Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2012, 10:41 PM   #1936
Minnie
DIS Veteran

We are so excited!!! Added 3 nights at the beginning of our trip to this Oct and was finally able to book the Beach Club at an AP discount too We will then move to the WL for a week with our bounceback
Old 09-16-2012, 10:42 PM   #1937
Marcya23
Earning My Ears

Oct 23-20, here!

This will be our first time at BC and we are really looking forward to it! Just a quick question- with the Fall Discount, we upgraded tp Club Level. Although I am happy with some of the perks, I worried that our view will stink. We had a Garden view before we "upgraded," but now are standard CL. Does anyone have any experience with this? Besides being a BC first timer, we are also CL first timers... So any hints/ tidbits would be appreciated!

27 days!!!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-16-2012, 11:02 PM   #1938
TCups4Me
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Mom View Post
Hubba Hubba Pre kids! FYI you can still be foot loose and fancy free of the kids while at the Yacht Club/ Beach Club/ BV Villas. Get ready to book a sumptuous ADR at the romantic restaurant of your choice. How you ask? Well get a gander at this information from page one of this BC/YC FAQ thread:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Kids Programs

Sandcastle Club
Hours: 4:30 PM to 12 midnight
Reservations: (407) WDW-DINE
Designed especially for children ages 4-12 years old.
Supervised activities including free play arcade games, Sega/Nintendo, board games, Disney movies), "play" kitchen and living room area, dolls and stuffed animals, arts and crafts, and much more!! Charge is approximately $12 USD per hour per child, with a two-hour minimum. Sandcastle Club provides a complimentary dinner for children that is available at 6:00 PM, 7:00 PM and 8:00 PM in the Club. Reservations required.

Visit the Sandcastle Open House each day from 1 PM to 3 PM for a variety of video games, toys and arts and crafts. Fun for the whole family!

Kid's Nite Out, Inc.
Kid's Nite Out caregivers can provide one-on-one in-room childcare in the comfort of a Walt Disney World® Resort room. The professional staff of Kid's Nite Out gives the child individual attention by playing a variety of fun-filled activities with him/her including reading books, coloring, or playing "I Spy" games. They can also provide a fun, well-trained sitter to just hang out with the family if they need a father's/mother's helper. Kid's Nite Out also plans and works children's parties, camps, and children's theme conventions.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Since your rug rats are 2 & 4 years old you would want to go for the second option. I do not have experience with these programs but I can tell you I've heard rave reviews about both of these services and parents report the kids especially loved the experience. Why not take advantage of this wonderful service and have a great meal out with your spouse where you don't have to cut anybody's meat or clean up the spilled milk. Why heck the two of you can even sneak off to the parks and ride the rides to your hearts content or grab an adult beverage and snuggle while the fireworks go off!

Do you see how bad I'm being? I'm trying to TEMPT you! Now before get all "I'll feel so bad if I leave the kids at Disney" on me stop and listen to this. The kids have so much fun doing their own thing with the sitter that they beg to do it again the next day. It's really a win win for everybody. You do so much for the kids 24-7-365. Treat yourself and hubby to some WE time. Walt Disney World is for you too!
Well, when a wise woman gives you an order (I mean suggestion) then I think it would only be foolish to not follow it! Thanks for the great info on the kids club and babysitting service. Luckily for us, my mom is coming for the second part of our trip at BLT and she is insisting (she is also very wise) that we go out for a night. I foresee an evening of Mountains and a Mansion at MK in our future.

Me DH :: DS6:: DS3::
Old 09-17-2012, 05:53 AM   #1939
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixarmom View Post
Hang in there! My husband doesn't often remember the details of upcoming trips and he rarely remembers where we are staying or eating. So it was funny earlier today when he told me that he knows we are staying at BC in a few weeks. Why? "You said you are going to visit Teena in the lobby during an afternoon break."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couchy View Post

That is so funny. My DH never knows trip details either but I am confident if I mentioned Teena he would know I was talking about BC
Before our first trip to the BC, I was able to hide my DIS-obsession (to some extent). I had mentioned Teena to my family, but they were not prepared when we walked into the lobby and I gave her a big hug (and a photo album filled with pictures of other posters on this thread). It was a great moment, but I had some 'splaining to do!

Last edited by natebenma; 09-17-2012 at 07:14 AM.
Old 09-17-2012, 06:52 AM   #1940
MickeyT
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie
We are so excited!!! Added 3 nights at the beginning of our trip to this Oct and was finally able to book the Beach Club at an AP discount too We will then move to the WL for a week with our bounceback
WL & BC------Best of the best. Enjoy!

Old 09-17-2012, 08:26 AM   #1941
Couchy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Before our first trip to the BC, I was able to hide my DIS-obsession (to some extent). I had mentioned Teena to my family, but they were not prepared when we walked into the lobby and I gave her a big hug (and a photo album filled with pictures of other posters on this thread). It was a great moment, but I had some 'splaining to do!
Too funny I thought I was hiding my obsession but one day I was on my iphone while Dh was driving me to the grocery store and he asked me" how are those magical friends of yours?" At that moment I knew my jig was up

4 trips as a kid.2002-Westgate, 2004 -Hilton DTD, 2005 -Westgate, 2007 -Royal Sun DTD, 2008 Hilton DTD, April 2011 -Swan, Dec 2011-Dolphin/ Yacht Club , Feb 2012 -Solo@Swan , April 2012-Dolphin with our friends, june/july 2012 - Beach Club
Old 09-17-2012, 08:55 AM   #1942
CT Disney
Mouseketeer

Good Monday morning everyone!

Quick question about the YC CL GV rooms....

Do they all have a sideways view of the lagoon? I think someone (Scottmel maybe?) had mentioned that they all do, but that one room's view of the lagoon was blocked by a pillar or something.

How would you word a room request so as not to get that one particular room? I'd love a sideways view of the lagoon....we had one once and it was so pretty!

Right now my request reads "Wedding gazebo view please" but I would be a tad bit sad if I got the "pillar room". To know the lagoon was just to my left but I couldn't see it because of a pillar

Maybe I should just word the request to say "Sideways view of lagoon please". What do you all think? (I feel like I am over-obsessing)

Old 09-17-2012, 12:37 PM   #1943
flower91882
Mouseketeer

Ok, so I couldn't really find anything about this using the search, so I figure I'll ask.

I have a problem with fireworks. Loud noises in general actually (balloons, guns, etc. etc.) Anyway, I know that you can hear Illuminations from the resort so I'll need to plan to be in the room during that, but what about Fantasmic?? If it's not too loud, it may be ok. Do I just need to wait and see what it's like the first night before deciding if I can take an evening swim at SAB?

TIA!
Danielle
Disney Wonder 4-night Pre-wedding Cruise 5/8/05
Our Disney Wedding! , Boardwalk Resort 12/15/05 - 12/23/05; Wedding: 12/19/05 Yacht Club Gazebo
Disney Magic 7-night Alternative Western 9/27/08 ; Disneyland Resort (offsite) 5/28/09-6/3/09
My Best Friend's Wedding! Pop Century Resort WDW 8/28/09-9/7/09
Disney Princess 1/2 Marathon 3/5/10-3/10/10 (2:15:18) ; 12-night Northern European Capitals Cruise 7/18/10
Baby's First Disney Family Vacation, Sept. 2012, Disney's Beach Club Villas
Planning: ??

Old 09-17-2012, 02:22 PM   #1944
kelleigh1
Disney Baby
I sleep with Pooh & Mickey
Kicked off the school bus

Quote:
I feel so lost and out of touch. Between teaching and coaching I am barely able to steal a glance at the Dis. Told DH I am taking some time this afternoon to catch up Things gave been so busy that I just realized I only have like 45 days until our arrival at BC for F&W

Hope to be able to catch up and stay somewhat in the loop before our trip. Can not wait for this trip to come. It is our 1st F&W and I am beyond excited.
Looks like you're arriving right about the time our trip will be coming to an end. We're 40 days out as of today. This is our first Halloween and F&W. Can't wait! (Also our first stay at YC or any Deluxe for that matter. The whole trip is full of firsts.) See you at SAB!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcya23 View Post
Oct 23-20, here!
Are you doing the trip backwards? the 23rd back to the 20th?

Childless doesn't mean that we're not a family. MLA RLA

Old 09-17-2012, 03:04 PM   #1945
DannysMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcya23
Oct 23-20, here!

This will be our first time at BC and we are really looking forward to it! Just a quick question- with the Fall Discount, we upgraded tp Club Level. Although I am happy with some of the perks, I worried that our view will stink. We had a Garden view before we "upgraded," but now are standard CL. Does anyone have any experience with this? Besides being a BC first timer, we are also CL first timers... So any hints/ tidbits would be appreciated!

27 days!!!!
So unless those dates are a typo, you must be one of The Doctor's new companions.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards App, please excuse any typos.
Old 09-17-2012, 03:24 PM   #1946
MickeyMinnie1971
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcya23 View Post
Oct 23-20, here!

27 days!!!!
We have stayed BC CL standard view a couple of times. The first time our room was just to the left of concierge desk and right next to the lounge. It was a little larger than most rooms with only a juliet balcony. The view was okay. It looked down on the parking lot around the entrance to the resort. The second time we were wayyyy down a long hallway. We had a full balcony, but it overlooked a service area and rooftop. I didn't really care for that view, but we could see Spaceship Earth. I would like to book CL GV this time, but from what I hear there is only one room in that category with a daybed and we really want a daybed.
Old 09-17-2012, 04:32 PM   #1947
fterie4u
DIS Veteran

We are close to our trip and are wondering, are there microwaves available upon request?

Thank you!
4/2011 - Isabella's 5th Birthday trip at the Beach Club!!!!!
10/2011 - Big family trip and AKL!!!!
2/2012 - Birthday trip to BWI CL!!!
9/12-Family trip to BC!!!
10/13-10th anniversary trip to AKL!!!!
Old 09-17-2012, 05:02 PM   #1948
MickeyMinnie1971
DIS Veteran

It's official. I have changed my reservation yet again, and we are now staying at BC CL. I have had the hardest time deciding between the Poly, and BC. It's been making me crazy! We haven't been to the BC since last October, and have been to the Poly twice this year. I love both resorts, but for different reasons. I have never had this much trouble deciding before! Looking at all the pictures in this thread has been great. I'm looking forward to seeing it in person soon!
Old 09-17-2012, 05:04 PM   #1949
Brit17
DIS Veteran

Parking ?

Hi all ... I have a question regarding parking at the BC, where we will be staying ...

I have relatives who will be staying off-site and would like to meet us at the BC for dinner ... And maybe also on another day for lunch and then for all of us to rent a boat at the marina ... Will there be any problem for them to park in the BC parking lot and/or to get thru the security gate? ... Also is there a time limit on parking? ... Thank you ...
Old 09-17-2012, 05:48 PM   #1950
nannette
Hmm... dislikes Trolls the kind with green hair and big eyes wearing Mickey ears!!

Quote:
Your DD's wedding is exactly 10 years to the day that my DH and I got married. The Disneymoon/Trip to the Darkside seems fun. I am trying to talk DH into a 10 year anniversary trip to BC
That is very cool! April is a busy busy month for both families... DH and my anniversary... my birthday... his parents anniversary... his brothers birthday... his birthday and his sisters birthday... Why not add the anniversary in there!!! Good luck with the 10 year anniversary plan!! Hope your DH goes with the Disney trip!!

~Nannette

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: