Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2012, 08:19 AM   #2221
kelleigh1
Disney Baby
I sleep with Pooh & Mickey
Kicked off the school bus

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Sorry, if you can see the washers, that's considered a Water view.
But only if they are running.

Oh would you look at the ticker!!

Childless doesn't mean that we're not a family. MLA RLA

Last edited by kelleigh1; 09-28-2012 at 08:31 AM.
Old 09-28-2012, 08:46 AM   #2222
bluejasmine
DIS Veteran

I have to say that we had a very very dissapointing experience at BC CL a few weeks ago!

We check in at 930am after doing online check in 10 days before. No one meets us out front, no one gets the bags until we ask and ask for valet. Our room wasnt ready which is ok altho I was shocked since we have done online check in for CL and our rooms at Poly, GF and CR CL are always ready even in the middle of JUNE!

So we get taken up to floor 5 where they check us in and they find us a room that is ready. On the way to look at the room before going to the park we notice that the hall ways look very dingy and dirty! Carpets are very worn and stained and plenty of dishes outside of the rooms ( I guess set out for housekeeping)

Get into our room which is allllllll the way in the back but Im ok with that just not use to being so far the lounge but Im willing to make the best of it until we open our door.

Room isnt very clean, furniture is very very worn and chipped!

DH asked for a balcony its his thing he will sit on it every evening returning from the park and will have his coffee there every morning. He LOVES it!

Our balcony was COVERED in cob webs and spiders! I didnt notice first but DHs face got plastered in cob webs trying to walk out onto the balcony!

We stopped at CL desk explained sitauation and went to the park. DH asked them to pls get rid of spiders and webs and the trash that was on the balcony, which they said they would and apologized many times.

We return that night at 11 pm. He goes to sit outside. ITS NEVER BEEN CLEANED and the spiders are still everywhere including webs! He calls for a manager, who argues and argues. Then asks when we are leaving? Sends housekeeping to change bedding?

Dh went to sleep very upset and insisted on leaving the moment we woke up the next morning. So dissapointed, after staying CL at Poly, GF, and CR this wasnt what we were expecting. I had hoped to make BC a new home since we love the EP area but Dh says he will never stay there again! :0(
ASMo 2003/2005, ASMu 2009,Pop 2006/2013, SSR 2008, Poly CL 2010/2011/2013, GF CL 2012, AKL 2011, CR 2011, BC CL 2012, POR 2005/2012, CBR 2011, DCL Fantasy 2012, Hilton DTD 2011(2x) Best Western DTD 2010/2012
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-28-2012, 09:14 AM   #2223
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejasmine View Post
I have to say that we had a very very dissapointing experience at BC CL a few weeks ago!

We check in at 930am after doing online check in 10 days before. No one meets us out front, no one gets the bags until we ask and ask for valet. Our room wasnt ready which is ok altho I was shocked since we have done online check in for CL and our rooms at Poly, GF and CR CL are always ready even in the middle of JUNE!

So we get taken up to floor 5 where they check us in and they find us a room that is ready. On the way to look at the room before going to the park we notice that the hall ways look very dingy and dirty! Carpets are very worn and stained and plenty of dishes outside of the rooms ( I guess set out for housekeeping)

Get into our room which is allllllll the way in the back but Im ok with that just not use to being so far the lounge but Im willing to make the best of it until we open our door.

Room isnt very clean, furniture is very very worn and chipped!

DH asked for a balcony its his thing he will sit on it every evening returning from the park and will have his coffee there every morning. He LOVES it!

Our balcony was COVERED in cob webs and spiders! I didnt notice first but DHs face got plastered in cob webs trying to walk out onto the balcony!

We stopped at CL desk explained sitauation and went to the park. DH asked them to pls get rid of spiders and webs and the trash that was on the balcony, which they said they would and apologized many times.

We return that night at 11 pm. He goes to sit outside. ITS NEVER BEEN CLEANED and the spiders are still everywhere including webs! He calls for a manager, who argues and argues. Then asks when we are leaving? Sends housekeeping to change bedding?

Dh went to sleep very upset and insisted on leaving the moment we woke up the next morning. So dissapointed, after staying CL at Poly, GF, and CR this wasnt what we were expecting. I had hoped to make BC a new home since we love the EP area but Dh says he will never stay there again! :0(
Ugh! I'm sorry to hear about that experience. That's frustrating.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 09-28-2012, 09:22 AM   #2224
Couchy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Done!

for adding a day!

Halloween is such a great day!

Thanks Dee I'm so excited

Quote:
Sorry, if you can see the washers, that's considered a Water view.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelleigh1 View Post
But only if they are running.

Oh would you look at the ticker!!
I know what you mean... We are almost there...

4 trips as a kid.2002-Westgate, 2004 -Hilton DTD, 2005 -Westgate, 2007 -Royal Sun DTD, 2008 Hilton DTD, April 2011 -Swan, Dec 2011-Dolphin/ Yacht Club , Feb 2012 -Solo@Swan , April 2012-Dolphin with our friends, june/july 2012 - Beach Club
Old 09-28-2012, 10:04 AM   #2225
HelenParr
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejasmine View Post

So sorry you had a bad time!! I really appreciate hearing other peoples' experiences at WDW. I find it helps me react better when something is not the way I expect, so thanks for sharing. We had a very active hornets' nest on out BC balcony last trip, but happily they took care of it RIGHT away. We had not even finished unpacking.

But I do find Disney resort hotel response to raised issues can be darned spotty. That is probably my number one complaint. And it seems to have no pattern or reason to it. Sometimes great and quick, often awfully slow and disorganized. We have run into some poor service responses for reported problems (you name it, slow, ignored, or multi-trip efforts for broken door, broken safe, constantly malfunctioning smoke alarm, wrong keys twice...LOL yes I love Disney so I'm going back no matter what), but managers will usually make it better, and make me happy again. But I also found that the person at the night desk who may be called "manager" may not be the manager you need to talk to, although they won't tell you this right off.

I am frustrated for you that the manager (whichever kind) argued with your husband. I only had that happen once (at BLT), at 1am, and that's when we learned there's a higher up manager, and she made it all happy again (but BLT is still off the list).
Old 09-28-2012, 10:05 AM   #2226
kelleigh1
Disney Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couchy View Post
Thanks Dee I'm so excited

I know what you mean... We are almost there...
This is our first Halloween & F&W. Can't wait! I'm looking forward to seeing what happens on Halloween. We had been hoping to do the haunted carriage ride that night after our Artist Point ADR, but they aren't doing them this year, so I have no idea what we'll be doing. Maybe that will be the night for the movie on the beach. I imagine they'll show something Halloween appropriate.

Old 09-28-2012, 10:25 AM   #2227
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenElinor View Post
Wow! I forgot to check on this thread and there were about 75 pages to go through- but I found out some handy tips & the answers to several questions.

When I read this, it was like- "Oh, can I really do that?" Of course location is one of the reasons why we're staying there, but what that actually means is not always obvious if you haven't stayed at YC/BC before!

One thing I wanted to know, is there any supersecret quick way to get to EPCOT from the YC? I saw the pic of the BC supersecret door, that's what made me wonder.
As wood nymph mentioned, YES! Here are a few photos of the YC "secret" entrance:

And the room closest to the entrance (so that I could remember where to find it from inside!)

We had a YC garden view overlooking the quiet pool in April, and I absolutely LOVED it:

Disneyland (x many), Polynesisan (x many), Beach Club (x many), Boardwalk (x3), Yacht Club, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge (x2), Animal Kingdom Lodge, Port Orleans French Quarter, Dolphin, Coronado Springs (x3), Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans-Riverside, All Star Sports, All Star Music, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, 2013 Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and 5K

January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AOA/AKL/GF/Poly)
March/April 2015: WL/CR
Old 09-28-2012, 10:28 AM   #2228
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Thanks for those photos pixarmom!!! They are wonderful. I can't wait to get into our GV room in April!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 09-28-2012, 10:30 AM   #2229
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

bluejasmine, so sorry to hear about this, but thanks for reporting. I have the same concerns about any negative experience influencing my husband's willingness to return to a resort. We've only had one negative experience at BC in our stays over the past 20 years, and BC addressed it so fully, completely and above-and-beyond that his faith was restored quickly. Maybe you'll want to try YC?
Disneyland (x many), Polynesisan (x many), Beach Club (x many), Boardwalk (x3), Yacht Club, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge (x2), Animal Kingdom Lodge, Port Orleans French Quarter, Dolphin, Coronado Springs (x3), Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans-Riverside, All Star Sports, All Star Music, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, 2013 Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and 5K

January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AOA/AKL/GF/Poly)
March/April 2015: WL/CR
Old 09-28-2012, 10:30 AM   #2230
kelleigh1
Disney Baby

Yes - thank you for posting pixarmom! 4 weeks from tomorrow we're checking into YC for the first time! Can't wait.

Old 09-28-2012, 01:47 PM   #2231
Ninja Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post
I understand there are some benefits to a laundry room view.
I used to bring a roll of quarters with me, I usually need to do a wash or two. Last time, though, the TSA guy had a cow over my roll of quarters.
I explained twice what it was, and then he cautiously dug down in my purse and pulled out...a roll of quarters.
Ahh.. the rolls of quarters. My guys each get 1 roll for use as they please in the arcades, penny press machines or even the gift shops. I also bring a roll for the laundry. You should see the "dog eyes" I get when I still have the roll of quarters for laundry and theirs are GONE! Much begging has ensued as they plead the case that laundry doesn't have to be done but that arcade game simply MUST be played.

~NM
Old 09-28-2012, 02:14 PM   #2232
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Can anyone tell me about the views for a standard room YC CL??

We are currently booked in a regular GV room, but still considering upgrading to CL, but on the Disney website, only standard view CL rooms are showing. I really don't want to give up a GV for a roof or parking lot view...

Thoughts???

PAST TRIPS:
Old 09-28-2012, 02:22 PM   #2233
jeanf11
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelleigh1 View Post
We spent our anniversary last year up in Ogunquit at the Gazebo Inn. It's a bed & breakfast. Beautiful place. Room was fantastic! We stayed in the Barn. Doesn't sound romantic, but it really is gorgeous. And the owners were wonderful. And breakfast...so good! We can't wait to go back.

http://www.gazeboinnogt.com/
love the gazebo inn. we stayed in the barn suite.
Old 09-28-2012, 02:23 PM   #2234
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Can anyone tell me about the views for a standard room YC CL??

We are currently booked in a regular GV room, but still considering upgrading to CL, but on the Disney website, only standard view CL rooms are showing. I really don't want to give up a GV for a roof or parking lot view...

Thoughts???

Hi Mousemommy
, They are roof views, parking views as far as I know. Last time we stayed Standard CL Yacht Club we got one of the three? (I think it was three) rooms over porte-cochθre facing the parking lot in the front. That sounds bad, but the room was great. We loved the beautiful, very large balcony.

TY Kook
Trip planning is half the fun! Ad astra per aspera ~Ginny~
Old 09-28-2012, 02:31 PM   #2235
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post

Hi Mousemommy
, They are roof views, parking views as far as I know. Last time we stayed Standard CL Yacht Club we got one of the three? (I think it was three) rooms over porte-cochθre facing the parking lot in the front. That sounds bad, but the room was great. We loved the beautiful, very large balcony.
Hi Ginny!!!

Thanks. Would you give up a GV room to upgrade? It seems like the GV rooms are very hard to come by!

PAST TRIPS:
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: