Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2012, 04:44 PM   #2596
JanetMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyT View Post

Oh I love afternoon breaks. Only problem. Back to the park or SAB? Problems. Problems.

I think it is time for an afternoon refreshment break.

Trip Report - Dining with Disers 2014
Trip Report - March Break 2012 at the YC http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post44422655
Trip Report - March Break 2010 at CR – with stops at Poly, GF, WL, BW, BC, YC, MK, Epcot, HS, DD, and TL http://www.disboards.com/showthread....4#post35923604
Trip Report - Solo trip - A brief stay at CSR with a stop at AKL (with pics!) http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post36750372

FW - 1972 (I think, I was little then!); WL - 2004; WL CL - 2007; CR CL - 2010; CSR - 2010; YC CL - 2012; BC - 2014
Old 10-11-2012, 04:45 PM   #2597
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Follow us to our wonderful BC room on the second floor!

First, the lobby:

Then, up the stairs to the second floor:

We walked through the elevator bank:

Then we turned to the right:

And our room was right there!

Our balcony:

And the view:

The view at night:

The daybed:

The balcony from the courtyard:

Flat Ben loves BC!

And just one more of the lobby, because we were so close!

Disneyland (x many), Polynesisan (x many), Beach Club (x many), Boardwalk (x3), Yacht Club, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge (x2), Animal Kingdom Lodge, Port Orleans French Quarter, Dolphin, Coronado Springs (x3), Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans-Riverside, All Star Sports, All Star Music, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, 2013 Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and 5K

January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AOA/AKL/GF/Poly)
March/April 2015: WL/CR
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-11-2012, 04:54 PM   #2598
JanetMom
DIS Veteran

Great pictures Pixarmom!

Thanks for the tour.

Trip Report - Dining with Disers 2014
Trip Report - March Break 2012 at the YC http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post44422655
Trip Report - March Break 2010 at CR – with stops at Poly, GF, WL, BW, BC, YC, MK, Epcot, HS, DD, and TL http://www.disboards.com/showthread....4#post35923604
Trip Report - Solo trip - A brief stay at CSR with a stop at AKL (with pics!) http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post36750372

FW - 1972 (I think, I was little then!); WL - 2004; WL CL - 2007; CR CL - 2010; CSR - 2010; YC CL - 2012; BC - 2014
Old 10-11-2012, 05:25 PM   #2599
jwwi
DIS Veteran

Pixarmom-beautiful room, great location. Did you have fun sitting on the balcony watching the activity outside your room?
Old 10-11-2012, 06:21 PM   #2600
MickeyT
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixarmom View Post
Wow pixarmom....Great pictures and great location. I've always wondered what it would be like and glad one of our 'family' got to experience!

Old 10-11-2012, 06:34 PM   #2601
Clarabel
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the wonderful tour Pixarmom. Makes me glad we requested close to lobby.... Sure hope we're as lucky as you!!
Old 10-11-2012, 07:11 PM   #2602
1971DBday
Keep moving forward!

Thanks Pixarmom! Keep them coming! This will be our first trip to the BC and I need to know all of the secrets and get my wayfinding down.
'79 1st trip (child); '95 Honeymoon WL; '98 GF; '02 Poly; Nov/Dec '06 CSR; Nov/Dec '07 CBR; Nov/Dec '08 CSR; Nov/Dec2009Poly; Nov/Dec2010Poly; Oct '11 Poly; June '12 Poly; June '13 BC; Planning June 2014 AKV as First Time DVC Owners

Old 10-11-2012, 07:58 PM   #2603
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Hi again! I'll start working on the BC Marketplace updates, Flat Ben's adventures and SAB photos soon, but I also posted a mini-review of MNSSHP in case it's helpful to anyone visiting soon: http://www.disboards.com/showthread....0#post46418710

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanetMom View Post
Great pictures Pixarmom!

Thanks for the tour.
Hi JanetMom! Glad you enjoyed them! Makes me happy to share them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwwi View Post
Pixarmom-beautiful room, great location. Did you have fun sitting on the balcony watching the activity outside your room?
Hi jwwi! Yes, we really did! It was perfect for everyone - I was out there early in the morning (cheers with my morning coffee to fellow BC early bird, Dee!) and in the late evening. It was especially nice in the evening because each of the boys would step out individually to chat with me for a while. (OK, they were supposed to be sleeping, but I'm a pushover for a good conversation with my boys.) Great to have that individual time during a busy family trip! During the day, it was really fun for all of us to be right in the middle of the action!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyT View Post
Wow pixarmom....Great pictures and great location. I've always wondered what it would be like and glad one of our 'family' got to experience!
Coming from MickeyT, that's a big compliment! I wish I could do better with the settings on my very simple Nikon Coolpix S8000. When the kids are grown, a photography class and new camera is first on my to-do list! What are your resort plans for January? I know you and your wife often do split stays. Although the problem with trying all those other resorts is that each member of our family of five develops their own opinions and preferences - making it harder to return to my favorite BC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarabel View Post
Thanks for the wonderful tour Pixarmom. Makes me glad we requested close to lobby.... Sure hope we're as lucky as you!!
Thanks, Clarabel! Hoping for a great location and lots of pixie dust for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1971DBday View Post
Thanks Pixarmom! Keep them coming! This will be our first trip to the BC and I need to know all of the secrets and get my wayfinding down.
Hi 1971DBday! So glad they were helpful - makes me happy to see, post and share them! As I mentioned above, we try and return to many different resorts, but BC will always be my favorite. Hope you love it as much as we do!
Disneyland (x many), Polynesisan (x many), Beach Club (x many), Boardwalk (x3), Yacht Club, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge (x2), Animal Kingdom Lodge, Port Orleans French Quarter, Dolphin, Coronado Springs (x3), Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans-Riverside, All Star Sports, All Star Music, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, 2013 Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and 5K

January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AOA/AKL/GF/Poly)
March/April 2015: WL/CR
Old 10-11-2012, 08:15 PM   #2604
DisneyMomx7
DIS Veteran

Great pics pixarmom! Looks like a wonderful room.

If you look across your balcony, on the 5th floor, the last room that has the outside light on is one of our favorite rooms! We had it in 2010 and 2011 and had the room next to it this summer.

Hope you are having a magical trip!

GF-2003,2004,2005,2006,2008,2009,2011,2013,2014
YC-2006,2007,2008,2014 POLY- 2006,2007,2008
BC-2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013
HRH-2004,2006, RPR-2012, 2014
Old 10-11-2012, 08:20 PM   #2605
Ninja Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post

As much as I love the BC, I'm cheating on her this January. I'm going on a date with her more mature and mysterious sister, YC. Please don't snitch on me.

What's in it for us if we don't snitch?

If I were you, I'd put a boatload of Oreo Bon Bon's in a rather large brown paper bag and label it " 2012 Beach and Yacht FAQ, Part 3- August, September and October 2012 thread".

That just might ensure our silence.... at least until we are hungry again!

Quote:
Hello BC/YC fans! SNIP There are many things I loved about this second floor room: 1) full balcony; 2) so close to BC Marketplace, it was unbelievable; SNIP but we REALLY loved just hopping down the stairs to the lobby.
Was it so close that you could....say, tie a rope around your refillable mugs and lower them down from your balcony for a refill??

The good thing about using the rope method is that in the morning the CM's can loop bagels and donuts through the holes and onto the rope for a really quick breakfast!

Thanks for the great report! It really put a wag in my tail!

~NM
Update: Mom is getting near the end and we all have been spending quality time with her. She is at peace with everything and we are just keeping her comfortable. My Mom is the type of person who is the ultimate caregiver, so she was feeling a little awkward being on the receiving end of all that care. We were able to get her to accept the fact that, just like she got all that satisfaction from taking care of us, we are getting SO MUCH satisfaction from helping her! It's all good and the family has really come together over this. Thanks to everybody who has been keeping us in your thoughts and prayers.
Old 10-11-2012, 08:26 PM   #2606
Nancyg56
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Mom View Post
~NM
Update: Mom is getting near the end and we all have been spending quality time with her. She is at peace with everything and we are just keeping her comfortable. My Mom is the type of person who is the ultimate caregiver, so she was feeling a little awkward being on the receiving end of all that care. We were able to get her to accept the fact that, just like she got all that satisfaction from taking care of us, we are getting SO MUCH satisfaction from helping her! It's all good and the family has really come together over this. Thanks to everybody who has been keeping us in your thoughts and prayers.

I have been thinking about you and your family. Thank you for the update
Old 10-11-2012, 08:49 PM   #2607
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Awesome pics pixarmom!!!! Is it possible to be close to the lobby and close to the Epcot side??? (If that makes sense)....that's what I would like to request.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 10-11-2012, 09:05 PM   #2608
MickeyT
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Coming from MickeyT, that's a big compliment! I wish I could do better with the settings on my very simple Nikon Coolpix S8000. When the kids are grown, a photography class and new camera is first on my to-do list! What are your resort plans for January? I know you and your wife often do split stays. Although the problem with trying all those other resorts is that each member of our family of five develops their own opinions and preferences - making it harder to return to my favorite BC!
!
My camera was a to do list thing. I kept waiting and waiting to buy one and a dear friend asked me to think of the shots I was letting get away because I was waiting. Grandson loves all sports and we love WDW so what two better subjects to photograph. Had it a year now and still feel like I'm just beginning to learn.

You have our resort strategy down to a T. Marathon Week in January has us trying a 1BR at BLT for four nights, justthe DW and me. Sunday-Wednesday. Then Thursday-Sunday over to a 2BR at BCV. Sisters and Husbands all joining us again. 5th annual. Can't wait.

And then we are doing the West Coast repositioning cruise on the Wonder next May. Then on to Alaska leg the next week. I will have to pm you some questions (ask for tips) as the trip gets closer.

And thanks for all your menu/resort pictures. No telling how many guest you have helped in their planning.

Old 10-11-2012, 09:14 PM   #2609
kelleigh1
Disney Baby
I sleep with Pooh & Mickey
Kicked off the school bus

Thank you pixarmom for the MNSSHP report. I am going to check it out since we'll be attending our first in jusult under 3 weeks.

Childless doesn't mean that we're not a family. MLA RLA

Old 10-11-2012, 09:19 PM   #2610
333disneymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixarmom
Great pics!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Mom

~NM
Thinking of your family and said a prayer for your family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyT

You have our resort strategy down to a T. Marathon Week in January has us trying a 1BR at BLT for four nights, justthe DW and me. Sunday-Wednesday. Then Thursday-Sunday over to a 2BR at BCV. Sisters and Husbands all joining us again. 5th annual. Can't wait.

And then we are doing the West Coast repositioning cruise on the Wonder next May. Then on to Alaska leg the next week. I will have to pm you some questions (ask for tips) as the trip gets closer.

And thanks for all your menu/resort pictures. No telling how many guest you have helped in their planning.
We did this split in May and really enjoyed it. We felt like it was the best of both worlds.

Last edited by 333disneymom; 10-11-2012 at 09:26 PM.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: