Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2012, 06:09 AM   #2311
Kteacher
Not your average kindergarten teacher
Judge Judy stole my iced tea!
REALLY good at keeping secrets

Looks like a lot of us arriving this week

Old 10-01-2012, 07:25 AM   #2312
vinotinto
Just Keep Swimming

6-day club is now down to 5-day club!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wenny View Post
6 days!!!! :D

Booked DD for an evening at Sandcastle Club so DH and I can spend a few hours at F&W. I'm downright giddy!!
My kids went to Sandcastle Club last year. They had a good time! My son loves video games and my daughter loves crafts and dress-up and they both liked the activities. Plus, they got cookies, which is always a plus in their book. There should be a coupon for 15% off in your mickey mail. Don't forget it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixarmom View Post
Wenny and Vinotinto, I'm a member of the "6 day club" too! We're SO excited and can't wait to be back at BC!
*The* pixarmom is going to be at BC at the same time as us?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimommy View Post
can anyone tell me how long it takes to get to mk from bc on the bus? I really want to stay at bc, but we are planning on spending most of our time at mk... so I think it might be a better choice to stay at a mk resort. I really dont like taking the buses... but maybe its worth it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
When we stayed at the BC, the buses were always crowded and shared with the YC/BWI/Swan/Dolphin and although it got a little frustrating, we did have a great time at the BC and we are trying the YC next summer. I have read reports of the buses only servicing BC/YC and not being all that bad for getting to MK (or AK), so I think it's hit or miss as not everyone has the same experience when it comes to the buses at the Epcot resorts. With that said, the BC really is a great resort, so if you can handle the buses, I don't think you would regret staying there .
My experience has been the same as mickeynut. The two times we have stayed at BC/YC, we shared buses among all 5 resorts (YC/BWI/Swan/Dolphin) and it did take a while (including wait times, and picking up across all resorts, I would average it at about 45 minutes) and was plenty crowded. Honestly, it was my least favorite aspect of staying BC/YC. We only go to MK on 2 out of 8 days, so it's not the focus of our vacation at all. If MK were our focus, I would opt for a resort closer. BUT, I have seen reports of only sharing between BC/YC, so I think it depends on the time of the year that you go. My guess is that since we've always gone in the Fall (October), they have less bus service than in higher season. I think if you are already thinking about Christmas or the Spring Break season or summer, the bus service sounds like it's better. And I am not knocking down BC/YC at all. The bus service from Poly to AK and DHS was awful and the monorail broke down 3 times during our stay, but since you mentioned your focus was MK, the resorts over there would be better for MK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post

Still looking for an Activities Schedule for October, so if you happen to get your hands on one, please let me know.

For everyone leaving for the world this week- Have a fantastic, magical time!

Dee
Thanks and I hope someone chimes in w/ the activities schedule. It would be helpful in the final stages of planning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kteacher View Post
Looks like a lot of us arriving this week
Indeed! My DD is in K. Enjoy!

Aug 2014 - YC Jan 2014 - Disney Dream and WL Oct 2013 - PBH Oct 2012 - BC (DxDP) Oct 2011 - YC (DxDP) May 2011 - PBH and AKL (DxDP) Sept 2010 - Poly (DxDP) Oct 2009 - BC (DDP) May 2004 - RPR April 1995 - AsMu
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-01-2012, 07:48 AM   #2313
kelleigh1
Disney Baby
I sleep with Pooh & Mickey
Kicked off the school bus

It's October so that means that this month, we'll be checking into YC! Granted, it's not until Oct. 27th, but still, it's THIS month!

YAY!

Childless doesn't mean that we're not a family. MLA RLA

Old 10-01-2012, 07:55 AM   #2314
CruisingCamper
DIS Veteran

Thanks the info about the club!
2014- Disney's Saratoga Springs Feb
2013- Art of Animation Nov, Disney Fantasy Dec, Fort Wilderness May, Fort Wilderness March
2012- Yacht Club Oct, Fort Wilderness April
2011- Fort Wilderness March, Beach Club Nov, Disney Magic Dec, Polynesian Dec
2010- Fort Wilderness April
2009- Disney's Swan Aug, Fort Wilderness May, Fort Wilderness March
2008- Disney Magic Dec, Polynesian Dec, Caribbean Beach March
2006- Saratoga Springs Feb, Wilderness Lodge Jan
Old 10-01-2012, 08:11 AM   #2315
bloodonthesaddle
Mouseketeer

Already checked into BC will be arriving Saturday morning! 5 more nights of sleep before F&W!
Old 10-01-2012, 08:15 AM   #2316
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

We arrive Wednesday morning! Can't wait to see all the Disers at BC!
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/2011 -- CR, 3/2012 -- Windsor Hills, 10/2012 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/2013 -- BWV, 5/2013 -- BLT, 10/2013 -- YC CL, 5/2014 -- BWV, 08/2014 -- VGF/BLT, 12/2014 -- BWV, 4/2015 -- BLT

Old 10-01-2012, 08:48 AM   #2317
Couchy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelleigh1 View Post
It's October so that means that this month, we'll be checking into YC! Granted, it's not until Oct. 27th, but still, it's THIS month!

YAY!
I was thinking the same thing when I woke up. It's finally October and I can not wait

We changed our flight times last night. We were originally flying in Wed night but are now leaving in to go to in the morning . our flight on sunday was leaving originally at 2:40 but we changed it until 6pm... so much extra time now

Everyone leaving this week, have fun

4 trips as a kid.2002-Westgate, 2004 -Hilton DTD, 2005 -Westgate, 2007 -Royal Sun DTD, 2008 Hilton DTD, April 2011 -Swan, Dec 2011-Dolphin/ Yacht Club , Feb 2012 -Solo@Swan , April 2012-Dolphin with our friends, june/july 2012 - Beach Club
Old 10-01-2012, 09:22 AM   #2318
kelleigh1
Disney Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couchy View Post
I was thinking the same thing when I woke up. It's finally October and I can not wait

We changed our flight times last night. We were originally flying in Wed night but are now leaving in to go to in the morning . our flight on sunday was leaving originally at 2:40 but we changed it until 6pm... so much extra time now

Do you arrive on Halloween? We are doing Saturday to Saturday. Our flight down leaves PVD at 6:35am and we land at MCO at 9:40. (Planning on lunch at Captain's Grille!) Our departure flight, we got the last of the day at 5:30ish. I'm soaking up as much time at WDW as we can.

Old 10-01-2012, 11:23 AM   #2319
dandydad12
Mouseketeer

Quote:

I am so jealous , June seems so far away You guys have lots of fun

I started switching Flights a few years ago to get there early,leave as late as possible it gives me so much more time

I do hope your dogs handle this trip better tell them you are going to get them a great treat but it may take awhile

Have a great time

Old 10-01-2012, 11:43 AM   #2320
jad215
Mouseketeer

Quote:

YAY!
That's my ADR date! Only 26 days left!!!

Old 10-01-2012, 11:44 AM   #2321
Couchy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Do you arrive on Halloween? We are doing Saturday to Saturday. Our flight down leaves PVD at 6:35am and we land at MCO at 9:40. (Planning on lunch at Captain's Grille!) Our departure flight, we got the last of the day at 5:30ish. I'm soaking up as much time at WDW as we can.
We do! We get to MCO at about 11 on 10/31 Originally we were arriving at 9:50 and to me it was a whole wasted day. If we are going all that way we might as well enjoy as much time as possible. We should definitley meet up at SAB I will be the one with a relaxing beverage in hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandydad12 View Post
I am so jealous , June seems so far away You guys have lots of fun

I started switching Flights a few years ago to get there early,leave as late as possible it gives me so much more time

I do hope your dogs handle this trip better tell them you are going to get them a great treat but it may take awhile

Have a great time
The AP this year made it sooooo necessary to keep booking short trips back anytime I can find cheap airfare or collect enough points. The dogs should do better since it won't be 90 degrees at home which is what got the dog sick last time.
June will be here soon enough... We probably won't be back again until then after this

4 trips as a kid.2002-Westgate, 2004 -Hilton DTD, 2005 -Westgate, 2007 -Royal Sun DTD, 2008 Hilton DTD, April 2011 -Swan, Dec 2011-Dolphin/ Yacht Club , Feb 2012 -Solo@Swan , April 2012-Dolphin with our friends, june/july 2012 - Beach Club
Old 10-01-2012, 12:02 PM   #2322
kelleigh1
Disney Baby

Quote:
We should definitley meet up at SAB I will be the one with a relaxing beverage in hand
Yesterday my husband said "4 weeks from now I'll be sitting in a lounge chair with a drink in hand." I cracked up laughing because we don't really drink and odds are, if he has a drink in his hand, it'll be a Coke.

We don't have set plans for SAB. We're on the Deluxe dining, so most of our plans revolve around food! (And there's nothing wrong with that. LOL) We are doing MNSSHP on the 30th and I have plans to meet up with some other DISers on the 29th, so all of that is before you arrive. I'll check my schedule and see where we plan on being on the 31st, 1st and 2nd.

Old 10-01-2012, 12:08 PM   #2323
PittPantherfan
Mouseketeer

Buses...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimommy View Post
can anyone tell me how long it takes to get to mk from bc on the bus? I really want to stay at bc, but we are planning on spending most of our time at mk... so I think it might be a better choice to stay at a mk resort. I really dont like taking the buses... but maybe its worth it?

Thanks!
Going to MK, if I remember correctly, we were the last stop before they headed off to MK. For us it was never that long - maybe 10-15min tops to get to MK. We were lucky and did not have to wait long either before the bus came. One morning we had just missed it and the next one came in less than 10min.

Don't forget about the monorail from EPCOT - we did this more for the experience than the efficiency because my kids love,love, love the monorail. For instance the first night we ate at Garden Grill in EPCOT and hopped on the monorail to MK because they couldn't wait any longer to ride the monorail. Another day, daughter had appt at BBB at the MK. So she wanted to ride the monorail there, so we walked to EPCOT and took the monorail. You do have to get off the EPCOT monorail and get on the MK monorail.

Coming home we had a long wait one night - not sure what the snafoo was, but other than that we had not problems coming back on the bus

We spend alot of time of MK but found it not to be a problem to stay at BC.

2003 Cocoa Beach/2006 Marriott Horizons-Harbour Lake/2007 Marriott Cypress Harbour/2009 Sheraton Vistana Villages
May 2011 Beach Club CL/June 2013 Beach Club CL

SADLY NO TICKER- No return trip planned yet
Old 10-01-2012, 12:23 PM   #2324
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Yay for the 5-Day Club! (Let's make Missy an honorary member, even though she is arriving early!)

As for the bus/transportation situation, BC is my favorite resort because I think it offers the best transportation options for our family. That's because we prefer to walk to parks over any other mode of transportation and we can walk to TWO parks from BC - yay! Since Epcot is my favorite park, this is a huge benefit.

We sometimes take the route PittPantherFan describes (walk through Epcot, get a snack, have a drink, do a KimPossible/now F&F mission) on the way to MK. But we like MK in the mornings at rope drop, so we usually take the bus. I have zero complaints about the bus in the morning to MK. Sometimes we happen to walk up when a bus is waiting and sometimes not, but it's never long in the morning. Last time I timed it, it was approximately 15 minutes from BC to MK without a stop at BWI. (And we've found it usually only stops at BWI if the bus is empty or near empty.) On the way back, yes, there are a few stops before BC. But I'd rather have those stops on the way back, rather than on the way to the park. If it really bothered us, we could get off the bus at YC, but it doesn't bother us.

Another option (and one we love) is the split stay. We're in the Epcot area for most of the time and then we spend a couple nights in the MK area. We walk to Epcot / DHS when we're staying in the Epcot area and then it's an easy monorail ride to MK from an MK-area resort. Not everyone likes the split stay, but it's easy for us.
Disneyland (x many), Polynesisan (x many), Beach Club (x many), Boardwalk (x3), Yacht Club, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge (x2), Animal Kingdom Lodge, Port Orleans French Quarter, Dolphin, Coronado Springs (x3), Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans-Riverside, All Star Sports, All Star Music, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, 2013 Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and 5K

January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AKL, GF, BWI!)
April 2015: Easter Weekend at VWL!
Old 10-01-2012, 01:21 PM   #2325
janinev7
Mouseketeer

All of the discussions about getting to MK got me wondering...
Can u take the boat over to Epcot and then get on monorail to MK? Is that a possibility?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: