Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2012, 05:04 PM   #2071
natebenma
DIS Veteran

To the current caretaker of Flat Ben...

ACK!!! I just saw the PM that you sent me a few days ago! I sent you a PM with my regular email and text number but you can also reach me at beachclubdee@yahoo.com

Sorry about that!

Hope you have a great trip!
Old 09-21-2012, 05:06 PM   #2072
BCV23

Loves the magic of the trains
Would enjoy a magical meal at the castle
Loves the name Hatuey!

babyberger, I enjoyed your review. Sounds like a great short stay. Lucky you to live so close!

Teena, hope you have a marvelous cruise. We arrived home this week from a 5 night cruise on the Magic. Fantastic trip and I do love the size of the Wonder and Magic. Still I do hope to try the Fantasy or Dream one of these days.
Register to remove

Old 09-21-2012, 05:21 PM   #2073
DisneyMomx7
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCV23 View Post
babyberger, I enjoyed your review. Sounds like a great short stay. Lucky you to live so close!

Teena, hope you have a marvelous cruise. We arrived home this week from a 5 night cruise on the Magic. Fantastic trip and I do love the size of the Wonder and Magic. Still I do hope to try the Fantasy or Dream one of these days.
Hope you had a magical cruise!!!!

Teena -have a fantastic time!

GF-2003,2004,2005,2006,2008,2009,2011,2013,2014
YC-2006,2007,2008,2014 POLY- 2006,2007,2008
BC-2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013
HRH-2004,2006, RPR-2012, 2014
Old 09-21-2012, 05:41 PM   #2074
Katesdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
Happy to answer any questions
I am really happy to read your report. It looks like you had the same room we had our first trip to the YC which made us true believers in the "dark side". That gazebo view is great and the lagoon view is just an added benefit. Too bad you didn't gat a wedding to watch. Bet your son would have enjoyed it. Many happy returns.
Old 09-21-2012, 08:08 PM   #2075
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Melissa, thanks so much for the report! Our boys said it was hard to leave the Wonder last month, but just a little bit easier knowing we'll be back at WDW in October. It's great to be able to keep away the tears with reminders of the next trip!

Missyrose, I remember that we are arriving on your BC departure day - have a great trip!

Teena, have a WONDERFUL time! Funny that it was just two years ago that you were encouraging us to try a Disney cruise and now we've been on two! Honestly, having been on both the Dream and the Wonder, I think I'll always be a "Wonder girl." I just love love love that ship, the CMs, and our beautiful room. But we had a great time on the Dream too and I bet you'll have a great trip on the Fantasy!
Disneyland (x many), Polynesisan (x many), Beach Club (x many), Boardwalk (x3), Yacht Club, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge (x2), Animal Kingdom Lodge, Port Orleans French Quarter, Dolphin, Coronado Springs (x3), Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans-Riverside, All Star Sports, All Star Music, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, 2013 Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and 5K

January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AOA/AKL/GF/Poly)
March/April 2015: WL/CR
Old 09-21-2012, 08:13 PM   #2076
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Thanks for all the good wishes. I'll send pics to Dee when we get to the Port tomorrow and then again next Saturday AM when we arrive back on US soil. No international charges for me!!
Old 09-22-2012, 06:29 AM   #2077
cindydare
Mouseketeer

We are here! Arrived yesterday morning. Room wasn't ready so we went to AK for awhile, came back about 2:15, room still not ready..no water due to valve issue. Family was tired and cranky so we hung out in the lounge until it was ready. DH and DS4 both had naps which helped some.

Captains Grille for dinner, which was excellent. Our waiter was Alfredo and he was fantastic.

Have probably seen at least 4 families from our flight staying here at BC including lady who sat in front of DH who is also staying CL.

Heading to EP today....DS4 wanted to go last night but it was pouring. Soarin up first for him!
Old 09-22-2012, 07:06 AM   #2078
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindydare View Post
We are here! Arrived yesterday morning. Room wasn't ready so we went to AK for awhile, came back about 2:15, room still not ready..no water due to valve issue. Family was tired and cranky so we hung out in the lounge until it was ready. DH and DS4 both had naps which helped some.

Captains Grille for dinner, which was excellent. Our waiter was Alfredo and he was fantastic.

Have probably seen at least 4 families from our flight staying here at BC including lady who sat in front of DH who is also staying CL.

Heading to EP today....DS4 wanted to go last night but it was pouring. Soarin up first for him!
Thanks for the update! Did you see my PM or email address posted above?

I AM SO SORRY!!!
Old 09-22-2012, 07:09 AM   #2079
BCV23

Loves the magic of the trains
Would enjoy a magical meal at the castle
Loves the name Hatuey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMomx7 View Post
Hope you had a magical cruise!!!!

Teena -have a fantastic time!
Thanks, Robyn. We did. Great service and really good food. Smooth seas and just a lovely time. Missed our DS1, his wife and our DD. It was a very relaxing trip. It was the first time to NYC for DS2 and me so that was fun, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenaS View Post
Thanks for all the good wishes. I'll send pics to Dee when we get to the Port tomorrow and then again next Saturday AM when we arrive back on US soil. No international charges for me!!
I hear you about the international charges. Are you doing the Eastern? My other two cruises were both that itinerary. Love it because of the 3 sea days. Wish I was going!

Quote:

Small world indeed. Glad you're off to a great start other than water issues. Have fun in Epcot today.
Old 09-22-2012, 07:31 AM   #2080
cindydare
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma

Thanks for the update! Did you see my PM or email address posted above?

I AM SO SORRY!!!
Yes I got your PM! Forgot to include that.
Old 09-22-2012, 08:10 AM   #2081
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkgirl View Post
Sounds like you had an amazing few days. You ended up in one of the rooms that we watched the reflection of Illuminations on the windows lol.

Love those bunnies out by the Gazebo, we usually saw 4 on a night. On our wedding day, we were trying to step around the bunny poo when we were cutting the cake and have the champagne toast!
That is too funny about the bunny poo One afternoon we saw 7 bunnies out there so I can only imagine what they leave behind

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCV23 View Post
Sometimes I wish we didnt live so close so that we would take a "real" vacation to Disney, but I will take the long weekend trips for sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katesdad View Post
I am really happy to read your report. It looks like you had the same room we had our first trip to the YC which made us true believers in the "dark side". That gazebo view is great and the lagoon view is just an added benefit. Too bad you didn't gat a wedding to watch. Bet your son would have enjoyed it. Many happy returns.
The location and view was really perfect! DH has no interest in BC so it looks like we will be sticking with the "dark side" seems to fit us better

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixarmom View Post
Melissa, thanks so much for the report! Our boys said it was hard to leave the Wonder last month, but just a little bit easier knowing we'll be back at WDW in October. It's great to be able to keep away the tears with reminders of the next trip!
They did quickly get over it once we got home and right back into the swing of reality, but I do think having another trip (well trips) planned definitely helps to ease the pain

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenaS View Post
Have a fabulous time! Cant wait to see your pictures!

Quote:

Have a great time today!!! Soarin is always our first stop as well

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 09-22-2012, 08:25 AM   #2082
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

So it's been a week since our stay at the BC. And although I truly loved the resort and our room, with 2 kids, I think we'll stick to the monorail resorts. Maybe try CR next time or depending on the refurb schedule at Poly....they're certainly not as chatty though over on those forums... :-)
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Old 09-22-2012, 09:25 AM   #2083
DrMomof3
DIS Veteran

Less than a week before I arrive at BCV!!!! I'm so excited! I've been more focused on the race (Tower of Terror 10 miler) than my stay at BC so I haven't been here as much as I should.

Question: The race starts at 10pm so I think I need to have a good, late breakfast on race day. Cape May has no availability. I was thinking about the brunch at Fresh Mediterranean Market at the Dolphin (we had a lovely brunch there in June before our cruise) but I was wondering if anyone had any other suggestions. I want an easy today so I prefer something within walking distance of BC. I have an AP and TIW card so I can go in a park or in a Boardwalk-area resort.

Thanks!
Amanda

PS Have a great cruise Teena and I'll see you next weekend!!!
Poly 01/2008; SSR 05/2009; CR 12/2009; YC 04/2010; BCV 08/2010; Poly CL 01/2011; BLT 08/2011; Swan 10/2011; GF CL 01/2012; Vero Beach 04/2012; Cabins 06/2012; WBC 08/2012; BCV 09/2012; Poly 1/2013; HGV 02/2013; WL, Kidani, SSR, Boardwalk in 2013; BLT 2014

Half-marathon PTR BCV Trip Report Half Marathon Trip Report Aug 2011 PTR
Aug 2011 TR
Multi-Trip 2012 PTR Running and Europe, 2014-15
Disney Dream
August 2013 PTR Aug 2013 TR
Old 09-22-2012, 09:43 AM   #2084
DannysMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMomof3
I was wondering if anyone had any other suggestions. I want an easy today so I prefer something within walking distance of BC. I have an AP and TIW card so I can go in a park or in a Boardwalk-area resort.

Thanks!
Amanda

I have never been, but have heard good things about breakfast at Kouzzina over at BW, if you are interested in a sit down breakfast. Captain's Grill over at YC has a nice breakfast too.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards App, please excuse any typos.
Old 09-22-2012, 09:56 AM   #2085
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMomof3
Less than a week before I arrive at BCV!!!! I'm so excited! I've been more focused on the race (Tower of Terror 10 miler) than my stay at BC so I haven't been here as much as I should.

Question: The race starts at 10pm so I think I need to have a good, late breakfast on race day. Cape May has no availability. I was thinking about the brunch at Fresh Mediterranean Market at the Dolphin (we had a lovely brunch there in June before our cruise) but I was wondering if anyone had any other suggestions. I want an easy today so I prefer something within walking distance of BC. I have an AP and TIW card so I can go in a park or in a Boardwalk-area resort.

Thanks!
Amanda

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannysMom

I have never been, but have heard good things about breakfast at Kouzzina over at BW, if you are interested in a sit down breakfast. Captain's Grill over at YC has a nice breakfast too.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards App, please excuse any typos.
We had breakfast had Captains Grille and it was excellent! They have a buffet as well as an a la carte menu. Can't get much closer to the BC

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: