Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2012, 01:46 PM   #2161
goodferry
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess-ish
Can someone give me the low down on SAB? This will be a resort focused trip for 3 adults (Sept '13) and I'm a bit hesitant to book the Beach Club! I'm planning at least two days poolside and am a tad nervous!

Any recommendations on where to sit? I can see seating by the slide, shallow pool, and Hurricane Hannah's. Anywhere else that may be less "crowded" or more adult friendly? Would love to tuck [our northern chubby folk bodies] away from the hustle and bustle.

Some of the posts have mentioned "drink runners"... am I to assume this is for adult beverages (as well?) If so... how does that work?

Can I bring my own noodles? Because... you know... nothing goes better with poolside booze than foam noodles... safety third!

Bottom line... we'd really like to relax and enjoy ourselves... and I question if SAB can deliver?! It's my dream resort though... and I just can't stomach the GF price tag!
Have you done a price comparison? My numbers are much lower for BC than GF, and there's lots of construction there. September is a great time for an adults trip, not as many kids.

You are welcome to bring your own noodles, we prefer them for the lazy river.
Old 09-25-2012, 03:17 PM   #2162
monica23535
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by clc053103

As of now with HH's closure, the only place near the pool for mug refills is Beaches and Cream takeout side. They don't have all the flavors, but it's better than nothing. They serve a very sticky sweet pink lemonade, not the light lemonade. The next closest location would be the Marketplace, but that's a far walk.
Thank you for answering! I thought it was Beaches & Cream but wanted to check. I cannot for the life of me remember how easy it is to get from the pool to B&C, I know that it's right at the back but last time I stayed here, I entered from the BC lobby area past Cape May, is there a quicker entrance to B&C that's closer to SAB?
Polynesian CL, DCL Dream & Beach Club Oct 2012

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-25-2012, 03:18 PM   #2163
monica23535
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

I thought in addition to the Beaches & Cream take out window, there was a refill station in the arcade, with the grab & go stuff.

Could someone who is there now check that out and report back?

Thanks!
Thank you Dee!

It would be great if there is a refill station in the arcade too.

It's our second time staying here and we are super excited!
Polynesian CL, DCL Dream & Beach Club Oct 2012

Old 09-25-2012, 04:57 PM   #2164
DisneyMomx7
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess-ish View Post
Can someone give me the low down on SAB? This will be a resort focused trip for 3 adults (Sept '13) and I'm a bit hesitant to book the Beach Club! I'm planning at least two days poolside and am a tad nervous!

Any recommendations on where to sit? I can see seating by the slide, shallow pool, and Hurricane Hannah's. Anywhere else that may be less "crowded" or more adult friendly? Would love to tuck [our northern chubby folk bodies] away from the hustle and bustle.

Some of the posts have mentioned "drink runners"... am I to assume this is for adult beverages (as well?) If so... how does that work?

Can I bring my own noodles? Because... you know... nothing goes better with poolside booze than foam noodles... safety third!

Bottom line... we'd really like to relax and enjoy ourselves... and I question if SAB can deliver?! It's my dream resort though... and I just can't stomach the GF price tag!
There are chaise lounges on the deck on top of the poolside gifts. We usually go up there when it's too crowded around SAB. HTH.

GF-2003,2004,2005,2006,2008,2009,2011,2013,2014
YC-2006,2007,2008,2014 POLY- 2006,2007,2008
BC-2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013
HRH-2004,2006, RPR-2012, 2014
Old 09-25-2012, 06:01 PM   #2165
KJay
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by summersalt View Post
It appears that the noodle family has already been adopted during my upcoming visit. Since the poolside gift shop has been turned into a pool side bar, are they still selling noodles? I desperately need a noodle cause I'm afraid of the deep water in the lazy river.

Noodles are for sale in the Marketplace- about $5 each...
Old 09-25-2012, 08:58 PM   #2166
JanetMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMomx7 View Post
There are chaise lounges on the deck on top of the poolside gifts. We usually go up there when it's too crowded around SAB. HTH.
We loved sitting up there on our trip!

Trip Report - Dining with Disers 2014
Trip Report - March Break 2012 at the YC http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post44422655
Trip Report - March Break 2010 at CR – with stops at Poly, GF, WL, BW, BC, YC, MK, Epcot, HS, DD, and TL http://www.disboards.com/showthread....4#post35923604
Trip Report - Solo trip - A brief stay at CSR with a stop at AKL (with pics!) http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post36750372

FW - 1972 (I think, I was little then!); WL - 2004; WL CL - 2007; CR CL - 2010; CSR - 2010; YC CL - 2012; BC - 2014
Old 09-26-2012, 12:11 AM   #2167
Minnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Not sure we have heard firm dates, yet. IIRC, the gymnarium/solnasium will be around until mid Nov. and HH is scheduled to open sometime in December, but this is nothing official.

To the best of my knowledge, no disruption to the pool has been reported (other than the recent emergency slide repair, unrelated to the refurb work)

We have a couple of folks from this thread staying at the resort in early October and I expect we will get lots of pictures and reports about the situation there when they get back.
Thank you for the info! DH has been so excited about trying out the BC this trip that I want it to be great for him. One of the recent reports really concerned me as they recommended to not staying during these renovations.

I'll be keeping my eyes pealed for the early Oct reports - thank you!!!!
Old 09-26-2012, 06:29 AM   #2168
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess-ish View Post

to the thread! Loved your post.

I hope you are able to get the info you are looking for either by looking over the first page of this thread, or asking the knowledgable folks here any questions you have.

And I agree with Disneymomx7 and Janetmom- that spot above Poolside Gifts/Poolside Drinks is my super secret seating solution. OOPS! Guess it isn't so secret....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocalla View Post
hey everyone!!!

Did I read somewhere that the BC Marketplace menu has changed? I may have dreamed that................anything is possible for me lately!!!

Hope everyone has been doing OK?
We did hear that the breakfast croissant sandwich at the Marketplace was replaced by a breakfast platter. I'm not sure if there are other menu changes, to the meal entrees.

pixarmom is going to be busy on her upcoming trip documenting the happenings at the resort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monica23535 View Post
Thank you Dee!

It would be great if there is a refill station in the arcade too.

It's our second time staying here and we are super excited!
Definitely getting mixed reports on this! Right after the HH closure, a guest reported that there was a refill station, but someone there this weekend said it wasn't there.

We are all relying on the info provided by recent guests, and the good news is we have a very active thread here with lots of info shared so stay tuned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie View Post
Thank you for the info! DH has been so excited about trying out the BC this trip that I want it to be great for him. One of the recent reports really concerned me as they recommended to not staying during these renovations.

As mentioned above, keep checking back. We will post reports and pictures as soon as we get them.
Old 09-26-2012, 06:49 AM   #2169
Princess-ish
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post
We've have gone over to the pool at the BCV when SAB got too crowded. We would almost have the pool to ourselves sometimes. Otherwise, if you want to stay poolside at SAB, the side of the pool closest to the YC is good if you want to be close to the lazy river and hot tub. The side of the pool closest to the BC is best if you want to be near the deeper water for swimming or for using the slide. Some of the poolside areas are in the shade, which I always like.

You can also sit in the beach chairs on the shores of the lake. That is always quiet.
Thanks for the run down! It's really hard to get a good idea of the pool deck through satellite images... so I was completely stumped! I definitley like the idea of some shade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodferry
Have you done a price comparison? My numbers are much lower for BC than GF, and there's lots of construction there. September is a great time for an adults trip, not as many kids.

You are welcome to bring your own noodles, we prefer them for the lazy river.
Sorry... I should have phrased that last sentence better! The Beach Club is my dream resort... and having already stayed at the GF, I'm a bit more familiar with their pool areas and what to expect. Again, I just can't justify the GF's price tag!

Thanks for the noodle info! I'll be sure to pack them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneymomx7, Janetmom, natbenma
There are chaise lounges on the deck on top of the poolside gifts. We usually go up there when it's too crowded around SAB. HTH...

We loved sitting up there on our trip!...

And I agree with Disneymomx7 and Janetmom- that spot above Poolside Gifts/Poolside Drinks is my super secret seating solution. OOPS! Guess it isn't so secret...
Thanks for the insider tips... exactly what I was looking for!
Old 09-26-2012, 06:56 AM   #2170
ocalla
DIS Veteran

Thanks Dee!!

Can't wait to see Pixarmom's newest pics!!!
90-Honeymoon Offsite 92-offsite 93-CBR 96 - CBR 97-DXL 2000-ASMo 2000-CBR 2001-Courtyard/DD 2004-Grosvenor 07/10-YC 05/11-BC - CL 05/12 BC 06/13 CSR 07/13 - BC/Poly split 02/14-WL 08/14 - POR/Universal 11/14 - AoA 12/14 - Disney Soccer Showcase
Me DH DD22 DD17 Maud Marie:cat
Old 09-26-2012, 07:00 AM   #2171
cindydare
Mouseketeer

I'll try to check on the refill station at the arcade today....we didn't go to SAB yesterday....long day at MK.

WiFi has been slow except early am, so I'll post more when we get home. Today is our last full, full day. We'll have a long day tomorrow with a 7:15 pm flight.

We have breakfast this am at Captains Grille. Kids want Mickey waffles!

It truly is a small world...met someone from our town as we were getting on the elevator on club level yesterday am. She was getting off and was wearing a Pittsburgh penguins tshirt. I commented on her shirt and she asked if we were from Pittsburgh. I told her close by in WV....and she said I'm from there too.

Dee--sent you a pm.

Cindy
Old 09-26-2012, 08:18 AM   #2172
kelleigh1
Disney Baby
I sleep with Pooh & Mickey
Kicked off the school bus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie View Post

Me too, since my trip is right after yours. I can't wait to read some of the upcoming reports. This will be our first YC trip (and possibly only because we're usually on a tight budget), so I'm nervously excited. I see the negative comments and it makes me nervous, but I always try to look toward the positive and figure that we'll be at WDW, so how bad can it be?

Childless doesn't mean that we're not a family. MLA RLA

Old 09-26-2012, 08:41 AM   #2173
Lalabubbles
Mouseketeer

My husband has been getting our drinks while at SAB and he said the only place to get drinks is at Beaches & Cream counter service, no refills in the arcade. He also got me a breakfast sandwich from the Marketplace yesterday. It was a bacon, egg & cheese with a side of cheesy potatoes, which I loved!!!! My husband was sad because I didn't share any, lol!

Old 09-26-2012, 10:22 AM   #2174
BCV23

Loves the magic of the trains
Would enjoy a magical meal at the castle
Loves the name Hatuey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalabubbles View Post
My husband has been getting our drinks while at SAB and he said the only place to get drinks is at Beaches & Cream counter service, no refills in the arcade. He also got me a breakfast sandwich from the Marketplace yesterday. It was a bacon, egg & cheese with a side of cheesy potatoes, which I loved!!!! My husband was sad because I didn't share any, lol!
Was your sandwich served on a croissant? I hope so. I'll miss those sandwiches if they are no longer served.
Old 09-26-2012, 10:51 AM   #2175
Hopefully
DIS Veteran

I did On Line Checkin this morning for our October 6th arrival at the BCV's. I am so excited!!!!!
Now I need to figure out how to get through each day while waiting for our trip to arrive.
Missyrose, if you read this, I sent you a PM last week about the Noodle Swap as well.
Thanks

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: