Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2012, 06:00 PM   #1996
Lalabubbles
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenaS View Post
Yep, I'll be off. We leave on the Disney Fantasy this Saturday for a 7 night cruise. Have a super vacation!!!!!

Thanks, you too !!!!!

Old 09-18-2012, 06:11 PM   #1997
RobynPrincess
Looking around

We're just over 2 weeks until the day we check in to BC! It's our first every onside stay and I'm so excited!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-18-2012, 06:29 PM   #1998
Bellabully
Official Disney Addict

No worries

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Oh, crud! You are right!

Bellabuddy and CT Disney, I apologize! I did received CT's request first.

I have corrected the list to add Bellabuddy to the swap for April 10-13, and CT Disney on the swap from April 13-20.

Bellabuddy, could you take a moment and acknowledge that you have seen this message?

Perhaps as the trip gets closer, the two of you can get in touch with one another by PM and discuss the custody arrangements and possibly even arrange a direct hand off.

Again, sorry about this!

Dee
Dee, Just catching up on the boards, I work 12 shifts Sat-mon. No worries about noodle swap, April 10th-13th are fine for us. We are happy to spend any time with "Noodles".
CTDisney, I will more than happy to arrange a "safe" handoff, he he!!
Dee, just a little note, we are not on Be Our Guest list, can you add us.
Thank you again for maintaining such an amazing place to post and learn!!!
Shelly

Me DH DD
September 2010: Port Orleans French Quarter, November 2011 & June 2012: Boardwalk Villas, April 2013: Beach Club Villas/Boardwalk Villas, April 2014: Beach Club Villas, April 2015 Beach Club Villas
Old 09-18-2012, 06:38 PM   #1999
Couchy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yep, I'll be off. We leave on the Disney Fantasy this Saturday for a 7 night cruise. Have a super vacation!!!!!
Have a magical trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by CornFed View Post
I suppose I'll make my first post on the the boards in there here forum.

Nine days until my wife and I arrive at Yacht Club. We've stayed at French Quarter twice before (Port Orleans and Dixie Landings or whatever it was called back before the name change). Also stayed at Pop Century. This will be our first Deluxe visit. We've got a water view room (non-concierge) so I'm hoping it'll be nice.

Debating if we should do the online check-in or not. We don't have any kids but we'll be arriving a bit later in the day (6pm-ish) so I'm not sure if it'll make a difference or not. Thoughts?

Very much looking forward to this trip. Booked it without realizing the Food & Wine Festival was going on and I managed to get us signed up for the Haunted 5K Race (would have preferred the 10 miler but oh well). But hey, what happens happens. This whole thing is a 'If I Don't Get Out Of Work, I'm Gonna Go Nuts' sort of deal.

Welcome
No better forum to make your first post

4 trips as a kid.2002-Westgate, 2004 -Hilton DTD, 2005 -Westgate, 2007 -Royal Sun DTD, 2008 Hilton DTD, April 2011 -Swan, Dec 2011-Dolphin/ Yacht Club , Feb 2012 -Solo@Swan , April 2012-Dolphin with our friends, june/july 2012 - Beach Club
Old 09-18-2012, 07:03 PM   #2000
suemom2kay
DIS Veteran

I know I know... Fair weather friend I am... Haven't been on in a loooooooonnng time! But it was too hard with know BC trip planned.

After a hiatus that involved the Wilderness Lodge (nice but not our cup of tea). We'll be back at the Beach Club on May 15th! We'll be donug the first 3 nights in a studio on points. Then hopefully we'll get our trade into Brach Club for the week starting on Saturday. Either way we'll have 4 days there and DD will have 4 days in SAB!!!! Yay!!!

Great to "see" everyone again!

Old 09-18-2012, 07:31 PM   #2001
BLTtinkerbell
DIS Veteran

Teena, I hope you are feeling better. Enjoy your cruise!

Old 09-18-2012, 08:06 PM   #2002
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLTtinkerbell View Post
Teena, I hope you are feeling better. Enjoy your cruise!
Thanks so much. The doctor today gave me the all clear to go (not that I needed it ... I was going no matter what) and I'm loaded down with meds in case I start passing a stone while on board.
Old 09-18-2012, 08:16 PM   #2003
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenaS

Thanks so much. The doctor today gave me the all clear to go (not that I needed it ... I was going no matter what) and I'm loaded down with meds in case I start passing a stone while on board.
Teena, Hope you continue to feel better. Have a wonderful time on your cruise!

TY Kook
Trip planning is half the fun! Ad astra per aspera ~Ginny~
Old 09-18-2012, 08:26 PM   #2004
hill6
DIS Veteran

Feel better Teena. My kidney stones are acting up again. I very much understand.

Villas at Wilderness Lodge May 9-14
Old 09-18-2012, 08:35 PM   #2005
ocalla
DIS Veteran

Teena: have a WONDERFUL time on your cruise!!

If the meds don't work......................there's always the bar
90-Honeymoon Offsite 92-offsite 93-CBR 96 - CBR 97-DXL 2000-ASMo 2000-CBR 2001-Courtyard/DD 2004-Grosvenor 07/10-YC 05/11-BC - CL 05/12 BC 06/13 CSR 07/13 - BC/Poly split 02/14-WL 08/14 - POR/Universal 11/14 - AoA 12/14 - Disney Soccer Showcase
Me DH DD22 DD17 Maud Marie:cat
Old 09-18-2012, 09:52 PM   #2006
klinlin
Mom to the T N T boys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by peaches00
I have a standard club room booked but after reading this I'm changing to agarden view or may even do water view. Is water view cl a view of stormalong bay and is it worth it? Also, we will be checking out of dolphin to check in. If our room isn't ready, can we still use club for breakfast. Thanks.
I have had water view at BC CL twice. It is so beautiful at night! But we never sit out on the balcony, and never really look out the window after the first day or so. So this time we just booked standard view and requested something close to the lounge. I'd rather sit at the pool or walk along the water then watch out the window anyway.

You can use the lounge as soon as you check in even if your room isn't ready. Have a great trip!
1993 Port Orleans FQ
1996 Caribbean Beach
2000 Coronado Springs (Honeymoon!)
2005 WL November kids first trip!
2007 Thanksgiving at BC with a discount and an upgrade!!!
2010 10th anniversary CL at BC
[img]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/b40ji5iy0ugptltb.png[/img]
Old 09-18-2012, 10:17 PM   #2007
Steph H
That Loud Redhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalabubbles View Post
I went and bought a camera adapter for my iPad so I should be able to upload pics while there.
Curious to know what kind of camera you have? I have a Canon 60D and I am pretty addicted to taking photos in RAW format, but I was thinking about getting one of these to use for my iPad. I'm assuming I'll have to do both RAW and JPG or just JPG alone for it to work with the iPad. I'd love to hear how it all works for you. I really don't want to take the laptop with me on our Disney trip!

Quote:
The CL garden views are pretty nice at the YC ... there are only five of them so you're lucky to get one. They sell out fast!
I didn't realize there were only five! Now I feel doubly blessed to have gotten one for December. I'll let you all know if we get one with a daybed, but I didn't request it, since DS10 and DS6 will be fine sleeping together. (I hope, lol!)

Quote:
You poor thing! I know so many people who have had those, and I hear they are awful. {{hugs}} and hopes for a calm, enjoyable trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocalla View Post
If the meds don't work......................there's always the bar
Now that's MY kind of meds.

I logged into Disneyworld.com today and it told me I had 74 days to go. We booked this trip in March, so it's exciting to see the numbers get so close. Kind of scary, actually. I haven't done NEARLY enough planning!

Happy day, all!

GF Sugarloaf 10/05
YC CL 12/12

Trip Report: Yacht Club December 2012, How I Survived Disneyworld on Weight Watchers
Old 09-18-2012, 10:56 PM   #2008
peaches00
Mouseketeer

Can I just say that this is the nicest most helpful and informative board I've been on. You guys rock.!

grand floridian 2002 poly club 2009 port Orleans 2011
royal pacific club 2007
Portofino bay club 2008,2010(x2)
Old 09-18-2012, 11:23 PM   #2009
ZehnJahren
DIS Veteran

Just finished packing up; moving to old key west tomorrow.

We've had a very nice stay, but we just didn't take advantage of all the amenities we could have. Wish we would have gotten more time here at yacht club. Also definitely wish we'd have been at beach club instead!! But the hotel has been wonderful, it's beautiful and everyone is so friendly.

Here are some pictures:

SAB

I'll end up posting more pictures at a later date, but probably more on my trip report, once I start filling it in! All in all it's been a really great trip, with great weather, people, cast members, and rides. Everything looks shiny and new, obviously a lot of work has gone into the entire resort since I was last here in January.
Old 09-18-2012, 11:49 PM   #2010
Andona
Destroyer of the Aussie Dollar

Hi all,
I haven't posted very often but I have received some wonderful advice and information from all the Beach Club experts on this great thread.

We finally checked in this morning for a short stay as part of our longer 30th wedding anniversary trip and we were absolutely thrilled to learn that we had been upgraded to a beautiful CL lagoon view room ( I had booked a standard GV ! ) we have been spoiled by the wonderful CMs here from the moment we walked through the door!!

We have just returned from a great MNSSHP and were looking forward to trying out the breakfast in the lounge tomorrow morning. The weather hasn't been great today, haven't had the chance to swim yet but were hoping to catch up on that tomorrow.

I'll post a loner review of our Beach Club experiences after our stay is ove

Andona

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
2005: DL - 3/50 states | 2007- UK & Paris | 2008: WDW - 14/50 states| 2009: DL - 18/50 States | 2011 European roadtrip - ANZAC day in France | 2012: USA Coast to Coast Roadtrip! 25/50 states Read my TR|2013 Italy

Dec 2014 Hawaii Here We Come!

Aug 2015 Pacific Northwest Roadtrip finishing up in DL. Yay!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: