both.
We did this last weekend! Our boys and I spent some extra time in Epcot, chatted with Teena and swam at SAB while my husband watched the Packer game. He walked over to ESPN after our lunch at San Angel and had a great time (even made a friend - he was one of many husbands at the bar solo watching games!) It's not the same as poolside, but it worked well for us!
Disneyland (x many), Polynesisan (x many), Beach Club (x many), Boardwalk (x3), Yacht Club, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge (x2), Animal Kingdom Lodge, Port Orleans French Quarter, Dolphin, Coronado Springs (x3), Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans-Riverside, All Star Sports, All Star Music, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, 2013 Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and 5K

January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AOA/AKL/GF/Poly)
March/April 2015: WL/CR
Old 10-14-2012, 10:00 PM   #2677
Erin1700
At least I am bragging about using soap!

We are heading to our 4th BC stay in December. We never had any issues with checking into a dirty room, but now I am worried. (and I realize this could happen anywhere, not specific to BC).
My DS5 has a very bad peanut allergy. Is it possible for me to call ahead of time and ask that they pay close attention when they clean the room before we arrive? We won't get in until after 9PM so there wouldn't be any hurry to get it done by regular check in time.
Old 10-14-2012, 10:21 PM   #2678
catho72
DIS Veteran

Hopefully, thanks for the trip report! It sounds like you had a wonderful trip! The minor inconveniences (dryer and refrigerator issues) would not have bothered me either unless they did not get fixed the first time.

I'm surprised by the crowds you encountered this time of year. I've heard F & W is crowded on weekends.

Like I've said before, I love hearing about everyone's vacations! Disney is one of my favorite topics to discuss and read about!

On an unrelated note, my husband sent me emails whenever he sees an article about WDW.....the Haunted Mansion house is for sale, Test Track is closing, Fantasyland expansion, etc. Anyway, this week he thought he had scooped me by telling me about the RFID bracelets they are possibly implementing. Silly boy, I spend about an hour a day reading various Disney-related websites. By the time something hits Yahoo! or Google, I've known about it for several days (at least). He was foiled again! Ha!

2/02 Holiday Inn (now Nick Hotel) 2/08 POR 9/08 POR 6/09 Regal Sun/Windsor Hills 7/10 Windsor Hills 7/11 Windsor Hills/AKL/BLT 7/12 Beach Club/AKL 7/13 BC CL 2/14 POP/SSR for PHM weekend 6/14 POR/BC CL/AoA split stay

Old 10-14-2012, 10:37 PM   #2679
bbluvsdis
luv all things Disney!!

pixarmom, I have to say your pics of the solarium make me a little sad! We will be arriving at the BC next Saturday and that has always been our favorite place to relax. I know it will reopen but I will miss it on this trip. Once a few years ago we arrived late and spent one night at ASM before checking into BC. We got up that morning and went to the food court for breakfast. After seeing the insanity there we decided to just head over to the BC. We got there and had breakfast in the Solarium and it was an AHHHH moment.

Teena, we will stop by and say hello. I have met you a few times but I don't think you would remember me. You always make everyone feel so welcome!

Looking forward to another great stay at BC!
Old 10-14-2012, 10:46 PM   #2680
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbluvsdis View Post
pixarmom, I have to say your pics of the solarium make me a little sad! We will be arriving at the BC next Saturday and that has always been our favorite place to relax. I know it will reopen but I will miss it on this trip. Once a few years ago we arrived late and spent one night at ASM before checking into BC. We got up that morning and went to the food court for breakfast. After seeing the insanity there we decided to just head over to the BC. We got there and had breakfast in the Solarium and it was an AHHHH moment.

Teena, we will stop by and say hello. I have met you a few times but I don't think you would remember me. You always make everyone feel so welcome!

Looking forward to another great stay at BC!
I know, I was a little surprised when I walked in the solarium. I mean, I knew it was going to be a gym, but it's funny to see it that way! I know it's not the same, but there are so many new seating areas around the Marketplace and some old favorites, too. We like the chairs right outside the lobby facing the lake and the chairs on the beach for our breakfast. And the new seating right outside the Marketplace and outside in the courtyard between BC and BCV are a nice addition. The fact that it's NOT like a food court is one of the things I love about BC!

Hope you have a wonderful trip!

Here's that area right outside the lobby. (we stayed in a room overlooking this area - there were usually more chairs than appear in this photo.)

Here's the new seating right outside the Marketplace. (This is just one set of seats - there is an identical set on the other side of the door.)

And here's a few new photos of the area outside the Marketplace between BC and BCV. (Sorry, it was very early in the morning!)

Wish I had a photo of our breakfast on the beach! That's probably my favorite!
Disneyland (x many), Polynesisan (x many), Beach Club (x many), Boardwalk (x3), Yacht Club, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge (x2), Animal Kingdom Lodge, Port Orleans French Quarter, Dolphin, Coronado Springs (x3), Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans-Riverside, All Star Sports, All Star Music, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, 2013 Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and 5K

January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AOA/AKL/GF/Poly)
March/April 2015: WL/CR

Last edited by pixarmom; 10-14-2012 at 10:59 PM.
Old 10-14-2012, 11:20 PM   #2681
bbluvsdis
luv all things Disney!!

You can add me to the list as well. We will be at the BCV from Oct. 20- 27.
I'm getting to the "too excited to sleep" phase!
Old 10-15-2012, 06:53 AM   #2682
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin1700 View Post
We are heading to our 4th BC stay in December. We never had any issues with checking into a dirty room, but now I am worried. (and I realize this could happen anywhere, not specific to BC).
My DS5 has a very bad peanut allergy. Is it possible for me to call ahead of time and ask that they pay close attention when they clean the room before we arrive? We won't get in until after 9PM so there wouldn't be any hurry to get it done by regular check in time.
Call "special needs" and she if they can help you.
Old 10-15-2012, 08:00 AM   #2683
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kteacher View Post
just returned last night I'm happy because I had such a great time we're already planning next year's stay at the BC. We were lucky enough to meet Teena, who is just as lovely in person as she is on the boards . Every aspect of our stay from the moment we arrived until our departure yesterday afternoon was wonderful
Glad you had a wonderful stay! Let us know when your plans for next year firm up!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post

As much as I love the BC, I'm cheating on her this January. I'm going on a date with her more mature and mysterious sister, YC. Please don't snitch on me.

So, I'm here at the font of all YC/BC knowledge in need of opinions. YC-lovers of the non-CL variety, what's your favourite request for a GV room? I asked for "quiet, away from lobby" but since I'm unsure on the types of garden views available, just wondering what my non-guaranteed options were...

Thank you a gazillion-million in advance.
back- I just noticed that you are not on the Be Our Guest list for January, so I'll add you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzieQ811 View Post
This makes me happy and sad at the same time. Wish it was August!
Couldn't tell if you meant last August or next. Are you coming back in the summer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamlinda View Post
Just booked stay in BCV May 11-17. Soooo excited

I'll add you to the list!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTwifey View Post
Pop us on the list but keep it quiet 19th August 2013 to 2nd September 2013, a joint celebration trip for my birthday and our 20th Wedding Anniversary....looking forward to our stay but we have kept it a surprise for our DS who only knows about the flights so far.

Please notice that I have cleverly disguised your screen name above to fool your DS!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest List.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinotinto View Post
Hi all! Back last night from a wonderful trip to BC! Of course, now we feel a little

Bounceback - BB was FD for 8/18 - 9/26 next year. We prefer room discounts and those dates do not work for us at all, so we did not book.
Thank you so much fo the very detailed review of your trip!

I too am waiting for a room only discount, for July.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbluvsdis View Post
You can add me to the list as well. We will be at the BCV from Oct. 20- 27.
I'm getting to the "too excited to sleep" phase!

Will do!

Last edited by natebenma; 10-15-2012 at 08:18 AM.
Old 10-15-2012, 08:18 AM   #2684
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Be Our Guest List

I have gone through the thread from the past week and hopefully have welcomed all of our new friends and made the updates to the Be Our Guest list.

If everyone would take a moment to click on this list to make sure I have your information listed correctly, I would appreciate it!

Post 13: Be Our Guest list

Old 10-15-2012, 08:22 AM   #2685
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Bump!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roccosmom View Post
Hi! what is the difference between a deluxe studio and a regular studio?
thanks!
I don't know.

Anyone???

I'm not sure if there is any helpful info in the Beach Club Villa post on Page 1. I have not stayed at the villas, so the info that is there was inherited when I took over the thread or was provided by other posters here.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: