Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2012, 06:43 AM   #2656
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
I will be there on Wednesday and will check that out and report back. I'm happy to take on any other "assignments" as well if there's anything else I can check out for anyone. So excited to be heading back home to the Beach Club!!

Individual cereal little boxes are always out as well as fruit.
Old 10-14-2012, 10:07 AM   #2657
vinotinto
Just Keep Swimming

Hi all! Back last night from a wonderful trip to BC! Of course, now we feel a little

Rooms - I booked two GV rooms: one for us (DH, DD, DS, and myself) and one for my mom (first trip to Disney). I requested 1) connecting and 2) patio or full balcony and both of my requests were met by the room assigner. YES! We had connecting first floor rooms on the walkway closest to Epcot (yes, a few doors from the 1501 exit). Warning - you can hear the fireworks from the room, even with the sliding door closed. You could also see the highest fireworks between the trees.

CMs - Cast members at BC were nice and very helpful. The lifeguards at SAB were great too. They had scheduled 'play time' with the kids. They helped bury my DS in the sand, build a sandcastle for my DD's Ariel, etc. I also found CMs to be very nice throughout the parks. My kids were fighting over who would hold the popcorn at MK, and the CM gave us a small extra cup, so the kiddos would stop arguing. Funny how little things make such a difference.

Food at resort - Breakfast at Cape May was wonderful, as usual. We also had a lovely breakfast *and* lunch at Captain's Grill and my mom and the kids had a lovely dinner there as well. Food at Captain's Grill was better executed than at Hollywood Brown Derby, even though HBD is much more expensive and is 2 credits on the dining plans. We also had dinner at Yachtsman Steakhouse on Monday and it was also wonderful. My heirloom tomato salad had such good quality tomatoes and they allowed me to sub the potatoes that came with my steak for any of the veg sides (I chose green beans and they were delish)! The portions were huge. The kids' meal were very good quality too. Note that this was a longer meal - about 2 hours - but completely worth the time. My DS loved the setting and took lots of pics during the entire meal.

The Marketplace - It was nice to see that they had a breakfast platter with eggs, and the fridge was well-stocked with hard-boiled eggs, yogurt parfaits, and fruit (note: the 'dry' stuff like cereals and the fridge stuff still had plenty left in the afternoons). However, this is a very small counter/area for such a big hotel. It was mobbed in the mornings. It also opens late. You can get coffee in your mug from 6 - 7 am, but you cannot purchase anything until 7 am. Given that MK opened at 8 am every day during our trip, it basically gave us 15 minutes to purchase something in the am. I bought hard boiled eggs, fruit, and yogurt parfaits to keep in the room, but my mom is old school and needed something hot every morning, so we had to wait until they opened. Captain's Grill and Cape May opened even later - 7:30. I wish there would be an option that would open at 6:30 am. It's not possible to eat a good breakfast at the hotel when the parks open at 8 am unless you get room service.

SAB - I was very glad to see they were absolutely enforcing the wristbands at the three entrances (with all other entrances closed off). We had no problem finding chairs and plenty of breathing room.

Buses/transportation - This is one area that really improved over our previous two trips. I don't know if it's that they expected larger crowds this time than in 2009 and 2011, but unlike previous trips we did not share buses to MK with Swan, Dolphin and BWI. BC only shared with YC to and from MK. This was a huge improvement! We also did not share with Swan, Dolphin and BWI to AK, although the bus back from AK did stop at Blizzard Beach, Swan, Dolphin, YC, BC, and then BWI. We did not wait long for any buses.

Housekeeping - As usual, everything was clean. My mom had issues with coffee and creamer being left, but a call to HK, quickly brought her what she needed.

Parks
MK - By sheer luck, we found ourselves near the new Fantasyland on Friday, the first day of the 'dress rehearsals.' I had completely given up on seeing the new Fantasyland this trip and it was such a delightful surprise. And SoMK was a lot of fun. Does anyone ever lose? It seemed very easy to win.

Epcot - As expected, there was a big difference in the lines for the F&W kiosks during the middle of the week vs. weekends. In the middle of the week, lines were very short.

Dining
As usual, we were on the DxDp and ate our little hearts (stomachs) out. For the most part, we all thought the food was quite good.

Bounceback - BB was FD for 8/18 - 9/26 next year. We prefer room discounts and those dates do not work for us at all, so we did not book.

I'll be happy to answer any questions!

Aug 2014 - YC Jan 2014 - Disney Dream and WL Oct 2013 - PBH Oct 2012 - BC (DxDP) Oct 2011 - YC (DxDP) May 2011 - PBH and AKL (DxDP) Sept 2010 - Poly (DxDP) Oct 2009 - BC (DDP) May 2004 - RPR April 1995 - AsMu
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-14-2012, 10:28 AM   #2658
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Welcome Back, Vinotino!!! And thanks for the report!

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
There are bathrooms in the pool area, but I don't remember a changing stall there.

I thought your second question was easy, but I have never been to the Marketplace in the evening.

Could someone who has a trip in the next week or so check out the Marketplace in the evening to see what is out. Individual cereal boxes? What type of pastries?
No stalls in the bathroom in SAB last time I was there, and it was very wet on the ground in there! When we've changed before/after getting into our room, we've used either the great bathroom in the club lounge OR if not CL, then the bathroom outside of SAB on the way to YC. But not sure about the status of that area right now - didn't venture over to the YC side last weekend!

I need to get going on my BC Marketplace update! So I'll work on that shortly. I spent more time than usual at the Marketplace this trip, since we didn't book CL and we were SO CLOSE to it in our fabulous 2nd floor room. (Can you tell how much I loved it?) In my experience, the Marketplace can get quite busy in the evenings right after Epcot closes, and I don't find crowds in the morning because I'm usually there around 6:30am for coffee and then 7am for anything else. Last weekend, a line started to build in the quick service area around 7:30am.

Here's a photo of the cereals that I took in the evening last weekend:

Disneyland (x many), Polynesisan (x many), Beach Club (x many), Boardwalk (x3), Yacht Club, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge (x2), Animal Kingdom Lodge, Port Orleans French Quarter, Dolphin, Coronado Springs (x3), Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans-Riverside, All Star Sports, All Star Music, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, 2013 Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and 5K

January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AKL/GF/???)
April 2015: Easter Weekend at VWL!
Old 10-14-2012, 11:01 AM   #2659
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Just posted the new BC Marketplace photos: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3007564
Disneyland (x many), Polynesisan (x many), Beach Club (x many), Boardwalk (x3), Yacht Club, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge (x2), Animal Kingdom Lodge, Port Orleans French Quarter, Dolphin, Coronado Springs (x3), Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans-Riverside, All Star Sports, All Star Music, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, 2013 Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and 5K

Old 10-14-2012, 11:08 AM   #2660
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

I still have some random extra photos to post! Sorry for the poor quality - just took a few on the run.

Hurricane Hanna's Alternatives:

Afternoon Dining:

Solarium Gym:

Old 10-14-2012, 11:10 AM   #2661
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

And now something a little more fun:

Old 10-14-2012, 11:20 AM   #2662
JanetMom
DIS Veteran

Pixarmom - love the photos. Almost as good as being there.

Trip Report - March Break 2012 at the YC http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post44422655
Trip Report - March Break 2010 at CR – with stops at Poly, GF, WL, BW, BC, YC, MK, Epcot, HS, DD, and TL http://www.disboards.com/showthread....4#post35923604
Trip Report - Solo trip - A brief stay at CSR with a stop at AKL (with pics!) http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post36750372

FW - 1972 (I think, I was little then!); WL - 2004; WL CL - 2007; CR CL - 2010; CSR - 2010; YC CL - 2012; BC - 2014
Old 10-14-2012, 11:23 AM   #2663
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Thanks for posting the awesome photos, pixarmom .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 10-14-2012, 11:40 AM   #2664
vinotinto
Just Keep Swimming

pixarmom - Nice pics! Since we don't have a trip planned for the future, I will be reminiscing through pics for a while.

I forgot to mention that I met Teena briefly on Monday (I think it was Monday). We were running back to the hotel to run off somewhere else (am I the only one that says every year that we will slow down, only to get caught up in the excitement and wind up wanting to do everything again?). Anyway, hi Teena!

Now I am off to laundry and grocery shoppping . Ahh, the joys of returning home from vacation.

Aug 2014 - YC Jan 2014 - Disney Dream and WL Oct 2013 - PBH Oct 2012 - BC (DxDP) Oct 2011 - YC (DxDP) May 2011 - PBH and AKL (DxDP) Sept 2010 - Poly (DxDP) Oct 2009 - BC (DDP) May 2004 - RPR April 1995 - AsMu
Old 10-14-2012, 11:40 AM   #2665
catho72
DIS Veteran

Vinotino, thank you so much for your trip report! I love hearing about everyone's vacations! I need to live vicariously thru everyone else's vacations seeing as how we have nothing planned.

Pixarmom, keep those awesome pictures coming! They are awesome! SAB always puts a smile on my face! I may be in the minority here, but I kind of like how the Solarium looks with the fitness machines in it. We enjoyed several meals and some relaxing downtime there in July and I'm glad the change is only temporary, but it looks like an upscale gym!

2/02 Holiday Inn (now Nick Hotel) 2/08 POR 9/08 POR 6/09 Regal Sun/Windsor Hills 7/10 Windsor Hills 7/11 Windsor Hills/AKL/BLT 7/12 Beach Club/AKL 7/13 BC CL 2/14 POP/SSR for PHM weekend 6/14 POR/BC CL/AoA split stay

Old 10-14-2012, 11:57 AM   #2666
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Pixarmom

Love the photos. Missing BC. But only rooms avail on promo for Jan are water view maybe Aug trip.
Booked FQ for January. New to us. When we stay at a mod it's usually POR.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 7-Sept 3 2014 Ft Lauderdale, Universal, WDW GF & GF CL
Old 10-14-2012, 12:01 PM   #2667
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenaS View Post
Guess who is coming for my birthday and Christmas??? Yep, Princess Lily and her Queen Mother. Sooooo excited!
that's wonderful. It must be hard living so far away. Nice hat they seem to be able to get over lots.
I hope to get over to BC for a visit with you in Jan!
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 7-Sept 3 2014 Ft Lauderdale, Universal, WDW GF & GF CL
Old 10-14-2012, 12:10 PM   #2668
wifey
DIS Veteran

Oops forgot to say we will be staying at Yacht Club!

Food Report 2009 http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2204927

Trip Report 2009 http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2286975

Trip Report 2007 http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1508500[img]

June 1998 Comfort Inn LBV, November 2000 AS Music Jazz 2510, September 2002 SpringHill Suites MV, February 2004 AS Movies Purdey 4960, June 2005 Comfort Inn LBV, November 2005 Sequoia Lodge DLRP Last trip 21st June 2007 AS Movies,September 2009 First time at Port Orleans French Quarter,Next trip Yacht club (club level)August 2013
Me DH NielDS Ethan
Old 10-14-2012, 01:05 PM   #2669
Hopefully
DIS Veteran

Wonderful BCV Stay 10/6 - 10/13

We got back at 12:30 this morning from our wonderful week at the BCV. We were in Villa 407, a dedicated 2 BR on the 4th floor. Our balconies overlooked the Solarium, Front Port Cochere and the walkway to the BC. It was not the best view we have ever had, but we were the 3rd Villa from the main elevator and we loved the location. Actually, I have never had a Villa/view I disliked.

In general:
Our party consists of DH and DS and DDiL, so all adults.

Weather: It was HOT and HUMID the beginning of the week. Saturday through Tuesday were truly uncomfortable for us. The end of the week stayed warm, but drier and pleasant. We had about 45minutes of rain on Saturday night and that was it for the week.

Crowds: We knew it was a holiday weekend going in, but we were using the last of our expiring AP's and needed to go this week. It was way more crowded than I expected. Lots and lots of folks in the parks. That said ride wait times were not bad at all. Our longest line was for Soarin' on Sunday. It was posted as 50 minutes, but we rode and were off in less than that. FP were out to 4:55 to 5:55 at 10:15 AM
On Tuesday Kali River Rapids was posted as a 70 minute wait at about 3 PM. We chose not to ride, as we were hot, and tired and ready to leave AK. Everyone else rode EE, around 10, 3 times in 50 minutes; once standby, once Single Rider line, and lastly with a FP obtained before first ride. I thought that was great.
F & W crowds on the weekend were huge!! We go this time of year just for the festival and it was busier than ever on Saturday and Sunday. Mid week was less busy. Again, we knew this going in, but I think next trip we will plan to avoid Epcot on a Saturday during the festival.
We saw lots of tour groups in the parks. It is annoying when several members push pass you in line to join friends ahead. We experienced this a couple of times.

We arrived Via ME at 11:30 AM on 10/6. As expected our Villa was not ready. We left our carryons with Bell Services and headed over to Epcot. The crowds were huge and for the first time ever we witnessed groups of folks who had had too much to drink. I have read that complaint here, but never experienced it myself before. We went to Epcot part of 5 days and this was the worst by far.
It was so hot and humid and crowded that we left around 3 PM (a first for us) and went to the Crew's Cup Lounge for a cold drink and to wait for our Villa to be ready. It was very pleasant. We got the text about 3:45 and head over to the BC and our Villa.

Villa: Our dedicated 2 BR villa was spotless and in relatively good condition. I didn't notice nicks, dirty rugs etc, but I did notice a stain in the upholstery on both the couch and on the bench at the dining table. This does not bother us, given the use of the Villa's, but I know it bothers others.
We received our wegoshop delivery at 5 PM right on time and after I put everything away we realized that the refrigerator door was not shutting completely.
We called engineering and he came shortly. The door gasket was not on correctly and he was able to fix it quickly and completely.
At the end of the week I put a load of laundry in the dryer and it would not start. We had used it earlier in the week, so this was a surprise. Called Engineering again and they said they would be up shortly. In the meantime we identified that the knob you turn to set the dryer was cracked and not gripping the mechanism. Some tape from the First Aid Kit tightened it enough so that we could start the drier. I called back and let engineering know what we discovered and that the knob needed to be replaced. When we came back from SAB, the dryer had a new knob.

I met Tina on Sunday and enjoyed talking with her for a few minutes. We talked a bit about Princess Lily's summer visit. She is just beautiful. Tina did tell me that guests were complaining more about the weather on Sunday than many days during the summer.

We did the Wild Animal Trek in the AK at 8 AM on Tuesday Daniel and AJ were our guides and they were wonderful. I had been a bit worried about the rope bridges, but I did fine and we all had a blast. It is expensive, but if you can do it I highly recommend it.

Over the week we were in Epot part of 5 days, MK twice, AK and HS once each and spend an afternoon at SAB.

We had a wonderful week and it exceeded all of my hopes and expectations. I can answer any questions.

Last edited by Hopefully; 10-14-2012 at 05:50 PM.
Old 10-14-2012, 01:15 PM   #2670
BLTtinkerbell
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Mom View Post
....dealing with a 3 year old is like trying to reason with a drunk. They have no interest in doing the sensible thing, it's just party on and they'll deal with any consequences later.

~NM
NM,
As a preschool teacher, this made me laugh so hard! Thanks for the laugh!
You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: