Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2012, 05:47 PM   #2026
kelleigh1
Disney Baby
I sleep with Pooh & Mickey
Kicked off the school bus

Quote:
Originally Posted by sndral View Post
I .And of course all of us yacht clubbies get full balconies - no Juliet's for us.
Exactly why I went with YC for our Oct trip.

Childless doesn't mean that we're not a family. MLA RLA

Old 09-19-2012, 07:31 PM   #2027
BackstoryWorthy
Mouseketeer

I had a VERY busy August and just had time to get back to All Things Disney Trip 2012 - grabbed an ADR for our first day after clarifying arrival times - an early dinner at Sci Fi then Osborne Lights.
A "minute" ago it was 100+ days - now only 70 days until Beach Club
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-19-2012, 08:57 PM   #2028
Steph H
That Loud Redhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyT View Post
Hey Steph....Fellow 60D/Ipad owner here. I bought an iPad Digital Camera Connection Kit from Best Buy that allows you to plug your card straight into iPad and download direct. It's @ $30. But I shoot in JPEG and never tried it in RAW. May have storage issues depending on storage capacity.

Good luck and let us see your pic's!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalabubbles View Post
I have a Nixon L110. I bought just what MikeyT purchased. I used it once with the SD card adapter, but not the USB one. I uploaded the pictures to the iPad then used the photobucket app to put them on Facebook. It worked great, nice and easy for this tech challenged girl . Hopefully I will have time to post some pics while we are there.
Thanks to you both! I suspect I'll shoot in both RAW and JPG and just notch the size down a bit in hopes that I can get it all to fit and be able to post instant pics from the iPad while I'm there. I do appreciate the ability to play with the settings on the RAW images once I get back to my laptop though...just an addiction, I guess.

I will share pics as much as I can. I LOVE taking them, and sharing them too!

I think I'm at 73 days now. Woo hoo!!!

Hey, on a different note...I've seen a lot of talk about coffee, but I wonder if anyone has experience with cappuccinos and/or lattes at DW? My husband is the latte drinker, while caps are my drug of choice. I'm wondering if being close to the World Showcase means I could find either one pretty easily near the Italy pavilion?? I don't care how much I have topay, as long as it tastes good.

Thanks, all!!

GF Sugarloaf 10/05
YC CL 12/12

Trip Report: Yacht Club December 2012, How I Survived Disneyworld on Weight Watchers
Old 09-19-2012, 11:20 PM   #2029
Hunclemarco
DIS Veteran

We'll be staying at BCV from April 19 through 30, deluxe studio. We'll be bringing 2 friends of ours, one that has never been to Disney.... So looking forward to it!

January 1979 Offsite; January 1992 POR; March 1999Honeymoon ; May 2002 CBR; May 2008 Offsite; November 2008 CBR March 2009 DVC SSR, BCV; August 2009 DVC AKV,BCV; December 2009 DVC SSR; February 2010 DVC BCV; November 2010 DVC BWV; May 2011 POP; March 2012 DCL Dream and POP; May 2012 POP; April 2013 DVC BCV; November 2013 CSR; Yacht Club, DCL Dream and BWV May 2014, SSR and AKV-Jambo September 2014
Old 09-20-2012, 06:17 AM   #2030
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Trying to get all caught up on everyones posts and updating the Be Our Guest List.

Could everyone take a moment to see if your information is listed correctly. Please let me know if I need to make any changes.

Thanks!

Dee

Post 13: Be Our Guest list

Quote:
Originally Posted by peaches00 View Post
Thank you natebenma and teenas...booking a gardenview for now. I'm sure I will chane again a few times before my trip!

Can't entirely read the date of your stay in your signature. Sept 2013?

Thanks for saying the nice things about the thread in your other post- glad you are finding a friendly, helpful forum here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellabully View Post
Dee, Just catching up on the boards, I work 12 shifts Sat-mon. No worries about noodle swap, April 10th-13th are fine for us. We are happy to spend any time with "Noodles".
CTDisney, I will more than happy to arrange a "safe" handoff, he he!!
Dee, just a little note, we are not on Be Our Guest list, can you add us.
Thank you again for maintaining such an amazing place to post and learn!!!
Shelly
Sorry about all of that! You are now added to the Be Our Guest list (I think!) in addition to your portion of the noodle swap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suemom2kay View Post
I know I know... Fair weather friend I am... Haven't been on in a loooooooonnng time! But it was too hard with know BC trip planned.

After a hiatus that involved the Wilderness Lodge (nice but not our cup of tea). We'll be back at the Beach Club on May 15th! We'll be donug the first 3 nights in a studio on points. Then hopefully we'll get our trade into Brach Club for the week starting on Saturday. Either way we'll have 4 days there and DD will have 4 days in SAB!!!! Yay!!!

Great to "see" everyone again!
back!

I have added you to the list and I'm really glad to have you here again! We look forward to hearing from you in the next few months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ski37 View Post
Hi All,

My wife and I will be staying at the Beach Club for 4 nights, Nov.6-10.
We have a club level lagoon view room. ( first time for that view...)
Do all the club level rooms on 5th floor have full balconies?
Should I request a room close to lounge?
We hope to catch the end of the Food and Wine festival. Love walking to Epcot and DS!
The only downside is that Typhoon lagoon will be closed....We love the wave pool.

Read this entire great thread! Thanks all for all the inside info...nothing compares to it!

ski

I have added you to the Be Our Guest list on Page 1.

I'm not sure that anyone answered your question about the full balconies. Unfortunately, the answer is no. There are some Juliet balconies in the BC CL LV category. So you may want to add this to your reservation request.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackstoryWorthy View Post
I had a VERY busy August and just had time to get back to All Things Disney Trip 2012 - grabbed an ADR for our first day after clarifying arrival times - an early dinner at Sci Fi then Osborne Lights.
A "minute" ago it was 100+ days - now only 70 days until Beach Club

Is your stay in early Dec?

What a fantastic start to your trip you have planned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunclemarco View Post
We'll be staying at BCV from April 19 through 30, deluxe studio. We'll be bringing 2 friends of ours, one that has never been to Disney.... So looking forward to it!

I have added you to the Be Our Guest list on Page 1.

Last edited by natebenma; 09-21-2012 at 04:33 AM.
Old 09-20-2012, 09:44 AM   #2031
cindydare
Mouseketeer

One more day to go! This time tomorrow I will be at the BC!!

Working my "Disney money" job today, checking my list of things to do when I get off work, and trying to make sure that I haven't forgotten anything important on my last minute packing list!

Our flight leaves at 6:05 am tomorrow....so I have to figure out how to get the kids to go to bed early tonight. (like that's really going to happen!)

Does anyone want me to check on anything while we're there....any requests?

I'll be picking up Flat Ben at the desk tomorrow and promise to take him on some adventures! Any pics will probably have to wait until we get back....I'm going to try to take some with my phone and send to Dee...we'll see if I can get it to work!

Teena---Hope you and Bob have a fantastic cruise!! We'll miss seeing you this time!

Hope to see some of you there!

Cindy
Old 09-20-2012, 09:48 AM   #2032
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindydare View Post

Working my "Disney money" job today, checking my list of things to do when I get off work, and trying to make sure that I haven't forgotten anything important on my last minute packing list!

Our flight leaves at 6:05 am tomorrow....so I have to figure out how to get the kids to go to bed early tonight. (like that's really going to happen!)

I'll be picking up Flat Ben at the desk tomorrow and promise to take him on some adventures! Any pics will probably have to wait until we get back....I'm going to try to take some with my phone and send to Dee...we'll see if I can get it to work!

Teena---Hope you and Bob have a fantastic cruise!! We'll miss seeing you this time!

Cindy
So sorry I'm going to miss you and the family. Hugs to you all!!!!!
Old 09-20-2012, 10:07 AM   #2033
333disneymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindydare

Cindy
Have a great trip!
Old 09-20-2012, 10:35 AM   #2034
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindydare View Post

Cindy
I'm so excited for you!!! Have a FANTASTIC trip!!!

Hope my boy doesn't give you any trouble!

Dee
Old 09-20-2012, 12:53 PM   #2035
wdwfanatic316
Mouseketeer

Can you please add us to the Be Our Guest list for 10/14-10/20 for BCV?

Thanks!
Old 09-20-2012, 01:20 PM   #2036
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by summersalt View Post
Hi everyone,

I don't post often on this thread but I really enjoy reading it. Something absolutely amazing happened yesterday that I just have to share and I knew you guys would understand. Mickey Mouse came to our county high school to announce that the band has been invited to march in the Very Merry Christmas Parade!!! I am so excited and I don't even have a student at the school. I know I'm nuts!!
Yay - how fun!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALMinVA View Post
I just keep wondering if we should have gone BC over YC - more posters seem to be heading to BC....hmm, well... Ill keep reading along...
We love both! BC is our favorite, but that has a lot to do with history/tradition and our love of the beach generally. I find that we spend time on both sides, regardless of where our room is located.

Shopping Question: I was about to purchase the purple and green Halloween Minnie Ears headband from disneystore.com, and they sold out right before I submit my order. Has anyone seen these in the parks? It would be great if they were available in the BC Marketplace or one of the stores in Epcot, but I could wait until we get to MK if necessary!

Here the link to the photo: http://www.disneystore.com/ear-hats-...14051/1000292/

Cindy, have a great trip!! Can't wait for the updates!
Disneyland (x many), Polynesisan (x many), Beach Club (x many), Boardwalk (x3), Yacht Club, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge (x2), Animal Kingdom Lodge, Port Orleans French Quarter, Dolphin, Coronado Springs (x3), Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans-Riverside, All Star Sports, All Star Music, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, 2013 Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and 5K

January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AKL/GF/Poly)
April 2015: WL and AOA!
Old 09-20-2012, 01:40 PM   #2037
NatalieMT
Mouseketeer

We had a great time at the BC! We were in room 1604 which was a ground floor room, relatively close to the Marketplace which was very convenient for us. I thought it might have been noisy but it was surprisingly quiet and we only occasionally heard people passing. The only downside was the patio door lock breaking on the 4th night, I had housekeeping call maintenance once and then I had to go to the front desk to ask again but in the end it did get fixed.

The weather the 2 weeks we were there was great, which exception of the first couple of days but after that it hardly rained. We spent a lot of the afternoons at SAB which was pretty quiet the entire time. It's a very relaxing atmosphere at SAB! Hurricane Hanna's was closed whilst we were there but they were still running a drinks service poolside so it wasn't really an issue for us.

We went to Cape May one night but I was quite sick beforehand and I don't think the food helped. My sister enjoyed it lots and I thought the selection was great but it was a very off night for me.

Not much else to report, overall I thought the BC was as great as usual!

Old 09-20-2012, 01:54 PM   #2038
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixarmom View Post
Shopping Question: I was about to purchase the purple and green Halloween Minnie Ears headband from disneystore.com, and they sold out right before I submit my order. Has anyone seen these in the parks? It would be great if they were available in the BC Marketplace or one of the stores in Epcot, but I could wait until we get to MK if necessary!
The Halloween Minnie ears were all over the parks last year. I know for a fact they had them at Mousegear at Epcot, not sure about BC Marketplace though. HTH!
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/2011 -- CR, 3/2012 -- Windsor Hills, 10/2012 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/2013 -- BWV, 5/2013 -- BLT, 10/2013 -- YC CL, 5/2014 -- BWV, 08/2014 -- VGF/BLT, 12/2014 -- BWV, 4/2015 -- BLT

Old 09-20-2012, 03:13 PM   #2039
BackstoryWorthy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
[SIZE="3"]Trying to get all caught up on everyones posts and updating the Be Our Guest List.

Could everyone take a moment to see if your information is listed corrected. Please let me know if I need to make any changes.

Is your stay in early Dec?

What a fantastic start to your trip you have planned!

Hi -- Yes, 3 rooms at the Beach Club will be filled with 3 generations of my family 11/28 - 12/2. We did it at POR last time - this time it is a shorter trip but our dream location!

Thanks - I had all our "big" ADRs settled and now as everyone's touring plans are taking shape I was able to finally nail down when/where we eat arrival day. My parents have been to WDW 5 or 6 times - never did Sci-Fi!
Old 09-20-2012, 03:25 PM   #2040
clc053103
DIS Veteran

We checked into bcv yesterday, after leaving
BLT for a split stay. We wanted to move so the kids could enjoy storm along bay.

By comparison, BLT has much larger rooms with plenty of storage, there are just 4 tiny drawers in the second bedroom. Our second shower also is cold, and we have called mousekeeping to teu to get hot water. But the theming is nice and the location is great.

The big letdown is, the pool slide is broken! Hoping it is back up tomorrow!
BWV 98, 01, 08
BLT (our DVC home): 09, 10, 11, 12 (split stay w/ BCV), spring break 2013, Fall 2013, 2014
WL: 2011
AKL: 2012
OKW: 2013
DCL Dream: 2012, 2014
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: