Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2012, 10:49 AM   #2176
Couchy
DIS Veteran

35 days until I don't even have time to stress and overplan because things this time of year are sooo busy for me. I can only catch up on the thread during lunch eating at my desk or on the bus to away games ( soccer coach) My DH even mentioned that I must be going through DIS withdrawl because by the time I get home at night it is 8 pm and I have time to eat dinner, pack lunch, grade papers, sleep and start again when the alarm goes off at 5:45 I don't mind being this busy other than being really tired at the end of the night. I dont have time to be slowly counting down the days because the days go by sooo fast

So excited for my first F&W

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelleigh1 View Post
Me too, since my trip is right after yours. I can't wait to read some of the upcoming reports. This will be our first YC trip (and possibly only because we're usually on a tight budget), so I'm nervously excited. I see the negative comments and it makes me nervous, but I always try to look toward the positive and figure that we'll be at WDW, so how bad can it be?
You will love it It is such a wonderful resort with so much to do and see right around crescent lake Don't worry about negative comments. Go in knowing there is some renovating going on but that is to make it even better Nothing in life is perfect. Don't worry about little imperfect issues because it will take away all the wonderful things happening around you You will have such a great time. I am cointing down the days with you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalabubbles View Post
My husband has been getting our drinks while at SAB and he said the only place to get drinks is at Beaches & Cream counter service, no refills in the arcade. He also got me a breakfast sandwich from the Marketplace yesterday. It was a bacon, egg & cheese with a side of cheesy potatoes, which I loved!!!! My husband was sad because I didn't share any, lol!
DH is thrilled to know that he can get a breakfast sandwhich

4 trips as a kid.2002-Westgate, 2004 -Hilton DTD, 2005 -Westgate, 2007 -Royal Sun DTD, 2008 Hilton DTD, April 2011 -Swan, Dec 2011-Dolphin/ Yacht Club , Feb 2012 -Solo@Swan , April 2012-Dolphin with our friends, june/july 2012 - Beach Club
Old 09-26-2012, 10:52 AM   #2177
Couchy
DIS Veteran

Dee- I almost forgot can you adjust my dates slightly... We added 10/31 on an AP discount so we are set for 10/31-11/4

4 trips as a kid.2002-Westgate, 2004 -Hilton DTD, 2005 -Westgate, 2007 -Royal Sun DTD, 2008 Hilton DTD, April 2011 -Swan, Dec 2011-Dolphin/ Yacht Club , Feb 2012 -Solo@Swan , April 2012-Dolphin with our friends, june/july 2012 - Beach Club
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-26-2012, 11:47 AM   #2178
skepace
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelleigh1 View Post
Me too, since my trip is right after yours. I can't wait to read some of the upcoming reports. This will be our first YC trip (and possibly only because we're usually on a tight budget), so I'm nervously excited. I see the negative comments and it makes me nervous, but I always try to look toward the positive and figure that we'll be at WDW, so how bad can it be?
Same here! It's WDW! Can't wait!!!

Anyone have anything negative to say about the Photopass? We are not getting the Photopass+ since we don't have any ADR's that apply to it. Just checking before I do the pre-order.

http://shawnpace.myoilproducts.com
Old 09-26-2012, 11:51 AM   #2179
janinev7
Mouseketeer

Has anyone done pick a pearl? Do they still have it at the y&b club? I got my daughter a cinderallas coach necklace to put the pearl in! It will be a surprise for her...can't wait!
Old 09-26-2012, 12:04 PM   #2180
PittPantherfan
Mouseketeer

Pick a Pearl EPCOT

Quote:
Originally Posted by janinev7 View Post
Has anyone done pick a pearl? Do they still have it at the y&b club? I got my daughter a cinderallas coach necklace to put the pearl in! It will be a surprise for her...can't wait!
We did pick a pearl at EPCOT last year. We picked the EPCOT location based on the advice at the time and that was that the ceremony that the CM does in Japan is better than what happens at BC. My daughter and I both did it. She loved it and we ended up with matching necklaces. I did buy the coach pendants online before we went. I don't know if mine is the same as yours but I wear mine alot and it has held up well. I get alot of compliments on it. It was one of the best priced experiences at Disney, in my opinion.

2003 Cocoa Beach/2006 Marriott Horizons-Harbour Lake/2007 Marriott Cypress Harbour/2009 Sheraton Vistana Villages
May 2011 Beach Club CL/June 2013 Beach Club CL

SADLY NO TICKER- No return trip planned yet
Old 09-26-2012, 12:10 PM   #2181
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie View Post
Thank you for the info! DH has been so excited about trying out the BC this trip that I want it to be great for him. One of the recent reports really concerned me as they recommended to not staying during these renovations.

I'll be keeping my eyes pealed for the early Oct reports - thank you!!!!
Hello Minnie! It will be OK! The great thing is that you're here on the thread and you will know what to expect. I find that if I know what to expect - and especially when I see it through photos - I can really enjoy my trip.

But I'll warn you, I'm a "glass-half-full" kind of reporter, so my early October report is likely to be relatively positive (some may even call it biased!) I've been to BC during many improvement periods - slide down, most of SAB down, etc. We always have a great time, and hey, it's "for our future enjoyment!" I do like Hurricane Hanna's (especially the refill mug station) and the solarium, so it's not like I won't miss those spots, but there's so much else there to enjoy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocalla View Post
Thanks Dee!!

Can't wait to see Pixarmom's newest pics!!!
All photos from the Disney Wonder last month are downloaded/backed up and my camera is clear and ready for BC! Just 10 days!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCV23 View Post
Was your sandwich served on a croissant? I hope so. I'll miss those sandwiches if they are no longer served.
Me too!
Disneyland (x many), Polynesisan (x many), Beach Club (x many), Boardwalk (x3), Yacht Club, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge (x2), Animal Kingdom Lodge, Port Orleans French Quarter, Dolphin, Coronado Springs (x3), Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans-Riverside, All Star Sports, All Star Music, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, 2013 Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and 5K

January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AKL/GF/Poly)
April 2015: WL and AOA!
Old 09-26-2012, 12:14 PM   #2182
ocalla
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixarmom View Post
Hello Minnie!

All photos from the Disney Wonder last month are downloaded/backed up and my camera is clear and ready for BC! Just 10 days!!!!

wish I could convince my family to try cruising ----- just once to see if we enjoy it. they haven't given in yet (and I do mean YET)!!
90-Honeymoon Offsite 92-offsite 93-CBR 96 - CBR 97-DXL 2000-ASMo 2000-CBR 2001-Courtyard/DD 2004-Grosvenor 07/10-YC 05/11-BC - CL 05/12 BC 06/13 CSR 07/13 - BC/Poly split 02/14-WL 08/14 - POR/Universal 11/14 - AoA 12/14 - Disney Soccer Showcase
Me DH DD22 DD17 Maud Marie:cat
Old 09-26-2012, 12:16 PM   #2183
ocalla
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by janinev7 View Post
My DD's did it in Japan in 2011.......they LOVED it. forgot to do it this past year, but plan on returning in 2013 to try it again. They both made necklaces out of them, and wear it all the time.
90-Honeymoon Offsite 92-offsite 93-CBR 96 - CBR 97-DXL 2000-ASMo 2000-CBR 2001-Courtyard/DD 2004-Grosvenor 07/10-YC 05/11-BC - CL 05/12 BC 06/13 CSR 07/13 - BC/Poly split 02/14-WL 08/14 - POR/Universal 11/14 - AoA 12/14 - Disney Soccer Showcase
Me DH DD22 DD17 Maud Marie:cat
Old 09-26-2012, 12:19 PM   #2184
KJay
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCV23 View Post
Was your sandwich served on a croissant? I hope so. I'll miss those sandwiches if they are no longer served.
During my visit the last week of August, I sadly discovered that the new breakfast sandwich was served on white bread (and pressed in a panini press)- no croissants, at least not during my visit. I do hope they've changed that by the time you go- it makes a big difference! Good luck. The breakfast platter was really good, but not as portable as the croissant...
Old 09-26-2012, 12:25 PM   #2185
BCV23

Loves the magic of the trains
Would enjoy a magical meal at the castle
Loves the name Hatuey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocalla View Post
wish I could convince my family to try cruising ----- just once to see if we enjoy it. they haven't given in yet (and I do mean YET)!!
MY DH and I resisted cruising for many years until DS1 and his wife convinced it to give it a try. Absolutely love it especially the days at sea. Good luck convincing your family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJay View Post
During my visit the last week of August, I sadly discovered that the new breakfast sandwich was served on white bread (and pressed in a panini press)- no croissants, at least not during my visit. I do hope they've changed that by the time you go- it makes a big difference! Good luck. The breakfast platter was really good, but not as portable as the croissant...
Oh, shoot. Thanks for the info. Did you try the sandwich? I suppose it might be healthier than on a croissant but we always split those to try to minimize the damage.

Couchy, I'm exhausted reading your current schedule. At least the time will fly!
Old 09-26-2012, 12:30 PM   #2186
KJay
DIS Veteran

30th anniversary merch

Do any of you YC/BC experts know if special anniversary stuff is usually available online, or is it limited to the parks? I saw a picture last month on the Disney Parks blog of a 30th anniversary Epcot hat that I just HAVE to have! I had hoped the anniversray stuff would have been out in the stores during my trip last month, but a CM told me they wouldn't have the anniversary stuff until Oct 1. (I may have to beg one of you nice YC/BC people lucky enough to be there for the anniversary to pick one up for me!)
Old 09-26-2012, 02:53 PM   #2187
janinev7
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PittPantherfan View Post
We did pick a pearl at EPCOT last year. We picked the EPCOT location based on the advice at the time and that was that the ceremony that the CM does in Japan is better than what happens at BC. My daughter and I both did it. She loved it and we ended up with matching necklaces. I did buy the coach pendants online before we went. I don't know if mine is the same as yours but I wear mine alot and it has held up well. I get alot of compliments on it. It was one of the best priced experiences at Disney, in my opinion.
Thanks! I'm looking forward to it. I've read the same about doing it in Epcot so we will probably go there as well.
Old 09-26-2012, 03:14 PM   #2188
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

It's been a week since we checked in at the BC... and 3 days since we got home. I miss my beloved BC. Now, I'm going to go turn on my tart warmer with the lobby scent and cry softly to myself.
Old 09-26-2012, 04:28 PM   #2189
goofy78
…sea monkey has my money… …yes, I'm a natural blue…

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixarmom View Post
Welcome back to those returning and welcome to those joining the Be Our Guest list!!!

VaFamily, funny you should mention this, because our boys always note that the slide hurts their backs. They still say it's the best resort pool and slide on property so far (see list of resorts in my signature!) I'll let them know that's a reason reported for the closure and see if they can tell the difference (in just 12 days!)
Please let us know if your boys see a difference. Next year will be our first stay at BC and I would hope to not to feel pain when going down the slide!
Old 09-26-2012, 04:47 PM   #2190
Lalabubbles
Mouseketeer

The breakfast sandwich was served on bread. I talked to Rocky today while at SAB and she said the kids lunches are not being served in the lunch pails during HH renovations. She seemed very excited about the changed they are making to HH :-)

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: