Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2012, 08:23 AM   #2056
Katesdad
DIS Veteran

TeenaS

If it's not too late to say, have a great trip on the big ship. Hope you find it as relaxing as the smaller ships. It will be interesting to compare the CC day with the bigger group of people than what you are use to from the smaller crowds.
Old 09-21-2012, 08:41 AM   #2057
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katesdad View Post
If it's not too late to say, have a great trip on the big ship. Hope you find it as relaxing as the smaller ships. It will be interesting to compare the CC day with the bigger group of people than what you are use to from the smaller crowds.
I know. I just talked to a guest last weekend that was not happy on the Fantasy. They must preferred the two smaller ships. We'll just have to judge ourselves. But I can honestly say I'm hoping either the
Wonder or Magic comes back to Port Canaveral!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-21-2012, 08:45 AM   #2058
outahere

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenaS View Post
I know. I just talked to a guest last weekend that was not happy on the Fantasy. They must preferred the two smaller ships. We'll just have to judge ourselves. But I can honestly say I'm hoping either the
My vote is for the Magic!!

Have a GREAT cruise Teena.

Disney Magic - April, 2004 / EB Panama Canal crossing - August, 2005 / Thanksgiving, 2006 / April, 2009 / February, 2011 / March, 2014
Disney Wonder - September, 2002 / April, 2007 / April, 2008 / Thanksgiving, 2009 / April, 2010
Disney Dream - April, 2011 / August, 2012 / February, 2014
Polynesian CL - August, 2004 / April, 2010 / August, 2010 / October, 2013
Yacht Club CL - August, 2011 / April, 2012 / August, 2012 / August, 2013 / April, 2014 / June, 2014
Grand Floridian Sugar Loaf CL - February, 2013
Wilderness Lodge CL - December, 2013
OKW - February, 2012 / June, 2013
VWL - August, 2006
WDW - offsite, more times than I can count since 1978
S/S Norway - 1984, 1985, 1991
Norwegian Pearl - Alaska - August, 2007
Old 09-21-2012, 08:47 AM   #2059
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Finally, my thoughts on last weekend’s stay at YC! We had taken about a year and half of from WDW (and got AP’s to that “other park”) and were finally returning Since we had opted to not take a big vacation this year I decided that our Disney stays would occur at deluxe resorts, no more value or moderates. My kids love the beach and pools, so naturally I had to book BC or YC. I honestly left the choice up to DS as he is on the Autism spectrum has a lot of visual sensory issues. So after studying the pictures posted right here in this very thread he chose YC. I think it was a good choice as it does seem to be a bit quieter and less hectic than BC. Because we were only staying for 2 nights and going to be returning several times over the next six months I booked a GV room and didn’t really consider CL or paying the premium for water/lagoon view. I did however request a wedding gazebo view, thanks to all of you!

So after much anticipation of returning the world we finally departed our home just before 6am on the 15th. We arrived about 9am to the YC, once again going with the advice that I have received on the boards, I did not do online check in. Of course I got the CM that was in training but she was sweet and the CM training her was super nice. So as the trainee is getting some paperwork for me, the CM says let me play on the computer a minute with a smurk Now we did not get an upgrade to suite like some have been getting, but he did give us a waterview room So DH handed off the bags to bell services and went to park the car while the kids and I went to meet the bellman at the room. As we walked in I noticed a musty/mothball smell right away. I looked at the bellman and asked if that was normal, he said NO and called housekeeping right away. He told me that if housekeeping couldn’t fix the smell to request another room as he knew there were rooms available. So we headed over to Epcot and loved being able to exchange our vouchers for AP’s, purchase our TiW card, and get our GAC (for DS) all at one counter at the IG! Of course our first stop was Soarin, then the Land, Nemo, Spaceship Earth, and then made our way to Via Napoli for lunch. After lunch the skies were very threatening so we decided to head back to YC and figure out what our plans for the afternoon and evening were going to be.

I was so disappointed the room still smelled when we returned I was afraid to ask for a different room, because our view was amazing and I was afraid they would move us back to a GV room, but I called the front desk anyway. As I posted earlier this week, I was told room assignments would call me right back and they did. She asked if I liked my location and view and said she could keep me in the same area. So up to the 4th floor from the 2nd and a few doors down, we walked into the room, the smell a hundred times better than the first room and of course went right to the balcony. Our view was even better than the first!!!!

Here are a few picture of our view…..
View of Crescent Lake from our balcony

View of the wedding gazebo from our balcony (including a bunny by the gazebo)

View of Illuminations from our balcony

I’ll be back latter today or tomorrow with more thoughts and pictures

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 09-21-2012, 08:48 AM   #2060
ZombieDoofus
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwfanatic316 View Post
Are you all planning on attending MNSSHP? We're planning on going on the 16th. I can't wait! It's getting really close!
We are going on the 16 th too!
Old 09-21-2012, 09:55 AM   #2061
kelleigh1
Disney Baby
I sleep with Pooh & Mickey
Kicked off the school bus

Quick question (hoping Teena reads it before she hops on board the cruise.)

Faxes...wasn't it said that faxing the resort with room requests was basically a waste of time because the people who do the room assignments aren't even at the resort where the faxes go? Can you tell me the info? Someone in our group was asking about faxing a request and I could have sworn that sending a fax doesn't really help anymore but I wanted to make sure I shared the correct info.

Childless doesn't mean that we're not a family. MLA RLA

Old 09-21-2012, 10:03 AM   #2062
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelleigh1 View Post
Quick question (hoping Teena reads it before she hops on board the cruise.)

Faxes...wasn't it said that faxing the resort with room requests was basically a waste of time because the people who do the room assignments aren't even at the resort where the faxes go? Can you tell me the info? Someone in our group was asking about faxing a request and I could have sworn that sending a fax doesn't really help anymore but I wanted to make sure I shared the correct info.
IMO, faxing doesn't help. The room assignor and the computer that does room assigning both go by the requests on the reservations. If you send a fax and if it gets to a room assignor, they will just go and add the request on the fax to the reservation.
Old 09-21-2012, 10:20 AM   #2063
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Picking up where I left off….

After settling into the new room we headed over to MK, there was a bus waiting at the bus stop and only one other family got one with us! We had a quick dinner at Cosmic Ray’s which we always say we won’t eat at again, and said it this time as well. Since we were up so early we decided to call it a night after some more rides and were hoping to make it back to our room for Illuminations, we walked in as they were starting so we got to enjoy that fully! Great way to end the day! Well that and having a drink in hand while sitting on the balcony

The next morning the kids were up early and we decided to let DH sleep in a bit so went exploring YC and BC and then took the ferry over the Boardwalk to check it out. After killing some time we went back to the room woke up DH and headed down to SAB. We had brought noodles with us and glad we did, the lazy river gets DEEP! After a couple hours at SAB we showered and headed over to AK for a few hours then back to YC&BC for dinner at Cape May, which was delicious! Then went grabbed our Hershey bars and graham crackers out of the room so we could head over to the campfire and roast some marshmallows. The campfire wasn’t busy at all the CM’s running it were great! Then off to MK for the night!

Sunrise over Crescent Lake

Looking back to YC from the ferry dock

Roasting marshmallows

Monday morning brought a lot of tears from the kids not wanting it to be their last day, but we kept saying we would be back next month. We decided to go down to Captains Grille for breakfast before packing up the car. We were asked if we had reservations and I said no, just took our chances, we were being seated within 5 minutes and told we were chosen as Family of the Day! We sat over by the moving boat picture and were the only ones seated in that area. We had our picture taken for the scrapbook they keep and were given a copy as well. Balloons and goodies for the kids were brought to the table. It was a great way to distract the kids from thinking about it being our last day.

Family of the Day photo

DD with the FoD goodies

After packing up the car we headed to DHS on the ferry which was already PACKED when it pulled up to our dock. We made our way to DHS and rode a few things then headed over to our lunch ADR at Sci-Fi. DH was disappointed with the lunch menu as he remember having ribs last time we were there, which we then realized were on the dinner menu. The kids loved it as usual, my ruben was good, but DH said his burger was awful. Oh well! We had already decided we would skip dessert at Sci-Fi and finally stop at Beaches & Cream before heading home. We were seated right away and all had yummy sundaes!

It was a quick trip and as usual we had wanted to do more, but there is always next time!

Happy to answer any questions I can

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 09-21-2012, 10:27 AM   #2064
kelleigh1
Disney Baby
I sleep with Pooh & Mickey
Kicked off the school bus

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenaS View Post
IMO, faxing doesn't help. The room assignor and the computer that does room assigning both go by the requests on the reservations. If you send a fax and if it gets to a room assignor, they will just go and add the request on the fax to the reservation.
Thank you!

Have a great time on the cruise!

Childless doesn't mean that we're not a family. MLA RLA

Old 09-21-2012, 11:21 AM   #2065
MickeyT
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenaS

As always ditto what Katesdad says. I have a gut feeling y'all will enjoy the ship and here's hoping your excursions are just as enjoyable. This did get me a little more excited about my trip next year on The Wonder.

Go lady. Enjoy. When does the ship leave? I'll do virtual wave from the Port Canaveral web cam.

Old 09-21-2012, 12:04 PM   #2066
333disneymom
DIS Veteran

Teena, hope you have a fabulous cruise!
Old 09-21-2012, 12:21 PM   #2067
dandydad12
Mouseketeer

Teena , hope you have a wonderful vacation and I also hope that some of your other dreams come true You know that wishes do come true

Old 09-21-2012, 01:22 PM   #2068
Pinkgirl
DIS Veteran

FAO Babyberger

Sounds like you had an amazing few days. You ended up in one of the rooms that we watched the reflection of Illuminations on the windows lol.

Love those bunnies out by the Gazebo, we usually saw 4 on a night. On our wedding day, we were trying to step around the bunny poo when we were cutting the cake and have the champagne toast!
Old 09-21-2012, 03:01 PM   #2069
clc053103
DIS Veteran

Just wanted to warn anyone....at BCV now, pool slide down for two days and it is unlikely it will be running again before we leave on Sunday. Since this slide was the reason we moved here from BLT, we are not thrilled.
BWV 98, 01, 08
BLT (our DVC home): 09, 10, 11, 12 (split stay w/ BCV), spring break 2013, Fall 2013, 2014
WL: 2011
AKL: 2012
OKW: 2013
DCL Dream: 2012, 2014
Old 09-21-2012, 03:58 PM   #2070
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by clc053103 View Post
Just wanted to warn anyone....at BCV now, pool slide down for two days and it is unlikely it will be running again before we leave on Sunday. Since this slide was the reason we moved here from BLT, we are not thrilled.
Thank you for alerting everyone to the slide closure! I am truly sorry about this, especially since you were so looking forward to the slide.

I just heard from someone else who is down there now, and they were told the slide was down for emergency repairs until Thurs or Friday. They are leaving today, so they didn't ask if there were alternatives being offered like the use of the Luna Park pool at the Boardwalk. Sometimes the resorts arrange for transportation between the two resorts in situations like this.

I totally understand your disappointment.

We appreciate when you, and others, let us all know what is going on!

Dee

Last edited by natebenma; 09-21-2012 at 04:40 PM.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: