Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2012, 02:22 PM   #1981
natebenma
DIS Veteran

I didn't see you guys on the Guest List, so I will add you all. Let me know your exact dates if you would like those added.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyMinnie1971 View Post
I have been wanting to switch to garden view from standard view because we had a not so great standard view last year, and was quite a hike to the lounge. I haven't been able to find much information about the garden view CL rooms. I have read that there aren't very many, and only a few have a daybed. I have also read several are handicap rooms and the bathrooms are different. I would love to switch to GV, but I'm hesitating because of these things. Since you are so knowledgable I was hoping you could put my mind at ease about it. I have a few questions I hope you can answer. Are the garden view rooms close to the lounge, are they as large as standard view rooms, and how likely/unlikely would it be to get a daybed? Any help you can provide would be soooo appreciated!

I think only one GV CL room has a daybed, but you can possibly request a rollaway if you don't get that room. Not sure how close the GV rooms are to the lounge. They could be scattered, but you can always add "close to lounge" as a request. Not sure how you would make out adding both "daybed, please" and "close to lounge" to your reservation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN Disneyfan View Post
So looking forward to checking into the Beach Club in 11 days. The first as a DVC owner at the Beach Club.

So, are you staying in a villa room?

Quote:
Originally Posted by peaches00 View Post
I have a standard club room booked but after reading this I'm changing to agarden view or may even do water view. Is water view cl a view of stormalong bay and is it worth it? Also, we will be checking out of dolphin to check in. If our room isn't ready, can we still use club for breakfast. Thanks.

I think a WV could be a view of the lagoon and/or SAB. You can use the club lounge as soon as you are checked in, and you can use it until midnight on the day you are checking out.
Old 09-18-2012, 02:31 PM   #1982
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I have been wanting to switch to garden view from standard view because we had a not so great standard view last year, and was quite a hike to the lounge. I haven't been able to find much information about the garden view CL rooms. I have read that there aren't very many, and only a few have a daybed. I have also read several are handicap rooms and the bathrooms are different. I would love to switch to GV, but I'm hesitating because of these things. Since you are so knowledgable I was hoping you could put my mind at ease about it. I have a few questions I hope you can answer. Are the garden view rooms close to the lounge, are they as large as standard view rooms, and how likely/unlikely would it be to get a daybed? Any help you can provide would be soooo appreciated!
At the YC, there are five garden view CL rooms, two of which have daybeds. They are not far from the lounge. You cannot guarantee you will get a daybed no matter what you book (garden or standard or water) but you can always request a rollaway if you don't get a daybed. Even with a standard view room, if you want a daybed, make sure you have that request on your reservation unless there are five in your party. If you have five in your party, that is self explanatory and you don't need to request a daybed. However, if you have four in your party and want a daybed, you need to have that request on your reservation. And like I said before, no requests are guaranteed.

Dee is correct as far as the BC, there is only one garden view CL room there with a daybed.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-18-2012, 02:35 PM   #1983
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcya23 View Post
Oops! No, I have not mastered the art of Time Travel we will be staying Oct 13-20... Not 23-20! (we are a week into a massive 8 wk remodel and already I have lost my mind).

Not only will this be our first time at BC, but our first time CL. Since I also booked this trip for my cousin and her family. I just want them to love WDW as much as we do! And I just don't want a crappy view! I just have a knack for getting rooms that look at parking lots.
Here's my view story- apologies to you veterans who are suffering through my trip report posts once again:

Room 5670

Our day continues to be magical- our room is ready! We are glad we will be able to ditch our travel bag and we are excited to check it out. Do we have a full balcony, like I requested? How will the view be? Although we had an incredible, spectacular view last year (overlooking the BC back entrance, SAB and Boardwalk), we just booked a standard view this year. The view is not a big deal to any of us, as long as I have a balcony to escape to with my coffee and book in the early morning hours.

We go in, open the curtains and see…

Left view

Right view

We won’t be doing much people-watching this year, but the location is awesome! We are maybe 7-8 rooms from the Concierge Lounge and close to the elevator.

A bonus feature of this room was that you could see some of the Illuminations fireworks and some of the MK fireworks off in the distance.

Not all of the SV room have this feature, but we were pretty happy with it.

Here is a picture that shows where we could see the MK fireworks- In between the building on the left and those two taller trees:

Old 09-18-2012, 02:35 PM   #1984
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by peaches00 View Post
I have a standard club room booked but after reading this I'm changing to agarden view or may even do water view. Is water view cl a view of stormalong bay and is it worth it? Also, we will be checking out of dolphin to check in. If our room isn't ready, can we still use club for breakfast. Thanks.
MY OPINION: If you are not planning on spending hours in your room, sitting on the balcony staring out at the view, I would no way spend the money for a water view. This is JUST my opinion. The difference in the price every night would cover a nice massage or a nice dinner somewhere. The SMALL difference in price for a garden view is worth it if you want to look out at something other than a roof or parking lot. I never use the balcony or look at the view. My drapes are closed when I'm in the room and I'm only in the room to sleep, shower or change clothes.

You can check in bright and early and if your room isn't ready, you are definitely able to use the lounge and all facilities at the BC!!!
Old 09-18-2012, 02:43 PM   #1985
CornFed
Earning My Ears

I suppose I'll make my first post on the the boards in there here forum.

Nine days until my wife and I arrive at Yacht Club. We've stayed at French Quarter twice before (Port Orleans and Dixie Landings or whatever it was called back before the name change). Also stayed at Pop Century. This will be our first Deluxe visit. We've got a water view room (non-concierge) so I'm hoping it'll be nice.

Debating if we should do the online check-in or not. We don't have any kids but we'll be arriving a bit later in the day (6pm-ish) so I'm not sure if it'll make a difference or not. Thoughts?

Very much looking forward to this trip. Booked it without realizing the Food & Wine Festival was going on and I managed to get us signed up for the Haunted 5K Race (would have preferred the 10 miler but oh well). But hey, what happens happens. This whole thing is a 'If I Don't Get Out Of Work, I'm Gonna Go Nuts' sort of deal.
Old 09-18-2012, 02:47 PM   #1986
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CornFed View Post
I suppose I'll make my first post on the the boards in there here forum.

Nine days until my wife and I arrive at Yacht Club. We've stayed at French Quarter twice before (Port Orleans and Dixie Landings or whatever it was called back before the name change). Also stayed at Pop Century. This will be our first Deluxe visit. We've got a water view room (non-concierge) so I'm hoping it'll be nice.

Debating if we should do the online check-in or not. We don't have any kids but we'll be arriving a bit later in the day (6pm-ish) so I'm not sure if it'll make a difference or not. Thoughts?

Very much looking forward to this trip. Booked it without realizing the Food & Wine Festival was going on and I managed to get us signed up for the Haunted 5K Race (would have preferred the 10 miler but oh well). But hey, what happens happens. This whole thing is a 'If I Don't Get Out Of Work, I'm Gonna Go Nuts' sort of deal.
to this thread and the DIS!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list on Page 1.

If you don't have any special requests, then I don't think it matters if you do the online or regular check in. I'm guessing it won't be all that busy at 6 PM, but what do I know?

Have a fantastic trip!
Old 09-18-2012, 03:15 PM   #1987
peaches00
Mouseketeer

Thank you natebenma and teenas...booking a gardenview for now. I'm sure I will chane again a few times before my trip!

grand floridian 2002 poly club 2009 port Orleans 2011
royal pacific club 2007
Portofino bay club 2008,2010(x2)
Old 09-18-2012, 03:15 PM   #1988
MickeyMinnie1971
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
I didn't see you guys on the Guest List, so I will add you all. Let me know your exact dates if you would like those added.

I think only one GV CL room has a daybed, but you can possibly request a rollaway if you don't get that room. Not sure how close the GV rooms are to the lounge. They could be scattered, but you can always add "close to lounge" as a request. Not sure how you would make out adding both "daybed, please" and "close to lounge" to your reservation.

Thanks for your help! We are doing a split stay and will be arriving at BC on Oct 8th-13th. I have had a hard time deciding to stick with SV or switching to GV. It appears the choice was made for me because I just checked and GV CL is no longer available at the AP rate. I guess that's probably for the best, I can stop obsessing over it.
Old 09-18-2012, 03:19 PM   #1989
MickeyMinnie1971
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenaS View Post
At the YC, there are five garden view CL rooms, two of which have daybeds. They are not far from the lounge. You cannot guarantee you will get a daybed no matter what you book (garden or standard or water) but you can always request a rollaway if you don't get a daybed. Even with a standard view room, if you want a daybed, make sure you have that request on your reservation unless there are five in your party. If you have five in your party, that is self explanatory and you don't need to request a daybed. However, if you have four in your party and want a daybed, you need to have that request on your reservation. And like I said before, no requests are guaranteed.

Dee is correct as far as the BC, there is only one garden view CL room there with a daybed.
Thank you so much for your help! I really wish I could stop obsessing over things, and just enjoy the anticipation of our upcoming trip!
Old 09-18-2012, 03:28 PM   #1990
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Another vote for the garden view - not as expensive as the water view and a little better than the standard. Although I have to say that we've always been thrilled with every room assigned to us at BC/YC since 1992! In fact, when we booked standard and could see Illuminations from our balcony, I was hopeful that we'd be so lucky to have such a nice view again someday! (And we've been very lucky!)

Dee, I always love your view story and your photos - no apologies necessary!

Quote:
I have had a hard time deciding to stick with SV or switching to GV. It appears the choice was made for me because I just checked and GV CL is no longer available at the AP rate. I guess that's probably for the best, I can stop obsessing over it.
MickeyMinnie, same for me. I was trying to decide whether to book to SV or deluxe CL at BC, or stick with our GV. Decided to wait until the AP discounts were out. When I checked, no AP discount for BC CL! At least now we don't have to make those decisions!
Disneyland (x many), Polynesisan (x many), Beach Club (x many), Boardwalk (x3), Yacht Club, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge (x2), Animal Kingdom Lodge, Port Orleans French Quarter, Dolphin, Coronado Springs (x3), Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans-Riverside, All Star Sports, All Star Music, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, 2013 Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and 5K

January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AOA/AKL/GF/Poly)
March/April 2015: WL/CR
Old 09-18-2012, 03:46 PM   #1991
DisneyMomx7
DIS Veteran

Teena - have a magical cruise!

Amanda - have a magical trip!

Dee - never get tired of your pics!!!!

GF-2003,2004,2005,2006,2008,2009,2011,2013,2014
YC-2006,2007,2008,2014 POLY- 2006,2007,2008
BC-2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013
HRH-2004,2006, RPR-2012, 2014
Old 09-18-2012, 04:20 PM   #1992
CT Disney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT Disney View Post
Good Monday morning everyone!

Quick question about the YC CL GV rooms....

Do they all have a sideways view of the lagoon? I think someone (Scottmel maybe?) had mentioned that they all do, but that one room's view of the lagoon was blocked by a pillar or something.

How would you word a room request so as not to get that one particular room? I'd love a sideways view of the lagoon....we had one once and it was so pretty!

Right now my request reads "Wedding gazebo view please" but I would be a tad bit sad if I got the "pillar room". To know the lagoon was just to my left but I couldn't see it because of a pillar

Maybe I should just word the request to say "Sideways view of lagoon please". What do you all think? (I feel like I am over-obsessing)
Anybody have any thoughts or info on this?
(If not, I'll settle for one of Ninja Mom's hilarious comments...she cracks me up!)

Old 09-18-2012, 04:48 PM   #1993
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Anybody have any thoughts or info on this?
(If not, I'll settle for one of Ninja Mom's hilarious comments...she cracks me up!)
If it didn't have the pillar it might be considered a water view so if you have a garden view booked and see any water at all (even with something blocking most of it), you're ahead of the game. If you want a good view of the lagoon, you should switch to a water view.
Old 09-18-2012, 05:32 PM   #1994
CT Disney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenaS View Post
If it didn't have the pillar it might be considered a water view so if you have a garden view booked and see any water at all (even with something blocking most of it), you're ahead of the game. If you want a good view of the lagoon, you should switch to a water view.

Thanks for the quick response Teena! Unfortunately, water view is not in the budget this time around.

And, I apologize if I worded the question to sound like I wanted to get a 'water view' for a 'garden view' price. I just recall some people saying that some of the YC CL GV rooms had a side view of the lagoon. We'll be happy no matter what we get though!

Old 09-18-2012, 05:48 PM   #1995
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks for the quick response Teena! Unfortunately, water view is not in the budget this time around.

And, I apologize if I worded the question to sound like I wanted to get a 'water view' for a 'garden view' price. I just recall some people saying that some of the YC CL GV rooms had a side view of the lagoon. We'll be happy no matter what we get though!
The CL garden views are pretty nice at the YC ... there are only five of them so you're lucky to get one. They sell out fast!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: