Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 10-01-2012, 02:37 PM   #2326
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran
 
Wood Nymph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Chicago suburbs
Posts: 5,038

Quote:
Originally Posted by janinev7 View Post
All of the discussions about getting to MK got me wondering...
Can u take the boat over to Epcot and then get on monorail to MK? Is that a possibility?
You can get a boat that takes you to Epcot from the Epcot hotels, but it only takes you as far as the International Gateway, which is close to England in the World Showcase. From there you have to walk through the World Showcase and Future World to get to the monorails. Then you ride the monorail back to the Ticket and Transportation center where you have to switch to a MK monorail. We used to do that all the time. But it is a bit of a walk. We liked to stop at the coca Cola cooling station and pick up a free drink on our way through Future World.
__________________
~ Sue



Next up: WL - Jan 24 to 29, 2015; YC - April 15 - 21, 2015
WL - Oct 22-27, 2014, YC - Sept 24-28, 2014; BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Wood Nymph is offline  
Old 10-01-2012, 03:01 PM   #2327
janinev7
Mouseketeer
 
janinev7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 106

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post
You can get a boat that takes you to Epcot from the Epcot hotels, but it only takes you as far as the International Gateway, which is close to England in the World Showcase. From there you have to walk through the World Showcase and Future World to get to the monorails. Then you ride the monorail back to the Ticket and Transportation center where you have to switch to a MK monorail. We used to do that all the time. But it is a bit of a walk. We liked to stop at the coca Cola cooling station and pick up a free drink on our way through Future World.
Thanks for the reply! That doesn't work out well unless u have park hoppers. I was hoping the boat would bring you near the monorail without having to enter Epcot.
__________________
janinev7 is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-01-2012, 03:04 PM   #2328
kelleigh1
Disney Baby
I sleep with Pooh & Mickey
Kicked off the school bus
 
kelleigh1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Behind Gillette Stadium
Posts: 7,701

Quote:
Originally Posted by janinev7 View Post
Thanks for the reply! That doesn't work out well unless u have park hoppers. I was hoping the boat would bring you near the monorail without having to enter Epcot.
Nope, it's completely the opposite side of Epcot. On this map, the boat dropoff is at International Gateway (pink). And you can see the Monorail (green) is pretty far away.

__________________

Childless doesn't mean that we're not a family. MLA RLA







kelleigh1 is offline  
Old 10-01-2012, 03:39 PM   #2329
DisneyMomx7
DIS Veteran
 
DisneyMomx7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Hamilton Square, NJ
Posts: 11,093

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixarmom View Post
Wenny and Vinotinto, I'm a member of the "6 day club" too! We're SO excited and can't wait to be back at BC!

Robyn and YCFan, I always think of the two of you when we plan our own "in room celebration," so had to report the plan for this trip. The Mickey Pumpkin ear hats, personalized Mickey Pumpkin cinch bags from Etsy (for MNSSHP trick-or-treating), glow sticks, Halloween Mickey Plush and a "credit" for a MNSSHP t-shirt. It's a small celebration, and I'll need to run to the room to set it up myself this time, but I'm very excited. Thanks again to both of you for all the inspiration!
Sounds like a great celebration - can't wait to see the pictures.

I agree with YCFAN. One of our best trips was a short 6 day trip during MNSSHP and the F&WF. It was our only "surprise" trip and the kids STILL talk about it 4 years later.

Have a magical trip and say hi to Teena for me!
__________________
Robyn

GF-2003,2004,2005,2006,2008,2009,2011,2013,2014
YC-2006,2007,2008,2014 POLY- 2006,2007,2008
BC-2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013
HRH-2004,2006, RPR-2012, 2014
DisneyMomx7 is offline  
Old 10-01-2012, 05:32 PM   #2330
MMrules
DIS Veteran
 
MMrules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Massachusetts :(-too far away!!!!
Posts: 1,124

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarabel View Post
Thanks to all of you who make this thread such an informative and entertaining place to hang out. It makes the anticipation of our first trip to YC, (and WDW) so much sweeter!

Can I pick your extensive collective knowledge and ask if anyone knows of any yoga classes offered at YC/ BC or, failing that, anywhere else in WDW? Thanks
I believe the Contemporary Resort was going to be changing some rooms into a more "health" conscious room and if I recall some yoga themed stuff in them. I don't remember when the rooms were being converted, but I know this was a while back. I would check to see if they offer any yoga there as the rooms had that type of theme/feel.
__________________

97-CBR, 98-CBR, 03-BC,04-DCL, 06-CBR, 07-AKL, 09-CBR, 11-WL (solo trip) BCV (1st DVC member trip) AKV, 12-WL, BCV, BWV 13-BWV 14-VWL

MMrules is offline  
Old 10-01-2012, 05:35 PM   #2331
Clarabel
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMrules View Post
I believe the Contemporary Resort was going to be changing some rooms into a more "health" conscious room and if I recall some yoga themed stuff in them. I don't remember when the rooms were being converted, but I know this was a while back. I would check to see if they offer any yoga there as the rooms had that type of theme/feel.



I'll check that out, thanks
Clarabel is offline  
Old 10-01-2012, 05:41 PM   #2332
Clarabel
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by klinlin View Post
When we were last there, (November 2010) there was yoga on the beach at 7 a.m I think. Will be back in 7 weeks but someone else may have more recent information.


Woah, early morning yoga on the beach sounds awesome! We're there in November too but I wonder if they're still offering this two years later?
Clarabel is offline  
Old 10-01-2012, 06:32 PM   #2333
wishinon3stars
Mouseketeer
 
wishinon3stars's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 253

everyone! We got back from our 7 day stay at BC last Saturday night. Everything from start to finish was phenominal!!! We had a great family vacation with lots of laughs and fun! We did deluxe dining and ate soooo much great food. We did 2 meals a day either breakfast or lunch with a dinner each night at a signature restaurant. Our favorites were Citricos and Jiko!!! I was nervous about finding something I would like at Jiko but it was delicious and ended up being in my top 2 favs.

We were greeted right when we got off the bus and our rooms were ready and they were very clean. I know some others have posted that their rooms/balconies were dusty and dirty but ours were perfect. We had a view overlooking the quiet pool in the BCV and my daughter had a room that seemed to be a garden view at BC even tho we booked standard. Mousekeeping did a great job with our rooms and left us enough toiletries so we never ran out and had plenty of extras. We started the week with the old aquatics toiletries from H20 but by Wednesday, they were leaving us the new grapefruit kind. My daughter who stayed at BC said they had the grapefruit kind all week.

Buses were no problem. We only shared with YC for most of the time. The only time I remember sharing with BW, YC and Swan and Dolphin was coming home at night from MK. We never waited more than a few minutes for a bus except for the morning we went to the Polynesian for breakfast at Kona Cafe. When leaving the Poly, we waited a little bit for a bus to Hollywood Studios from there and it seemed very crowded and chaotic compared to BC.

It was HOT!! Only rained twice on Thurs and Fri in the early evening when we were getting ready for dinner so it didn't bother us at all.

Wait for rides were usually 10 minutes or less. A couple of times we waited 20 minutes but it didn't even seem that long. A few rides had 40 minute wait time posted but it was never that long.

F&W festival: very, very crowded on Friday and Saturday. My advice to anyone going is to try to go during the first part of the week instead of the weekend. Lines for food and drink were very, very long. Maybe during the week they won't be so long for you.

Only downside to trip was that I didn't get to meet Teena as she was on her cruise. Well, there's always next time

To all of you going soon: I hope you have as great a time as we all did.
__________________
Linda

Poly: Sept 1984 Honeymoon!; Off-site: April 1994; April 1998, July 1999;
BCV: May 2009; BCV: Sept 2010; BCV: Sept 2012;
Dolphin: June 2013; Sept 2014 BC
wishinon3stars is offline  
Old 10-01-2012, 06:37 PM   #2334
natebenma
DIS Veteran
 
natebenma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: near Boston
Posts: 12,031

October Activities Schedule

Here it is! Thanks, Cathy!


natebenma is offline  
Old 10-01-2012, 06:42 PM   #2335
JoshMom5
Now residing in ONEderland!!
My birthday wish was for some color
 
JoshMom5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Northeast Pennsylvania
Posts: 582

Welcome back Linda. Glad to hear you had a great time!
__________________
Paula
Coronado Springs June 2004 Animal Kingdom Lodge June 2009 Caribbean Beach October 2010
Beach Club December 2012 Old Key West June 2015


JoshMom5 is offline  
Old 10-01-2012, 07:10 PM   #2336
natebenma
DIS Veteran
 
natebenma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: near Boston
Posts: 12,031

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishinon3stars View Post
everyone! We got back from our 7 day stay at BC last Saturday night. Everything from start to finish was phenominal!!!
So glad to hear you had a great trip!
natebenma is offline  
Old 10-01-2012, 07:34 PM   #2337
Missyrose
DIS Veteran
 
Missyrose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Northern Va.
Posts: 7,270

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMrules View Post
I believe the Contemporary Resort was going to be changing some rooms into a more "health" conscious room and if I recall some yoga themed stuff in them. I don't remember when the rooms were being converted, but I know this was a while back. I would check to see if they offer any yoga there as the rooms had that type of theme/feel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarabel View Post
I'll check that out, thanks
The health suites at CR were canceled, they're not being built anymore.
__________________
Missy Franklin (Pixel Dust) | Facebook: World of Yesterday, Tomorrow & Fantasy | Current TR: 8/14 Past TR: 5/14, 10/13, 1/13, 5/13, 10/12, 3/12 , 10/11, 10/10
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/11 -- CR, 3/12 -- Windsor Hills, 10/12 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/13 -- BWV, 5/13 -- BLT, 10/13 -- YC CL, 5/14 -- BWV, 08/14 -- VGF/BLT, 12/14 -- BWV, 4/15 -- BLT, 10/15 -- BWV

Missyrose is offline  
Old 10-01-2012, 08:05 PM   #2338
TeenaS
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Clermont, FL
Posts: 5,915

I'm home from the cruise!! Thanks Dee for keeping everybody uptodate on my comings and goings. The Centurylink repairman came today. I think my sandhill cranes were eating the telephone lines ... anyway he got the internet connection repaired and told Bob (I was at work) the problem was in the yard.

Cruise was wonderful. Absolutely the best weather and sailing (thought we were docked ... ship never felt like it was moving) we've ever had. The Fantasy is absolutely beautiful but too large for my liking. Service was fantastic, food was in my opinion not quite as good as the Magic and Wonder but still better than any other cruise line I've been on. The food up on the pool deck (hamburgers, etc.) at the quick service places was absolutely horrible and I'd never eat there again!!! Bacon cheeseburger had raw bacon on it and the hamburger was cold and the cheese not melted. Just horrible. But the food in the main dining rooms and the buffets ... very very good.

Overall, I'm still a fan of the smaller ships but Bob preferred the Fantasy but agreed with my food assessment. I felt the Magic and Wonder was more intimate and we saw the same people over and over again whereas on the Fantasy it was way too big.

I was still the first guest on the adult beach at Castaway Cay so I handled the additional guests just fine. I absolutely love that place and all of you that know me know it is my "happy place."

OK ... as far as BC news. They suspended all the food and drink offerings in the arcade and moved it all to Martha's Vineyard. They assured me it is the same offerings and still considered a quick service meal on the dining plan.

I was also told additional items have been added to the Marketplace menu.

I was so happy to be back at work and meet so many of our dissers that are staying there now. And of course I spent way too much time catching up with Amanda!!!

Thanks again Dee for posting the pictures for me. Part of the fun on a Disney cruise is decorating the stateroom doors with magnets. Bob is like a kid. He can't wait for me to put on the decorations!!
TeenaS is offline  
Old 10-01-2012, 08:57 PM   #2339
Kteacher
Not your average kindergarten teacher
Judge Judy stole my iced tea!
REALLY good at keeping secrets
 
Kteacher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Ma
Posts: 5,691

Welcome back Teena!
__________________
DXL '99, DXL '01, CR '02, CR '03, CR '04, CR '05, Poly '06 CR '06, CR '07, Poly '08,Poly June '09, Poly Oct. '09,Poly '10, Poly '11, Beach Club '12,Boardwalk '14
Kteacher is offline  
Old 10-01-2012, 08:59 PM   #2340
vinotinto
Just Keep Swimming
 
vinotinto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: ATL
Posts: 2,164

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodonthesaddle View Post
Already checked into BC will be arriving Saturday morning! 5 more nights of sleep before F&W!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missyrose View Post
We arrive Wednesday morning! Can't wait to see all the Disers at BC!
Looking at the Ge Our Guest list, it looks like we have quite a few in the 5-days and under club!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishinon3stars View Post
everyone! We got back from our 7 day stay at BC last Saturday night. Everything from start to finish was phenominal!!! We had a great family vacation with lots of laughs and fun! We did deluxe dining and ate soooo much great food. We did 2 meals a day either breakfast or lunch with a dinner each night at a signature restaurant. Our favorites were Citricos and Jiko!!! I was nervous about finding something I would like at Jiko but it was delicious and ended up being in my top 2 favs.
We're also doing deluxe dining. I tried to diet this week, but the F7W pics are making me hungry!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenaS View Post
I'm home from the cruise!! Thanks Dee for keeping everybody uptodate on my comings and goings. The Centurylink repairman came today. I think my sandhill cranes were eating the telephone lines ... anyway he got the internet connection repaired and told Bob (I was at work) the problem was in the yard.

Cruise was wonderful. Absolutely the best weather and sailing (thought we were docked ... ship never felt like it was moving) we've ever had. The Fantasy is absolutely beautiful but too large for my liking. Service was fantastic, food was in my opinion not quite as good as the Magic and Wonder but still better than any other cruise line I've been on. The food up on the pool deck (hamburgers, etc.) at the quick service places was absolutely horrible and I'd never eat there again!!! Bacon cheeseburger had raw bacon on it and the hamburger was cold and the cheese not melted. Just horrible. But the food in the main dining rooms and the buffets ... very very good.

Overall, I'm still a fan of the smaller ships but Bob preferred the Fantasy but agreed with my food assessment. I felt the Magic and Wonder was more intimate and we saw the same people over and over again whereas on the Fantasy it was way too big.

I was still the first guest on the adult beach at Castaway Cay so I handled the additional guests just fine. I absolutely love that place and all of you that know me know it is my "happy place."

OK ... as far as BC news. They suspended all the food and drink offerings in the arcade and moved it all to Martha's Vineyard. They assured me it is the same offerings and still considered a quick service meal on the dining plan.

I was also told additional items have been added to the Marketplace menu.

I was so happy to be back at work and meet so many of our dissers that are staying there now. And of course I spent way too much time catching up with Amanda!!!

Thanks again Dee for posting the pictures for me. Part of the fun on a Disney cruise is decorating the stateroom doors with magnets. Bob is like a kid. He can't wait for me to put on the decorations!!
Sounds wonderful! My DS is dying to go on a Disney cruise.


Does anyone know if the campfire remains until the movie starts? If the campfire is at 6:30 pm, will it be dead by 7:00 or 7:30 pm?
__________________

Aug 2014 - YC Jan 2014 - Disney Dream and WL Oct 2013 - PBH Oct 2012 - BC (DxDP) Oct 2011 - YC (DxDP) May 2011 - PBH and AKL (DxDP) Sept 2010 - Poly (DxDP) Oct 2009 - BC (DDP) May 2004 - RPR April 1995 - AsMu
vinotinto is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:31 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: