Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2012, 05:19 AM   #2011
threedisprincesses
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma

to this thread and the DIS!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list on Page 1.

If you don't have any special requests, then I don't think it matters if you do the online or regular check in. I'm guessing it won't be all that busy at 6 PM, but what do I know?

Have a fantastic trip!
If you do have special requests, should you not do on line check in?
Old 09-19-2012, 06:25 AM   #2012
wendywoo
Mouseketeer

Tomorrow is the day!! We are BC bound for 10 nights!! We have never had a trip like this!! Any tips or anything I need to add to the do not forget list?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-19-2012, 06:38 AM   #2013
Kteacher
Not your average kindergarten teacher
Judge Judy stole my iced tea!
REALLY good at keeping secrets

Picked up our documents yesterdayI booked during Disney month with AAA, so we got a 75.00 Disney gc ....more $$ to use at the F&W Festival booths

Old 09-19-2012, 06:57 AM   #2014
MickeyT
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph H View Post
Curious to know what kind of camera you have? I have a Canon 60D and I am pretty addicted to taking photos in RAW format, but I was thinking about getting one of these to use for my iPad. I'm assuming I'll have to do both RAW and JPG or just JPG alone for it to work with the iPad. I'd love to hear how it all works for you. I really don't want to take the laptop with me on our Disney trip!
Hey Steph....Fellow 60D/Ipad owner here. I bought an iPad Digital Camera Connection Kit from Best Buy that allows you to plug your card straight into iPad and download direct. It's @ $30. But I shoot in JPEG and never tried it in RAW. May have storage issues depending on storage capacity.

Good luck and let us see your pic's!

Old 09-19-2012, 09:10 AM   #2015
Lalabubbles
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph H View Post
Curious to know what kind of camera you have? I have a Canon 60D and I am pretty addicted to taking photos in RAW format, but I was thinking about getting one of these to use for my iPad. I'm assuming I'll have to do both RAW and JPG or just JPG alone for it to work with the iPad. I'd love to hear how it all works for you. I really don't want to take the laptop with me on our
I have a Nixon L110. I bought just what MikeyT purchased. I used it once with the SD card adapter, but not the USB one. I uploaded the pictures to the iPad then used the photobucket app to put them on Facebook. It worked great, nice and easy for this tech challenged girl . Hopefully I will have time to post some pics while we are there.

Old 09-19-2012, 09:24 AM   #2016
summersalt
DIS Veteran

Hi everyone,

I don't post often on this thread but I really enjoy reading it. Something absolutely amazing happened yesterday that I just have to share and I knew you guys would understand. Mickey Mouse came to our county high school to announce that the band has been invited to march in the Very Merry Christmas Parade!!! I am so excited and I don't even have a student at the school. I know I'm nuts!!
Old 09-19-2012, 09:38 AM   #2017
ALMinVA
Mouseketeer

Thanks Teena!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenaS View Post
At the YC, there are five garden view CL rooms, two of which have daybeds. They are not far from the lounge. You cannot guarantee you will get a daybed no matter what you book (garden or standard or water) but you can always request a rollaway if you don't get a daybed. Even with a standard view room, if you want a daybed, make sure you have that request on your reservation unless there are five in your party. If you have five in your party, that is self explanatory and you don't need to request a daybed. However, if you have four in your party and want a daybed, you need to have that request on your reservation. And like I said before, no requests are guaranteed.

Dee is correct as far as the BC, there is only one garden view CL room there with a daybed.
Thanks so much for your recommendation Teena! I called this morning and upgraded from a YC SV CL room to a YC GV CL room with a request for a daybed since DS 5 suffers night terrors and often sleeps restlessly so for he and DD11 to share a bed for 7 nights might be difficult. I contemplated the water view but have so much booked at night for celebrations that I don't think it's worth the extra $. Surprising DH with an illuminations cruise for his birthday - giving the Pirates Wishes Cruise to DS as a Christmas gift, one evening DH is scuba diving the Epcot Nemo tank and DD is snorkeling the Tank...so lots of fun things going on that I don't think well be in the room that much.
I just keep wondering if we should have gone BC over YC - more posters seem to be heading to BC....hmm, well... Ill keep reading along...
Old 09-19-2012, 10:40 AM   #2018
ski37
Mouseketeer

4 nights at BC in November!

Hi All,

My wife and I will be staying at the Beach Club for 4 nights, Nov.6-10.
We have a club level lagoon view room. ( first time for that view...)
Do all the club level rooms on 5th floor have full balconies?
Should I request a room close to lounge?
We hope to catch the end of the Food and Wine festival. Love walking to Epcot and DS!
The only downside is that Typhoon lagoon will be closed....We love the wave pool.

Read this entire great thread! Thanks all for all the inside info...nothing compares to it!

ski
Old 09-19-2012, 11:03 AM   #2019
ocalla
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by summersalt View Post
Hi everyone,

I don't post often on this thread but I really enjoy reading it. Something absolutely amazing happened yesterday that I just have to share and I knew you guys would understand. Mickey Mouse came to our county high school to announce that the band has been invited to march in the Very Merry Christmas Parade!!! I am so excited and I don't even have a student at the school. I know I'm nuts!!
I'd have flipped if a "celebrity" like MM had visited our town!!!! congrats to your school band.
90-Honeymoon Offsite 92-offsite 93-CBR 96 - CBR 97-DXL 2000-ASMo 2000-CBR 2001-Courtyard/DD 2004-Grosvenor 07/10-YC 05/11-BC - CL 05/12 BC 06/13 CSR 07/13 - BC/Poly split 02/14-WL 11/14 - Split Stay???
Me DH DD22 DD16 Maud Marie

Old 09-19-2012, 01:13 PM   #2020
sndral
DIS Veteran

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALMinVA View Post
Thanks so much for your recommendation Teena! I called this morning and upgraded from a YC SV CL room to a YC GV CL room with a request for a daybed ...
I just keep wondering if we should have gone BC over YC - more posters seem to be heading to BC....hmm, well... Ill keep reading along...
I just counted the oct. be our guest listings 17 @ yc, 18 @ bc, 16 @ bcv. The bcv people can't choose the yc really so it seems a fairly even split. I'm @ the yc in a couple of months and personally prefer it to the hustle and bustle of the bc's lobby but to each his own. Maybe the bc types are more like the resort - more gregarious than us yc types.And of course all of us yacht clubbies get full balconies - no Juliet's for us.

Last edited by sndral; 09-19-2012 at 01:24 PM.
Old 09-19-2012, 01:15 PM   #2021
BethieTink
DIS Veteran

Hi everyone,

I haven't posted here before, but do read a lot of it since BCV is our home resort and our favorite.

I just read on the allears weekly newsletter that the Solarium is currently being used as a makeshift gym since Ship Shape is getting refurbished. Does anyone know how long that is supposed to last? My DH and I are renewing our vows in November and wanted to do our first look in the Solarium. I have a backup plan, but wanted to check.

Thanks in advance!
Old 09-19-2012, 02:30 PM   #2022
MN Disneyfan
Mouseketeer

@natebenma

We are staying in a 2 bedroom Villa as the inlaws will be with us. Checked in today online....10 days to go.
2012-Beach Club
2011-Boardwalk
2010-Beach Club
2009-Beach Club
2008-Carribean Beach
2006-Offsite
2002-Yacht Club
1991-Offsite

Love them, hug them and take them to Disney!
Old 09-19-2012, 02:37 PM   #2023
bookgirl
I don't eat onions-they squelch when you bite into them
I don't eat raisins-they look like dried up bugs
Can we say food issues?

Quote:
Originally Posted by threedisprincesses View Post
If you do have special requests, should you not do on line check in?
With special requests it's easier to just check in at the desk. If you do online and have problems you're going to have to go through the checkin line to get them fixed anyway.

UPCOMING: 7/14 Offsite & 10/14 F&W Festival (in planning) WL

Old 09-19-2012, 02:40 PM   #2024
ALMinVA
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sndral View Post
I just counted the oct. be our guest listings 17 @ yc, 18 @ bc, 16 @ bcv. The bcv people can't choose the yc really so it seems a fairly even split. I'm @ the yc in a couple of months and personally prefer it to the hustle and bustle of the bc's lobby but to each his own. Maybe the bc types are more like the resort - more gregarious than us yc types.And of course all of us yacht clubbies get full balconies - no Juliet's for us.
I'm definitely a full balcony type DH says I obsess over this vacation every year. Funny thing is we have a stay coming up Nov 2-5 at AoA and I am not even obsessing over that one - I am totally obsessing about this one! We are staying at AoA Nemo suites for DS's 5th Birthday and I so want to upgrade that stay to the YC too!! Wondering if I will love the YC so much that this will now replace our annual Poly visit from here on out? We enjoy swimming in January and don't mind a little chill getting out of the pool - it appears SAB is the best pool around!
Old 09-19-2012, 05:44 PM   #2025
kelleigh1
Disney Baby
I sleep with Pooh & Mickey
Kicked off the school bus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kteacher View Post
Picked up our documents yesterdayI booked during Disney month with AAA, so we got a 75.00 Disney gc ....more $$ to use at the F&W Festival booths
We booked with AAA during Disney month too. I don't remember a GC being mentioned but I purposely booked then because I knew they usually had special gifts. I'll be thrilled if we get a GC.

Childless doesn't mean that we're not a family. MLA RLA

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: